Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (56522 Views)

10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 11:07am On Jan 02, 2012
^
Hmmm well I guess I have to agree that I'm totally an introvert then.

It just seems to me that I have a lil extrovert in me,I'm not shy,I can be talkative,razz and kinda crazy sometimes. Anyways I think I believe you cos all my life,I've had people say,"she be ogbanje" even my own family members sef,my roommate called me a sadist one time, but there's just this joy I derive from being alone(its refreshing), though it cost me a relationship once.

My elder sister says she thinks I'm the most frequent on NL whenever I'm on holidays,I think she's right cos its just me and my computer,novels or movies and its best enjoyed when I'm all alone, I love myself though. grin wink cool
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by maclatunji: 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2012
^You seem to think that being an introvert means you don't do crazy stuff. From your description, I knew immediately that you are an introvert. We can be crazy/wild if we want, it is just that we are very carefull about where we show that wildness and with whom.

The two of us have a lot in common in terms of personality.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by OAM4J: 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2012
I agree with you Kobo. Confirmed Introvert here. cool
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
maclatunji:

^You seem to think that being an introvert means you don't do crazy stuff. From your description, I knew immediately that you are an introvert. We can be crazy/wild if we want, it is just that we are very carefull about where we show that wildness and with whom.

The two of us have a lot in common in terms of personality.
Yes dear,I always had the impression that introverts don't even talk at all(you know what I mean) I guess I never really knew much about the ish.this is really educating, Thanks.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by manny4life(m): 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
WOW, a lot of introverts on here, good to meet yall fellows, I have to agree with KOBO.

When I tell my friends I need time alone to recoup, they just think I'm going nuts or something, thanks Madam Kobo, you have just affirmed my thoughts,
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
I'm an introvert. Nice write-up.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Afam4eva(m): 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
@op
You're spot on. I'm introverted to a fault and I fit the description perfectly.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by OAM4J: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
freecocoa:

Yes dear,I always had the impression that introverts don't even talk at all(you know what I mean) I guess I never really knew much about the ish.this is really educating, Thanks.

Am an introvert, am not shy, am bold, I can face any audience however large, I kid many times and can be crazy sometimes too, but not every where and every time. I choose where, when and what I want to do, rarely act on impulse. It's more romantic to watch a romantic movie with my girl at home than go clubbing and I prefer a cool get together with company of friends and associates than loud extroverted parties, yet i supported a loud extroverted party for the burial of one of my beloved grandmothers and danced big time celebrating her good life well spent.  cheesy
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by MissyB3(f): 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
A great part of this article seems to be about me. Judging from it, I'd say I fall under the introvert category.

Very funny how these ''introverts'' suddenly become extraverted on NL.  grin grin grin
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
@iice

Every (ok, almost every) pisces I've met is an introvert. Same here.

And not just with depression, with disappointment also. When one expects to be disappointed, and eventually is disappointed, he's not really surprised/disappointed. In every situation, I expect to get disappointed, so that at the end, any outcome does not really faze me. Just try again or move on to the next game.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by modavi: 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
Lol! U r right on point! U just talked about me---a conque intovert
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by chinedumo(m): 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
Mostly true~
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by iice(f): 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

@iice

Every (ok, almost every) pisces I've met is an introvert. Same here.

True.  Also moody tongue
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
iice:

True.  Also moody tongue

ahah, oh boy, tell me about it!
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Pharoh: 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
Confirmed one here and good to learn more about myself, actually a confirmation of so many things pertaining to my personality. cool
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by manny4life(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
So is VIRGO, mostly introverts
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by paniki(m): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2012
Personality types

http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

I did 5 tests on different websites and they all claim that I'm INTJ and I think they are right
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
afam4eva:

@op
You're spot on. I'm an introverted to a fault and I fit the description perfectly.

No wonder you are that horrible.I need to get a koboko to deal with that introvert spirit in you. grin grin
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by OAM4J: 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
Missy_B:

A great part of this article seems to be about me. Judging from it, I'd say I fall under the introvert category.

Very funny how these ''introverts'' suddenly become extroverted on NL.  grin grin grin

hehehehe really funny  grin imagine all of you claiming to be introverts  cheesy

from kobo, to tpia, to iice, to freecocoa even ileke and my celebrity girl Missy B claiming to be an introvert. Very interesting indeed  grin

At least people know am an introvert on NL  cool cheesy
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by rman: 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
Brillaint topic from Kobo.
I ve actually read a book " WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO" by Tim Lahe.

