Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's (16725 Views)

Classical Music Is Better Than Rap / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2011
The topic is laughable!
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Sameee1uZ: 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2011
Na inferiority complex dey make people asked question like this.  I listen to all type of music as long the lyrics are meaningful/soulful. Music is not where you come form rather, what you say in your music that will/can change a person's life. Back to the question @poster  when i listen to American muscians like Whitney houston, Mariah Carry, Toni Braxton, celine Dion etc. it brings so music joy into my heart the same with Nigerian musicians like Bright Chimezie, Lagbaja, Femi Kuti etc i feel the same joy. There are good music/muscians everywhere around the world. I suggest you start listening to good music whether be it American, Nigerian, Indian etc. Trust me next time you won't come up with such unreasonable/childish question.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by semid4lyfe(m): 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2011
Mode 9 better pass Wiz Khalifa 1 million times but then M9 doesn't do Nigerian music grin

Meanwhile na music by Nigerian artistes me dey listen to pass these days.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Digriz(m): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
@babe, u are still immature in music coz what u knw and undastood as good music is only Rap and RnB and u dnt even knw them that much,so get your mouth shut and pay attention to your seniors. Hv u heard abt Rock or Pop music or do u think that Rap and RnB were the only genre of music we hv?
We stil hv a long way to go in music for us to attain American level in music,lets leave patroitism aside and be sincere. Even naija instrumentation in RnB is nt up to that level u enjoys wen listening to the songs of many American RnB artiste nt to talk of their stars.
I hv some naija songs wt me bt 95% of my music collections are made up of American music. I hv abt 700 good rock and pop music i selected as my best of best and thousands of R nB songs that are top class,i am a lover of all genre of music and cn tell u the fact.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Princek12(m): 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2011
Almost all the all time R & B, rap, rock, and jazz greats are from America. American music sells worldwide and has a following on the globe. American music is still superior to Nigerian music, as most artists who are signed to record deals in America have to be good. In Nigeria, all you need to qualify for a record deal is speak broken English on some generic beats with auto tune.

While I do listen and appreciate Naija music, I think it is very premature and nonsensical to say Naija music is better than American music, when Nigerian artists are copying Americans.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by obi2obi(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2011
www.iroking.com - iROKING.com is a free to use, super-premium music streaming website aimed at improving the distribution and organization of the Nigerian music industry. Check it out
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by tpia5: 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2011
Let's assume the comparison is meant to be between american rap and nigerian music, because its only rap that would give the kind of bad name we're seeing here. With people running mouth anyhow like "american music".

I doubt anyone would dare compare other american genres of music in this manner.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Ndkings1(m): 9:41pm On Dec 26, 2011
Poster, you must be mad to compare american musics wit 9ja.
The problem b say u no dey undastand english wella.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by amblors(m): 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2011
@babe

the general public prefers to listen to junk, beat only,
so the market tailors itself accordingly,
so majority of the songs put out are poor.

hence its very inferior to american music,
its not even an argument.

or u saying nigerian music is better?
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2011
the answer comes from who wan join who
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2011
bilms:

@Oba234, i am willing to get a sincere answer, but the truth is, some Nigerians will always condemn anything from Nigeria. No matter how good it is, they will always say the negative.

Dude, get real. Everyone has the freedom of choice - some prefer Nigerian music, some prefer American / Western music. Some detest Nigerian music and vice versa. Quit whinging - you started this thread, asked people's opinions, and guess what? You got mixed reviews. Good music is subjective, there are no right or wrong answers to your question.

Nothing wrong with you preferring Nigerian music. But there's plenty wrong when you attempt to impose your views upon others.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by marcmuzman: 11:58pm On Dec 26, 2011
Honestly, To call music completely "American" is too broad , Please pick a exact genre and we can finally have a decent thread !!!!
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by publisher(m): 12:19am On Dec 27, 2011
I hope must folks on this thread are aware that 'American music' goes way beyond hip hop(black/coloured music). Majority of Americans (whites) are into Blue grass country and rock music. Nigerian music cannot be better than 'American music' cos there's no such thing. But i dare say that 'the Nigerian hip hop genre' is presently giving the American hip hop genre a run for their money in certain aspects,but this does not mean that Naija hip hop has become better,not yet.
Presently,Naija music has cornered a large chunk of the 'hip hop' pie outside the US,once controlled by American artistes. This scenario is more glaring in Nigeria itself and other parts of black Africa. American hip hop has lost its traditional 'dance value' which made it popular amongst blacks and coloureds. Naija hip hop music has successfully resurrected the 'dance' in hip hop.
No one on this thread can 'really' dance to jay z,Drake,Busta rhymes or lil wayne's songs. Lady gaga has been a hit cos most of her hit tracks are danceable kinda like the Madonna of old,and she's white too. Chris brown is trying too.
As per lyrics,please any one looking for good,sensible,pure lyrics in a song should stick with 'songs of solomon' in the bible. Hip hop is secular music,its suppose to make u 'dance and wiggle' even if the lyrics of a song is about cocks crowing,and Naija hip hop is doing just that presently.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BlackBaron: 12:32am On Dec 27, 2011
lol. . .I dunno what is classed as 'American Music' undecided

