Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! (22927 Views)

Fuel Sold 86 Naira Per Litre In Ekiti / The Subsidy Question: Fuel Will Sell For N40 A Litre - vanguard / Fuel Crisis : How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel At Your Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Abayomin70(m): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
lukkie:

Another dumb post.

-They have the underground rail system which makes transportation affordable. We use 14-seat danfo here.
-Their govt consciously discourage people from using their cars since there are better alternatives.
-They have constant power. Every family here generates power using generators.
-Minimum wage is incomparable with ours.
-Unemployment rate is far lower.

It's not a must to post, ol boy.

GOD BLESS U,u said it all , na bye force to post on nairaland
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
Poster, please go to school. You need to be more exposed. You do not go to school to learn about y= mx+c alone. Did you mix with people at school (The fact that you were able to most in English shows that you have had some formal education)? Did you discuss issues? Political, economic, social? If you did you would not have posted such a daft post.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by daberechim: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
thor, how much do you buy full chicken in UK? in UK do you produce oil? dont you have well organized transport system? dont you have light? dont you have good medical system?

tell me which one you have in Nigeria even with your money to pay.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by jswagg4(m): 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2012
Whoever started this is such a ""retarded slowpoke""!!! Dont you know that you cant just carelessly and shamelessly compare prices of both countries? So many factors are involved,eg:Inflation,unemployment,minimum wage,currency strength,accessibility to PMS,etc!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Gozzzy(m): 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ poster, u ar an incompetent pathetic ignoramus!! Can u compare rate of joblessness in both countries? Can u compare the minimum wage in both countries? Or can u compare d cost of living in both countries? If ur brain has run short of what to give ur mouth,then i suggest u keep ur stinking trap shut!!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by freecocoa(f): 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
Oh I didn't even see OP's location before.

Op take the award of the dumbest person to come online today,I'm sure nobody can post anything more silly than this. HEDIOT.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
LOL, He no sabi wetin dey happen for here. Why dem put am for home page sef. embarassed
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by ndukwejoe(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
Who said that? You are a product of leaking conduct. No make me talk. Can you compare our economy and theirs.think.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by manny4life(m): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
You guys should please stop abusing OP, OP is indeed right but he failed to grasp the concept of economic disparities amongst nations. Ask someone in the U.S. who earns minimum wage of $7.35/hr @120 monthly how the increase of $0.30 in the price of fuel affects him/her. They will tell you that they too moan about it.

That was so WRONG to compare these two economies together. Even I in the U.S. feel for those poor folks back home because I know an increase to fuel price here, people ditch their cars for bicycles, trains (expensive fare but better) let alone where people earn less than $120 monthly minimum wage, I think fuel should be FREE sef.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by iDo3: 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2012
@OP
Only a fool would compare the UK situation to Nigeria.

People please note not all Nigerians in diaspora are out of touch with reality - we come home and have family at home. This fuel subsidy issue will also reach our pocket book.

Even if economically needed in the long run, the price could have been raised by 5 or 10 naira per month allowing a year or two for the economy to grow and people to adjust to the rise.  

I wonder why this country is cursed with bad leadership for the past 40 years - each administration getting worse??
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by scribble: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
[b][/b] Please leave all these jokers. nI ear the UK has passed new immigration/migration laws revoking the Visa of everyone in the UK who is earning less then 35000 sterling. When these clowns start coming home en masse, then they will see how easy it is for themselves.

I dey LAFF
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Basics007: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
OP must surely be trolling cos noone would dare bring such as retarded topic when emotions are running so high.
@OP. As somebody said be4 and i repeat,if you really meant this then ko ni daa fun e. And if you are trolling,this is not the time for such silly jokes
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Sirsuky(m): 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
poster u are walking beyond d boundary of common sense if not so how can u post useless tin lyk dat don't u know that not all state are payin the minimum wage apart from that wat of those market woman that have children in university and those that sponsoring he or her self to school? can they survive?
plzzzzzzzzz mature
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Remii(m): 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
scribble:

Please leave all these jokers. nI ear the UK has passed new immigration/migration laws revoking the Visa of everyone in the UK who is earning less then 35000 sterling. When these[b] clowns[/b] start coming home en masse, then they will see how easy it is for themselves.

