Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

God Made Him Gay? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Made Him Gay? (11956 Views)

Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? / God Made Technologies......... And Not Scientist / On Wiegraf's Signature : If God made humans from mud then why is mud still here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: God Made Him Gay? by KAG: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2007
Orikinla:

Being gay is by choice.
Because, I have been close to gays to the extent of even getting paid thousands to show my privates to them when they showed me their own. They found me quite attractive and begged for relationship. But I refused. And they confessed that they knew that homosexuality was evil and both morally and naturally wrong.

If I wanted to be gay, I would have been gay since age 11.

I met a young student from the University of Benin online who wanted to be gay, because she thought she looked more like a man even though she had perky boobs and round buttocks. So, I travelled to her campus and took her away from the negative crowd. I took her to our popular Nollywood Guest House in Surulere, Lagos, in 2005. And I spent three nights with her to convince her that she was not born lesbian and she could be loved by a man and she would be a great wife and mother.

I can convert any gay.
It is all in your mind.

God did not create anyone to be gay.

The Western Society and Churches have been preaching their own erroneous and ambiguous theology that you can be gay and be cool.
No.
No one can be gay and be cool.

Anyone who is gay is sick and needs a good and upright shrink and rehab.

All gays need therapy and rehabilitation.
This is the TRUTH.

I will not argue over my conclusion.

Ha ha ha! This post delivers in delusion, hubris, idiocy, and ignorance. Good on yer, mate.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by macalurs(m): 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2007
Orikinla:

Being gay is by choice.
Apart from your funny bible, can you produce any proof of choice without ones environment and genetics?

Because, I have been close to gays to the extent of even getting paid thousands to show my privates to them when they showed me their own. They found me quite attractive and begged for relationship. But I refused. And they confessed that they knew that homosexuality was evil and both morally and naturally wrong.

Don't take it a step further, you're bordering on absurdity. Haven't you seen straight guys that could pay thousands to see anothers "privates"? It's not close to being proof that homosexuality is by choice.

If I wanted to be gay, I would have been gay since age 11.
Not if you wanted. No one just "wants" anything. There was no reason for you to turn homosexual. We all act according to necessity, even though we think we're free agents.

I met a young student from the University of Benin online who wanted to be gay, because she thought she looked more like a man even though she had perky boobs and round buttocks. So, I travelled to her campus and took her away from the negative crowd. I took her to our popular Nollywood Guest House in Surulere, Lagos, in 2005. And I spent three nights with her to convince her that she was not born lesbian and she could be loved by a man and she would be a great wife and mother.

Your story is quite one sided. Did she tell you anything about her past? you're hilarious y'know that right?

I can convert any gay.
you hit it! It's quite absurd now.

God did not create anyone to be gay.

God did not create anyone.

The Western Society and Churches have been preaching their own erroneous and ambiguous theology that you can be gay and be cool.
western society? You watch too much hollywood.

No.
I'm serious

No one can be gay and be cool.
define cool

Anyone who is gay is sick and needs a good and upright shrink and rehab.

same for celebates and virgins.

This is the TRUTH.
Define truth.

I will not argue over my conclusion.
please don't. My stomach is turning.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by martin007(m): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2007
I cant help but laugh, i would just say something here, with due respect to all those "Claiming" to be Gay, there reason is that they grew up with the emotional feeling inclined to other males or so, its funny cos, does it mean just like children while we were young, most of us did steal, either meat or money from our parents, if we were caught, there were severe punishment for it and somehow somehow God helped us to stop that habit. So does it now mean that if we had grown up with such habits and turn into Armed Robbers, that would have been what God wanted us to be?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by macalurs(m): 3:52am On Oct 01, 2007
martin007:

I can't help but laugh, i would just say something here, with due respect to all those "Claiming" to be Gay, there reason is that they grew up with the emotional feeling inclined to other males or so, its funny because, does it mean just like children while we were young, most of us did steal, either meat or money from our parents, if we were caught, there were severe punishment for it and somehow somehow God helped us to stop that habit. So does it now mean that if we had grown up with such habits and turn into Armed Robbers, that would have been what God wanted us to be?

If God can stop it, and he doesn't, yes. maybe it isn't wrong, though selectively repulsive. b tw i ain't gay.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by martin007(m): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2007
macalurs:

If God can stop it, and he doesn't, yes. maybe it isn't wrong, though selectively repulsive. b tw i ain't gay.

