Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (56533 Views)

10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Cogent: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
tpia@:

not really true.

i know a lot of extroverts who are on nairaland.

many people are here as a hobby, or because they find it interesting. Or have some other reason.

doesnt mean the extroverts still dont get their groove on in other ways like clubbing, socializing, etc.

the extroverts could still use the site as something to fill in the hours during downtime.

Yup, I agree. But I was not really talking about those ones, I was referring to the ones that are almost online 24hrs and even have multiple ID's sef.  grin grin grin
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tpia5: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
could be job related cheesy
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
anyone with more than 5000 posts on nl is probably an introvert. just my opinion

btw most of those apply to me.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Chnges(m): 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
Nice article,anyway i think dis is wot i'm gonna show my family members cos they mostly think i'm habouring an evil spirit within me=>thanks guys.I appreciate
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by jonex70(m): 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
@freecocoa. Inbox me @ mrbusiness42@yahoo.com mind u am not a violent person. Am too gentle but have small lagos boy mentallity to cope with Lagos life,
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
wat social conditions create introverts and extrovert. nature or nurture?

Nurture is not a social condition  . Atleast I dont think it is.
Before you guys start pulling opinion from air, plz provide any nuture/nature evidence that proves the cause/factor of such personalities (intro/extro).
Becuz this is NL, everyone always have atleast one unsupported theory to add to the table.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tollu: 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
I see being introverted is the new cool grin

Ok oh, I'm an introvert too.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2012
tpia@:

didnt you say you're 22?
Nah he isn't.
Hopez456 is.

jonex70:

@freecocoa. Inbox me @ mrbusiness42@yahoo.com mind u am not a violent person. Am too gentle but have small lagos boy mentallity to cope with Lagos life,
OUCH! Please Don't tell me you took those comments serious, I was just trying to light up your mood dear.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Cogent: 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
tpia@:

could be job related cheesy
Hmmmmmmmmmm. . . . They would probably be having a really hard time living that way then.
oyb:

anyone with more than 5000 posts on nl is probably an introvert. just my opinion

btw most of those apply to me.

I was thinking it's 4000 posts.

@Topic,
Those on the thread who are introverts I would like to know whether you crave/desire emotional connections with other people or you will be fine with being unattached emotionally.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
Cogent:

@Topic,
Those on the thread who are introverts I would like to know whether you crave/desire emotional connections with other people or you will be fine with being unattached emotionally.

Are you a psychologist ni?
Dont try to psychoanalyze what you do not understand.
Which one is emotional connection? Do extroverts tell you they're emotionally connected with others?
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by jonex70(m): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2012
@freecocoa, I was joking about the beauty talk because in real life there is nothing like overbeauty. I did not say 22. I just celebrated my 31st birthday on dec 26th. So am not small pinkin. Just like my life and enjoying it. I did not see ur picture so I don't know how u look like.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
Cogent:

@Topic,
Those on the thread who are introverts I would like to know whether you crave/desire emotional connections with other people or you will be fine with being unattached emotionally

Being an introvert doesn't make someone a loner emotionally, ofcourse we desire\make or have emotional connections with people.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

@freecocoa, I was joking about the beauty talk because in real life there is nothing like overbeauty. I did not say 22. I just celebrated my 31st birthday on dec 26th. So am not small pinkin. Just like my life and enjoying it. I did not see your picture so I don't know how u look like.
Oh dear,I didn't take it serious at all and I didn't think you are 22,I was explaining to Tpia that it was someone else who is 22 and not you. Anyways if it'll make you feel better,I'll mail you later. Happy belated birthday to you.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
Good post from Kobojunkie.Good one.
Confirmed by a psychologist,a great professional in the business world and an introvert.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by jonex70(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
@freecocoa, you can be funny lol. Am not looking for a wife or gf ooo. I have too many ladies who dream to be mrs  John already. because I ask u to inbox me does not mean anything. This girl or woman want kill me lol. My single is not. because of lack of girls. I be introvert but can have 30 wives if I want to that is why am happy . You just sound interesting. I may know u and will never meet u till end of world.I just don't have time for ladies because of their fakeness this day not because am introvert. I can toast 5 girls @ time without a blink.don't make that mistake u want to.I just like single life for now.I think my introvert is a bit arrogant so help me God.@freecocoa you are already acting like extrovert judging me wen u don't know my mind. Anyway inbox me and it will make me feel better but am not seaching. Just want to meet someone that understand me.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Cogent: 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
freecocoa:

Being an introvert doesn't make someone a loner emotionally, ofcourse we desire\make or have emotional connections with people.
Serious?
Wow.
I asked cos I am not really the 'connecting' type.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tollu: 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

@freecocoa, you can be funny lol. Am not looking for a wife or gf ooo. I have too many ladies who dream to be mrs  John already. because I ask u to inbox me does not mean anything. This girl or woman want kill me lol. My single is not. because of lack of girls. I be introvert but can have 30 wives if I want to that is why am happy . You just sound interesting. I may know u and will never meet u till end of world.I just don't have time for ladies because of their fakeness this day not because am introvert. I can toast 5 girls @ time without a blink.don't make that mistake u want to.I just like single life for now.I think my introvert is a bit arrogant so help me God.@freecocoa you are already acting like extrovert judging me wen u don't know my mind. Anyway inbox me and it will make me feel better but am not seaching. Just want to meet someone that understand me.

