Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy (10545 Views)

Boko Haram Targets Guardian, Daily Trust / Boko Haram Targets Wole Soyinka For Assassination / Boko Haram Targets Aso Rock And Wants JTF Withdrawn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by 4wheel: 10:52am On Jan 02, 2012
Boko Haram targets US embassy

THE notorious Islamic sect, Boko Haram, has taken its violent campaign to the united States enclave with a mission to bomb its embassy.

http://www.momentng.com/en/news/5759/boko-haram-targets-us-embassy.html

By Aruga Joe Omokaro, Lagos

THE notorious Islamic sect, Boko Haram, appears unrelenting in its campaign of violence despite the scathing criticisms that have trailed its activities, especially last Sunday’s Christmas day attack on a church in Madalla, Niger State, killing over 40 worshippers.

This time, the sect is said to be plotting to attack the diplomatic missions of the United States of America in Nigeria.

Security sources hinted The Moment On Sunday during the week that the White House is in possession of intelligence reports indicating that the next target of Boko Haram are the US formations in Lagos.

The Barrack Obama administration is among the harshest critics of Boko Haram and recent reports spoke of America’s willingness to assist the Nigerian government in battling the group.

On the receipt of the signals, the American seat of power was said to have promptly alerted the US ambassador to Nigeria, Terence P. McCulley, advising him to ensure that the police fortifies security around all US diplomatic missions and investments in Nigeria.

The ambassador, in turn, reportedly alerted its Consul-General in Lagos, who wasted no time in alerting the Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) in charge of Zone 2, Police Command, comprising Lagos and Ogun states, Mr. Chris Ola.

A letter dated December 29, 2011 and signed by the Regional Consulate Security Officer (names withheld) warned of ‘a serious threat to US missions in Nigeria’.

It requested for more armed policemen to fortify all US missions and investments in Lagos. The letter was said to have specifically mentioned Walter Carrington Street and another US office in Ikoyi Lagos.

Investigations by The Moment On Sunday revealed that the AIG has promptly taken action to fortify the missions, after marathon meetings with different security agencies on Friday.

Our investigations further revealed that more security personnel from both the police and the military were on Friday deployed to all US and British formations in Lagos. In particular, personnel from the Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), Anti-Bomb Squad and plainclothes detectives, are said to be among those keeping vigil at the foreign missions.

Efforts to get the AIG to speak on the Boko Haram threat and the action being taken to prevent it were unsuccessful.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by homerac7: 11:01am On Jan 02, 2012
Maybe we should finally annexe our govt to them since they obviously do our security duties for us now. grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by xterra2(m): 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2012
This one na lie jor
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
All this people self, they never know when to stop
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by ceejay80s(m): 2:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
Wetin concern boko haram with US embassy? E be like say dem wan start fight wey dem no fit finish
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
if i were GEJ, soveriegn national conference fliers will be out tonite!
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
This one is na BFL (Big fat lie) lmao

Obama just issue directive straight to AIG for Lagos GBAM just like that. ediotz
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
all these media reporting rubbish. what about the Mossad and CIA Gej called in on Oct 1st bombings? where are they? what are they doing? your useless news are all part of the system of corruption.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by AjCityOne: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
Distraction, Distraction, Distraction!!!!!!!

FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL

JOHNATHAN MUST GO!!!
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
Bokoharam have proven that they can go as far as possible to accomplish their goals and objectives, whatever that means. It's obvious the government can't do nothing to stop these people. All countries will have to close their foreign missions in Nigeria and evacuate their pesonnel because a war is imminent.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Samoo01: 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
This is balderdash.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
US Embassy? dem no fit.  grin grin grin grin I dare Boko Haram, na 2day. Dem no fit. Abegi make we talk beta. Nonsense! cheesy cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Ymodulus: 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
Gosh!!!!! My friend works their. Infact hez among the security operatives. He said there is nothing going on. What i dont get is, are u lieing or my friend (i trust him like madt But u see on security issues dey may b secretive a bit). But he is trusted
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Ndkings1(m): 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
This pple get liva ooo.
They wan stat wetin no fit finish.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by victorazy(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
I pray dey will try it even blow knockout close that Garki 10 area make dem "Americans" come and enslave us again so that I will have d opportunity to go and see my Drake tell him about my album.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Kushite: 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
I dey laf .  I wish Fela was alive, his views on Boko Haram go make us laf taya . This Boko haram na arrangeee ment from some people If you mention their name na you Sabi.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by ogbongzky(m): 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
, but this is not ehat we pray for in 2012 na?
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
I wonder y u guyz tink dis is a hoax or an empty threat(though i pray so). There is a SENSE in evry NONSENSE. These guyz are tryin 2 DOUBLE-CROSS someone here. They jst want 2 draw attention 2 some other things so as to allow dem BOMB d exact location without stress!!
NIGERIANS, WATCH AND PRAY!!![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by guonno: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
Muslims are behind these all. War is inevitable.