Well, you see if God cant stop it, it does not really mean it aint wrong, cos God Operates under certain conditions, there is what we all know as the "Will" of God for man, that is for man to be saved, to do the right things, but there is also the "permissive Will" of God, its like doing what he does not want you to do and knowing that its wrong, you still go ahead and do it. God is not a man, because he allows so much evil does not mean he aint a Good God.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by macalurs(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2007
martin007:

Well, you see if God can't stop it, it does not really mean it aint wrong, because God Operates under certain conditions,

Why exactly would he allow evil in the first place-- trace back to "eden". All-Knowingly placed, a tree of 'knowledge of good and evil' so to speak, in the middle of the garden-- seems quite sadistic to me, if he's really "all-knowing". Now if you say he's not, aah that makes so much sense.

there is what we all know as the "Will" of God for man, that is for man to be saved, to do the right things, but there is also the "permissive Will" of God, its like doing what he does not want you to do and knowing that its wrong, you still go ahead and do it. God is not a man, because he allows so much evil does not mean he aint a Good God.

I see people's attempts to rationalize for their Gods mistake. No force compelled God to create anything, not even man in the first place. He was not under some kind of oath to create a tree of evil. There was no reason for him to create men, very stupid, and obviously disobedient creatures. If your God knew the end from the beginning, he would invest his seven days on something else. There is no reason to create humans and allegedly "give them will to choose" if those humans can't and don't choose whether to be created or not in the first place. It's a pseudo-choice in its most illusive, when creatures are created into a pre-determined environment, with a pre-determined set of genes with a limited set of variable choices to "choose" from. The bible makes it simple-- some people were created for heaven, some others for hell. There is no God's will for anyone. If you'r lucky your preceeding generation will be christian, if your not, your dad is an Imam and your elder brother is Osama. There is no free-will anywhere.

As for your tale of "permissive will" and "presumptuous" will and what not, it's just a bunch of words created by some smart men in attempts to rationalize for Gods mistakes, you and I. . . which pushes me to believe the bible is fable.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Greenraimu(m): 1:07am On Oct 13, 2007
HOMOSEXUALITY (ENGAGING IN SODOMY AND LESBIANISM)

[b][b]Nowadays homosexuality seems to be everywhere. It seems almost fashionable to be homosexual or at least bisexual. If you say anything is wrong with homosexual behavior, people will label you homophobic or say that you are judgmental. There are so-called gay pride parades, gay pride rainbow stickers and license plate frames, TV shows with homosexual characters. The world has even come up with some wonderful sounding terms for the people who participate in this activity. "Alternate lifestyle," "Life partners." Yes, the world will tell you that homosexuality is totally normal and something to be proud of.

But God's Word tells us something totally different about homosexual behavior. And no matter what the world says about homosexuality or how "open minded" people of this earth become, God has not changed in how He feels about men lying with men, and women lying with women. So if you have traded in God's standards of living and begun to believe what this world tells you, look out!

And by writing this paper, I do not mean to single out or condemn homosexuals just because of their lifestyle. All of God's laws that have been broken, whatever the sin, be it the sin of lust or the sin of lying, will be judged and answered for when a person faces God on Judgment Day. I do not believe that I am more righteous just because my sins might be different.[ cool cool shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yes, homosexuality is a sin. Leviticus 18:22 reads, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." That is stated as plainly and clearly as you can get. The Bible commands us that we are not to have intercourse with people of our same sex. It is not only a sexual sin, but it is an abomination (something that is impure and illicit in God's eyes).

The verse does not say that homosexuality is okay if you are in a loving, committed relationship. It states that you shall not do it, period! We find a similar verse in Leviticus 20:13. It reads, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

The earliest account of homosexuals can be found in the book of Genesis, Chapter 19. The place was the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah. Similar to our time today, Sodom and Gomorrah were places where all kinds of sexual habits were practiced. The people of that place had turned their backs on God's laws and did whatever their wicked minds told them to do. God eventually destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for their wicked ways.

God's Word says that God created you and that homosexuality is wrong. God would not have created you as a homosexual and then called homosexuality an abomination. So who are you going to obey? "We ought to obey God rather than men" (Acts 5:29).

And for those people out there who try to say, "Well, some people are born with male and female body parts" (hermaphrodites), to that I say you cannot use that as justification for you to engage in homosexual activities. Some people were also born as Siamese twins. If a Siamese twin gets married and has sexual relations, the act would have to involve three people being present, both twins and the spouse, but does that mean that God gives His approval to group sex? Of course not! God is going to judge each of us according to who we are, not according to how He created someone else.