But yh, both sides of the divide possess talented musicians. From our own critically acclaimed Asa, Bez to american Ryan Leslie, Kanye West.

And nah, I aint talking about your average musicians that don't even know what a musical note is. . .Vic O et al

In all, I probably listen to foreign music more than Nigerian. . .
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Yeske2(m): 12:46am On Dec 27, 2011
It all depends on my mood to say which is
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BabaEleko(m): 1:05am On Dec 27, 2011
Of all that's being said, na one two aspect catch my own attention, . . That chick wey dey try compare MI and Eminem must definitely be Bose the Comedian and it's obvious she doesn't really understand music, she just doesn't wanted to be left out of the discussion I think. And that person wey dey compare Mode 9 with Wiz Khalifa needs to be imprisoned in a hole and never made to listen to rap music never and ever. Mode 9 is above the level of ANY naija rapper and even some of ur favorite Yankee rappers need to step up their lyrics in other to stand toe to toe with Shege. Mode 9 is the epitome of rap in Africa put together.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by OneNaira6: 1:09am On Dec 27, 2011
Which Nigerian music? Similar beat from almost every single nigerian artist, very little lyrics, copy-cat American musics. Nigeria hasn't reach the same level as American music only few artist have such as Asa, Nneka, etc thus hell no, Nigeria music isn't better than American music,
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by dramenda(f): 2:46am On Dec 27, 2011
All za.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by onila(f): 3:43am On Dec 27, 2011
Nigerian music is better than American music
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Effiko(m): 4:21am On Dec 27, 2011
haba . . . . . . . . .
#MakeWeNoLie JOOR . . . .I personally prefer naija music buh our preferences dont change anything . . . c'mon now lets be true 2 ourselves , we neva reach . . . . . naija music is improving tho . . . . . . . . wateva sha our music is nyc too . . . . #NJO on my mind sef
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 6:02am On Dec 27, 2011
Digriz:

@babe, u are still immature in music coz what u knw and undastood as good music is only Rap and RnB and u dnt even knw them that much,so get your mouth shut and pay attention to your seniors. Hv u heard abt Rock or Pop music or do u think that Rap and RnB were the only genre of music we hv?

Baba_Eleko:

Of all that's being said, na one two aspect catch my own attention,  . . That chick wey dey try compare MI and Eminem must definitely be Bose the Comedian and it's obvious she doesn't really understand music, she just doesn't wanted to be left out of the discussion I think.

F00LS! LEARN TO READ! TWATS! OLODOS!

F00lish individuals. How difficult is it to read and understand? Ehn? Products of a faulty education system exhibiting their moronic traits.

See their mouths!  grin

Pls uncles, show me where exactly I blatantly compared M.I. to EMINEM. Twats! I pity your conditions.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 6:06am On Dec 27, 2011
amblors:

hence its very inferior to american music,

It is not.

amblors:

or u saying nigerian music is better?

Yes, I'm saying Nigerian music is better; or rather, I prefer Nigerian Music.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 6:15am On Dec 27, 2011
odiaero:

Madam Big head finally replied, for your inform, the money i used to study alone can be set aside to pay your when u come back to life 4times after your deaths, poverty is so into u that u sees things u dont have as bragging, look at your nose like that of a horse, do u take snuff?  grin

Olodo. Mr.Pilot, You're a Finished!  grin

Yes, I hear you. You can buy me and the whole of Nigeria. No one is arguing with you.

Sooner or later, the pathetic donkey will call himself a Neurosurgeon because he gave his dog CPR. Olodo. Shameless donkey.

When you're done flying your paper planes, bury your empty head in a bowl of concentrated sulfuric acid. 
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 27, 2011
BABE!:

Olodo. Mr.Pilot, You're a Finished!  grin

Yes, I hear you. You can buy me and the whole of Nigeria. No one is arguing with you.

Sooner or later, the pathetic donkey will call himself a Neurosurgeon because he gave his dog CPR. Olodo. Shameless donkey.

