Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (56518 Views)

10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
People do take my introversion for arrogance

quite common.

some introverts are arrogant though, because they tend to have a faster grasp of things that extroverts dont due to too much distraction.

but the assumption should be on a case-by-case basis instead of generalizations.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by mobf: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
Nice to see everyone jumping the bandwagon. @ Tpia your inputs have been spot on and i agree with you that introversion isn't a disease that needs curing. Now while I've never been a fan of the head shrinks i must say this got me “The problem with the introverted person is they become possessed by their own inner world. They become resentful because others have not understood the thoughts they have never communicated". I am a quiet person who loves deep thinking, please don't call me an introvert wink
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by jonex70(m): 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2012
freecocoa, you just give perfect definition of me.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by misterh(m): 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
It's as if the writer had me in mind while writing. I love & cherish my privacy & quiet time. I hardly have friend that even as a 400 level student in OAU, most of my course mates still don't know me as a course mate. Once in a restaurant with a known extrovert & met 2 of my classmates who expressed shock @ discovering i was a classmate(dis happened in pt 3). I loathe noise a big deal, This article has really helped me a great deal. Tnx, kobojunkie 4 d article!
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
Hopez456:

The poster just describe me, my level of introversion is just too much. I'm the type that doesn't go out, i dnt want 2b seen by pple, if atal i wana go out, i go in d night.
In my sku, u may nt blive dis, i only knw my rummates and 2 pple on my floor, have jst 4 frnds in my dept. Weneva i talk pple ar always surprise 2 hear me speak, wich sumtyms makes me embarrased.
People do take my introversion for arrogance, wich always pain me.
Shyness is anoda disease silently killing me,  i can't look pple in d face wen speaking wit them esp women, am 22, i dnt ave a gf, only av a female friend nd she's in ma felowship in sku.
Pls i need advise 4rm pple cos sumtyms i fil lyk geting rid of ma self.
Tanks.      
Stop feeling like that dear,its not unusual. I also get"so you talk?hmm"from people a lot,many times people stop me on the way and say"don't you remember me? We were in the same class" try as hard as I can,I don't remember,its kinda embarrassing sometimes though and people take me to be arrogant or pompous.

As for the girlfriend ish,being an introvert doesn't have to make you a loner but I guess yours is more difficult cos you are shy,I don't have a problem approaching people when I want to,you just have to try and overcome your shyness. People don't bite dear,pack up some courage and talk to any girl or girls you fancy.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2012
wat social conditions create introverts and extrovert. nature or nurture?
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 6:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

freecocoa, you just give perfect definition of me.
WOW,you must be my twinny then. cool
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
Where are the extroverts? Everybody now seems to be an introvert,or is it just for this thread and today? grin grin
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 6:13pm On Jan 02, 2012

genes maybe.

you can have two siblings exposed to the same environment and stimuli- sometimes one will turn out extroverted while the other will be an introvert.

then, looking at babies, you can sometimes get a glimpse of their character traits early on. Babies or maybe toddlers.

in addition, i think most introverts eventually get a bit more extroverted with time, and vice versa. Sometimes its a seesaw, with periods of introversion and extroversion alternating somehow, depending on the situation and context.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
Everybody now seems to be an introvert

i also wonder.

the extroverts might be too busy living it up with one thing or another to bother posting on the thread.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by OAM4J: 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
tpia@:

a clear way to spot an introvert online is they tend to stand alone [most of the time or initially] unless/until they make a conscious effort to be more interactive.

this is because they're used to doing their own thing unless somehow prompted to socialize more.

the prompting could be either within or from external sources.

an extrovert, on the other hand, will flow with others right from the getgo and might not stand out so much at first.

This is also because they're used to being part of a crowd and place lesser importance on individuality, or sense of self.

an extrovert is also more likely to "blow their own trumpet" so to speak, or list qualities they deem attractive in themselves, eg i have butt, i have the biggest whatever, online. They're less inhibited and faster at chasing the opposite s.ex, or a person of interest. The introverts catch up later.

Spot on.

Bliss4Lyfe:

May be it is in the genes, but I also agree that upbringing, environments and life experiences might play a role.

freecocoa:

Where are the extroverts? Everybody now seems to be an introvert,or is it just for this thread and today? grin grin

They are taking notes, trying to understand us or less concerned as usual to read a thread like this when there are current affairs threads to read and post on  undecided  cheesy
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Hopez456(m): 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thank you freecocoa, i will try this days, the criticism is jst too much even frm parents.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
trying to understand us or less concerned as usual to read a thread like this when there are current affairs threads to read and post on

true talk.

my relatives are a mix of excessively extroverted and firmly introverted individuals, so this is a topic i'm a bit familiar with since its rather close to home.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by jonex70(m): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
@freecocoa. You are right am ur twin brother. I have been indoor since yesterday just to comfirm my introvert nature.movie and thinking alone. Don't even have gf because am I don't want one till the end of world.me and me alone.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
I loathe noise a big deal

the way firm introverts react to noise is very interesting.

they have an almost visceral reaction to it and sometimes have to remind themselves noise is normal.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Orikinla(m): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
How do men who are introverts or extroverts chase babes? grin
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

@freecocoa. You are right am your twin brother. I have been indoor since yesterday just to comfirm my introvert nature.movie and thinking alone. Don't even have gf because am I don't want one till the end of world.me and me alone.
You don't want a gf till the end?that means wife too,hmm don't you think that's a bit too extreme? Well if you do change your mind,holla at me.*winks*

Hopez456:

Thank you freecocoa, i will try this days, the criticism is jst too much even frm parents.
UW
My dear don't let the criticism get to you,"ogbanje" is my official middle name from most people I know,family members inclusive,just try to meet someone.

tpia@:

i also wonder.

the extroverts might be too busy living it up with one thing or another to bother posting on the thread.
I guess so.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by OAM4J: 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
iice:

This OJ sef.  Read the posts again. lipsrsealed

lol  grin Just seeing your reply.

