Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? (18080 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by MarcAnthon(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
freecocoa:

I don't blame you at all, anumanu.

The only thing I don't like about "protests" is that many people will get injured or even lose their lives.

People may get injured or die dear, but there's no gain without pain, right? Imagine a situation where we all just sit down and allow this to go on because we don't want anyone to get injured or die. . . ultimately people will die - from hunger and starvation. Egypt, Tunisia and Libya lost people but they all brought down the oppressive regimes they had. At least they can start over again. Let's learn to fight for what we believe in and damn the possible consequences. Let us make them understand, crucially, that sovereignty belongs to us - the people.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by mratom: 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
every people of nigeria most occupied the eagle square like egyptian did at tahrir square, this evil GEJ and his co, they dont like the people of this country, we cant survive with out fuel subsidy, GEJ RESING OR BE IMPEACH,
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Kushite: 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
kokoA:

Thunder fire that your mouth wey you use speak that abomination! Taahhhh!

Bliss4Lyfe:

Same Eagle Square bombed on independence? Boko is about to have a field day. Dey should apply wisdom.
yd849ja:

So it's so cheap right? Your father must be Aliko Dangote. ! Do you know how much it goes for in Venezuela, a country with almost the same crude oil capacity as Nigeria. Please get informed and stop spewing utter rubbish.
Baba_Eleko:

@kushshit. . . Do you have any idea how much fuel is being sold in other oil producing countries? You already got the crown for the f00l of 2012 for not using your brain. Sorry u don't even had one at first.

why are you guys angry at my statement, i am only stating what i believe in and that's the essence of this forum so fu**k  y'all, you all will die of some undiagnosable  illness.  this all so goes to those i did not include their quotes here.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by 9jaIhail(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
Quote from: freecocoa on Today at 03:15:27 PM

[b]
The only thing I don't like about "protests" is that many people will get injured or even lose their lives.
[/b]

NNE OMA FREE COCOA YOU ARE ON POINT ADA OMA. I HAVE BEEN CRYING FOR THE LIFE OF THOSE WHO WERE BOMB ON XMAS DAY I DON'T WANT TO CRY ANYMORE
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by otokx(m): 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
what is the latest?
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
Naaa, I don't believe the crowd. Nigerians haven't suffered enough. It is ingrained in them to embrace suffering with a hearty warmness. They like it. Their resilience to adverse conditions still run strong.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
Kushite:

why are you guys angry at my statement, i am only stating what i believe in and that's the essence of this forum so fu**k  y'all, you all will die of some undiagnosable  illness.  this all so goes to those i did not include their quotes here.
why na? i guess u are an oldie in a newbie skin. whats ur real handle?
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by rahamAllah: 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
Is it gonna work?
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Finland(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

[b]
[/b]

NNE OMA FREE COCOA YOU ARE ON POINT ADA OMA. I HAVE BEEN CRYING FOR THE LIFE OF THOSE WHO WERE BOMB ON XMAS DAY I DON'T WANT TO CRY ANYMORE
SHAME ON YOU!!!!! DO YOU THINK THERE WILL BE FREEDOM WITHOUT LOSS OF LIVES AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN IS A COWARD!  COWARD!! COWARD!!! SHAME ON NIGERIANS!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by kokoA(m): 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
Kushite:

You are very big foool, I have nothing to say keep your bloody mouth shot! Agbaya!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

[b]
[/b]

You will still cry more with or without the protest wink. So what do you have to lose? We've been crying since military rule, so crying is not a new thing.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Think4naja: 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
, I'm sure Nigerians would now prefer bicycles, horses and flying mats to cars, infact resolve back to witchcraft in the place of aircraft, since importation of cars beyond 10years did not work and I was forced to increase minimum wage to 18k.

All the money I spent for amnesty program how did you guys want me to get them back?, since Boko haram would not let me enjoy the security budget freely,

This problem is caused by the poor, I'll explain; When only the rich went to school, there was no unemployment, when only the rich traveled abroad, dollar was 1:1N no repatriating, when only the rich womanized, no HIV, when only the rich bought cars and the poor trekked from Kano to Lagos, no vital accidents, when only the rich used the hospitals, doctors did not go on strike one day, when only the rich built houses, no one collapsed, cement was N160, when only the rich traded Forex, the market was gaining, no meltdown, when only the rich bought stock, no economic crunch or recession, when only the rich browsed the internet, cafes were opening everyday, when only the rich used cell phone everybody was truthful except white lies, when poor men did not know how to count money, Nigeria politicians Swiss bank account was the largest in the world, the list continues. Its now time for the poor to also eat from the meat they cooked. GEJ
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
Kushite:

U mistook me for my friend freecocoa. Next time look properly at the person before u shoot. undecided
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by otokx(m): 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
suffer and smile then enjoy the fresh air, up till now no governor has said nothing.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by daberechim: 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
now is the right time to remove Jonathan through impeachment and get popular support. he has committed the worst crime in the history of this nation
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by 9jaIhail(m): 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
Finland:

SHAME ON YOU!!!!! DO YOU THINK THERE WILL BE FREEDOM WITHOUT LOSS OF LIVES AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN IS A COWARD!  COWARD!! COWARD!!! SHAME ON NIGERIANS!

