Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,713 members, 7,955,686 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's (17483 Views)

Classical Music Is Better Than Rap / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by mikeapollo: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2011
Nigeria music? I hope you are not referring to the current auto beats called Afro Hip-pop?

The current beats dominating Nigerian music are beats copied from the Ghanaian Hip-Life. Nigerian musicians started adopting the beat (which is a mixture of highlife and hip-pop) after collaborations between some Nigerian and Ghanaian musicians like Tony Tetuila/Tic Tac, VIP and Tuface etc as well as exposure to Ghanaian music on Channles like Music Africa which started in the early 2000s.

Nowadays, when u listen to songs from Nigerian artists like Duncan Mighty etc, you will see the influence of the Ghanaian Hip-Life style dominating the rythmn
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by GChux1: 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
Well, since I dig rap and rock, I go for American music while giving big ups to Muna, Eva, MI, Naeto C, Ice Prince, Skills and their likes. Terry G is the worst thing to happen to Nigerian music. Word!
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by emmajew(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2011
Nigerians are doin their best but how many of you ever saw American artistes mimicking Nigerian musicians? Do Americans try to copy Nigerian assent? Do they dance like us ? I know some Americans can play with a band and even play some instruments. How many Nigerian stars can make music without computer sound? And someone said Kanye West ran to Don Jazzy and D'Banj. Did K West come to Nigeria? I think our Nigerian singers know enough not to behave like the Eneke bird which challenged its personal god to a single combat after a heavy meal of akpu and Oha soup
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2011
amblors:

punishing myself? smh.
i trust you have jewellery aite? e get levelz,
they're of diff cost and diff ranges n quality
you don't wear clothes you go out with indoors, and they're normally not same quality, but you still have em right? all of em na cloth abi?
you have designer shoes, you still have your nigerian made slippers, all of em na footwear abi

same with my musical taste.
i didn't say i hate Nigerian music, i've continally reiterated that i love love it, currently bumping to Bosalin - SHINE.
they're times i want to listen to american music too.

i listen to all of em, no make them all mates.
In a class of 50, person dey wey dey always come first, second on the regular.
doesn't make 2nd wack, 2nd is of lesser quality than the 1st but its still good.

babe chill abeg.
I love 9ja music, i fit get n play naija song pass you sef,
i love american music n it doesnt change anything American music > Nigerian music #fact.
don't confuse that with you preference where this is true Nigerian music > American music.

Hm. I'm just wondering why you would prefer to listen to music with lesser quality, when the one with higher quality is right by the corner.

You're comparing clothes to Music? Hm. Interesting. This is music we're talking about here you know. Music is everywhere. You don't necessarily need money to get the music of your choice. grin

My point is if you had the opportunity to wear "designer" clothes all the time (indoors and outdoors), wouldn't you do it?

Same goes to Music, if you had the opportunity to listen to quality music (American) 24/7, wouldn't you do it?

Well, you do have the oppotunity, why are you still jamming to Nigerian songs 70% of the time? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by amblors(m): 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2011
i'm not gonna keep talking in a loop.
as you keep arguing in your own loop.
i rest my case.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BabaEleko(m): 5:14am On Dec 29, 2011
BABE!:

Hm. I'm just wondering why you would prefer to listen to music with lesser quality, when the one with higher quality is right by the corner.

You're comparing clothes to Music? Hm. Interesting. This is music we're talking about here you know. Music is everywhere. You don't necessarily need money to get the music of your choice. grin

My point is if you had the opportunity to wear "designer" clothes all the time (indoors and outdoors), wouldn't you do it?

Same goes to Music, if you had the opportunity to listen to quality music (American) 24/7, wouldn't you do it?

Well, you do have the oppotunity, why are you still jamming to Nigerian songs 70% of the time? cheesy

Simple analogy this girl no understand. @amblors. . . . U no see say d moment wey I don notice her level of understanding I don jejely leave her make she dey loop up and down. She just dey talk for talking sake.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 7:11am On Dec 29, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

Simple analogy this girl no understand. @amblors. . . . U no see say d moment wey I don notice her level of understanding I don jejely leave her make she dey loop up and down. She just dey talk for talking sake.

Will you shut the 4uck up?! What sensible point have you posted since the beginning of this thread? You couldn't even differentiate "can" from "can't". Dullard! Upon all the a$$-whooping I gave you, you still have the audacity to quote me.  You're an ****** for that! Non- sense!  angry

Amblors claims he's in love with Nigerian music. He listens to Nigerian songs 70% of the time. Whereas, he believes American music is by far better. Why isn't he listening to American music 70% of the time then? It's not asif American music is hard to find. Why does he prefer "shittiness" over "quality"? Why does he prefer "second class" to "first class"?

His stand doesn't make sense to me, and since he can't justify his points, the civilized thing to do is to 'free' him. And that, I have done.

So Mr. baba eleko, what the 4uck is your problem? Arrow!

