Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor (2180 Views)

Alledged Plan To Islamise Nigeria: “Methodist Prelate Refutes Report”.. / Buhari Wants To Islamise Nigeria- Fayose / Bishop Isong Dares Buhari To Publicly Promise Not To Islamise Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by naijaking1: 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2012
http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9294:there-is-a-grand-plot-to-islamise-nigeria-pastor-oritsejafor&catid=25:politics&Itemid=92

excerpts,

I cry for this nation quite often. I cried even this morning. The bombing in Madalla, near Abuja, broke my heart. Sometimes, I feel powerless. You think you could help, but you don’t have the chance. You don’t have the opportunity or anything to be able to help. Sometimes, I also feel bad because sometimes, I feel so close to being able to help but can’t really do so. It’s so bad.

Of the Christmas Day bombing in Madalla; I had come to the office after the first service. I checked my phone, and then saw the text somebody sent. That just finished me. I went into the second service confused. I had to pretend to be normal because I didn’t want to ruin everybody’s joy. Let me be honest with you, it’s not easy being a Christian now in Nigeria. It’s not easy. It’s even harder being a leader of Christians, because you watch things that otherwise shouldn’t been happening to your own people. And sometimes, you just wonder. It’s not good.

The thing I fear most would happen to me, in my different capacities as a Nigerian, as a pastor and as a Christian leader, is the thought that Christianity could actually be wiped out of this nation. It frightens me to see the way things are going. I pray a day would not come when you hear something like Islamic Republic of Nigeria. And in my own brand of Christianity, I say, God forbid!

I am of very strong opinion that there’s a grand plot to Islamise Nigeria. If there was any time that grand design was true, it’s now. Look at it. Open your eyes and see it. It’s there. It’s on ground. It’s happening before our very eyes.

But we are not going to keep quiet. We are going to be having some meetings to discuss and decide on the way forward for Nigeria and what next for Christianity in Nigeria. Because, if we do not talk to ourselves, and decide on what to do, they would wipe us out. It’s a gradual process. When it happens today, we console ourselves. We say to ourselves, it’s not going to happen tomorrow. It’s not going to stop. Who is benefiting from all these things? Go to Maiduguri. Go to Yobe State. Christians are been slaughtered like animals. And many are running away. Who’s benefiting? Who’s taking over everything? Who? Answer it for yourself.

There’s no unity in Nigeria. We’re pretenders. We’re hypocrites. There’s no unity in Nigeria. There’s none.
Some people have called for a forum such as a sovereign national conference to discuss Nigeria …
I support it. Call it anything. Some don’t like the word, “sovereign.” Some like the word “national.” Some don’t like the word “national,” they don’t like “sovereign.” Call it anything you want, but I think it’s important for all the nationalities in this country to sit down and discuss the project, Nigeria. Let’s talk about it. Let’s talk honestly. Let’s face fact. Let’s agree or disagree.

Let’s agree to stay together or disagree and go apart, peacefully. We don’t have to kill each other. Must we be together? I love for us to be together. Honestly, I believe that Nigeria has more to gain by being together, because part of the greatness of a nation is its diversity. I believe that. I believe we can negotiate ourselves into a very good union. But we’re not there yet. We must do that because we see this thing coming. A group of people cannot gradually take over a place.

You see, when some of us talk, they label us. But let’s face the fact; Tunisia was totally Christian at one time. Don’t you know that? Go and read your history. Turkey that we’re talking about now was completely Christian. There are lots of cities in the New Testament (Bible) that are still there in Turkey. Go through the whole of North Africa; Libya that you’re looking at today was all Christian. This was how it started. Gradually. Gradually, they swept Christianity out.

The ones they couldn’t conquer by force, they conquered by economics. Nigerians should open their eyes wide, because there’s not only a violent jihad going on, there is also an economic, religious and political jihad. All these are happening in this country. I think it’s time for us to start speaking. And that’s why I am talking now, because what happened yesterday (Christmas Day bombing of a church in Niger State) is unacceptable. Totally unacceptable.