[center] MARK IT! [/center]
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by daroz(m): 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2012
I hope the boko haram can really dare it. But I swear, they can't. Cos dat will mark d beginning of their bloody end. Them wan die?
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by temmytanny(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
Their treat to me i s distraction. They cant even near any of US and UK consulate not to talk of doing anything there. Its empty treat jare
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by IrunmoleD1: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
These BH boys sef are not serious. He be like say the fuel price increase no concern them . Na treath wey go put them for more trouble na em dem dey make. I wonder why dem no annouce say dem wan com bomb church for xmas dey,
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by LEXYLOV: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
Oh Thank God. Good move by BH. But why saying it first nah ? they should just go there quickly and do it and thereafter claiming responsibility. So that American can unleash fleet of Drones, Apache, F35 etc on them and help them a quick journey to hell. undecided
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Basics007: 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2012
My problem with BH is that they aint targeting the right people. In what way did the ordinary Nigerian goin about his business offend them? People are just tryin to feed their family and you are killin them. Can't they attack Jonathan's convoy or make a detour to the NASS complex and test their popularity with the populace?
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by OmoTier1(m): 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
xterra2:

This one na lie jor

Look this is no lie dude, I was with my nephew who is a US citizen at the US consulate in Lagos few weeks back, and this was confirmed! All the office complex previously close to the Consulate are completely shut, the top part of the consulate building has go men on spy camera looking at the waters opposite the consulate building 24/7. I was stopped from using my smart/pad on advice of security threat from Boko Haram.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Cogent: 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2012
Why o Why?
Sposors of Boko Haram, it is enough o!!!!!!!!!
People are hating Jonathan, you can stop the killing now.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by OmoTier1(m): 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
LEXYLOV:

Oh Thank God. Good move by BH. But why saying it first nah ? they should just go there quickly and do it and thereafter claiming responsibility. So that American can unleash fleet of Drones, Apache, F35 etc on them and help them a quick journey to hell. undecided  
You seems not to understand that this Boko Haram is a loosed movement with no apparent leadership! Will the F35 and all your fancy fighters bomb the Senate? Or has it not done on you that a wing of Boko Haram have a base in the Senate and most likely House of Reps
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by OmoTier1(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
diluminati:

all these media reporting rubbish. what about the Mossad and CIA Gej called in on Oct 1st bombings? where are they? what are they doing? your useless news are all part of the system of corruption.
Who do you think is now in charge of Aso rock security?, guy, it wasnt just rumor mill by the press, this one is 100% true mate, I won't say more than that, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by chivo: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
Such claims is practically what is called false flag propaganda designed to achieve a purpose which is simply displaying their ability to predict events through their intelligents angency (C.I.A ,F.B.I and other security contractors like Black waters and so on. Therefore if at all they may be right, my question is, why didn't they predict Madalla bombing and perhahs help in preventing it.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by IYANGBALI: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
where is my husband JACK BAUER? grin grin grin ;Dkill dem all.
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by KokoBeware: 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
Look this is no lie dude, I was with my nephew who is a US citizen at
the US consulate[b] in Lagos few weeks back,[/b] and this was confirmed!
All the office complex previously close to the Consulate are
completely shut, the top part of the consulate building has go men on
spy camera looking at the waters opposite the consulate building
24/7. I was stopped from using my smart/pad on advice of security
threat from Boko Haram.
bross its on sunday the article says Obama administration communicated to d AIG oooo,
So those were jst normal security procedures
Re: Boko Haram Targets Us Embassy by Cogent: 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2012
Why o Why?
Sposors of Boko Haram, it is enough o!!!!!!!!!
People are hating Jonathan, you can stop the killing now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Declares Detention Of Bala Mohammed Unlawful, Awards Him N5M / Trump's Govt Lawyers Charge Buhari & Buratai To The ICC In The Hague. / Anambra Man, Emmanuel Nwafor Arrested Over Attack On Ajali Police Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.