Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's (16711 Views)

Classical Music Is Better Than Rap / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by ijebuboy18(m): 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2011
9ja music better than american, please don't make me laugh.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Mrc1: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2011
Nigerian music is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qOEjb3rl4s
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by johncasey1(m): 3:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
@BABY  MI and eminem !!! What sort of weed are you on ? MARIJUANA . INDIAN HEMP OR GANJA ? U seriously need help
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 3:03pm On Dec 26, 2011
amblors:

No doubt there's good music out there, how many wan hear am?
how many people listen to Asa, Nneka?
How many listen to Bez, Timi, Etcetera, Adol?
How many people have heard of SDC?

Errrmmm, so because these "good" songs are not well heard, makes Nigerian music shitty? Pls explain your argument. Bro, at least these are there for you to listen to. If you choose to listen to Terry G over Nneka, then that's your choice.  cheesy

Nigerians are party people bro.  cheesy Get with the program. We love grooving beats! I'm in love with your "Dami duro".  grin

On a serious note, consider the audience/receptors.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by johncasey1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2011
@BABY MI and eminem !!! What sort of weed are you on ? MARIJUANA . INDIAN HEMP OR GANJA ? U seriously need help
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2011
john casey:

@BABY  MI and eminem !!! What sort of weed are you on ? MARIJUANA . INDIAN HEMP OR GANJA ? U seriously need help

Who's your baby? Olodo. Just a day after Christmas and you're ranting like this. Fried-Chicken over-load? I seriously hope you can read.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2011
john casey:

@BABY  MI and eminem !!! What sort of weed are you on ? MARIJUANA . INDIAN HEMP OR GANJA ? U seriously need help
Garry weed  grin
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2011
odiaero:

Garry weed  grin

Mr.Pilot, your paper planes are waiting to be flown.  grin

Product of a faulty education system. Olodo.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2011
BABE!:

Mr.Pilot, your paper planes are waiting to be flown.  grin

Product of a faulty education system. Olodo.

Mumu, u dont know i can employ you as a gardener with that your big head  grin, your mates are working as Air Hostess while u are here gossiping with a dead brain  grin
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Oba234: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2011
This is probably the dumbest topic I have seen on in Nairaland to date? What is the purpose of this? You come to a Nigerian forum and asked whether Nigerian music is better than Americans, were you looking for an unbiased answer? or biased? It's like me going to a black american forum or an american forum in general and saying don't you think Nigerian music is better than Americans or vice versa? What kind of response do you think I will get. The answer to this question will be biased and subjective because your music taste is influenced by your culture, background, environment and how u were raised, so like I said what is the purpose of this topic? are you looking to get an unbiased answer in a nigerian forum?
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
Aladinn:

u got no copy of them? Then your opinion dosint count. How do u listen to them? From beer parlour?

Unless you're stating one needs to have a copy (disc / cassette) of an artist to have an opinion, then you're wrong. I doubt you have a copy of every artist you have an opinion on. Last time I checked, radio and television broadcast still played music, which one can listen to. Even if it's played in a Beer Parlour, it'll be no different to the same track played on a disc.

I don't have copies of lots of current Nigerian artists, but I still have an opinion, on what I like, and dislike.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by johncasey1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2011
@ Baby Now i know u are on Terry G's weed by comparing MI and eminem .
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by johncasey1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2011
@ Baby Now i understand , its that time of the year.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2011
odiaero:

Mumu, u dont know i can employ you as a gardener with that your big head  grin, your mates are working as Air Hostess while u are here gossiping with a dead brain  grin

He has started again. Of course you can employ me. Bill Gates in the making.  grin Clueless Donkey. Your mates are flying real planes, you're here bragging about flying PS3 planes. Mr. Pilot.  Laughable! Pathetic!