Pastor Ayodele Joseph Oritsejafor, founder and senior pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, in oil-rich Warri, Delta State; immediate past president of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), elected president of the Christian Association of Nigeria, last year; the first Pentecostal pastor to hold the position.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by efisher(m): 7:31pm On Jan 01, 2012
Nigeria can never be completely islamized. The "concrete" is set already. It will rather break into pieces.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by Obiagu1(m): 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2012
The grand plot has started.
Before it used to be that Christians and Muslims are equal but now, you hear things like 49.2% Muslims and 47% Christians when no provision was made to actually ascertain the true number of Christians and Muslims in the country including ethnic groups in the last census despite the fact that Christians and some Southern groups pushed for it.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by naijaking1: 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2012
efisher:

Nigeria can never be completely islamized. The "concrete" is set already. It will rather break into pieces.

A very dangerous overconfidence angry
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by houvest: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
We have been saying this forever. Time to talk is now but if you are talking to a wall, what do you do next? Give me freedom or give me death.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by ebor(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2012
The plot is real
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by naijaking1: 9:41pm On Jan 01, 2012
houvest:

We have been saying this forever. Time to talk is now but if you are talking to a wall, what do you do next? Give me freedom or give me death.

Good idea.
I have always wondered why we can't have a referendum on a national religion so as to stop these senseless killings once and for all:
A. Christianity
B. Islam
C. Paganism
D. Neither
E. Both, All?
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by Akanbiedu(m): 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2012
How do you go about this referendum?
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by EarsWide(m): 10:34pm On Jan 01, 2012
Oritsejafor abeg shutup, I bet you are not crying all the way to the bank with the money you have scammed of your victims! Charlatan!
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by texazzpete(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
The same Oritsejafor that told his congregation and the world at large that God brought Uduaghan to power and thus any criticism of Uduaghan is like fighting God. He talks as if he can be trusted.

This man cannot be trusted. He is a friend to the corrupt elite.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by naijaking1: 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2012
Attacking the messanger never works. Please attack address the issue raised about plans to islamise the country. Pastor Oritsejafor never claimed to be perfect in the first place, like many christians he confesses his sins and is happy to be given a second chance via religion. So, let's focus on the very important issue raised, not his person.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by vedaxcool(m): 11:52pm On Jan 01, 2012
[size=18pt]After reading orisejefor comments I also concluded that he had serious mental challenges as some of the points he raised are inconsequential:

he claims Turkey etc were dominantly Christians nations till Islam converted the whole population to Ilsm, we ask the hypocrites wasn't Nigerians generally practicing Animism till Christianity and their white overlords imposed Christianity on the majority of the Country? so why doesn't he then claim that there is a deliberate plot to Christianize the country?

He claims they(Boko Haram) are killing Christians in the north but more Muslims have died from Attacks by Boko Haram than Christian, more Muslims have been displaced than Christians so what exactly was he trying to prove? maybethat he is a hemp smoker grin grin grin grin grin grin

I demand that the nHemp Smoker tells us how Christianity got to Africa and whether we were persuaded or forced, people like these suffer varying degrees off hellucination and mental retardation![/size]
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by EvilBrain1(m): 12:26am On Jan 02, 2012
Of course people are trying to islamise Nigeria. Are Christians not also trying to spread their own faith? If anything, the Christians are the more aggressive of the two religions with their constant carpet-bombing with fliers, stickers and their horrible music. Proselytizing is an essential (and very annoying) feature of all monotheistic religions.

The pastor needs to STFU and stop talking st.upid.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by bilaya(m): 12:55am On Jan 02, 2012
Islamazing Nigeria is impossible because Christians are a majority.They should just forget it.Read this from pew centre for research.

Nigeria is sub-Saharan Africa’s most
populous country and is home to the
region’s largest Christian population. The
West African nation has more than 80
million Christians, who account for about
half of the country’s total population.
There are more Christians in Nigeria than
in any single nation in traditionally
Christian Western Europe. 1 In fact,
Nigeria’s Christian population is nearly the
same size as the total population of
Germany. Nigeria’s Muslim population is
nearly equal to its Christian population;
according to the Pew Forum’s 2011
analysis of the global Muslim population,
there were about 76 million Muslims in
Nigeria in 2010. 2
Because the proportion of Muslims and
Christians in Nigeria is a sensitive political
issue, the national census has not asked
questions about religion since 1963. 3 In
1953, 21.4% of Nigeria’s population was
Christian, 45.3% was Muslim and 33.3%
belonged to other religions, including
African traditional religions. By 1963, the
percentage of the population that belonged
to other religions had declined by 15
points, nearly matching the 13.1- point
increase for Christians. During this same
period, the percentage of Muslims
increased by less than 2 points. 4
Christians have since increased in number
and share to become about half of the
population.
Nigeria’s large Christian community is
diverse. It includes nearly 60 million
Protestants (broadly defined), about 20
million Catholics and more than 750,000
other Christians. All of Christianity’s major
groups have grown in Nigeria since the
1970s, but the growth of pentecostal
churches has been especially dramatic in
recent decades. 5

