Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? (18081 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Rossikk(m): 2:41am On Jan 03, 2012
The funny thing here is that those castigating Nigerians for lacking the balls to protest, are themselves on the internet typing away.  grin grin They think their own comfort and personal security is more important than others'.  cool cool
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by londoner: 3:03am On Jan 03, 2012
Every citizen has the right to protest, even if many (including me) thinks it may come to nothing. Who knows, maybe I will be proved wrong.

If the protest was a holistic one against corruption in general and excessive spending of Nigeria's leaders, I would have more faith in it.

This is a knee jerk reaction, and once the government compromise a bit, it will quieten down protests. I think the government already know this.

The same way that people protested with the "enough is enough" rallies.

As soon as GEJ was made acting president, it went away. This was even though the issues of corruption etc still remained.

I do think the sudden price hike will be hard for many to bear, especially if they were already struggling. I think GEJ's plan is to negotiate at some point.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by jascon1(m): 7:36am On Jan 03, 2012
9ja we have a long way to go, how can we stand and stare at a few ppl fighting for the interest of all solidarity is the key, lets come as one and save 9ja for posterity, same ppl who oppressed our grannies will oppress our lineage for generations if we dont unite as one to purge them out of power. our govt. has failed and we cant sit and watch in discomfort, give a voice, a hand, money, aid whatever to those in the forefront, for in no time we will be the next.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by okdaniel(m): 7:40am On Jan 03, 2012
Some months ago some people said, " Luck is weak, he is not decisive
and firm on issues of National concern" . Today he has taken a stand on fuel
subsidy, sure this is something some other presidents will not dare to do.
Do U think this is a way to show Nigerians that he is powerful and very decisive?

Nigerians who will speak for us? Gov. Osho, Br Reuben , Sis Dora , Sis Iwe , Pst B , this list can be endless.
Are we sure we should not all come out to speak for our-selves?
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ojinkpo: 7:55am On Jan 03, 2012
You are fool,who will pay minimum wage to illitrate poor nigerians.you fool
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Pain(m): 7:56am On Jan 03, 2012
Please keep the outside world informed on the most reliable news media devoid of western influence here
http://www.facebook.com/AJStream
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by nagoma(m): 8:38am On Jan 03, 2012
Do U think this is a way to show Nigerians that he is powerful and very decisive?

Being wicked , inconsiderate and anti -people is not being decisive. Let him tackle corruption head on then we can say that he is decisive. The Nigerian people are subsidizing for the extravagace of the ruling class, there is nothing heroic about this.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by nagoma(m): 8:39am On Jan 03, 2012

Being wicked , inconsiderate and anti -people is not being decisive. Let him tackle corruption head on then we can say that he is decisive. The Nigerian people are subsidizing for the extravagace of the ruling class, there is nothing heroic about this.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by bryston(m): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2012
dis our country na wa oooooooo. i think revolution is the best. we should take our stance and fight lets control and organise our selves. as for me im ready at any time. dis is our heritage. He that fights and run away lives to fight another day.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by purplekayc(m): 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
The funny thing here is that those castigating Nigerians for lacking the balls to protest, are themselves on the internet typing away. They think their own comfort and personal security is more important than others'.

i hope you are right there now with the protesters now?

most nigerian only get enu ,
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by otokx(m): 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2012
What is new from the eagle square now?
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by nwafeje: 10:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
some nigerians reason from their yansh, thats why they are against the fuel subsidy removal protest. how has our surplus crude money been used, the so called cabals has any of them been prosecuted? or are they not bound by our constitution? we should stop deceiving ourselves sub removal is not the solution
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Horus(m): 12:24am On Jan 04, 2012
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAipvp7V6Dc&feature=player_embedded#![/flash]

Nigerian fuel protests heat up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Benue Community Again, 7 Feared Dead / PDP Chieftain, Cairo Ojougbo Reveals How Chibok Girls Release Failed Under GEJ / South East Governors Push Legal Backing For Ebubeagu As Joint Security Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.