Btw Amblors, if I may ask, why do you love Nigerian music? Last question.  grin 
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BabaEleko(m): 7:29am On Dec 29, 2011
***Walk in***Pull my pant down***Take a hot watery poo***Clean my yansh with paper***Hiss And walk out*** l
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by amblors(m): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2011
@baba_eleko, lol.
@babe whia did you get 70% from? you mentioned that in your last two posts to me, i don't know were you got that from.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by abolyem(m): 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2011
Nigeria music now is equally good as the americans. The only edge american have is just better gadget/equipment for production. Interm of lyrics and even rhyme i like nigeriA music even. saying naija music is all about women etc, american music too is same even there is worse.
So don't underrate naija talents. i am sure if some or our artises are in america having same access to everithing those guys there have, they will surpass them.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by experts: 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2011
naija music is better in my opinion
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by NEROSKY(m): 1:48am On Dec 30, 2011
In ur life don't even compare American music wiv dat of home made music,becuz is odious 2 hav compared such
do u what compare RICK ROSS wit D banj ?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 4:08am On Dec 30, 2011
amblors:

@babe whia did you get 70% from?

amblors:

I prefer to listen to Nigerian music genrally,

Is 55% better? 60%?
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BabaEleko(m): 4:51am On Dec 30, 2011
^^^^Go find job, if none go dey fetch water for basket.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 4:57am On Dec 30, 2011
^^ Shut up, will you?! Shameless Arrow!
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BabaEleko(m): 5:09am On Dec 30, 2011
^^^ Attention seekers. Kim Kardashian sister. *fart** fart** fart***
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by mikuz(m): 5:23am On Dec 30, 2011
^
will you stop that rubbish?
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BabaEleko(m): 5:25am On Dec 30, 2011
^^^ Who be this cow.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by montelik(m): 11:15am On Dec 30, 2011
G-Chux:

Well, since I dig rap and rock, I go for American music while giving big ups to Muna, Eva, MI, Naeto C, Ice Prince, Skills and their likes. Terry G is the worst thing to happen to Nigerian music. Word!

Terry G is d 9ja version of Lil' Jon.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by bilms(m): 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2011
you are right
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by MrGlobe(m): 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2011
So this day will finally come when some low-life music taste individuals will put american structured music in the same sentence with Nigerian gutter music. Smh. Why not be objective with your comparison and compare the best 'nigerian music' with the wackest 'american music' overhyping rubbish is a bitch. Worst post on this forum EVER
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 31, 2011
There is no difference between American music and Nigerian music. They're both mediocre at best with a few glimmers and shimmers of talent every once in a while. They've sold their souls to the music devil promising them $$$$$. If you no believe, then go ask Djinee lol.

mikeapollo said that Nigerian music dominating now are beats taken from Ghana, the American music now are sampled Europop and Eurodance beats that once dominated in the 1990s and early 2000s. The complaints that Nigerians have about the Nigerian industry are also voiced in the US. Monotonous beats with the blandest of lyrics. It's a bad time for music in my opinion.

This could be looked at in a "half-empty or half-full?" perspective. Half-empty for me. Nigerian music and American music are equally bad.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by MrGlobe(m): 7:49am On Jan 01, 2012
^ yeah, agree with you that american music is dropping in quality but it is stupid to compare it with Nigeria music. Folks who dont hear american accent and feel shortchanged are the ones hyping the noise called nigeria music that lacks value. The difference btw both worlds is that of heaven and earth. In a country where the best musicians sing songs like asampkokoto, akpako etc. Anybody that posted this doesnt even know what is american music in the first place
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 01, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^ yeah, agree with you that american music is dropping in quality but it is silly to compare it with Nigeria music. Folks who dont hear american accent and feel shortchanged are the ones hyping the noise called nigeria music that lacks value. The difference btw both worlds is that of heaven and earth. In a country where the best musicians sing songs like asampkokoto, akpako etc. Anybody that posted this doesnt even know what is american music in the first place

Best? Or Most popular? Lol. The most popular musicians in the US are singing about menage a trois, hardcore partying, hangovers, etc. A lot of the A-List musicians in both regions lack substance, especially in the lyrics department lol. May I add, there's nothing wrong with singing in pidgin, but I can only take so many "I dey feel you die" or "Your backa don make me kolo" songs lol.

Just like in Naija, you have to dig deep to find true talent for Yankee.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by MrGlobe(m): 8:42am On Jan 01, 2012
I dont have a problem with singing in pidgin. I only do when its meaningless like those two I mentioned. One thing with american music is they are expanding their scope to satisfy the taste of different fans across the globe. What you call commercialization. You cant take the talent away from them anyway which is what is missing in Nigeria music. Without beat, can you listen to a music from nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by slimberri: 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2012
Mr. Globe:

^ yeah, agree with you that american music is dropping in quality but it is silly to compare it with Nigeria music. Folks who dont hear american accent and feel shortchanged are the ones hyping the noise called nigeria music that lacks value. The difference btw both worlds is that of heaven and earth. In a country where the best musicians sing songs like asampkokoto, akpako etc. Anybody that posted this doesnt even know what is american music in the first place
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by BABE3: 3:37am On Jan 02, 2012
ogugua88:

Just like in Naija, you have to dig deep to find true talent for Yankee.

Nicely said Mrs. Nabania.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by Pi0neer: 9:53am On Jan 03, 2012
Not possible.
Nigeria's music isn't unique, and is not ear-pleasing outside Nigeria. The music is poorly produced, and I'm sure you hardly get many people outside Africa listening to it.

South African music is richer, and has more variety. We're just experiencing success in the hip hop genre, and the music is more or less a knock-off.
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by safarigirl(f): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
As far as American rock music goes ǡŋ₫ country, they beat the Nigerian music scene hands down. That much, I can admit.

Still, it boils down to preference rather than taste exactly
Re: Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's by bilms(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2012
that is your opinion..you may care to bring our the comparison

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mr P Ft Niniola – 'One More Night' (Video) / Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) / Nairaland Rapper, Limerick Just Got Signed To Olamide's YBNL Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.