I dey LAFF

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

leave the guy alone. those london guys wey shabi trek almost half of the distance wey dem they go so.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by purefella(m): 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
@OP you are bastard a big bastard , you are comparing Nigeria to other countries with good roads , stable electricity , good security and there minimum wage is 6 times Nigeria minimum wage , , why should this stupid talk be on the front page?? the problem is this most people can afford it without complaining including myself but why we are complaining is because the armed robbers in town will increase 10 times endangering lives of those who can afford the stuff and a lot other evil stuffs will be carried out , more people will give up to get money through rituals , don't you get it or you think all people complaining are poor?
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by manny4life(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2012
Yall should take it easy on the cussing, haba, OP was probably pulling legs or perhaps just wanted to play mind ame with yall. Everyone is angry and furious, don't let it get over you. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by misterh(m): 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
The poster seems ignorant of situation in Nigeria, It will be a great error in trying to compare the 2 countries. @op, does UK produce oil? My problem with ds govt is dat though they have promised to use proceeds from the subsidy to better our lives, but even the ones budgeted for d betterment of lives have not been judiciously utilised- it's like giving a thief more opportunity to steal,
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Fhemmmy: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
Would be so nice if we could just exchange views and not insults . . . . Just my 2 cents, the dude might not even understand what he is saying
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2012
The poster of this topic is a damn stupid fool. This is the most daft and dump comparison I've every read.
Just like another poster stated, some fools in diaspora are not in touch with the present realities on ground.
Compare Nigeria with other OPEC members.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by victorazy(m): 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
How many crude dey get?
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by feyiona(m): 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
@OP Why not stop and think before you post nonsense i Britain the only thing you need petrol for is the cars. And the transport system is  so good u can predict the buses and trains. There is social security and all.  In Nigeria what do we have nothing you need fuel for everything light work cars everything public transportation is a mess minimum wage cannot support the fuel increase. If you think this is sensible why are u in UK and not here.
Mtcheww!!!!!!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Fhemmmy: 4:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
opal4real:

The poster of this topic is a damn silly fool. This is the most daft and dump comparison I've every read.
Just like another poster stated, some fools in diaspora are not in touch with the present realities on ground.
Compare Nigeria with other OPEC members.

