Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

Should Nigeria Split ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Split ? (1588 Views)

‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / Nigerians, Do U Want Nigeria Split Into Two Halfs Or United?? / Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Nigeria Split ? by panafrican(m): 6:33am On Dec 28, 2011
angry
Radical muslims should be confined into a small  fenced independent  country somewhere in northern Nigeria  and live the way they want. This is the only viable solution to this madness.
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by Lasinoh: 8:30am On Dec 28, 2011
Radical muslims indeed!
Who have never seen a koran! cheesy
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by Oluchi007(f): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2011
Yes! Nigeria should split immediately. I don't see any other way out.
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by ak47mann(m): 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
Oluchi007:

cool cool
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by EzeUche(m): 8:29pm On Dec 28, 2011
Oluchi007:

ak47mann:

cool cool

cool cool cool
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by Ugwumba(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2011
Into what units? If you split in three, minorities will be cheated - in 6 regions, all the 'common' ethnic tribes will find that they are different, in 500 units, my family no go allow your own rule us.

So, such a complex nation must face its issues, not by splitting, but discussing issues and agreeing a governance model that is truly decentralized. Time for a Sovereign National Conference.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by Oluchi007(f): 12:45am On Dec 29, 2011
At the risk of sounding ridiculous, I think Nigeria worked better in the 'Things fall apart' type setting; where each clan had its own rules and regulations. We are too many and too different to be lumped together. E.g. if Nigeria was to split along the line of ethnicities, there would still be the problem of marginalisation.

While the Igbos, for instance, might speak one language, there are so many dialects & differences. So you will still have the Anambra man looking down on the Enugu man, and the Enugu man looking down on the Nsukka man. The list goes on and on.
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by manny4life(m): 1:48am On Dec 29, 2011
NO, I still believe we can salvage this GREAT nation called Nigeria; however, should all resolve be futile, the disintegration should be option of last resort and PEACEFULLY. I cannot overemphasize this enough. Our different ethnicity, and religion is united by a history we all share and remember, and a future we will face together. However, in the face of adversary, united we stand, divided we fall as a nation, for in these memories, ---- We live on!
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by panafrican(m): 2:31am On Dec 29, 2011
angry

The rest  of us are sick of these  twisted  radical muslims. What do they want ? everybody worshipping Allah and saying Allah akbar  day and night? dang ! 
The good news is now nigerian christians are ready  to get even  with these evil doers.
Remember how Saint Peter  reacted in the face of a roman soldier.
Enough is enough !
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by Tsiya(m): 2:52am On Dec 29, 2011
Oluchi007:

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, I think Nigeria worked better in the 'Things fall apart' type setting; where each clan had its own rules and regulations. We are too many and too different to be lumped together. E.g. if Nigeria was to split along the line of ethnicities, there would still be the problem of marginalisation.

While the Igbos, for instance, might speak one language, there are so many dialects & differences. So you will still have the Anambra man looking down on the Enugu man, and the Enugu man looking down on the Nsukka man. The list goes on and on.
Ugwumba:

Into what units? If you split in three, minorities will be cheated - in 6 regions, all the 'common' ethnic tribes will find that they are different, in 500 units, my family no go allow your own rule us.

So, such a complex nation must face its issues, not by splitting, but discussing issues and agreeing a governance model that is truly decentralized. Time for a Sovereign National Conference.

Splitting into 3 or more independent nations or federating units would be actually better for Nigeria and the black race. As a we now, we are a nation joined by forced history and artificial destiny. Separating into more independent nations would allow us to aspire to our individual potentials with our culture without continuing the colonial madness. We may as well, as new nations decide to discard English and use our own languages as sole means of communication just like all the tiny European countries.
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by EzeUche(m): 3:08am On Dec 29, 2011
Tsiya:

Splitting into 3 or more independent nations or federating units would be actually better for Nigeria and the black race. As a we now, we are a nation joined by forced history and artificial destiny. Separating into more independent nations would allow us to aspire to our individual potentials with our culture without continuing the colonial madness. We may as well, as new nations decide to discard English and use our own languages as sole means of communication just like all the tiny European countries.

That would be great for the Ndigbo.

It would help protect our language.
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by Ugwumba(m): 3:36am On Dec 29, 2011
EzeUche:

That would be great for the Ndigbo.

It would help protect our language.

EzeUche, must you reduce everything to this Ndigbo dialogue that always starts the quarrelling? Your much touted unity of the Ibo man is just wishful thinking. Just check what happens with civil servants of the 'brother' Ibo states and you will come to the same conclusion I arrived at long ago. There is more strength in diversity than there is in 'commonality'.
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by juman(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2011
Tsiya:

^^^^
Good
Re: Should Nigeria Split ? by OneNaira6: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2011
Oluchi007:

Oluchi but the things fall apart setting is not working when a mere Nigerian cannot live in another area of Nigeria apart from his hometown without fear of persecution from the indigenous of his new area. Tribalism still ranges all over Nigeria where one would hire someone from the same tribe rather than someone of  a different tribe whom might be better qualified. An Igbo man from Anambra might look down on another Igbo man from Enugu but the anambra man will still work with the Enugu man to achieve something of greater extent rather than trying to hold eachother other down or try to belittle eachother's achievement all because of hatred for eachother as we see in Nigeria today.  Nigeria would be better split, a more harmonized area with little discomfort is better than a completely discomfort area.  Overall the country is holding all its indigenous potential down,  I've said this before and i'll say it again imagine where Ogoni's would be today if not for Nigeria?  then imagine the bini's, the Nri's and Onitsha, the Aro's, etc.

(1) (Reply)

BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF / “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics / No Party Linked To The West Will Win Guber Election In The East - Okoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.