I am an introvert too but I am not really suprised at the few people coming out to say they are introverted.
I ve read the comments (regularly) of some of the frequent posters on this forum and I can say confidently that most of the
intelligent posters on this forum are introverts
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Physicist(m): 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Kobojunkie

I need to thank you for posting this article. I would say I was 99% introvert and 1% extrovert as a child and teenager. I consider myself to be about 60% introvert and 40% extrovert now.  I need to be an extrovert in order to survive in my career in the corporate world. My experience is that extroverts in general tend to give too much trouble to introverts. This is probably because extroverts do not understand introverts. Many extroverts want introverts to be like them and behave like them. On the other hand, introverts give little or no problem to extroverts. Introverts tend to leave extroverts alone. Introverts do not want extroverts to be like them and behave like them. It will be great for extroverts, if they can just understand that not everyone is like them. Many times, introverts just want to be alone.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by mayor007(m): 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
I appreciate abstract things. I love reading books. I hate clubbing and partying but I make friends easily and love company. I hold very good conversations. I introspect a lot. Even older people always wanna hear my opinion on matters. Am I an introvert or extrovert?
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Teamo2(f): 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2012
Just me,my kitchen,my laptop n d toilet .Thank God 4 internet connection grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by iice(f): 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2012
OAM4J:

hehehehe really funny  grin imagine all of you claiming to be introverts  cheesy

from kobo, to tpia, to iice, to freecocoa even ileke and my celebrity girl Missy B claiming to be an introvert. Very interesting indeed  grin

This OJ sef. Read the posts again. lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
Definitely a confirmed introvert. . .I'll generally choose staying at home and doing something over going to various parties or social engagements. . . I find most of them boring and time consuming and most time I always have to be pushed into attending them. . .

I also love my "Me Time" and I have very few friends I hold dear to my heart.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by MissyB3(f): 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
OAM4J:

Lmao! Na xo we see am. grin grin
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 5:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
OAM4J:

Am an introvert, am not shy, am bold, I can face any audience however large, I kid many times and can be crazy sometimes too, but not every where and every time. I choose where, when and what I want to do, rarely act on impulse. It's more romantic to watch a romantic movie with my girl at home than go clubbing and I prefer a cool get together with company of friends and associates than loud extroverted parties, yet i supported a loud extroverted party for the burial of one of my beloved grandmothers and danced big time celebrating her good life well spent.  cheesy
My brother no blame me o jare,I didn't really know an introvert can be crazy at times hence I didn't know where to place myself,I have an aunt who was always telling my mum to take me for deliverance,at a point I even began thinking maybe something was really wrong somewhere,if I tell you there are days I never leave my room for 3 days or more, at the most I just go downstairs not even outside the gate,you may say I'm lying,the last time I went to a club was in 2008 and I think I've been to club only twice,yet it doesn't even occur to me sef,in class people say"she feels too big" but they don't understand its just my nature,at times I try to go out of my way just to make some people happy still it doesn't even work,I think my own is kinda extreme but I'm just glad its really normal.

OAM4J:

LOL,me sef shock o but with everything I know about me and my life,I'm definitely an introvert,its easier on NL than it is in the real world,I don't even have as much friends in the real world like I do online, I choose people I row with very carefully.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
Am an introvert, am not shy, am bold, I can face any audience however large, I kid many times and can be crazy sometimes too, but not every where and every time. I choose where, when and what I want to do, rarely act on impulse. It's more romantic to watch a romantic movie with my girl at home than go clubbing and I prefer a cool get together with company of friends and associates than loud extroverted parties, yet i supported a loud extroverted party for the burial of one of my beloved grandmothers and danced big time celebrating her good life well spent.

@ bolded

yes, that sounds like you.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
from kobo, to tpia, to iice, to freecocoa even ileke and my celebrity girl Missy B claiming to be an introvert. Very interesting indeed 

a clear way to spot an introvert online is they tend to stand alone [most of the time or initially] unless/until they make a conscious effort to be more interactive.

this is because they're used to doing their own thing unless somehow prompted to socialize more.

the prompting could be either within or from external sources.

an extrovert, on the other hand, will flow with others right from the getgo and might not stand out so much at first.

This is also because they're used to being part of a crowd and place lesser importance on individuality, or sense of self.

an extrovert is also more likely to "blow their own trumpet" so to speak, or list qualities they deem attractive in themselves, eg i have butt, i have the biggest whatever, online. They're less inhibited and faster at chasing the opposite s.ex, or a person of interest. The introverts catch up later.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Hopez456(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
The poster just describe me, my level of introversion is just too much. I'm the type that doesn't go out, i dnt want 2b seen by pple, if atal i wana go out, i go in d night.
In my sku, u may nt blive dis, i only knw my rummates and 2 pple on my floor, have jst 4 frnds in my dept. Weneva i talk pple ar always surprise 2 hear me speak, wich sumtyms makes me embarrased.
People do take my introversion for arrogance, wich always pain me.
Shyness is anoda disease silently killing me, i can't look pple in d face wen speaking wit them esp women, am 22, i dnt ave a gf, only av a female friend nd she's in ma felowship in sku.
Pls i need advise 4rm pple cos sumtyms i fil lyk geting rid of ma self.
Tanks.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by queensmith: 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
most people wont believe it but im an introvert too- i love my own company, i hate being around people but i still manage to head out every weekend to numerous places!   when im around people im charged and ready to go. but id always rather be at home!

either im both or just a very lazy extrovert! lol
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by jamace(m): 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
The inner strength of the introvert far outweighs the noisy pose of the extroverted. Thank God for the introverts who made all that we enjoy today as scientific inventions.

Introverts are highly inquisitive, very decisive, highly self-motivated and have greater dosage of guts.

All hail the introverts. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Abiola Adebisi, The Husband Of The Trending Nigerian Lady, ‘debbie.’ / Lady Taken To Osun To Take An Oath Before Traveling Out - Brother Cries Out / Ladies Share Their Funny "Bedroom Escape" Strategies (Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.