Even such comparison still wont work . . .  You wanna compare Nigeria with S.Arabia in terms of what?
Even our leader died there cos we have no functioning health system
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by omoajiri(m): 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
@OP,guy e don dey madt.
U dey compare UK wt Naija! I laugh in tiv language.
Asiwere buruku.
Jst giv us an analysis of how much is the minimum wage,gas pump price,average cost of living,rent,healthcare and transportation of some1 earning the minimum wage in the UK & compare it wt a Nigerian on 18k/mnth,working in victoria island and living in abule_egba(a suburb in lagos),he has a family of 4 kids all in school & a wife,a generator,cost of healthcare,house rent,transport,feeding etc.
Na den u go undstnd.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by paparazy09(m): 4:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Thor,
i don't know how we reason most times.how on earth can you compare Uk to Nigeria.Does Uk produce oil? Uk is an organised society where electricity runs 24hrs,they have good roads,good schools, security,good transport system,employment level more than 80%,u name it! So if they sell for 500 naira equivalent,their citizens will buy cos their govt has put their basic needs in place for them.
Are these things in place for the average Nigerian?What do Nigerians benefit from this mad entity sef? The only thing is this subsidy and now it's off. And u dare say Uk sells so so per litre! Pls,don't,don't and don't compare Nigeria to the west.There is simply no basis for comparison. Chikena!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by yomz1e(m): 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
I arrived in Nija on the 26th of December  from the UK and the petrol was still 65N, which i was quite happy with considering the amount we have to pay in the UK,  last-night as usual sis inlaw called to say there is petrol scarcity , immediately we went out to top up on petrol for gas and gen knowing that Nepa will never fail in their quest for darkness in the land of Nigeria. we got to a local garage and  huge amount of cars parked in the streets all empty only to be told all the drivers has  their petrol Jerry cans queuing up at the petrol tank, we proceeded forward and there was the usual chaos between the people on the queue and okadas, danfo drivers, and street traders arguing on who's turn it is. the petrol  garage station manager got vexed and decided to stop selling fuel triggering more ruckus reaction. we eventually bail out and decided to try black market, as we got their , the woman selling it had already raised her price to 80N, when it was out turn, she must have sensed a good way to make profit and she jerked it  up to 90N and only a limited litre you can buy, before we left their she had raised it up to 120N. she too decided to stop selling as the queue was getting longer.  we went home and filled the gen with the little we had, thankfully Nepa didn't fumble until 2.30am, so we rode it out till like 4am when the heat was unbearable.
got up this morning decided to try NNPC, upon getting there, were rows of parked tankers and the usual touts selling stolen black market fuel for 300% the market price  right in front of the NNPC, God help us,  anyways back to the foolish guy who started this thread about how Nigerians should not complain, i  will like to start with this,  its heartless people like you that are ruining Nigeria, don't give 2 4uks about the people. I too leave in the UK and the general view on fuel prices is not good and atleast the UK govt spend the money on what the people can see and feel. In Nigeria its the total opposite. As a Nigerian i feel so vexed within my spirit that the people have been so suppressed that they don't know the power of their votes. we just accept it.  I also empathized with the govt only if they deliver and use the money the right way. Right now tgheir only justification for raising the price is we " we have one of the cheapest petrol prices in the world so therefor we should not complain if it goes up"  use the revenue generated which is about $8billion the right way and people will forget the price hike but in Nigeria thats like seeing a pig fly. On this note i will sign off so i will have to cancel those runs with the Unilag girls, Oniru beach and Elegushi , what a wasted trip! Nigeria i hail thee
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
This one just dey look for cheap attention,

UK GDP per capita =        $36,119
Nigeria GDP per capita = $1,541

Olodo rabata.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by buzugee(m): 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
i bet after all the comments, OP wishes he can delete this post grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
@OP
You are definitely stupid. First of all, you must realize that crude oil is our main natural resource and as such should not be as highly priced as it is. Secondly, you should not compare us to the UK because their minimum wage, standard of living and inflation rate is different from ours.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by onenija: 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
Some people can be very stupid and cannot reason with their head. How can you compare UK with Nigeria? The have other alternate to road transport, they have good infrastructures, good road, good education system, no power failure etc.
Why would the poor masses pay for Govt. inefficiency?  The should fix our refineries we have no business importing refined products.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by fetedelamu: 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2012
Mr thor, u must either be a millionaire or just insensitive to the plight of the common nigerian. Is per capita income in uk and nigeria the same? Do u have the same magnitude of corruption by politicians?Do u have unemployment welfare benefits in nigeria? Do u even have a functioning and effective govt? Do u trust the govt that this money will be properly channeled to the masses when the precendence of fishing out the corrupt business moguls who benefitd from the subsidy via smuggling and round tripping? Haba, mr thor what is good for the goose isnt always good for the 'Naija'! Pls dont be offended. I only beg to differ.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by freecocoa(f): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2012
Walahi OP will be regretting for opening this thread,that's if he hasn't fainted from all the cussing.
OP next time think,even ask questions before opening a thread on NL cos the insults from NLers can drive you to contemplate killing yourself instead of committing suicide.
Bombastik element like you.
[center][/center] grin tongue
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by enyhss(m): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2012
This is one of the most uninspiring & totally absurd point of reasoning ever! How could you have compared these two different societies and put them on same

measuring scale?

It's bothersome to see & read some people's comments on this medium, most especially some Nigerians living abroad. I generally like to refrain from use of foul

language on the Internet, but I think It would be safe to say the  OP is a slowpoke!

By the way, It would be out of point to think or assume that all Nigerians in Diaspora think or reason the way this guy does. Not at all !
[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tony Blair Meet Governor El-rufai - Photos / Femi Adesina: FG Not Interested In Naming, Shaming Terrorism Financiers / Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.