Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? (18083 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Orblonde: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
The masses are being exploited by a elites who have benefited from the subsidies. Why have we not protested on other important matters?
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by slam7000(m): 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal?
« #92 on: Today at 07:00:41 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 yrs ago i forsaw this coming and i prayed to God almighty, father i do not want money, a car, not even education, no money, clothes or any such material thing apart from life and to get me a visa to Gods own country.

God answered my prayer after 19yrs, here in houston texas i drive on smooth road without dust punching into my ear or eyes. i do not have all the money in the world but i sleep without fear and wake up without fear, i am achieving all of my dreams in life, i also know that my children would have a wonderful future,

After making my decision i called on some of my friends to tell them what i forsaw about nigeria in the next 20yrs…………….some dropped out from school and saved some money withing 7yrs and left for places like the bahamas, belgium, austria, south africa, finland, sweden, ireland…………some where very lucky and got a visa to the three best countries to make it and live in the world….united states, canada, australia…….today some of the are lawyers, nurses, doctors, cleaners…………about %90 of them have all reached sucess in those countries …….
only about %10 of those who told me that nigeria would be good by 2000 have succeeded in nigeria today……………20yrs down the road my village is still the same……., no water, bad road, no security, everybody living in fear….
Only the rich can claim to be secured in nigeria today…………If the rich believed that nigeria will be good why are the sending their kids abroad…………, if our pastors believe that nigeria will turn a new leaf in few yrs why are they sending their kids abroad………,

I know some people are arguing that this will save nigeria in the future, i am sorry for this group of people with such thoughts, you think a corrupt government cares what people like you think,

western countries can make such quick changes because there is always alternatives but not a nation like nigeria, it is true that things are not %100 of how it used to be in europe and the united states, but the minimum wage in the united states have not changed, every american student is still being giving scholarship and grants, unemployment benefits, grants, it is lazy americans who wants white collar jobs that are suffering,
nigerians are hard working and talented, we have seen it in nollywood and the rise of the pentecostal churches

In conclusion,, i want to say that except there is a blood bath revolution in nigeria, africa will remain a shame even in 50yrs,

revolutions took place in east africa because the are muslims, they are ready to die,

@love4ual, with guys like u living comfortably in far away houston,USA,australia and canada,who are the people who will waste their blood in revolutions.u guys need to come back and join the fight.people living back home in nigeria are not EXPENDABLES.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Pain(m): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
Some of the youth activists at the forefront of the Nationwide Anti-Fuel Subsidy Removal group in Facebook have been arrested by Jonathan's Secret Police. We will not be watered down by this weak action of a drowning administration. Please even if you are afraid of coming out into the open, you can still ensure that you throw international focus on this injustice by airing your dissatisfaction on global news media like Aljazeera and CNN etc

Please follow link to the "Stream" on Aljazeera here:

http://www.facebook.com/AJStream
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nadanbata: 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
Whole govt needs to be toppled. Not Just this fuel subsidy. look at disgraceful 2012 budget $16000 dollars a day on food for GEJ. see this guy,
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
Those who protest subsidy removal are anti-economic growth !!!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Duke007(m): 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
, hmm,am watching th scenario,
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by BetaThings: 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
LeoMax:

Those who protested against Mubarak were anti-stability!!!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Pain(m): 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
Nadanbata:

Whole govt needs to be toppled. Not Just this fuel subsidy. look at disgraceful 2012 budget $16000 dollars a day on food for GEJ. see this guy,

Dont worry. We made a mistake, but the good thing is that it can be corrected. The president cannot stand against 80 million youths!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Pain(m): 8:18pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^Dont mind the likes of @LeoMax. They have no opinion of their own. They are just zombies of the voodoo economics of the likes of Sanusi & Ngozi: text book theorists totally disconnected from the masses. The real economics can only be witnessed on the streets and table tops of the masses!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by BetaThings: 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
Orblonde:

The masses are being exploited by a elites who have benefited from the subsidies. Why have we not protested on other important matters?

So only the elites bought fuel for N65 per litre two days ago?
And important matters like not qualifying for African Cup of Nations?
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Finland(m): 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
LeoMax:

You have a down syndrome and no doubt about that. Get a medical help!
Where are the money for the subsidy taken off from N20 to N65? Was is accounted for? was it not the same old story of corruption we are listening to? If you think the $8 billion would improve the economy in anyway then you are a deceiving yourself.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Bawss1(m): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
Where are the protesters?
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
Why does suen and his moderators keep deleting my post?

I am sick and tired of Seun and his moderators either deleting or hiding my posts, most especially when it relates to anti government issues.

If Seun knows he has been paid by this present government to only make the present administration look good then he should tell us so we don't waste our energy and resources posting our opinions on this site.

As for the Moderators, you can only silence my opinions from being head on Suen's nairaland and not in the real world.

*Nonsense*
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
At the end of the day,its only muslims that can protest till end truly for the sake of Allah and He will surely aid them.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Cogent: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
Just wantrd to comment that some protesters were arrested today.
I saw it on AIT news not long ago.

