Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance (4683 Views)

Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria / Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants / Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by CyberG: 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2011
One thing you guys missed is his BODY language. For goodness sake, this is EXACTLY the kind of body language that leaders of countries most Nigerians are dying to get a visa to and escape from Nigeria have. In that short video, notice the following: serious facial expression, full eye contact, matching gestures and a fluent firm delivery! Unfortunately, most Nigerians cannot see a good candidate for national leadership even if he struck them on their heads.

I don't live in Lagos so this is not some partisan post as most people are quick to conclude. If this guy is as weak, useless and stupide like Jonadead and BH starts bombing Lagos, I am sure no one will remember the toll gate issue or increase in school fees.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2011
Bombing Lagos is too easy. there is absolutely zero security. especially in crowded areas with potentially huge Boko victims.

All Boko-Haram need to do is board a danfo with their deadly load in a basket disguised as anything really and go to any of these locations

1: Maryland Rounabout
2: Tinubu Square (CBN is just round the corner)
3: Race-Course
4: Sangrouse Market
5: Orile/Iganmu Bustop
6: Kilo/Aguda Bustop

You can take your pick. it is funny that there is less security in areas with huge human traffic what you see are Policemen extorting money from Bus-drivers and Okada riders.

Wither the Solution - Please (Be Vigilant - with Eye or Mouth) I see BRF-reinforced poof-poof Police on Power-bikes
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by kettykin: 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
BH is operating not because of Lack of Vigilance , but the security system seems to have been compromised
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by dayokanu(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2011
CyberG:

One thing you guys missed is his BODY language. For goodness sake, this is EXACTLY the kind of body language that leaders of countries most Nigerians are dying to get a visa to and escape from Nigeria have. In that short video, notice the following: serious facial expression, full eye contact, matching gestures and a fluent firm delivery! Unfortunately, most Nigerians cannot see a good candidate for national leadership even if he struck them on their heads.

I don't live in Lagos so this is not some partisan post as most people are quick to conclude. If this guy is as weak, useless and stupide like Jonadead and BH starts bombing Lagos, I am sure no one will remember the toll gate issue or increase in school fees.

Compare it to this

Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by stillme(m): 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2011
We all have work to do. Watch and pray.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Reference(m): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Oh Mr. Eko. everyman is vigilant - unless you have been oblivious to wanton crimes in Lagos State. obviously you pick what you want to bash to discount everything else. but who else is surprised by this  lipsrsealed Be Vigilant,  okay   So what is the State's responsibility and how are they fairing thus far. You are spending money on Security for your tax-paying citizens but you cannot measure the impact nor show anything in terms of performance. Wait -  let me guess what comes next? "What has PDP done abi?"  grin  grin  grin

Well I think security and law enforcement matters involve everyone be it terrorism, drug traffiking, armed robbery or financial crimes. We the people just have to appreciate the situation and meet government half way. For example the situation in Pakistan is clear. Both government and the people tolerate Al-Khaida. Nothing America can do about it. Intel there is nigh impossible. Americans are in love with their dope. Billions have gone to the Colombian government, production, export and consumption are higher than ever. We in Nigeria celebrate unfounded wealth, incentives for financial crimes from robbery to stealing. Buhari and Idiagbon launched the WAI in 1983 and he was kicked out a few months later, journalists rejoicing. The society largely gets what it tolerates despite government in most cases unless you have a totalitarian society like North Korea whereby a Boko Haram will be crushed without compromise. Try that here and even law enforcement will be split along religious lines.

What Fashola is saying in a nutshell is, look at what is happening in the and make a deliberate choice not to have the same happen here by being my police in your communities, on the streets because I don't absolutely have control over the security apparatus of government so I need good intel and time to act on it. The people then decide if their own security is worth the effort and discomfort of added vigilance and cooperation with the state.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Reference. Thanks for clearing things up d way you just did.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by member479760: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2011
Fashola forget to add use your camera phone to take picture or shout OLE, OLE, OLE necklace them with tire and burn them as per Lagos style.

I hope GEJ and BEAF listened to better address from Fashola, the method Fashola is asking people for same method they are using in the develop countries. we all have to contribute and help the security agent to do their job, they can't fight BH alone.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Akiika: 5:01am On Dec 30, 2011
May Allah grant us more of Fashola and less Retardeen in Nigeria , Amin. It's called proactivity. I still don't understand why state of emergency hasn't been called in those states, some PDP loyalty igbemaalu.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 30, 2011
My fear is if BH decides to bomb somewhere in Lagos, a good target for them will be Third mainland bridge, that will just have maximum damage. Anyways, one has to think of the worst case scenario now since they so brazenly bombed churches on Christmas day.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by olajide8(m): 9:35am On Dec 30, 2011
Reference:

Well I think security and law enforcement matters involve everyone be it terrorism, drug traffiking, armed robbery or financial crimes. We the people just have to appreciate the situation and meet government half way. For example the situation in Pakistan is clear. Both government and the people tolerate Al-Khaida. Nothing America can do about it. Intel there is nigh impossible. Americans are in love with their drugs. Billions have gone to the Colombian government, production, export and consumption are higher than ever. We in Nigeria celebrate unfounded wealth, incentives for financial crimes from robbery to stealing. Buhari and Idiagbon launched the WAI in 1983 and he was kicked out a few months later, journalists rejoicing. The society largely gets what it tolerates despite government in most cases unless you have a totalitarian society like North Korea whereby a Boko Haram will be crushed without compromise. Try that here and even law enforcement will be split along religious lines.

What Fashola is saying in a nutshell is, look at what is happening in the and make a deliberate choice not to have the same happen here by being my police in your communities, on the streets because I don't absolutely have control over the security apparatus of government so I need good intel and time to act on it. The people then decide if their own security is worth the effort and discomfort of added vigilance and cooperation with the state.
GBAM, I love this submission
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by seunlayi(m): 11:30am On Dec 30, 2011
That means "GOD FOR EVERYBODY, EVERYBODY FOR HIMSELF"

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Mynd44: 2:32am On Dec 31, 2011
good talk
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by tashan: 8:58am On Dec 31, 2011
@Eko ile, pls be objective and look at the big picture.
The world is bigger than your local ACN politics.
@lager is simply asking questions that any nominally and unbiased person will ask.
Encouraging us to be vigilant is not enough, we would like him to reel out a few things put in plcae to checkmate terrorism even before it arrives in Lagos.

All these blind sided followers sef mtcheew
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by phantom(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2011
Some of the posts up there are just funny and down right mischievous, what is wrong in a leader advising his people to be vigilant? You think security lies only in the hands of our government? Dont we have a part to play?in the UK,your neighbours will call the cops on you once they see you acting funny.security is a collective responsibility.good one fashola.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by EkoIle1: 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2011
tashan:

@Eko ile, pls be objective and look at the big picture.
The world is bigger than your local ACN politics.
@lager is simply asking questions that any nominally and unbiased person will ask.
Encouraging us to be vigilant is not enough, we would like him to reel out a few things put in plcae to checkmate terrorism even before it arrives in Lagos.

All these blind sided followers sef  mtcheew

Trust me, it's really tiring trying to educate you people about your basic civic responsibilities. Nigeria sure did a terrible job educating and enlightening many of you and the gross display of shallowness, backwardness, shortsightedness and naivety many of you display on in NL is not only very disheartening, it paints a very bleak future for Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by ocheejemb: 10:50pm On Dec 31, 2011
I hope and pray we elect a man like Tunde Fashola in 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Updates Of Cross River Guber Election / Let's Appriase The Performance Of Rochas Okorocha / Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.