Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! (7184 Views)

Woman Texts Her Ex Using Only Adele Lyrics(hello) And The Result Is Hilarious / My Ex-girlfriend Just Called Me!!!. What Should I Do???? / My Fiance Just Called Of Our Engagement After Four Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by lolaluv1(f): 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
'How far, I just called to see how you were doing?'

Why is it that exes like doing that? Calling out of the blues after months of dead silence just to see how you're doing?

It's almost as if they are calling to spy if you're happy without them or to see if they can wriggle their way back into your life!

Why not treat that person right when the chance was there? Instead of taking that person for granted and then resorting to boring calls when the chance has been taken away from you. . . .

Hmmmmn! SMH!
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by queensmith: 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
it pisses me off most when they dont even take the relevant steps to apologise first! kmt how are u doing my black bakassi!

your right- they are trying to wiggle thier way back in. the moment you let them or give them the tiniest amount of space they take you for granted all over again!

my new year motto- no recycling!
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by MrCork17: 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
Nigerian women should not be trusted. Thats what the exec is simply tryin to Stabaritize. Period! angry
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by tellwisdom: 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2012
Anything wrong with your ex calling to say "Sup with u??   Na so u fine reach?? 
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
You may have a point lola but they can also be sincere. cheesy
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by MrCork17: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
lola.luv:

'How far, I just called to see how you were doing?'

Why is it that exes like doing that? Calling out of the blues after months of dead silence just to see how you're doing?

It's almost as if they are calling to spy if you're happy without them or to see if they can wriggle their way back into your life!

Why not treat that person right when the chance was there? Instead of taking that person for granted and then resorting to boring calls when the chance has been taken away from you. . . .

Hmmmmn! SMH!

lola.  sweeery.  u  didnt theif anything from the office by mistake?  did u? undecided
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by queensmith: 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
tellwisdom:

Anything wrong with your ex calling to say "Sup with u?? Na so u fine reach??

its nothing to do with that- but if you didnt end on good terms or your didnt remain friends then one should be calling thier x partner randomly.
It will dig at old and unwanted memories and it just shows the person hasnt moved on.
if he wants to no wassup he should check her fb page! lol
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by lolaluv1(f): 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Tellwisdom

Yes, o! Na so I fine reach! cheesy cheesy

So you didn't part as friends and then they're suddenly so concerned about your health and state of mind.

It has absolutely nothing to with keeping malice but I don't need to be on talking terms with every one! Keep yourself in the past where you belong, abeg!

@MzD
Hmmmmn. That's a thought, but the other options seem more like their nature! grin grin

@queensmith
abi o. Those people can spy discretely at the little info I make public on my FB. Because depending on what happened in the course of the relationship, I might not even accept you as a friend on facebook or in real life! wink cheesy grin
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by lolaluv1(f): 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Cork.
angry angry grin cheesy wink embarassed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by tellwisdom: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
Warreeeeehellll are you gurls ranting abt?? angry angry. Parting and never to meet again as mere friends??  Not even a call/text/hello msges across; simply because both parties werent in love again??

Oh  embarassed embarassed #Naija gurls, Unu gegbum madu leeh embarassed embarassed
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by queensmith: 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2012
lol! @lola

he simply needs to glimpse at my profile pix see am doing fine and the f**k off politely!
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by omega25red(m): 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ topic  undecided if you recognise the number why pick up? you know you secretly really want to hear from the ex. Anyway it is annoying when an ex calls but women are good for showing up out of the blue wearing the sexiest outfit and actting like it is a coincidence that they are at the same place you are. The first thing that comes outta their mouth is i miss you.

As a guy in your mind you are like wtf but your mouth says i miss you too because you don't want her to cause a scene from there she would go back and tell everyone that he still likes me just to stroke her ego  undecided
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by Roland17(m): 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
Its just a shy way of saying i miss u,
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by Beync(f): 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
once in a while like dat he wud call asking 'how are u doing?, u dont remember me again,  and i  wondered, wat cud he be concerned for? For me i dont see any big deal in saying am sorry, am ready to appologize whenever i wrong but it's funny when their ego cannot allowthem say dat few letter words 'Am sorry'. the last time he called i told him not to dial my line again cos old things has passed away. It's not that one shouldnt be in talking times with an ex. it depends on how or reasons u parted. yes people can part cos of obvios  reasons that they cant be together, u can still be friends and talking. but talk of an ex who wronged, and was proud, didnt admit he was wrong, till u parted didnt even say 'am sorry', and after much more he want to be checking on how am doing, mehn am sorry u dont need to know or to remind me of those things u did. Am moving on very fine and well . he dont need to spoil my date this time, infact, i latter realized he did me a favour, a very good one.

Apart from dat some can be genuinly concerned, may be to know whether you are ok, cud be he remembers some good things about you and miss u, or he wants to come back but not sure whether to say it.
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by freecocoa(f): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
Yeah well,such calls can be irritating especially from an ex who wronged you,what is he checking up on me for? but if its from a mutual parting,it may just mean "I miss you" like Roland said.
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by Beync(f): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
^Nne how is u?
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by freecocoa(f): 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
^
Asanwa,adim okay,ginwa kwanu? happy new year to you.
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by Beync(f): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
Adim fine,gud to see this yr, Same to u dearie.
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by lolaluv1(f): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
tellwisdom:

Warreeeeehellll are you gurls ranting abt?? angry angry. Parting and never to meet again as mere friends??  Not even a call/text/hello msges across; simply because both parties werent in love again??