WHO THE HELL ARE U TO CALL PEOPLE COWARD? I AM SURE THIS FOOL DOES NOT BASE IN NIGERIA.DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DO PROTEST THROUGH KEYBOARD? COME OUT YOUR SELF AND START THE PROTEST WHILE OTHERS WILL JOIN YOU. YOU HIDE THERE TYPING SHIT WITH THE KEYBOARD
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by creserve: 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2012
we must be very careful because agents of government are here trying to dissaude people from this emerging protest.we are here at eagle square and we are determined to remain here for other people to join us.if any agent of govt is tired and want to go home they can go,to HELL with them.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by stagger: 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
Kushite, just like your username suggests, you are really made of SHIIT! Infact, you are an slowpoke. God will punish your generations for supporting this hardship on Nigerians. Read ur bible. God will pour out his wrath on all those who have punished Nigerians enough. And people like u will face the same consequences.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Funkymallam(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
What is happening?
Typical Nigerians, leaving d main thing and running after shadows. The topic says crowd gathers @ eagle square, we expect those on ground to give us first hand info, but instead we are all fighing and abusing ourselves, is this how we hope to achieved anything meaningful? Smh

Pls those on ground should info us  that are not in abj:
1. Latest report.
2. Upload picture.
And so on thnx.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by OmoTier1(m): 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
Funkymallam:

What is happening?
Typical Nigerians, leaving d main thing and running after shadows. The topic says crowd gathers @ eagle square, we expect those on ground to give us first hand info, but instead we are all fighing and abusing ourselves, is this how we hope to achieved anything meaningful? Smh

1. Latest report.
2. Upload picture.
And so on thnx.
We are only getting infor of 'pockets' of demonstrations, nothing really concrete yet,
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by kokoA(m): 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
Funkymallam:

What is happening?

1. Latest report.
2. Upload picture.
And so on thnx.

Ok, Tanx for the reminder. No more fighting in here. People at eagle square give us update. I will join you guys as soon as I confirm there are morethan a thousand people there.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Onyocha: 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by fred2265: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by OmoLisabi(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
Onyocha:

The end result is Jonadunce getting himself by the emerging raging from the anger of Nigerians who have been held hostage by the Cabal. On N65 we stand
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by iykak47: 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
Nigerians have no leverage to protest, this is 'IGG' Initial Graa Graa. Lekki toll protest is a perfect example, protesters disapered when Fashola deployed mobile policemen.
Today we dont have activists like Frank ovie  kokori and pascal Bafyau former leaders of  NUPENG and NLC  that led protest over annulment of  1993 presidential election.
Another reason is that life sweet Naija people pass sugar and the other one.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Mcleo007(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
Nigerians and mediodrity shaaa! sad
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by oseiwe(m): 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2012
1) One barrel of Crude oil = 42gallons or
159 litres
, 2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed
(combined) capacity = 445,000
, barrels per day
3) Actual refineries capacity due to ageing equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500
barrels per day
4) . . 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres
5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) =
12millions litres 6) It means that even our MORIBOND
refineries can actually meet our local
consumption need of petroleum.
7) The cost structure of crude oil (i.e.
Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production;
- Findings / development - $3.5 - Production cost - $1.5
- Refining Cost - $12.6
- Pipeline/transportation - $1.5
- Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69
cool True cost of one litre of petroleum
anywhere in Nigeria; - Total sum cost = $34.8
- 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219
- Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k
- Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02
9) Let FGN refute the above composition
and if not, they should tell us how they came about N65/litre.
10) Locally refined products cannot be
sold at International price.
11) We really do not need FGN SUBSIDY
as there was NONE in the first place.
12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION.
We still stand a chance as a COUNTRY.
Analysis done by Professor Tam David West,
former Petroleum Minister.
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by IYANGBALI: 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
abeg no need for protest,this is the way out

Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2012
FLASH! Photo- Eagle Square. Nigerians signing register before GEJ security agents snatched it from protesters. http:///ImytrySr[img]http://p.twimg.com/AiKLJPYCAAAZi2K.jpg:thumb[/img]
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Finland(m): 3:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

WHO THE HELL ARE U TO CALL PEOPLE COWARD? I AM SURE THIS FOOL DOES NOT BASE IN NIGERIA.DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DO PROTEST THROUGH KEYBOARD? COME OUT YOUR SELF AND START THE PROTEST WHILE OTHERS WILL JOIN YOU. YOU HIDE THERE TYPING poo WITH THE KEYBOARD
Well, it's not I can not come back and join the protest but why would I wanna come back to bunch of cowards. If the residents can start something, we in diaspora are ready to join. START SOMETHING MEANINGFUL NOW!!!
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2012
Lagos protest will hold tomorrow @ †ђξ Tafewa Balewa Square! We must rise against Injustice and stop this 'un-named' CABAL
Re: Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: Fashola Advocates N10tr Infrastructure Bond / Why We Resisted Fayose’s Ambush On Ekiti Assembly – Ekiti Speaker / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Benue Community Again, 7 Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.