Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,762 members, 7,955,905 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:12 PM

Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy (12802 Views)

Fani- Kayode, Anenih, Other Speak On Buhari’s Inaugural Speech / JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants / Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
NIGERIANS SPEAK ON FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL :

Festus Amadi - "I have put up my Toyota corolla car for sale. I intend buying a Power Bike to replace it. It will be expensive fueling my car from Ogba where I live to Ikoyi where I work, considering the heavy traffic each day".

Mrs Obot .S. - "I have agreed with my only son that henceforth, he will go to school on the days he will be having Mathematics Classes. He can learn other subjects at home. it now cost N1,000 to and fro for his transportation to school, and I can't tell my son to trek from Jakande in lekki to CMS high school everyday.

Sergeant Owolabi (Police Officer) - "As I am speaking to you, ALL Police Area Commanders Nation wide are having a meeting to conclude on how much the new "egunje" at each check point will be. We heard it will now be N200 for those who will have problems finding change to give commuters, and N250 for those who have change.

Mabel .U. (UNILAG STUDENT) - "I am considering dumping my present boy friend to find a new one, because he has no car. I don't even know how I will start attending school, because the prices of Taxi will be too exorbitant for me to afford".

Hassan Baba (Okada Operator) - "shai! We will start carrying as many as 3 passengers on each bike as so many people won't be able to afford a single ride. Also any woman who is visibly pregnant will pay the cost of 2 people".

Joe Bright (Area Vigilante) - "I didn't plan to quit drinking beer this year as my New Year Resolution but with the current price of beer, I certainly have no choice."

Albert Maduka (Unemployed) -"As soon as the prices for telecom services increases, I will have no choice than to communicate with my fiancée through mail sending via NIPOST Only. I will really miss her voice though".

Pastor Robert - "All parishes of my church are having a meeting to determine the new amount to be paid for Tithe and Offering. As we can rely on the 10% the Bible instructed. We will need to buy fuel to run the generators for weekly, sundaymass, and night vigils".
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Lasinoh: 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
Good to see Nigerian making the necessary sacrifices. kiss

Mrs Obot .S. - "I have agreed with my only son that henceforth, he will go to school on the days he will be having Mathematics Classes. He can learn other subjects at home. it now cost N1,000 to and fro for his transportation to school, and I can't tell my son to trek from Jakande in lekki to CMS high school everyday.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Pastor Robert - "All parishes of my church are having a meeting to determine the new amount to be paid for Tithe and Offering. As we can rely on the 10% the Bible instructed. We will need to buy fuel to run the generators for weekly, sundaymass, and night vigils".

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Odunnu: 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
hahahahahaha @ Pastor Robert.
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by bilaya(m): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
I don't think d poster is serious.This is just an attempt at sarcasm
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by dastudent(m): 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
I support it also.i just don't trust the government to implement the infrastructural development and social amenities they claim they would put in order
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
talknafree:

Mabel .U. (UNILAG STUDENT) - "I am considering dumping my present boy friend to find a new one, because he has no car. I don't even know how I will start attending school, because the prices of Taxi will be too exorbitant for me to afford".

Konji go wound many guys cos I know say price of toto go increase dramatically. . . Whether girlfriend or ashawo (not that there's too much difference between both anyway), all go follow increase their 'prices' because of subsidy removal.
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Afam4eva(m): 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
lmao
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Dgunnerz(m): 9:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
Laff don kill me oooo!
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by kizito96(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
People should bear it for some time. Nigerians are first to condemn those living abroad. They should have a taste of what those living abroad are going through
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
kizito96:

People should bear it for some time. Nigerians are first to condemn those living abroad. They should have a taste of what those living abroad are going through

I don't know about Canada but if you have a good job in the UK, it's not difficult at all.
And you can't compare abroad to Nigeria. Their GDP per capita are on different levels.
talknafree:

Festus Amadi - "I have put up my Toyota corolla car for sale. I intend buying a Power Bike to replace it. It will be expensive fueling my car from Ogba where I live to Ikoyi where I work, considering the heavy traffic each day".

Mrs Obot .S. - "I have agreed with my only son that henceforth, he will go to school on the days he will be having Mathematics Classes. He can learn other subjects at home. it now cost N1,000 to and fro for his transportation to school, and I can't tell my son to trek from Jakande in lekki to CMS high school everyday. shocked shocked shocked grin fresh air

Sergeant Owolabi (Police Officer) - "As I am speaking to you, ALL Police Area Commanders Nation wide are having a meeting to conclude on how much the new "egunje" at each check point will be. We heard it will now be N200 for those who will have problems finding change to give commuters, and N250 for those who have change.

Hassan Baba (Okada Operator) - "shai! We will start carrying as many as 3 passengers on each bike as so many people won't be able to afford a single ride. Also any woman who is visibly pregnant will pay the cost of 2 people".

Joe Bright (Area Vigilante) - "I didn't plan to quit drinking beer this year as my New Year Resolution but with the current price of beer, I certainly have no choice."

Albert Maduka (Unemployed) -"As soon as the prices for telecom services increases, I will have no choice than to communicate with my fiancée through mail sending via NIPOST Only. I will really miss her voice though".

Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
kizito96:

stupid talk!!
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Lasinoh: 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
Tell me abourrit!!!
See as man fikin just balance for bed dey chill. . .kulele.
No shaking! cool

Now, we shall understand why the e badu belle and e jolosi factor will greatly increase against the NIDs from the NINs.