When you're done flying your paper planes, bury your empty head in a bowl of concentrated sulfuric acid.  wink

It does not take long  to know when kids seeing their periods newly are writing, as big and shapeless as that your coconut heads is, there is no brain, do u go to heading competitions? between, that ur head must have a special pillow, LWKMD grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 6:36am On Dec 27, 2011
odiaero:

It does not take long  to know when kids seeing their periods newly are writing, as big and shapeless as that your coconut heads is, there is no brain, do u go to heading competitions? LWKMD grin

LAME SHEEP! See the Apoda constructing sentences like a kid in First Grade.

*Imitating his moronic line* "do you go to heading competitions?" F00L!

Leave my facial features out of this for a second and lets see how good your come-backs are gonna be.

You're finished o.  cheesy You nefa jam. Delusional f00l! Ruminant Animal.

Have you returned the Camry?  cheesy Consummate tool!

Ode-Oniro, I call a truce.  smiley Merry Christmas.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 27, 2011
BABE!:

LAME SHEEP! See the Apoda constructing sentences like a kid in First Grade.

*Imitating his moronic line* "do you go to heading competitions?" F00L!

Leave my facial features out of this for a second and lets me see how good your come-backs are gonna be.

You're finished o.  cheesy You nefa jam. Delusional f00l! Ruminant Animal.

Have you returned the Camry?  cheesy Consummate tool!

Ode-Oniro, I call a truce.  smiley Merry Christmas.

Lol, are u afraid to defend your body?, u never see anything, by the time am done with that your body hinged on tiny legs with a big head, then u go know how to shut up when i write, bring it on kpanla  grin
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 6:55am On Dec 27, 2011
odiaero:

Lol, are u afraid to defend your body?, u never see anything, by the time am done with that your body hinged on a tiny legs with a big head, then u go know how to shut up when i write, bring it on kpanla  grin

Of course. The f00l has nothing else to say. What if I didn't have my picture up? You'll be short of words ba? You don't have a picture of your f00lish self on your profile, and I'm killing you.  You're lame. Buy yourself a better life.

You're an embarrassment. An embarrassment to your fellow donkeys. An embarrassment to your fellow folks from a kerosene background.

Shut up when you write? Hell will freeze over. Ode-Oniro, you're doomed.  grin

Shebi you're trying to prove that you're s[i]tup[/i]id? I'll gladly help you in the process.

I don't like where this thread is heading. Ojo nbo l'oluwa wi. I'll catch you somewhere else. I'm watching you. lol.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 27, 2011
BABE!:

Of course. The f00l has nothing else to say. What if I didn't have my picture up? You'll be short of words ba? You don't have a picture of your f00lish self on your profile, and I'm killing you.  You're lame. Buy yourself a better life.

You're an embarrassment. An embarrassment to your fellow donkeys. An embarrassment to your fellow folks from a kerosene background.

Shut up when you write? Hell will freeze over. Ode-Oniro, you're doomed.  grin

Shebi you're trying to prove that you're s[i]tup[/i]id? I'll gladly help you in the process.

I don't like where this thread is heading. Ojo nbo l'oluwa wi. I'll catch you somewhere else. I'm watching you. lol.

Come mosquito don run yet, u need a plastic surgery, ur head need to be replaced, maybe with that of octopus that has no brain too, so when u type, we easily know that octopus have type.

Between without that ur caricature pics, i have many ways of hitting u hard grin
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Digriz(m): 7:24am On Dec 27, 2011
@babe i neva knw u are so ugly facialy and too young to be arguing issues wt bt d problem is that u never wnt to learn.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2011
Digriz:

@babe i neva knw u are so ugly facialy and too young to be arguing issues wt bt d problem is that u never wnt to learn.
Help me tellam grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 7:32am On Dec 27, 2011
Digriz:

Who's this MOFO again? Chei.

Of course I want to learn fam. I'm always ready to learn. I've learned that 100% of you Olodos quoting my first post on this gorgeous thread are high school dropouts that cannot differentiate "Can" from "Can't".  cheesy
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Digriz(m): 7:42am On Dec 27, 2011
BABE!:

Who's this MOFO again? Chei.

Of course I want to learn fam. I'm always ready to learn. I've learned that 100% of the Olodos quoting me on this gorgeous thread are high school dropouts that cannot differentiate "Can" from "Can't".  cheesy

go and change ur soaked menstrual pad first b4 i cn listen to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2face's Album “Away And Beyond” - Your Thoughts ? / Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. / Omawumi - Bottom Belle Ft. Flavour [official Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.