Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,054 members, 7,825,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's (16717 Views)

Classical Music Is Better Than Rap / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 27, 2011
^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BabaEleko(m): 7:50am On Dec 27, 2011
BABE!:

F00LS! LEARN TO READ! TWATS! OLODOS!

F00lish individuals. How difficult is it to read and understand? Ehn? Products of a faulty education system exhibiting their moronic traits.

See their mouths!  grin

Pls uncles, show me where exactly I blatantly compared M.I. to EMINEM. Twats! I pity your conditions.

I'm not gonn call u by your username because going by your pic u are far from it and your fore head looks as if Santa Claus is hiding inside it and distributing Christmas gift. You won't be famous on nl by your bashing and bashing of pple whose opinion differs from urs and even if u do, it won't go past the end of this thread. And honestly no joke it looks like I have to be going into pples profile take a look at their pic to av an idea primary wetin den dey b4 I ever quote them. A young girl like u coming here to talk to your uncles mate as if u been sharing d same bed with them. Smh. You a typical reason why Parents should be vigilant of what their kids do with the computer when they not around.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 7:51am On Dec 27, 2011
Digriz:

go and change your soaked menstrual pad first b4 i cn listen to you.

Digriz, you're a disgrace!  grin A disgrace to your league of women with blood-deprived brain. You're an arse. It's been established. Pop-off!  
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

I'm not gonn call u by your username because going by your pic u are far from it and your fore head looks as if Santa Claus is hiding inside it and distributing Christmas gift. You won't be famous on nl by your bashing and bashing of pple whose opinion differs from urs and even if u do, it won't go past the end of this thread. And honestly no joke it looks like I have to be going into pples profile take a look at their pic to av an idea primary wetin den dey b4 I ever quote them. A young girl like u coming here to talk to your uncles mate as if u been sharing d same bed with them. Smh. You a typical reason why Parents should be vigilant of what their kids do with the computer when they not around.

Well said
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Digriz(m): 7:58am On Dec 27, 2011
BABE!:

Digriz, you're a disgrace!  grin A disgrace to your league of women with blood-deprived brain. You're an arse. It's been established. Pop-off!  

wake me wen its over!
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Digriz(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2011
BABE!:

wake me wen its over!
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 7:59am On Dec 27, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

I'm not gonn call u by your username because going by your pic u are far from it and your fore head looks as if Santa Claus is hiding inside it and distributing Christmas gift. You won't be famous on nl by your bashing and bashing of pple whose opinion differs from urs and even if u do, it won't go past the end of this thread. And honestly no joke it looks like I have to be going into pples profile take a look at their pic to av an idea primary wetin den dey b4 I ever quote them. A young girl like u coming here to talk to your uncles mate as if u been sharing d same bed. Smh. Parents should be vigilant of what their kids do with the computer when they not around.

Utter Rubbish! As expected. I asked you to show me where I compared M.I. to Eminem, you're busy looking at my photo.  grin What an arse! Cluelessness in HD!

Who are the uncles? Rotfl. Respect is reciprocal fam. You respect yourself, I respect you. Kapish.

You see how I responded to "Amblors" on this same thread? Good, good. I replied him in a civilized manner, because he earned it.

But as for you and your crew, MBA!  grin It's nothing personal. You simply don't deserve my "civilized reply".
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Digriz(m): 8:04am On Dec 27, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

dnt mind her
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BabaEleko(m): 8:19am On Dec 27, 2011
BABE!:

Utter Rubbish! As expected. I asked you to show me where I compared M.I. to Eminem, you're busy looking at my photo.  grin What an arse! Cluelessness in HD!

Who are the uncles? Rotfl. Respect is reciprocal fam. You respect yourself, I respect you. Kapish.

You see how I responded to "Amblors" on this same thread? Good, good. I replied him in a civilized manner, because he earned it.

But as for you and your crew, MBA!  grin It's nothing personal. You simply don't deserve my "civilized reply".

Young girl, I advise u to delete the computer history before ur mummy and daddy find out or else the next time u open ur eyes u go meet urself for village for grandma house, na then u go hear wehnn. Na that laspotech u go go at last.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 8:27am On Dec 27, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

Young girl, I advise u to delete the computer history before your mummy and daddy find out or else the next time u open your eyes u go meet urself for village for grandma house, na then u go hear wehnn. Na that laspotech u go go at last.

Oh shut up! Lame non-sense. See the kerosene background nonsense he came up with.  grin

Baba elewe, for the 17th time, show me where I compared M.I. to Eminem--

Old man, I'm not a fighter. lol. You blokes started this. When the heat got to much, y'all decided to play the victims. It's expected.

For next time's sake, READ and real well before commenting on people's posts. wink
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by safarigirl(f): 8:42am On Dec 27, 2011
In defense ☺₣ BABE! She never at any point outrightly said M.I is better than the G.O.A.T Eminem, she said "it won't be easy comparing Eminem ǡŋ₫ M.I" because it's quite evident that Eminem is the BEST.