Dont worry, was only kidding with you. I know you and kobo are are obvious introverts even with your personalty traits on NL.  grin
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by jonex70(m): 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thank God for this post I was beggining to think something is wrong with me until now.I had been indoor since yesterday morning  apart from going to empty the dustin basket downstair this morning. A friend of mine. Was gere yesterday and was asking if am okay or why could I be alone in the house. I believe this extrovert people are the one really causing problem to this world. I don't get mad easy, but if I do someone must get hurt. Is that part of been introvert or wat? The lasttime I get mad with anyone was about 7 years ago. People do offende me but I easly forgive until I can't take it anymore. Am also very shy but I chat with a stranger if I want to. Am happy for this post.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
OAM4J:

They are taking notes, trying to understand us or less concerned as usual to read a thread like this when there are current affairs threads to read and post on  undecided  cheesy
This can't be far from the truth. grin cool

@Tpia, I think I believe it can be genetic,cos my dad has similar characters with me,that's why most times he seems to be the only one who understands me perfectly well.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
Orikinla:

How do men who are introverts or extroverts chase babes? grin

share your own methods nah.

i think your question should be which ones are more likely to settle down faster- extroverts or introverts.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Pharoh: 6:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
I like reading alone in a confined space where i can talk to myself and be free to think without any distractions.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by jonex70(m): 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
@freecocoa, am duie for marriage but am just scare of all loosing my privacy because of one lousy woman. I like quiet time. Am not sure u can fit into my plan because the only reason I can allow any girl to invade my privacy in the name of marriage is only if she is. Over beauty.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Tpia, I think I believe it can be genetic,cos my dad has similar characters with me,that's why most times he seems to be the only one who understands me perfectly well.

true.

introverts understand other introverts better [doesnt mean they're more compatible with themselves though]. in addition, introverts may understand extroverts as well, while relatively fewer extroverts understand introverts per se.

understanding or not understanding here doesnt necessarily mean they still dont date, marry themselves, etc.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Cogent: 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

Thank God for this post I was beggining to think something is wrong with me until now.I had been indoor since yesterday morning  apart from going to empty the dustin basket downstair this morning. A friend of mine. Was gere yesterday and was asking if am okay or why could I be alone in the house. I believe this extrovert people are the one really causing problem to this world. [b]I don't get mad easy, but if I do someone must get hurt. [/b]Is that part of been introvert or wat? The lasttime I get mad with anyone was about 7 years ago. People do offende me but I easly forgive until I can't take it anymore. Am also very shy but I chat with a stranger if I want to. Am happy for this post.

@bolded, why na?
Change that aspect of yourself, it is not part of being an introvert. Introverts are supposed to be logical thinkers, not people that let emotions get the better of them.

@topic,
All these people coming out and admitting to being introverts is coming as no surprise to me.
You cannot be an extrovert an be an active participant on Nairaland, day in, day out.
Infact I think anyone on NL with more than 4000 posts is an introvert.
Extroverts love leaving their houses and talking to actual real life human beings, not just online ones.
That being said, I wish more extroverts will read the topic.
The way they give introverts grief can be really annoying and offensive.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2012
majority of nairalanders are introverts. they are very, very active online and they also tend to form as if they are extroverts on the internet.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

Thank God for this post I was beggining to think something is wrong with me until now.I had been indoor since yesterday morning  apart from going to empty the dustin basket downstair this morning. A friend of mine. Was gere yesterday and was asking if am okay or why could I be alone in the house. I believe this extrovert people are the one really causing problem to this world. I don't get mad easy, but if I do someone must get hurt. Is that part of been introvert or wat? The lasttime I get mad with anyone was about 7 years ago. People do offende me but I easly forgive until I can't take it anymore. Am also very shy but I chat with a stranger if I want to. Am happy for this post.
I can relate with you staying indoors,its nothing for me, about hurting someone,I don't really know if its part of the nature cos I'm not vindictive at all,I don't easily get angry too,its even something you don't expect to annoy me that usually does. Please just be careful not to cause damages when mad please.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Cogent: 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
Pharoh:

I like reading alone in a confined space where i can talk to myself and be free to think without any distractions.

You sure say na part of being introvert be that?   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
You cannot be an extrovert an be an active participant on Nairaland, day in, day out

not really true.

i know a lot of extroverts who are on nairaland.

many people are here as a hobby, or because they find it interesting. Or have some other reason.

doesnt mean the extroverts still dont get their groove on in other ways like clubbing, socializing, etc.

the extroverts probably use the site as something to fill in the hours during downtime.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

@freecocoa, am duie for marriage but am just scare of all loosing my privacy because of one lousy woman. I like quiet time. Am not sure u can fit into my plan because the only reason I can allow any girl to invade my privacy in the name of marriage is only if she is. Over beauty.

didnt you say you're 22?

you're still young.

you'll forget all the privacy issues by the time you meet a girl who you just cant get off your mind.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Dirac(m): 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2012
As an introvert, I find this article very true! One thing I dont understand about extroverts is the many superficial and shallow relationships they have
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

. Hahaha,so I'm not beautiful enough? Well beauty is in the eyes of the beholder dear. Though I don't think you should allow that be the only reason to get married,you may end up regretting it,just look for someone who is compatible with you,if you believe in love,that also goes a long way. Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Meet Abiola Adebisi, The Husband Of The Trending Nigerian Lady, ‘debbie.’ / Lady Taken To Osun To Take An Oath Before Traveling Out - Brother Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.