Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,535 members, 7,770,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:18 AM

Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends (14437 Views)

Situations You Can Remain Friends With Your Ex / What Are The Reasons For Them Choosing To Remain Friends / Can We Remain Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:47am On Jun 27, 2011
Someone said: "If two past lovers can remain friends, it's either they were never in love, or they still are."
Do you agree?, i need suggestion to back up this
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by MMM2(m): 10:03am On Jun 27, 2011
op
re u a winner? kiss
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Nekai(f): 10:16am On Jun 27, 2011
FunmyKemmy:

Someone said: "If two past lovers can remain friends, it's either they were never in love, or they still are."

Hmmm. I think it's possible to be friends, but from a distance.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by HotieTima(f): 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2011
of course why not.

they can even be best friends i tell u.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Mynd44: 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2011
Of course they can be friends and they are likely to become BEST friends
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by LongOne1(m): 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2011
Don’t think ‘being friends’ is possible, as there is always the probability of making out. I think it is safer just to remain acquaintances.

Ever heard the phrase “d**k in a glass cage, in case of emergency, break glass”, pertaining to ‘women and male friends’?
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by isquar3d3(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2011
I think it's barely possible. One party cld stil hold out hope, no matter hw faint, dat they cld still come back 2geda. Acquaintance sounds more like wat they cld ever b'com.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by kanyingold: 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2011
its a two sided thing, it depends on how close the relationship was b4 they parted ways and it depends on how each side can handle the situation,
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2011
well its a tricky one

a lot of maturity is needed from both parties to make such friendship work.

so i rather advice at best they should remain acquaintances, or friends in words but not in deeds.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by successelo: 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2011
I think the possibility of activating the relationship is 100%.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2011
Or it may be they are just choosing to be mature about the fact that though they may not be the best for each other in terms of a relationship, they can still be cordial.

When sex has already been involved though i would say nah from a male standpoint. tongue
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by MzOutside(f): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
depends on what terms they left each otha
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 28, 2011
Mehn! if I smash a chick once, I can smash her more!! Knowing my body when a phuck buddy ain't around, I'll probably call up an ex and if she a friend, better!!! lol

The only girls I can be friends with are ones I never smash!!

Not saying you can't be friends with your ex but for me, I already have so many lady friends whining as usual and an ex coming in to it at all

If i still want her, then cool I'll just know her better being friends but that is an infiltration which many girls don't like after knowing the truth!!!
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by noperson1: 3:21am On Jun 28, 2011
I dont think it would be healthy to remain close friends. One party would still be hoping that things can go back to the way it was before and besides if the new relationship doesnt work out for either of the two, he or she would want to go back to the way things were. You can remain friend but with a lot of distance in-between.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by 4LAMMY(m): 3:56am On Jun 28, 2011
no person:

I dont think it would be healthy to remain close friends. One party would still be hoping that things can go back to the way it was before and besides if the new relationship doesnt work out for either of the two, he or she would want to go back to the way things were. You can remain friend but with a lot of distance in-between.
you can be friends but it depends on how disciplined the two parties are, if care is not taking you might go back to your former doings which may eventually spoil the individual's relationship each enjoys with his/her partner.
it takes discipline, firmness and maturity.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by iice(f): 4:33am On Jun 28, 2011
Well i'm friends with almost all of them.  So it's possible 
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Odunnu: 4:48am On Jun 28, 2011
I wont even deceive myself. I, Odunnu cant remain friends with my EX and not cheat on my husband. Even though we are not enemies we dont get to talk, relate or see each other
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by blackmale(m): 5:08am On Jun 28, 2011
its not good, cos, once debe; will ever be debe'',,,,,, so if you dont wanna cheat on the present relationship, you dont need the friendship,,,
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by MrsChima(f): 5:14am On Jun 28, 2011
It happens but it not good to remain friends with your ex lovers if there are feelings involved and plus it could pose threat to your new relationship.

At first I didn't think it was a problem but when someone directed a scripture explaining the reason why it is not a good idea it made sense but it requires understanding on both parities if you must continue friendship.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Musiwa42: 5:28am On Jun 28, 2011
you dont have to. you see, i am a person. if i tell you dont go to a place, if you step your foot in that place. what ever you suffer from going to that place, you suffer for it.

this is the way i treat people. if you are not good to me or you dont treat me well. i am not bound to treat you well too. one lesson, i learn abroad , is if you treat me bad. that is it. i dont have to treat you good.   

you most merit , the way i treat you, by you treating me well. if you dont treat me well. what you get is my backside.

if i call you over the phone and you hang the phone on me. that is the last call , i will call you.

if you have a bad altitude, i will not deal with you. it is not my problem that you have bad altitude, it is your problem, you have to deal with Your bad altitude

is the way you treat me, that i should treat you

You can see people saying other nigerian are Yoruba people family and I tell them No , they are not. Because people you treat bad are not your friend.  You only treat you enemy bad.  And If you treat me bad, it means I am your enemy.

people reciprocate, when you make the first effort to love them first

1 Like

Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Odunnu: 5:33am On Jun 28, 2011
I must be dreaming!
Musiwa in Romance section? Any pinshure?
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Goldieluks: 5:41am On Jun 28, 2011
Yes they can,and ex lovers can be well wishers too.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Mynd44: 6:18am On Jun 28, 2011
Aare Musiwa!!!!
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Sike(m): 7:28am On Jun 28, 2011
Dey can always remain frnds as long as d distance btw dem is a 'LONG THING'
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by larrysng(m): 7:48am On Jun 28, 2011
It is easier 2 be lovers from friendship but not friendship from lovers because love start with friendship and not vice versa

2 Likes

Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 28, 2011
Enitan's law of toto says "A toto was f.u.c.ked before, can be re-f.u.c.ked again depending on the rapport between the fucker and the fuckee"

1 Like

Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by jaguda(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2011
enitan2002:

Enitan's law of toto says "A toto was f.u.c.ked before, can be re-f.u.c.ked again depending on the rapport between the fucker and the fuckee"

Enitan, Enitan, Enitan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from where did u derive that Law?
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by MMM2(m): 8:33am On Jun 28, 2011
op
only if d chick will be giving d guy punny once in a while,

then dey can be friends. wink[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by laj1(m): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2011
to say the truth i cant remain a friend to my ex except if its a distance friendship.This is because am very porous when it comes to SEX.that's where i agree with the law of Enitan and again "ONCE DEBE WILL ALWAYS BE DEBE"UNDERSTAND?

1 Like

Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by phillipe: 9:01am On Jun 28, 2011
As the saying goes "OLD FIREWOOD NO DE HARD TO CATCH FIRE"
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by call4shola(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2011
It's dangerous, its better to stay away, cos a well shined congo can always be shined again and again and i say again, No be lie peeps, grin grin grin grin wink wink wink
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by twhyte: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2011
I dont believe in ex lovers, its either u are in love or u were never in love, cos there is dis chemistry btw lovers that never keeps them apart when they are together so it is adviceable to quit and quit to the fullest not hanging around deceiving each other as friends.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet 11-year-old Kordeza Zhelyazkova: The World’s Youngest Mother / Is Astrological Compatibility Important In Marriage? / Gentlemen's Club. (Ladies are Welcome).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.