Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:48 AM

Can We Remain Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can We Remain Friends? (1564 Views)

Situations You Can Remain Friends With Your Ex / What Are The Reasons For Them Choosing To Remain Friends / Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Remain Friends? by Roland17(m): 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
The most popular line after a break up is "CAN WE STILL REMAIN FRIENDS?"

Irrespective of the reason(s) why u broke up, are u still friends with your last ex?
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by freecocoa(f): 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
That rubbish line annoys me especially when the person saying it was not worth the stress of the relationship. Why would I want to remain friends with such a one?I've never used that line for an ex.

I can only try to remain friends with an ex whom I parted ways with on a mutual ground. The friendship sef would not be a serious one at all especially if I still had or have feelings for him,I believe there's no way two people who love eachother can remain just friends,or there's no way you can be just friends with someone you love.
You can try and pretend to be but your feelings or emotions will always get in the way of things,

@question. N to the frigging O,I'm not friends with my last ex,I don't think I can ever be.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Roland17(m): 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
That line annoys me soo much, especially when u gave sooo much to the relationship, but if the break up was mutual and mature i don't think its a bad idea.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Beync(f): 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
If there was no much commitment especially from me, yes
If due to obious genuine reasons we cannot move on, yes
If you consciously make me to fall with u and latter demand dat we keep it frnds, No
Infact, for some reasons yes we can be frnds and for others no we cant
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by freecocoa(f): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
Roland.
We are on the same boat,though I'd never really see or take  an ex as a serious friend.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Roland17(m): 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2012
freecocoa:

Roland.
We are on the same boat,though I'd never really see or take  an ex as a serious friend.

I think that's the best way to stay safe emotionally, especially if u wish to move on with ur life.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by InkedNerd(f): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
@OP: Hmmm, I think people say it so it won't seem as though they left on a bad not. I've always tried to remain on mutual grounds with people I have been involved with [just for the say of being nice/courteous] but it never seems to work out. In fact, now that I look back at it I don't recall being being "friends" with anyone who I have parted ways. In the end, it just seems like all aspects of our relationship has desolved.

By the way, happy new year Roland17!!  kiss
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Roland17(m): 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

[font=times]@OP:
By the way, happy new year Roland17!!  kiss[/font]

Thanks, wishing u a healthy and prosperous new year.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by iice(f): 4:39am On Jan 03, 2012
I don't phrase my own that way.  I tell the person, 'we can still remain friends or not'.  But he has to understand the friendship would be altered in some way.  I make sure to stress out that nothing would happen again (people need boundaries).  I don't really have bad break ups so I'm friends with almost all my exs. . 
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Mynd44: 4:53am On Jan 03, 2012
If it ain't worth it remaining in the relationship, then she ain't worth my time.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 05, 2012
We cant remain friends, and there'll be no hard feelings between us either! I wont call or text, but when i see you at an event or function, or any random place, i'll exchange pleasantries with you! Some may choose to remain friends, call and text and all that, but most of that "some", are not ready for the emotional implications when they come flooding, full force thru their system! Most people dont really understand the semantics of letting go! You cant be together means you CANT be together. In whatever form! Why break up, if you dont want to let go? Trying to eat your cake and have it? Another mistake most make is to confuse Romantic relationships with platonic ones. . . Those two just do not tango! That's why you see most still keeping their ex as a last resort when there's none to turn to for sex and all that pampering bullshit! Pitiable situation if you ask me!. . .
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2012
sexkillz:

We cant remain friends, and there'll be no hard feelings between us either! I wont call or text, but when i see you at an event or function, or any random place, i'll exchange pleasantries with you!

Just exactly what I do except in the last case where the girl went all lethal
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2012
Just exactly what I do except in the last case where the girl went all lethal
This is the part i get confused! Do you mind expatiating?. . .
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by MrsChima1(f): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2012
Depending on the type of relationship one has, it is possible to be good friends. Not all relationships are bad or ended bad.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by kokoye(m): 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2012
I hooked up an ex . . .she's happily married to the guy now . .with kids.

The guy did not know what happened between us though - not his business.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by kokoye(m): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2012
. . and 2 ex - girlfriends were at my wedding party.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by MrsChima1(f): 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
kokoye:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by kokoye(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2012
happy new year
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by MrsChima1(f): 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2012
kokoye:

happy new year

Happy New Year Suga. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2012
kokoye:

Actually it is his business
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by MrsChima1(f): 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2012
apocalypse:

No.  It is not his business.  It was the past and I am sure you didn't share everything that happened to you in the past with any girls you were with.  Let be honest. 

If they were FUCKING WHILE SHE is married then it is her husband's business. Any sexual history before and after marriage isn't the husband's business.

I am positive the husband didn't share all sexual history with his wife either.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by slimyem: 3:46pm On Jan 05, 2012
once you are my ex,i'm not interested in your life and i do not expect your interest in mine too.
I had to hammer this harshly into my ex's head before he stopped sending me 'friendly' messages as he called it. that says all!
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by kokoye(m): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2012
apocalypse:

Anywayyyyy . . . .the guy doesnt have time to go snooping around over his wife's high school crush.

Better things lie ahead.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by MrsChima1(f): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2012
Koyoke! You were naughty huh? shocked
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by kokoye(m): 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2012
let's see . . .like 53 years ago . . maybe grin

naughty can be good.
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2012
sexkillz:

This is the part i get confused! Do you mind expatiating?. . .
[/quote

Found out she was cheating on me so I went to her place to end the relationship and offer her only friendship but not a relationship anymore. She says she can't be anything but a lover to me and that she was really sorry for her actions but when she saw I was resolute she literally kung-fued my ars.e and smashed my phone on the floor. I don't beat girls but I was really tempted on this day , moreso she stays in a mixed student hostel off her campus and any shout of help from her and you don't have to guess who'll be going home with a broken head , I just chop all the beatings that day like mumu. My guys suggested I invite her to my place afterwards pretending to have forgiven her and give her a dose of her medicine but what would that achieve , besides it would only make me less of a man
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by slimyem: 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2012
apocalypse:

dis for real?
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2012
slimyem:

dis for real?

Yup , I don't how someone can assault another when they are in the wrong
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by slimyem: 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
apocalypse:

Yup , I don't how someone can assault another when they are in the wrong
oh well, people do stuff for diferent reasons.
Sometimes,its just better not to wonder what their reasons for it are,
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by chelseabmw(m): 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^^^^

Sweeery can i spank you with Crocodie whip?
undecided
Re: Can We Remain Friends? by Mynd44: 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2012
Still no. Don't want nobody disturbing my life with her friendly calls

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion: Relationship Matters / She's The WILL Of God But... / Ugly Things Some Men Like About Some Women But Won't Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.