Oh  embarassed embarassed #Naija gurls, Unu gegbum madu leeh embarassed embarassed

If this is your definition of a rant. . .oh well! undecided undecided
The thing is; you are not meant to be friends with everybody, depending on the way and manner the relationship went down the drain. Sometimes, some exes (both male and female) should just disappear into the sunset and forever hold their peace.

For example, a partner who didn't recognize your boundaries, grossly wronged and wounded you emotionally. Perhaps, such a person even rained one or two insults on you before quitting.
You mean you will go a-skipping with such and keep the person close to you as your BFF? grin grin

Nothing wrong with saying hello; if and when we meet. I have forgiven you after all. But don't call my number [i]just to see how I'm doing

[/i]. YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND!

omega25red:

@ topic  undecided if you recognise the number why pick up? you know you secretly really want to hear from the ex. Anyway it is annoying when an ex calls but women are good for showing up out of the blue wearing the sexiest outfit and actting like it is a coincidence that they are at the same place you are. The first thing that comes outta their mouth is i miss you.

As a guy in your mind you are like wtf but your mouth says i miss you too because you don't want her to cause a scene from there she would go back and tell everyone that he still likes me just to stroke her ego  undecided
[/i].

You know it's not just restricted to calls, right? Text nko? Easier texted than said sef.
Funny what you said about women showing up in the same locations as their exes and dressed sexily. I personally would never do that! Dressing sexily for an ex is sooo lame IMHO. If we were to run into each other, I'd rather look classy. Beautiful, classy and bursting with good health and vitality. . .now that's what I'm talking about! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by lolaluv1(f): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
Roland17:

Hmmmmn!

Beync:

once in a while like dat he wud call asking 'how are u doing?, u dont remember me again,  and i  wondered, wat cud he be concerned for? For me i dont see any big deal in saying am sorry, am ready to appologize whenever i wrong but it's funny when their ego cannot allowthem say dat few letter words 'Am sorry'. the last time he called i told him not to dial my line again cos old things has passed away. It's not that one shouldnt be in talking times with an ex. it depends on how or reasons u parted. yes people can part cos of obvios  reasons that they cant be together, u can still be friends and talking. but talk of an ex who wronged, and was proud, didnt admit he was wrong, till u parted didnt even say 'am sorry', and after much more he want to be checking on how am doing, mehn am sorry u dont need to know or to remind me of those things u did. Am moving on very fine and well . he dont need to spoil my date this time, infact, i latter realized he did me a favour, a very good one.

Apart from dat some can be genuinly concerned, may be to know whether you are ok, cud be he remembers some good things about you and miss u, or he wants to come back but not sure whether to say it.

wink cheesy cheesy

@coco
Y'ello!! wink cheesy
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by freecocoa(f): 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
^
Hallo princess,hope we are continuing with our campus blues soon? Alrighty. wink cool
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by mashnino(m): 12:16am On Jan 03, 2012
^^^^

she said she is hooked up, and some talks like dat,

@lola you are trying me oooo, drop this story and lemme drink water well na,
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by Mynd44: 4:34am On Jan 03, 2012
Roland17:

It might also be a shy way of giving you a booty call.
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by queensmith: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2012
I agree with u guys it is because they miss u. But its too little too late. They arent allowed to miss u and if they do they should keep it to themselves or share it with the new chick.
If i hear from another x i am actually going to xplode its the most irritating factor of past relationships! they never die!
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by Freesia(f): 8:44am On Jan 04, 2012
I know what's up with that
If it was mutual parting ways then the odd phone call isn't too bad
However if  the r/ship ended on "irreconcilable differences" then I don't know what to say to him
It's worse when they want to start confiding in you again
I seriously don't want to know some stuff
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by dDoyen: 9:40am On Jan 04, 2012
Mynd_44:

It might also be a shy way of giving you a booty call.

Quoted for truth!!

Nothing more than a booty call gone bad.
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by cornie11: 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
HOW I GOT BACK MY BOYFRIEND AFTER BREAKUP
I am from Cyprus, i want to use this medium to testify of how i got back my ex boyfriend after breakup, i and my boyfriend have been together for the past 3 years, recently his behaviour and character towards me changed and i later found out that he had another girlfriend who he was talking to on facebook, when i confronted him it led to quarelling which eventually led to breakup, i was emotionally down, i did all i could to get him back but all to no avail until i saw a post on a relationship forum about a spell caster who help people get back their lost loves, re-unite broken relationship and marriages at first i doubted it but decided to give it a try, when i contacted this spell caster via email, he helped me cast a re-union spell and my boyfriend came to me apologising for all his misdeed, we are happily together again. Contact this great spell caster for your marriage or relationship problems via this email ikedispiritualtemple@gmail.com Goodluck
Re: How Far. . .I Just Called To Say Hello And See How You Were Doing! by justmag(m): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sometimes maybe they just want to be polite and see how u are doing or maybe he just misses you.

(1) (Reply)

Girls And Their Pranks Again (screen Shots) / Fynestboi, Vizkiz Come Here / Man Dies During Sex Competition After Finishing The Seventh Round

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.