You're more clueless than I thought. Gossiping? Really? Olodo in 3D.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2011
if you wrote in this thread that Nigerian music is better than American music then u need to seriously get out of your house
am a DJ here in some clubs at the wkd and although you have a lot of nigerian songs with rythm(they amostly sound like high-life) but if u talk of hip hop,pls just hush it and stop showing your stupidity
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 4:04pm On Dec 26, 2011
john casey:

@ Baby   Now i know u are on Terry G's weed by comparing MI and eminem .

BABE!:

I can't easily compare M.I. to EMINEM.  grin We are not there yet in the rap game. It's not "our thing" anyway. It's understandable.  

If highlighting doesn't help your ability to comprehend, then I'm sorry, you're a closed chapter.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2011
I can't easily compare M.I. to EMINEM. We are not there yet in the rap game. It's not "our thing" anyway. It's understandable.

MI and Wale no be mate not to talk of eminem,do u know shit about music?
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by bilms(m): 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2011
This topic is clear on it content.

It simple said, Nigerian music are better than American music in term of lyrics,rap and style.

Some people don't seems to understand the difference between American artist who gat world fame are due to hype not just the content. They forgot that American is controlling world media so their artist could get anywhere with their media.

If you think they are btter than our artists, i challenge you to present an American artist, and i will provide a Nigerian artist so we can compare their tracks,

present an American artist to compare one after the other

RAP,
Mode 9------------
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by jiggaz(m): 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2011
Well in my opinion, Nigerian music is not better than American music. Buh Nigerian music is coming of age and we have some good artistes. American music is global and they have tons of good artistes buh dat doesnt mean dat they dont have wack artistes oo, dem plenty for there as they plenty for here.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2011
bilms:

This topic is clear on it content.

It simple said, Nigerian music are better than American music in term of lyrics,rap and style.

Some people don't seems to understand the difference between American artist who gat world fame are due to hype not just the content. They forgot that American is controlling world media so their artist could get anywhere with their media.

If you think they are btter than our artists, i challenge you to present an American artist, and i will provide a Nigerian artist so we can compare their tracks,

present an American artist to compare one after the other

RAP,
Mode 9------------

Nigerians stop living in delusion
Mode 9, Wiz Khalifa
check lyrics,word for word and see which makes more meaning,will not go as far as calling names like nas,jayz,snoop,2 short,freeway,joe budden,ll,even lil wayne,
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2011
milehigh06:

MI and Wale no be mate not to talk of eminem,do u know poo about music?

Olodo. Smh. This is serious.

No sir. I don't know sh1t about music. However, I know the difference between can and can't. Do you? I don't think so. Olodo.

Consult Mr. Google for the meaning(s) of "CAN", "CAN'T" and "EUPHEMISM".

bilms:

RAP,
Mode 9------------

Chei.  grin You're looking for trouble. You shouldn't have started with 'Mode 9' Sir.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by tpia5: 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2011
poster you need to be more specific.

are you referring to rap?

what you're calling american music is too broad to simply be lumped together in the manner you're attempting.

stop sounding ignorant.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by bilms(m): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2011
@Oba234, i am willing to get a sincere answer, but the truth is, some Nigerians will always condemn anything from Nigeria. No matter how good it is, they will always say the negative.

What i expect from any critics is a simple and sincere analysis and comparison.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by tpia5: 4:25pm On Dec 26, 2011
you must be joking.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by bilms(m): 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
@nile, come up a wiz khalif lyrics and lets compare with Mode 9, did you forgot whne he came here and free stlye with mode 9 in the studio?, when he get on stage, he cant help than keep hailing mode 9,
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by seankay(m): 4:44pm On Dec 26, 2011
Wen it cums 2 party track aπϑ d madness thing,we ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ d best but dnt even try to compare wen it cums to d rest!hiphop,r n b,rap, mayb U̶̲̥̅̊ nid to start listening to lyrics,those pple ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ outta dis world.we ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ growing but we still av a lng way 2 go.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 26, 2011
BABE!:

He has started again. Of course you can employ me. Bill Gates in the making.  grin Clueless Donkey. Your mates are flying real planes, you're here bragging about flying PS3 planes. Mr. Pilot.  Laughable! Pathetic!