Some people will say, "But I was born this way. Since I was a child I was attracted to members of the same sex." To that I will say no, you were born a sinner and that at a young age your sin started to manifest itself. When I was perhaps six, I can distinctly remember going to a store and stealing from the store. I shoplifted for many years after that as well. Does that mean that I was genetically just a born thief or that my behavior should be accepted because I had had those feelings since my childhood? Of course not. Stealing was a sin I committed. It was not who I was.

And even if so-called experts try to tell you that there is some kind of "homosexual gene," remember that these are sinful men telling you sinful tales. Be careful when you start to listen to and believe the men of this world instead of believing what God's Word tells you. This world will tell you that murdering babies is okay. It even gives the act a pleasant term, "pro choice." This world will tell you that alcoholism and drug abuse is okay and that you just "have a disease." This world will even tell you that there is no God and that you came from a monkey. The Bible warns us of such people. Isaiah 5:20 reads "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!"

CAN SOMEONE PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALITY AND STILL LOVE CHRIST?

Jesus said in John 14:15, 23-24, "If ye love me, keep my commandments. If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings."

So I would say that if you truly love Christ, you would want to do what pleases him. And as we have already read, homosexuality does not please the Lord.

And 1 John 2:4 reads, "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." And 1 John 1:5-6 reads, "God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth."

Christ said that you are either for Him or against Him. You cannot pick and choose the parts of the Bible that you like and then ignore the parts that don't fit your lifestyle. God will give you the strength that you need to overcome your homosexual desires, but you have to love the Lord enough to turn from that sin. You cannot have it both ways. "If we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries" (Hebrews 10:26-27). You have read the truth. Are you going to continue wilfully sinning?
[size=8pt][/size][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Re: God Made Him Gay? by Greenraimu(m): 1:57am On Oct 13, 2007
spikedcylinder:

yea yea yea tongue
Greenraimu:

HOMOSEXUALITY (ENGAGING IN SODOMY AND LESBIANISM)

[b][b]Nowadays homosexuality seems to be everywhere. It seems almost fashionable to be homosexual or at least bisexual. If you say anything is wrong with homosexual behavior, people will label you homophobic or say that you are judgmental. There are so-called gay pride parades, gay pride rainbow stickers and license plate frames, TV shows with homosexual characters. The world has even come up with some wonderful sounding terms for the people who participate in this activity. "Alternate lifestyle," "Life partners." Yes, the world will tell you that homosexuality is totally normal and something to be proud of.

But God's Word tells us something totally different about homosexual behavior. And no matter what the world says about homosexuality or how "open minded" people of this earth become, God has not changed in how He feels about men lying with men, and women lying with women. So if you have traded in God's standards of living and begun to believe what this world tells you, look out!

And by writing this paper, I do not mean to single out or condemn homosexuals just because of their lifestyle. All of God's laws that have been broken, whatever the sin, be it the sin of lust or the sin of lying, will be judged and answered for when a person faces God on Judgment Day. I do not believe that I am more righteous just because my sins might be different.[ cool cool shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yes, homosexuality is a sin. Leviticus 18:22 reads, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." That is stated as plainly and clearly as you can get. The Bible commands us that we are not to have intercourse with people of our same sex. It is not only a sexual sin, but it is an abomination (something that is impure and illicit in God's eyes).

The verse does not say that homosexuality is okay if you are in a loving, committed relationship. It states that you shall not do it, period! We find a similar verse in Leviticus 20:13. It reads, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

The earliest account of homosexuals can be found in the book of Genesis, Chapter 19. The place was the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah. Similar to our time today, Sodom and Gomorrah were places where all kinds of sexual habits were practiced. The people of that place had turned their backs on God's laws and did whatever their wicked minds told them to do. God eventually destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for their wicked ways.

God's Word says that God created you and that homosexuality is wrong. God would not have created you as a homosexual and then called homosexuality an abomination. So who are you going to obey? "We ought to obey God rather than men" (Acts 5:29).

And for those people out there who try to say, "Well, some people are born with male and female body parts" (hermaphrodites), to that I say you cannot use that as justification for you to engage in homosexual activities. Some people were also born as Siamese twins. If a Siamese twin gets married and has sexual relations, the act would have to involve three people being present, both twins and the spouse, but does that mean that God gives His approval to group sex? Of course not! God is going to judge each of us according to who we are, not according to how He created someone else.