Oooookayy.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ freecocoa,
   Never give anyone your email/contact ad on this forum.That flogging you gave to them is still paining them and it will pain them from now till 2025.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by icez: 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2012
nice topic. wink
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by Jumaisha(f): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
See, being an introverts is not a crime and trying to change from "introvert to extrovert" might b difficult b'cos its part of who you are.I'm an introvert 2 and i love to be what i am.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by jonex70(m): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
Is freecocoa also tollu?l
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

Sweety let's not misunderstand ourselves please.I didn't and I'm not judging you,asking if you took my comments serious doesn't mean I think you want a GF,anyways its all good,I think deeper than I may appear and I'm certainly enlightened enough to know,that one can send mails without meeting.

LOL @me acting like an extrovert.

Cogent:

Serious?
Wow.
I asked cos I am not really the 'connecting' type.
Are you an introvert too? I don't think your not connecting is as a result of being an introvert,from the article its clear that all introverts are not exactly the same though they possess similar traits.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

Most definitely not.

chima12:

@ freecocoa,
   Never give anyone your email/contact ad on this forum.That flogging you gave to them is still paining them and it will pain them from now till 2025.
Ezigbo nwanne'm,trust me egwu uche ka'm na gba. Forgotten we are wise people?
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by DeeMain(m): 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
Let’s not get it twisted ooo, even though I do not want to be a kill-joy in this great thread, I believe, for many not to get a wrong impression, that there needs to be a balance of opinion.

Introversion, like extroversion, is a continuum. Anything at or near the extreme end of introversion is bad. Anyone, who is to too introverted, shy, too withdrawn from society or worries too much, is lying on an edge that’s close to an unhappy sociopath, and is a veritable candidate for psychological –emotional problems and depressive tendencies. We are social animals. The extreme case is therefore a sign that something is wrong.

Someone asked is it nature or nurture? The answer is both. Nature sets the template but nurture builds the super-structure. If many people complain that there is something wrong with you, there probably is (not always the case though). Our world mirrors our homes. First within (the home), then without (the world).What was your upbringing like? Did you feel safe at home? Did you feel loved at home? Did your parents or caregivers encourage or kill your self-esteem? Or where you shouted down and deflated when you wanted to speak out. Was it safer to be alone by yourself or was there always conflict when you mingled with your siblings? These circumstances may have negatively programmed or conditioned your introversion. Yes, your introversion may have been negatively polluted by the agents of your socialization. You are not your authentic self.

If you come from a family that fed and built your self-esteem, you are amongst the lucky introverts, who are deep, creative, are good conversationalists, and are not prone to depressive episodes, or sociopath tendencies. You are at or near your authentic best.

If you do not come from such a family, you probably have these good characteristics inter-mingled with or suppressed by toxic characteristics.

Just my 2 kobo.

By the way, great job Kobojunkie.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by netotse(m): 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
@tollu
lol. . .

@thread
I'm an introvert too, a lot of stuff here applies to me. . .heck learning to dance help me become more confident (still cant dance but I sure as hell have fun doing so anyway  grin), and I'm known to say my mind when the mood catches me (I get a lot of 'he didnt just say that!' looks. . .lol)

@cogent
yeah we do, I for one tend to look for a nexus of some sort (not necessarily emotional) before I commit my time and emotions to any relationship (business or otherwise)
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by misterh(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
This thread has really helped LOTS of people. U're blessed, Kobojunkie!
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by jonex70(m): 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
;@freecocoa, will check my email later if u bother to inbox if not cool. Are you into cocoa farming or why the name freecocoa.jokes
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by bigdoo: 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
This is truly an interesting post as it affects or concerns everybody in the world even more than the removal of fuel subsidy in Nigeria. However I would like to know if being an introvert or extrovert has any horoscopic implications or has it got something to do with our stars?
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by laidback(m): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
This thread has been spot on! Comments from Tpia, freecocoa, demain and of course Kobojunkie have been invaluable. Also, I'm not at all surprised that iice is admitting to being an introvert - had a cute falling out with her once.

However, being an introvert myself, my question is this: Are introverts attracted to introverts or to extroverts, when it comes to forming deep, long lasting, romantic relationships? My opinion is that since opposites attract, introverts should be attracted to extroverts. But I find as an introvert, I tend to fall more for introverts. But somehow this leads to excessive hours indoors which ultimately leave me phlegmatic.

Please someone respond to this question. I'm about 30 yrs, but this still leaves me sometimes confused. I know! weird ehn?
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by freecocoa(f): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
jonex70:

;@freecocoa, will check my email later if u bother to inbox if not cool. Are you into cocoa farming or why the name freecocoa.jokes
Aite.
(LOL),wish I was,its just something coined from the name Granny calls me.
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by tollu: 8:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Netotse
grin

jonex70:

Sorry Jonex70, my "ooookaaayy" was more of an "here's a strange one" than agreement. Biko nor vex
Re: 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts by laidback(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
My opinion is that since opposites attract, introverts should be attracted to extroverts. But I find as an introvert, I tend to fall more for introverts. But somehow this leads to excessive hours indoors which ultimately leave me phlegmatic.

Please someone respond to this question. I'm about 30 yrs, but this still leaves me sometimes confused. I know! weird ehn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Taken To Osun To Take An Oath Before Traveling Out - Brother Cries Out / Meet Abiola Adebisi, The Husband Of The Trending Nigerian Lady, ‘debbie.’ / Ladies Share Their Funny "Bedroom Escape" Strategies (Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.