You're more clueless than I thought. Gossiping? Really? Olodo in 3D.

Madam Big head finally replied, for your inform, the money i used to study alone can be set aside to pay your when u come back to life 4times after your deaths, poverty is so into u that u sees things u dont have as bragging, look at your nose like that of a horse, do u take snuff?  grin
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by safarigirl(f): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2011
Depends on one's music preference

Naija music is ÄŁĻ about women ǡŋ₫ money, people seem to forget Lil Wayne's g
Got Money= money ǡŋ₫ Lollipo= women, some ☺₣ their music also dwell on drugs e.g Wiz Khalifa ǡŋ₫ Snoop's 'young, wild ǡŋ₫ free', Terry G does same in 'free madness'

Lady Gaga's 'born this way' tells people that it's okay to be a homo because they were 'born that way'

Jay-Z's 'empire state ☺₣ mind' has the lyrics 'Hail Mary you're Ǟ virgin ǡŋ₫ Jesus can't save you' 'life starts when the church ends' promoting Satanism.
I shan't even begin to analyse Chris Brown's 'fallen angel' the title speaks for itself

Hence, permit me to conclude that American music is just as crappy as Nigerian music. Theirs just has Ǟ more attractive packaging and more efficient advertisement.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by seedord247(m): 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2011
safarigirl:

Depends on one's music preference

Naija music is ÄŁĻ about women ǡŋ₫ money, people seem to forget Lil Wayne's g
Got Money= money ǡŋ₫ Lollipo= women, some ☺₣ their music also dwell on drugs e.g Wiz Khalifa ǡŋ₫ Snoop's 'young, wild ǡŋ₫ free', Terry G does same in 'free madness'

Lady Gaga's 'born this way' tells people that it's okay to be a homo because they were 'born that way'

Jay-Z's 'empire state ☺₣ mind' has the lyrics 'Hail Mary you're Ǟ virgin ǡŋ₫ Jesus can't save you' 'life starts when the church ends' promoting Satanism.
I shan't even begin to analyse Chris Brown's 'fallen angel' the title speaks for itself

Hence, permit me to conclude that American music is just as crappy as Nigerian music. Theirs just has Ǟ more attractive packaging and more efficient advertisement.

Seconded.

I don't why some pple leave their brain in their bedroom before logging to nairaland and more also ISP Company needs to check some customer brain background check before issuing them access to internet.

There's nothing like my naija music, whether apala, fuji, high life anything you call it so far it's nigeria. Even in club here the DJ like playing song from Terry G, DBanj, naeto C and 2face.

I hardly dance to any American music because it's dance-less unless you want to act as if you are suffering from epilepsy that when you dance to their music. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by dasparrow: 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2011
@OP

I used to listen to alot of american music but not anymore. As a matter of fact, I rarely do but that may have got to do with the fact that I am bored of everything american. I listen to naija/african christian music. I also listen to african traditional music sung in local tongues. As for your question on whether Nigerian or american music is better, I say, it depends on the individual. Some prefer Nigerian music and some prefer American music. It is subjective so you will get answers based on individual taste. Also add to the fact that most Nigerians will knock down anything Nigerians anyways so you will most likely get people who will pick american/foreign music over naija music anytime, even in their sleep.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by ak4God(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2011
The Poster of this topic must be very stupid.Nonsense.Later you will say Nigeria is better than America.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by bilms(m): 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2011
Even comparing mode 9 to wiz kaliph is an insult to the intergrity mode. Wiz kaliph is a commercial rapper why mode 9 is hardcore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2face's Album “Away And Beyond” - Your Thoughts ? / Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. / Omawumi - Bottom Belle Ft. Flavour [official Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.