Some people will say, "But I was born this way. Since I was a child I was attracted to members of the same sex." To that I will say no, you were born a sinner and that at a young age your sin started to manifest itself. When I was perhaps six, I can distinctly remember going to a store and stealing from the store. I shoplifted for many years after that as well. Does that mean that I was genetically just a born thief or that my behavior should be accepted because I had had those feelings since my childhood? Of course not. Stealing was a sin I committed. It was not who I was.

And even if so-called experts try to tell you that there is some kind of "homosexual gene," remember that these are sinful men telling you sinful tales. Be careful when you start to listen to and believe the men of this world instead of believing what God's Word tells you. This world will tell you that murdering babies is okay. It even gives the act a pleasant term, "pro choice." This world will tell you that alcoholism and drug abuse is okay and that you just "have a disease." This world will even tell you that there is no God and that you came from a monkey. The Bible warns us of such people. Isaiah 5:20 reads "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!"

CAN SOMEONE PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALITY AND STILL LOVE CHRIST?

Jesus said in John 14:15, 23-24, "If ye love me, keep my commandments. If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings."

So I would say that if you truly love Christ, you would want to do what pleases him. And as we have already read, homosexuality does not please the Lord.

And 1 John 2:4 reads, "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." And 1 John 1:5-6 reads, "God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth."

Christ said that you are either for Him or against Him. You cannot pick and choose the parts of the Bible that you like and then ignore the parts that don't fit your lifestyle. God will give you the strength that you need to overcome your homosexual desires, but you have to love the Lord enough to turn from that sin. You cannot have it both ways. "If we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries" (Hebrews 10:26-27). You have read the truth. Are you going to continue wilfully sinning?
[size=8pt][/size][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Re: God Made Him Gay? by eezzy(f): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2007
The bible says in Genesis 4:6-7 (paraphrased) that "God told Cain, why is your face sad
if you do well will you not be accepted and if you do not well, sin stands at the door and
its desire is for you, but you must overcome it."

What this is saying to us all is that any unethical behaviour that overcomes us is purely by choice not by birth.
If you are given to too much alcohol, that is by choice, if you are given to prostitution, you are ashawo by
choiceooo, similarly if you are gay, you are gay by CHOICE.

At early ages, all of us are given to admiring people of the same sex, but we overcome that and move on
its part of growing up.  God who rejected homsexualism cannot create you a homosexual - that is out. it can not be.

In anycase, homosexualism sounds not too bad an evil until the person professing it is your son/daughter/brother.

So the likes of macalurs can rant all they want, the truth remains exactly that, truth whether one believes it or not
it cannot be changed.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Millena(m): 2:37am On Dec 25, 2007
Leviticus 18: 22 Do not practise homosexuality; it is a detastable sin.
Leviticus 18: 30 So be careful to obey my laws, and do not practise any of these detestable activities. Do not defile yourselves by doing any of them, for I, the Lord, am your God.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by focused(m): 7:01am On Dec 25, 2007
@Post :

God never made anyone Gay.

Since the disobedience of Adam and Eve, sin came into the world and all sorts of things came along as well.

God created the marriage institution for companionship and procreation, hence God created a man and a woman.

In the western world in particular, this issue of homosexuality is so common, that the only excuse they have to say, is they are created that way. They are not created that way at all, all these is the work of the devil, to destroy the human race.

Homosexuality could come into a person life through :

Possession by demonic spirit

Ponography

Evil friends

Going to wrong places

Satanic experimentation

Spirit wife or Spirit husband - They attract the wrong choice of partner to someone and make one get tired of the opposite sex

Getting into a wrong relationship

Dog spirit

May God continue to help us and save our world from the aggressiveness of satan and his demons (Amen)
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Kobojunkie: 7:01am On Dec 25, 2007
No Matter what your view of Homosexuality, when it comes to the Bible, it is clear that in the Hebrew and even the Greek, that homosexuality, which was practised openly in the greek and then roman world, back then, was listed as abomination, so  to the person saying that the Bible does not list the practise as sin, that is incorrect.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Kobojunkie: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2007
eezzy:

The bible says in Genesis 4:6-7 (paraphrased) that "God told Cain, why is your face sad
if you do well will you not be accepted and if you do not well, sin stands at the door and
its desire is for you, but you must overcome it."

What this is saying to us all is that any unethical behaviour that overcomes us is purely by choice not by birth.
If you are given to too much alcohol, that is by choice, if you are given to prostitution, you are ashawo by
choiceooo, similarly if you are gay, you are gay by CHOICE.

At early ages, all of us are given to admiring people of the same sex, but we overcome that and move on
its part of growing up. God who rejected homsexualism cannot create you a homosexual - that is out. it can not be.

