Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

God Made Him Gay? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Made Him Gay? (11944 Views)

Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? / God Made Technologies......... And Not Scientist / On Wiegraf's Signature : If God made humans from mud then why is mud still here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: God Made Him Gay? by lioness(f): 11:21am On Mar 16, 2006
Gezz men! are u hard of understanding.

My opinion, God made us all but God didnt make people to be gay.
In other words, God made a woman to be a woman not a man
And God made a man to be a man and not a woman.

Spikecylinder are you gay?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by choiceA: 11:38am On Mar 16, 2006
chinani:

@ choice.A
If the "young man in question" was referring to a Christian God or another God, what does it matter?
How does this change your opinion?

He is welcome to refer to another 'God'; but for someone to push the idea that it has to be the Christian God is to give a bad name to the Christian faith. The point is this: anybody could claim to be anything and blame it on 'God' - the Christian God. Something is wrong somewhere when someone asserts that his being gay is the handiwork of God whereas the Christian God sees the act as abominable and unseemly. These are two opposite strains of thought. If someone else came up to say he believed the Christian God made him a rapist, a drunkard, effeminate or a thief, should we just go with the flow and nod approvingly? Oh, by the way, drunks and thieves are as much 'human' as the gay.

Speaking as a Christian, God created everyone in love - but He certainly didn't create anyone as a gay in as much as He didn't create anyone a drunk or a thief. If speaking out against the misconception that the Bible sanctions what it does not, and some people feel that is like judging them, too bad. I can't be a mute when the Bible shows me the very opposite of what they claim. There are a million and ten other excuses for whatever badge they wear, but to blame homosexuality on the Christian God (whereas the Bible says the opposite) calls for comments to refute the misconception.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by simmy(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2006
You can be gay if you want to be gay, its alrite!, Just dont claim God made you that way.He didnt.
@lioness
i think spikey is mad at u bc u compared gays to a serialkiller. As long as a gay person has sex with another consenting gay person then no harm is done, but in the case of a serialkiller ther's obviously a crime involved. Ther's no crime in being gay, it's just a stinking, disgusting,revoltingly derpaved and unbelievably horrible habit and thts alright. you can b gay as long as u dont come near me with ur gayness, or near my family or i might just bash ur hd in (just kidding) grin
Re: God Made Him Gay? by lioness(f): 11:52am On Mar 16, 2006
grin grin grin grin
Re: God Made Him Gay? by spikedcylinder: 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2006
Posted by: lioness
Insert Quote
Gezz men! are u hard of understanding.

My opinion, God made us all but God didnt make people to be gay.
In other words, God made a woman to be a woman not a man
And God made a man to be a man and not a woman.

Spikecylinder are you gay?

Gosh!I was just waiting for you to ask me that question, just waiting!
No,i'm not gay FYI.
How do you know God did not make some people gay?just how do you know that?!
Re: God Made Him Gay? by choiceA: 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2006
I know that He didn't make anyone gay because Lev.20:13 and Rom.1:27 express the mind of God on the subject. Conclusion: He did not make anyone abominable in His sight.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by lioness(f): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2006
Leviticus 18:22 (KJV): "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind it is abomination."

. Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

That and many more is how i know tongue
By the way, my question was innocent of all guilt
Re: God Made Him Gay? by choiceA: 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2006
I know that He didn't make anyone gay because Lev.20:13 and Rom.1:27 express the mind of God on the subject. Conclusion: He did not make anyone abominable in His sight.

Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions. - Eccl. 7:29.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by simmy(m): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2006
To spikey and all gay lovers
Hope u read the posts  by lioness and choice a. It's preety simple isn't it?
And pls none of the Jesus came to free us from the law crap. I think an averagly intelligent person should b able to see thru tht kind of reasoning
TO ALL GAY PEOPLE:
Please do not try and justify your bad habits! Homosexuality is simply disgusting. WE all have our bad habits, and we don't go around trying to justify them just because we cant stop.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by old2boy(m): 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2006
The danger in accepting that God made someone gay is that very soon we will have to admit that the alcoholic, kleptomaniac, sadist, rapist, etc have no control over their feelings to do what most of us believe is wrong and dangerous for the survival of mankind.

Has anybody ever talked to a very rich thief before and after his being caught? Many in their sober mood would first accuse god for 'giving them the talent to skilfully steal’ but later, accuse the devil of misleading them.