If you guys bothered to read (something men aren't good at) you would understand her meaning.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 8:44am On Dec 27, 2011
safarigirl:

In defense ☺₣ BABE! She never at any point outrightly said M.I is better than the G.O.A.T Eminem, she said "it won't be easy comparing Eminem ǡŋ₫ M.I" because it's quite evident that Eminem is the BEST.

If you guys bothered to read (something men aren't good at) you would understand her meaning.

Bless you Gorgeous.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Effiko(m): 8:59am On Dec 27, 2011
BABE . . . u sef u strong ooooo . . . only you wit all of dem ?? grin grin grin

If you guys bothered to read (something men aren't good at)

abeg ooo dnt start . . . . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by amblors(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2011
@babe,
well said u prefer naija music abi, i used to b a naija music addict for while, i still love it terribly but na like 50-50 naw.
i don't expect my granny to like any foreign music,for her the best music fit be the town criers gong,
for me i love Nigerian music but speaking objectively, its miles from american music,
music is about content and instrumentals, except ofcourse your doin acapella,
but content is an important part of it, Naija music generally lacks plenty of it.

we say we want party bangers, u fit make bangers with sensible lyrics --
checkout DaCapo - Frobeat
SDC - farabale, what u want
Eldee - Na Wash, he he
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by jack1420: 10:16am On Dec 27, 2011
i have been listening to american music for some time before finally fallen in love with the nigerian musics on free satellite radio ,but ever since our local artists stole my heart,i have no regrete what so ever. Comparing the nigerian artist to their americans counter part,i do not see the americans in anyway better than our artists. cheesy

http://www.livetvportal.com/free-satellite-radio/
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BabaEleko(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2011
jack1420:

i have been listening to american music for some time before finally fallen in love with the nigerian musics on free satellite radio ,but ever since our local artists stole my heart,i have no regrete what so ever. Comparing the nigerian artist to their americans counter part,i do not see the americans in anyway better than our artists. cheesy

http://www.livetvportal.com/free-satellite-radio/

So it's safe to say MI and Eminem fit well, Goldie and Lady Gaga are equal, Daray and Trey Songs are together, Mr Kool and R.kelly, Tiwa Savage and Rihanna same, Vector and Jayz match, Wizkid and Justin Bieber roll, Mode 9 and Krs 1 dsame, Just Blaze and Jesse Jag cool, Dj Premier and DJ Jimmy Jatt same, Stv and MTV no difference, Headies and Grammies same. You are just being comical, right?
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by amblors(m): 11:24am On Dec 27, 2011
people seem to be confusing "what you prefer' with "which has better quality".
they're songs i like that i know are junk, doesn't mean am goin to say its better than some quality music, i just prefer it.

so y'all shud separate the two and b objective, flush out the delusion.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Eltonluigi(m): 11:27am On Dec 27, 2011
You dey craze?
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by fred2265: 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2011
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

So it's safe to say MI and Eminem fit well, Goldie and Lady Gaga are equal, Daray and Trey Songs are together, Mr Kool and R.kelly, Tiwa Savage and Rihanna same, Vector and Jayz match, Wizkid and Justin Bieber roll, Mode 9 and Krs 1 dsame, Just Blaze and Jesse Jag cool, Dj Premier and DJ Jimmy Jatt same, Stv and MTV no difference, Headies and Grammies same. You are just being comical, right?

Leave them, u dont understand american slang means naija music is better
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by marcmuzman: 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
Some people in this thread never had the chance to listen to both artist of both America and Najia, Half of the American Artist people are naming are over ratted commercial artist, Next time when someone has the absolute nerve to start a topic like this know your music completely, Naija just using some "wack" American trends to get commercial success,

At the end of the day, I don't see American Artist who are commercially successful trying to break a career over here. But I seen plenty of artist of Nigerian decent trying to make it big in America,

The music and entertainment industry doesn't have a great foundation, The nation doesn't even have a billboard chart, a productive academy or union for artist to observe the achievements of their own artist,

Even though I love Naija but honestly Naija hip hop and rap artist as a whole should be absolutely happy and humble to be even entertained in the same debate as American hip hop and rap Artist.

Lastly to say , I don't see any other music culture, artistry and trend that is copied throughout the world,
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Bamaguje: 3:51pm On Dec 27, 2011
BABE!:

Chai LWKMD!, i like this babe
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2011
amblors:

@babe,
for me i love Nigerian music but speaking objectively, its miles from american music,

The few problems we have with our music industry are; inadequate female singers, and the fact that we're still a "fifth world country". Boys are still hustling. The hustle is still very fresh and hot. You CAN'T (capitalized and highlighted for the f00ls that can't read) compare Justin Beiber's stage performance with Whizkid's stage performance. You should know why. We are not drowning in wealth as a nation yet. PHCN would probably 'take light' during his performance. hehe. Jokes.