In anycase, homosexualism sounds not too bad an evil until the person professing it is your son/daughter/brother.

So the likes of macalurs can rant all they want, the truth remains exactly that, truth whether one believes it or not
it cannot be changed.

LMAO!!!! I noticed that too, grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin People are "open Minded" as long as the person who is gay is not a close member of their family or just a friend, but as soon as a sister/brother or parent professes to be gay, BOOM!!!! The whole changes. I have seen this happen over and over and I can not help but laugh each time too. The same persons who claim others are being close minded on the issue become worse themselves when they are affected. LMAO!!!
Re: God Made Him Gay? by janami(f): 7:32am On Dec 25, 2007
if gays love Him, they will follow His commandments. And obviously being gay is against God's commandment. Becoming gay is all abt the mindset. What u let ur mind think about, u act on
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2007
The latest stories these days is "I've known since I was a child." Well I think I should start sleeping with animals e.g dogs because when I was a child I loved my dog. There's nothing wrong with it after all God made me a lover dogs. We should also start fighting for the rights of people that love to sleep with children. They just can't help it, they love to sleep with children, it is what they are attracted to?
Some people try to use the world is changing phenomenon to illustrate the issue of homosexuality whereas it has existed long long ago.

In conclusion; as a christain you have to adhere to way of living. If you can't handle it, get out. Stop using God's name to deceive yourself.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Damsel001: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2008
The rate at which the world is going bonkers, outrageous. Its like trying to reconstruct nature. If you dont believe me, imagine two male dogs mating or two hens flirting!

Totally Absurd.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Bosegirl: 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2008
Hello, can some one tell me the meaning of gay? cos this will be the first time i will heard about this case. But as for me i would have add my own comment assuming i know any thing about it.

N.B. Can male or female became Gay? Please i need ur attention.

i will be very grateful, if i can get quick answer.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 18, 2008
Claiming that God made somebody gay is a dangerous path to follow.

It would imply that RAPISTS, PEDOPHILES (and other sexual deviants) were made so by God and should not be prosecuted or held accountable for their actions!!!!

We should all find out what Jesus meant when he said:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, every one who commits sin is a slave to sin." (John 8:34)
Re: God Made Him Gay? by ricadelide(m): 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2008
@Bosegirl,
Bosegirl:

Hello, can some one tell me the meaning of gay? because this will be the first time i will heard about this case. But as for me i would have add my own comment assuming i know any thing about it.

N.B. Can male or female became Gay? Please i need your attention.

Lol smiley . . . you sound very urgent about it. Don't be bothered, if it doesn't already apply to you, it's nothing to worry about.
"Gay" used to mean "happy" or "bright" now it refers to people (males and/or females) who are attracted to members of the same sex.
Likewise "queer" used to mean "strange" or "unusual". Now it also means gay.

I wonder what "jolly" would mean tomorrow undecided

Cheers smiley
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 19, 2008
@ poster, thats not what the bibl says, God made the woman to be a companion of the man.recall what happened to the gays and lesbians in the bibl.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by KAG: 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

LMAO!!!! I noticed that too, grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin People are "open Minded" as long as the person who is gay is not a close member of their family or just a friend, but as soon as a sister/brother or parent professes to be gay, BOOM!!!! The whole changes. I have seen this happen over and over and I can not help but laugh each time too. The same persons who claim others are being close minded on the issue become worse themselves when they are affected. LMAO!!!

That's an interesting anecdote, because I've seen the opposite of what you claim. That is, extremely homophobic people becoming really tolerant and accepting when somebody they know and love comes out of the closet. Incidentally, I've never heard of a previously tolerant person becoming homophobic when they learn that someone close to them is gay, but that's just me.

imhotep:

Claiming that God made somebody gay is a dangerous path to follow.

Not really.

It would imply that RAPISTS, PEDOPHILES (and other sexual deviants) were made so by God and should not be prosecuted or held accountable for their actions!!!!

Don't be effing silly! It implies no such thing! Your argument is so pathetically wrong on so many levels, it's difficult to know where to start.

First, rape and pedophilia are not natural basal orientations: homosexuality, like heterosexuality, is. That is to say, the rapist or pedophile is either attracted to the same sex as himself or herself, to the opposite sex, or both.

Second, rape and pedophilia involve taking advantage of other people. Rape is basically overpowering another person and having sex with them without consent, while pedophilia is having sex with a child that's deemed ttoo young to be able to consent. Homosexuality is like neither of those.