E don red for Nigerians be that.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by misterh(m): 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
One of my problems with the subsidy palava is dat even the money originally budgeted for roads, education, health, water, power et al have been embezzled with impunity, so what'll stop them from embezzling the proceeds from d subsidy removal? It's like giving a thief more opportunity/money to steal. Moreover, i heard that there was no subsidy in the first place,
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by oladele7: 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
Most of the information on this forum need to be veted before uploading. Nobody is gathering at Eagle square in Abuja. I was there to join the struggle only to find nobody. Oga ooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by BetaThings: 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^
Are you sure you are not saying this to discourage people?
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by oladele7: 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Beta things) I live less than 1km to that place, so i can even treck to confirm. Nothing is happening. i hope tmr something will happen. thanks
\
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Gentleboby: 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
Most of the information on this forum need to be veted before uploading. Nobody is gathering at Eagle square in Abuja. I was there to join the struggle only to find nobody. Oga ooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join what ?

We should worry over many things but not fuel at all, compare Nigeria with other countries in the world you see too much different i don't know why Nigerians always ask for thing they do not need imagine the is thing you can see and buy let forget about the price, you forgot that you been paying for NEPA maintenance bill yet no light , no good road, no good hospital, no railway etc

Go to Niger Delta you see a lot of oil well and veseil own by our former military leaders used to export crude to abroad what is your reaction towards that ?
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Finland(m): 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
oladele7:

Cowardly Nigeria!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ignis: 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2012
We av to come out en mass and protest.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Demdem(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
Finland:

Cowardly Nigeria!

Actually there was. They were scattered by the men in black. Got the info minutes ago from channels tv.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by yiladogo: 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Sirniyeh,
Guy don't you live in this country? If the Minimum Wage increases then price of everything will increase and the cycle continues. That's one of the reasons no matter how much money labour receives no body can change social class. The poor are poor and the rich are rich.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by foufou: 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
Wrong timing for the removal of subsidy. I wonder why Jonathan could not wait till after workers have received their January salary so that they will be somehow prepared for the hike? His action appears deceitful! More deceitful is the comparison of GSM deregulation with fuel deregulation. GSM is a luxury which many people can afford not to possess, especially in remote parts of the country. But fuel is a necessity which affects everybody in every part of the country and so, cannot be ignored. Another deceit is that the stock of fuel which is now being sold at N139/litre was brought in before December and subsidy paid by government. So why are marketers not compelled to sell at N65/ litre? I bet you all, further steps being taken by Jonathan on this matter such as setting up a Committee to dialogue with Labour will all be to deceive Nigerians!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by member479760: 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
Who wan't die for nothing! protest - for where!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by seunlayi(m): 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
naija no be Libya, we want to live, even if it is thru suffering and smilling

1 Like

Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
-
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Beaf: 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
savar:

Please Share

Video Footage of Police Officer's Attempt To Snatch Protest Register

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Um4nLLzjxDs

The register was finally siezed and Dino Melaye arrested.
I would advise everyone to watch that video to see how tiny the protest was, there is no point risking your life without a plan.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by koruji(m): 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
Obviously, you people do not understand the resolve of Nigerians when they are pushed too far.

This is just the beginning.

Beaf:

I would advise everyone to watch that video to see how tiny the protest was, there is no point risking your life without a plan.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by koruji(m): 11:59pm On Jan 02, 2012
You keep gloating over the accumulating illegality by the GEJ government. It is going to catch up to everyone involved.

People are signing a register, and a policeman had the temerity to come around to take it - PLEASE PROVIDE A LAWFUL REASON FOR THIS from your stable of knowledge. angry angry angry

savar:

Please Share

Video Footage of Police Officer's Attempt To Snatch Protest Register

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Um4nLLzjxDs
Beaf:

Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by aletheia(m): 12:13am On Jan 03, 2012
koruji:

Obviously, you people do not understand the resolve of Nigerians when they are pushed too far.

This is just the beginning.
^
The beginning of what? An Egyptian or Tunisian style mass uprising?

Who will take the lead? You? Or others who keep venting on NL and Facebook? Not likely.

Here's the likely scenario that will unfold.

Traditionally in situations such as this, Nigerians have looked up to NLC to provide leadership and direction. Of course NLC (which leaders are part of the elite consensus that subsidy should go) will as usual talk tough and threaten. . .will call a general strike.

The strike will last about three or so days. . .maybe a week and a half maximum while "negotiations" with the FG go on, then Labor will announce that they are "suspending" the strike for a period of maybe "six" months or so. . .while they watch if Government will make good on its palliative measures. Labor will agree to be part of the committee to monitor implementation of "subsidy savings".

. . .and so will end the "great Nigerian revolution" of 2012. A "revolution" that was spawned and died on Internet forums and social networks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Seizes Ngozi Olojeme's 46 Properties Over N68bn Fraud / Immigration Jobs: Oshiomhole Accuses Jonathan, Abba Moro Of Defrauding Nigerians / Buhari Will Have To Beg Fela For Jailing Him — Yeni Kuti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.