I can easily compare Tiwa savage's talent to Rihanna's. Rihanna is overexposed and overrated like MANY American artists. She has a song on her latest album that has only 5 WORDS as it's lyrics.  grin The song is a HIT! American 'pop' radio stations play the f00lish song 57 times a day. The beat of the song has been overused.  Talk about celebrating mediocrity.

Have you heard Rihanna perfom live? CHEI! It's deafening. grin She can entertain on stage though. I love those her lap-dances.  cheesy

I can provide more examples.

My point is, we have the good, they have the good. We have the bad, they have the bad. Subjectively, Nigerian music is better. Why? It is what I prefer to listen to. Objective, we are not there yet. We'll get there soon, hopefully.

amblors:

music is about content and instrumentals, except ofcourse your doin acapella,
but content is an important part of it, Naija music generally lacks plenty of it.

Dude, what content are you talking about? Expatiate.

amblors:

Eldee - Na Wash, he he

Eldee's 'Na wash' doesn't have sensible lyrics? NA WASH! Big fat wash!  grin Check out 'Jor o'; correct song! Innovative and fresh. 'Na wash' and 'Jor o' are in the same category in my book.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by daviesmania(m): 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2011
Nigerian music is nowhere near american music. Y? The reason is not far fetched! Nigerians dosn't care abt good music, dats why the dance any stupid noise that p square puts forward. That way they show-up next tym wit something more stupid. 'she must chop ma moni' hahahahahaha nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 4:37pm On Dec 27, 2011
daviesmania:

Nigerian music is nowhere near american music. Y? The reason is not far fetched! Nigerians dosn't care abt good music, dats why the dance any silly noise that p square puts forward. That way they show-up next tym wit something more silly. 'she must chop ma moni' hahahahahaha nonsense! 

'I'm sexy and I know it' hahahahahah nonsense! That's another big hit from a "big" group in America. See lyrics! See content! grin Catchy tune though.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="[/flash]
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by amblors(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2011
@babe,
i was about posting a large comment but decided to summarize:
American music is broad with plenty genres
any genre america n nigeria does; American music > Nigerian Music.
some genre's like Country music, you can't make without saying something,
you can make same argument for afrobeat too.

I prefer to listen to Nigerian music genrally, but i'm not goin to say its better than American music coz its not
we may have some artistes better than some wack american acts and even some average ones,
but i stil say there is more Quality music in america than Nigeria,
i rest my case.

if ya say 9ja music is better, i'm not on a mission to change ur mind, i'm only goin to tell ya what it really is , you prefer 9ja music that doesnt make it better.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by sniperwolf(m): 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2011
Naija songs is growing. We are getting International recognition. And we are patronising our songs
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by ekehleosey: 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2011
hey guys i ran into this site on facebook and decided to check it out, sorry to divert a bit but seriously its worth it, its new in town and its a hit, its a mobile site www.mocliq.mobi. its something like an online/private phone account, wer u actually can save or keep airtime privately,u also can play a game called Cliqr to multiply ur airtime, and you can then withdraw into ur real phone account anytime. its actually very cool. all this is related to our topic, in the site`s game Cliqr,people are asked to choose between two celebrities(pictured v them displayed) according to a particular positive criteria, i noticed people choose more of Nigerian artists than international artists, sorry for the long story.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 12:30am On Dec 28, 2011
amblors:

I prefer to listen to Nigerian music genrally, but i'm not goin to say its better than American music coz its not

but i stil say there is more Quality music in america than Nigeria,

Why don't you stick to American music? Why are you "punishing" yourself with Nigerian music that is of a lesser quality? I'm curious.

Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Effiko(m): 4:42am On Dec 28, 2011
we may have some artistes better than some wack american acts and even some average ones

#gbam
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by TeeStarhh(f): 5:03am On Dec 28, 2011
i prefer listening to Nigerian music and watching the videos than Foreign music because u can't get the true meaning of most of them.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by amblors(m): 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2011
BABE!:

Why don't you stick to American music? Why are you "punishing" yourself with Nigerian music that is of a lesser quality? I'm curious.

punishing myself? smh.
i trust you have jewellery aite? e get levelz,
they're of diff cost and diff ranges n quality
you don't wear clothes you go out with indoors, and they're normally not same quality, but you still have em right? all of em na cloth abi?
you have designer shoes, you still have your nigerian made slippers, all of em na footwear abi

same with my musical taste.
i didn't say i hate Nigerian music, i've continally reiterated that i love love it, currently bumping to Bosalin - SHINE.
they're times i want to listen to american music too.

i listen to all of em, no make them all mates.
In a class of 50, person dey wey dey always come first, second on the regular.
doesn't make 2nd wack, 2nd is of lesser quality than the 1st but its still good.

babe chill abeg.
I love 9ja music, i fit get n play naija song pass you sef,
i love american music n it doesnt change anything American music > Nigerian music #fact.
don't confuse that with you preference where this is true Nigerian music > American music.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2face's Album “Away And Beyond” - Your Thoughts ? / Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. / Omawumi - Bottom Belle Ft. Flavour [official Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.