Finally, homosexuality isn't a sexual deviation.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, every one who commits sin is a slave to sin." (John 8:34)

Should we? I don't se how that quote makes sense in light of the thread.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by baby4u2(f): 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2008
rapist, pedophiles, gay, lesbians, other sexual deviants all fall under abnormal human characteristics. therefore in nigeria we might say demonic possession.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by KAG: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2008
Bosegirl:

Hello, can some one tell me the meaning of gay? because this will be the first time i will heard about this case. But as for me i would have add my own comment assuming i know any thing about it.

N.B. Can male or female became Gay? Please i need your attention.

Gay is now a generally used term for homosexuals. It's mostly used to refer to male homosexuals, but occasionally female homosexuals may also be called gay. Female homosexuals are more prevalently called lesbians, though.

Homosexuals are people that are attracted to members of their gender. That is, males that are attracted to males and females that are attracted to females. Bisexuals are those that are attracted to both the members of their gender, and members of the opposite gender.

There is still a heated debate on the topic of whether people become gay or are genetically programmed to be gay.

olrotimi:

@ poster, thats not what the bibl says, God made the woman to be a companion of the man.recall what happened to the gays and lesbians in the bibl.

What did happen to the gays and lesbians in the Bible?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by KAG: 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2008
baby4u2:

rapist, pedophiles, gay, lesbians, other sexual deviants all fall under abnormal human characteristics. therefore in nigeria we might say demonic possession.

That's absurd. Then again, it is Nigeria, so whatdoya expect? I have six fingers, that's an abnormal human characteristic: OMG, I are teh demon possesses!!111!
Re: God Made Him Gay? by baby4u2(f): 1:42am On Jan 22, 2008
yes KAG and having elephantiases is thesame as being a rapist, and having six fingers is thesame as being gay. shekena.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by KAG: 3:23am On Jan 22, 2008
baby4u2:

yes KAG and having elephantiases is thesame as being a rapist, and having six fingers is thesame as being gay. shekena.

I'm glad you grasped some aspect of how inane what you said was.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by baby4u2(f): 3:55am On Jan 22, 2008
KAG abeg no bi only u sabi. they are different i dont need to be explaining things to mature people like u.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by KAG: 4:07am On Jan 22, 2008
baby4u2:

KAG abeg no bi only u sabi. they are different i don't need to be explaining things to mature people like u.

Then hopefully you're just as mature and I don't need to explain why homosexuality, rape and pedophilia are different things entirely.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2008

The problem with gay people is that they have allowed a bad habit to take control of a better part of themselves. Because habits are hard to break, they now cook up scientific, humanitarian and modernist arguments to justify their enslavement. They have indeed become slaves to the sin of lust + homosexuality.

Sex is geared towards procreation and the union of spouses (man + woman).

Those who separate the procreative and unitive aspects of sex ALWAYS end up enslaved to one pervesion or the other: pedophilia, homosexuality, rape, pornography, etc etc.

Finding ways to justify homosexuality is like burying your head in the sand, hoping that no one can see you.

May God deliver us from this corruption!!
Re: God Made Him Gay? by pastormi(m): 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2008
Hello Friends,
I want you to know that we live in the End-Time.Many shall be lovers of pleasure than lovers of God.They will want to do things that pleases their own pleasure.
God never created anybody Gay.We are all lead astrail,when we follow our own selfish interest and evil desires.The principal devise of the Devil these days in Lust.
2 peter1:4 says, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
So l strongly believe that the Gay guy just was miss-lead to believe that he was how God made him. He believed the report of the Devil.lf you dont know who you are people will call you different things and names.
Finally, he needs to have his mind renewed via the word of God. He is living in the world that does not exist so he thinks that he is Gay.There is nothing Bad in you liking male things but you must be careful not to allow the deceit of these world to fill your life.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Aleksys: 6:59pm On Jan 22, 2008
Homosexuality and paedolphilia is perversion. Perversion is immorality. Immorality is sin. Sin is death. Death of the spirit before the eventual death of the physical body. There is nothing that defiles the spirit like lust. Ubriddled sexual appetite which is even unbecoming when it is directed towards a person of the same sex. What the homosexual is saying is that God has made a mistake creating him a man or her a woman. All of us are led away by our desire, and the desire on becoming mature will give birth to sin and sin to death. Those who have hear let them hear what the spirit is saying to the congregation.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by sunnykiss(m): 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2008
;Dna lie, he made him self gay, ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Why Did God Want A Son ? / Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? / GRACE TRANSCENDS FORGIVENESS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.