That the boy has such feelings is out of the question. What is important is what he does with them. That I feel like getting down with over 70% of the opposite sex I come in close contact with is not God’s fault. That I do not go on with the fornication shows I respect what I believe is God’s ideal- One man 2 one woman. Ce. Finis.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by spikedcylinder: 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2006
No its not that simple simmy because i dont believe what the bible says.
People,please stop comparing gay people to rapists,kleptonaiacs and psycho killers.Being gay is not a disease neither is it a crime.

Heck,am not gay,i dont have any close or far friends that are gay,i dont even know anyone that is gay but i'd like to think that i understand their state of mind.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by t4cash(m): 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2006
My $0.02

God made man with a choice.

Thats what makes us different from other animals, who mostly operate on instinct.  All our actions (those of us who are sane) are of our own making (at least to some percentage). This is the principle of "moral choice" that is the foundation of all modern laws.

God made me to want to catch every nice woman i see and sleep with her, but i choose not to (and cant unless i want to be put away).

So may be God made this guy "gayish" as in he made it difficult for hime to like women but easy to prefer men. But as a human being with choice by acting on this preference, he made himself gay.

(BTW, i believe homosexuals should be left alone as long as they dont actively promote their sexual choices among young ones, because the world has bigger problems right now)
Re: God Made Him Gay? by spikedcylinder: 12:58pm On Mar 16, 2006
Your two penneth made sense t4cash except that i dont believe gay people shouldnt be given the right to advertise their sexual preference.The world has bigger problems but it doesnt stop straight people from having sex everyday does it?

I think people,Nigerians in particular should begin to warm up to the fact that there are diverse people in the world.Everybody cannot be the same.Am sure some people would also spit on anyone that claims to be asexual.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by choiceA: 1:00pm On Mar 16, 2006
spikedcylinder:

No its not that simple simmy because i don't believe what the bible says.

Heck,am not gay,i don't have any close or far friends that are gay,i don't even know anyone that is gay but i'd like to think that i understand their state of mind.

There you go. If you don't believe what the Bible says, it makes no sense in forming an opinion about God making people gay. From God's point of view, being gay is not an OK lifestyle - He says so, and I believe it. So, if you don't believe in the Bible, then you can't justify a gay saying that God made him that way.

Second, there's no point wasting your time speaking on behalf of gays when you don't know their state of mind - how could you if you don't even know anyone that is gay? It's a free world and you're welcome to express your opinion, but your opinion remains just that - your opinion. God can't be held responsible for the excuses people make for being gay.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by spikedcylinder: 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2006
choic.A,I dont believe that the bible is the key to God's state of mind.
I might not know anyone that is gay but i still understand what they go through because i know too well what its like to be a minority.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by lioness(f): 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2006
Spikedcylinder do u believe in God
Re: God Made Him Gay? by spikedcylinder: 1:12pm On Mar 16, 2006
Yes,i do very much.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by t4cash(m): 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2006
spikedcylinder, gay people should not promote their lifestyle because of so many reasons.

The most obvious being that that is the way the majority feels right now. Homosexuality (as u can see from the passion this thread is getting is still a very sensitive issue). Any poll today will agree with me on this.

The West just chose as recently as in the last century that homosexuality was such a common anomaly (at least by the laws of nature) that would never go away and is better left alone. If gay people choose to push their lifestyle b4 the world is ready, they risk losing it all. George Bush won the last Americaa partly because a lot of centrist hetero's were apprehensive of how the liberals were pushing and so voted for the conservatives.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by simmy(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2006
Spikey
If you don't believe in the bible then there is no basis 4 a discussion because obviously we believe in different Gods. or at the best we believe different things about the same God. I can only attemp to prove to you tht God condems homosexuality throught he bible whch i believe to be his irrefutable word.
Then from common sense, the woman is obviously the complement of the man. All animals exhibit heterosexuality, the penis was made for the vagina, isn't that obvious?
If homosexuality is ok, then how about bestiality? How would you like it if i decide to make love to my bitch (yes, female dog) at home and try to pass it off as normal.Hmmmm?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by spikedcylinder: 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2006
t4cash,i agree with you.If u had explained it like that earlier,
Simmy,am sure with your rigid views you also believe that men are superior to women?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by choiceA: 1:29pm On Mar 16, 2006
spikedcylinder:

choic.A,I don't believe that the bible is the key to God's state of mind. .