www. pewforum.org/Christian/Global-Christianity-Nigeria.aspx

www.pewforum.org/Christian/Global-Christianity-africa.aspx

Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by naijaking1: 2:23am On Jan 02, 2012
vedaxcool:

[size=18pt]After reading orisejefor comments I also concluded that he had serious mental challenges as some of the points he raised are inconsequential:

he claims Turkey etc were dominantly Christians nations till Islam converted the whole population to Ilsm, we ask the hypocrites wasn't Nigerians generally practicing Animism till Christianity and their white overlords imposed Christianity on the majority of the Country? so why doesn't he then claim that there is a deliberate plot to Christianize the country?

He claims they(Boko Haram) are killing Christians in the north but more Muslims have died from Attacks by Boko Haram than Christian, more Muslims have been displaced than Christians so what exactly was he trying to prove? maybethat he is a hemp smoker grin grin grin grin grin grin

I demand that the nHemp Smoker tells us how Christianity got to Africa and whether we were persuaded or forced, people like these suffer varying degrees off hellucination and mental retardation![/size]

How could you be so bold as to highlight your ignorance of World history. Of course Turkey, North Africa used to be christians.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by Gboliwe: 6:28am On Jan 02, 2012
Those of us in the north know it long before now.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by hercules07: 6:39am On Jan 02, 2012
Oritsejafor is just a useless individual, Christians and Muslims both go looking for converts, infact Christians do scare you into accepting the religion (hell fire and so on), nobody is trying to islamize anything, the two religions are propagating their beliefs.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 02, 2012
dos the grand noisemaker think christians have the monopoly on plotting for converts?

or is this how the gej administration want him to aid in distracting nigerians from the more pressing issues of n141/litre of petrol?
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 02, 2012
Oritsejafor should shut the hell up and tell us what he thinks about GEJ's Policies. Do men like this actually think they have a chance to make it past Heaven's gates?
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by naijaking1: 12:52pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^
According to christian faith, only God will determine who goes to heaven not men like you. No need attacking the pastor's personality.
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
naijaking1:

^^^
According to christian faith, only God will determine who goes to heaven not men like you. No need attacking the pastor's personality.

LMAO. OK, check it out: YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

This deceitful bigot is who you call a pastor? Yall's mentality in that Nigeria sef. . . . Smh
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
There's deceit everywhere. even Pastor na deceiver. smh
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by naijaking1: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
kingoflag:

LMAO. OK, check it out: YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

This deceitful bigot is who you call a pastor? Yall's mentality in that Nigeria sef. . . . Smh

No need to be abusive this early in 2012 grin
No one is asking you to attend his church, or have lunch with him, the point is that he makes a powerful point. No amount of childish snipping will detract from that.
It will be nice to attack the man's idea, not the man embarassed
Re: There's A Grand Plot To Islamise Nigeria-pastor Oritsejafor by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 03, 2012
naijaking1:

No need to be abusive this early in 2012 grin
No one is asking you to attend his church, or have lunch with him, the point is that he makes a powerful point. No amount of childish snipping will detract from that.
It will be nice to attack the man's idea, not the man embarassed

When that Ogogoro we you shack just before 2012 clock in clear for your eyes, you go obey wetin I talk come sharrap and listen. You Pastor is a bigot and I will attack him anyway I see fit. Since katakata buss yesterday, what has your revered preacher said to show that he's in solidarity with the common man?

Abeg, shift jo. . . . .

(1) (Reply)

Naija Minister Disgraced In New York. / IBB, Abubakar, Atiku, Others In Secret Meeting •strategise For 2015 / Governor Danbaba Suntai's Brain Damage And Political Cover-up: The Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.