Then, could you kindly tell me what is the key to God's state of mind from your own perspective - and which 'God' you're referring to? Your point might make sense if you're not referring to the Christian God. As a Christian, the one way to understand the mind of God on any subject is to check it out in the Bible. How do I know that Jesus Christ is the Saviour? How do I know the will of God for my life? Now, if you disregard the Bible, how then would you be able to know His mind or thoughts on anything concerning the Christian faith?

Perhaps it boils down to same thing I had tried to point out to KAG, that just because some people speak of 'God', it does not necessarily mean that they are speaking of the Christian deity. There's no true Christian I know who rejects the Bible as the basis for faith and practise in their commitment to the Christian God.

The whole point is that people make choices and become what they opt for in life. So, just because someone claims that he believes 'God made him gay' and sound as if he had no choice in the matter does not necessarily stand up to scrutiny. Any other excuse might make their point, but definitely not God making them so - as far as the Christian God is being blamed for what yet He condemns in the Bible.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by spikedcylinder: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2006
I'm not a christian but i believe in the Divine ALMIGHTY God,is that the same God as the christian God?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by choiceA: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2006
spikedcylinder:

Simmy,am sure with your rigid views you also believe that men are superior to women?

Face the issue at hand and forget the detours. The question is: Did God make anyone gay? If you're pushing for the affirmative, please tell us what 'God' you're referring to and reference your points from God's Word.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by lioness(f): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2006
Spikecylinder, you say your not a lesbian, not a christain but believes in the Divine Almighty God.
What God or religion is that
Re: God Made Him Gay? by simmy(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2006
spikedcylinder:

t4cash,i agree with you.If u had explained it like that earlier,
No I dont. Ok?
It's so sad that when most people are faced with hard fact they turn around and accuse the presenter of the fact of being rigid. I'm not the one being rigid. The truth is rigid!! Ever heard the saying "the truth is bitter?"Mayb i should hav phrased my earlier statement thus:
Then from common sense it is obvious that the man and woman complement each other. The penis and vagina were made for each other. Happy now,spikey?
My apologies to all other feminists in the house
Re: God Made Him Gay? by choiceA: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2006
spikedcylinder:

I'm not a christian but i believe in the Divine ALMIGHTY God,is that the same God as the christian God?

Wow! I wish KAG would see this - my is point made: not everyone speaking of 'God' is actually referring to the Christian deity.

I'm a Christian, and I believe in God ALMIGHTY. However, the Bahá'is believe that 'God' is ALMIGHTY as well, but they don't speak of the 'Christian God'. I respect your beliefs, but my Christian belief does not teach that God (the Christian deity) made anyone gay (Eccl.7:29).

Thanks for your input.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by spikedcylinder: 2:10pm On Mar 16, 2006
Then from common sense, the woman is obviously the complement of the man.

This was why i asked that question simmy,am not straying from the topic.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by spikedcylinder: 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2006
Lioness,are you saying that anyone that believes in the 'true@ God must be a lesbian and a christian?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by t4cash(m): 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2006
Yawn. Why is it that once someone says to them "I dont believe in the Bible" some Christians become deflated and cant carry forward their argument?

BTW There is no such thing as a "christian God". God with a capital G, implies monotheism. Correctly, you shouls say a "Christian concept of God".
Re: God Made Him Gay? by simmy(m): 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2006
Spikey,spikey, shakes his head lipsrsealed
Re: God Made Him Gay? by spikedcylinder: 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2006
t4cash,you are a man after my heart! wink grin

simmy! simmy!, shakes her butt!
Re: God Made Him Gay? by choiceA: 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2006
Quote from: spikedcylinder on MArch 15

Quote from: simmy on March 15
Then from common sense, the woman is obviously the complement of the man.

spikedcylinder:

This was why i asked that question simmy,am not straying from the topic.

That 'the woman is obviously the complement of the man' does not sound the same as 'men are superior to women'. The issue is on gay and God - did God make anyone gay? The question of whether men are superior to women is a distraction from the main topic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

See Why It Will Be Difficult For Many To Enter Into Heaven, Don't Be Deceived / 6 Ways To Render Acceptable Service To God / There Is God And He Answers Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.