Owanbe go slow down well well for Nigeria!
Hotel business go craaaaaaaaaaash kpata kpata.
Fast food nko?   Hooooooooooooooooo!!!
I pity Nigerians living in Nigeria sha! cry

God bless America. . . !!!
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by drstan(m): 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
Lol, i hav had dis joke, from a frnd ,
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Agbalanze(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
I should have fueled my car to its full capacity last wk, Nsogbu di kwa.ooo,
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by juman(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
@op Joke!

Removing of the Subsidy is good idea. The nation is moving in the right direction.
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Gentleboby: 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
We should worry over many things but not fuel at all, compare Nigeria with other countries in the world you see too much different i don't know why Nigerians always ask for thing they do not need imagine the is thing you can see and buy let forget about the price, you forgot that you been paying for NEPA maintenance bill yet no light , no good road, no good hospital, no railway etc

Go to Niger Delta you see a lot of oil well and vessel own by our former military leaders used to export crude to abroad what is your reaction towards that ?
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by amnestylaw(m): 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
''According to the Yorubas, Owo Abu lafin se Abu lalejo''. When the FG said it was gonna increase workers salary, I had a feeling they were up to something mischievous. They now want to subtract that increment in salary from Petrol subsidy which we do not feel its impact even when they were subsidising it as they claim,
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by lifestyle1(m): 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2012
Its not funny!!  angry
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by damoskiy(m): 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
something happened today and i felt like crying.i had 6k dis morning and i planned to buy 4k fuel and save 2k to take to work tommorow.unfortunately my younger cousin came and i had to give her transport fare home.i gave her 1k because there was no change.i searched everywhere for change but it didn't come so i sacrificed the 1k.the remain 1k i was suppose to keep. my mother came to pay me a visit i had no option than to give her the remaining 1k.seeeeee what fuel subsidy has caused i have to sleep at home tommorrrow and dont go to work than to go to work without a penny.
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Sonofpeace(m): 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
These short stories arent jokes at all, they are disguised fact.
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^word!
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^ fuel is now an assest in Nigeria, and a great investment at that. Why don't you sell part of the fuel to get Return on Investment (ROI)?

‎​LAUGHABLE FACTS ABOUT THE NEW FUEL PRICE

Prepare to start buying Coke for N120 for 35cl and Star for N350

Valentine Day is around the corner, lovers should expect more of 'rubber' slippers and bicycles from their partners (to help out in the very long trek and ride).

When next your neighbor or colleague gives you a lift and demands to get paid, don't take it personal, just remember he needs more money to get his tank filled.

If only Nigerians had listened to Ojo Maduekwe when he was Minister of Transportation under Obasanjo that Nigerians should start riding on bicycles, we wouldn't have bothered so much about the increment in fuel now.

Ladies the next time you go visiting your boyfriend and he hands you a 'hand fan' rather than putting on his generating set. Don't see him as being less caring, he is only saving for 'you both's future". A word of advice, start putting a hand fan in your hand bag.

When your company calls for a staff meeting and demands you choose between continuous use of staff bus or slash in salary, please don't think of resigning. You might just get it worse somewhere else.

A Nigerian is set to be the next Olympic Gold medalist in the "long distance running". Remember Haile Gabrel Salassie was the Worlds greatest after running 300km everyday in his country Ethopia due to abject poverty as he was unable to afford transport fare.

BIS addicts expect your subscription to rise back to the former cost of N5,000 per month. So prepare to dust up your former Nokia phone as 'pinging' won't come cheap no more.

A plate of food at Fast Food joints will go for nothing less than N1,500. Ladies start getting used to the heat of the kitchen, as most men will now realize how much they love "home made" meals.

When next your neighbor demands to charge his phone with your generating set, don't be shy to demand for "cost of charging". Afterall why didn't he turn on his on Generator.
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nyntynplus: 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
I had no choice than to 2 go for a donkey evn though it wil look sum hw strange bt i hv no option than 2 breath d fresh Air.
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
ok

Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by cardoso111(m): 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
This is surely the beginning of the end
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by wowo2: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
We need an uprising, once it starts, the West and IMF will denounce Jonathan and he will be in a lurch,
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by OmoPastor(m): 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2012
Can our leaders be held accountable for the savings from the subsidy? our leaders have trained us never to trust them. mr president may God help you ooo
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by MAYOWAAK: 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2012
An Isreali doctor says "Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out one man, put it in another, and have him looking for work in 6 weeks"
A British doctor says "That is nothing: we can take a lung out of one person, put it in another and have him looking for work in 4 weeks"
A canadian doctor says "In my country, medicine is so advanced that we can take half a heart out of one person put it in another and have them both looking for work in 2 weeks"
A Nigerian Doctor not to be outdone, says, "You guys are way way behind, We just took a man with NO BRAIN, made him president, and now the whole country is looking for work"

You might consider this as a joke, yes it is, but does it not make any sense to you, i hope Nigerians will learn and think next time before they act, there is no sentiments in choosing leadership, visionary leaders are born and not made. Instead of removing corruption, the NO BRAIN is removing subsidy
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by freecocoa(f): 11:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
I wonder why people are laughing,this isn't funny at all.
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by moremi2008(m): 11:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
Would Nigerians rather have the government pay for imported oil that ends up in Niger Republic or Togo? I don't understand why they aren't focused on improving government accountability instead of defending a totally stupid subsidy that has already gone on too long.
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 02, 2012
@freecocoa, who said it isn't funny?
Read the below links. I SPECIFICALLY WARNED NIGERIANS FROM VOTING FOR GEJ but all they did was put religious and ethnic sentiments into the whole voting process and this is the result.

Nigerians who voted for Jonathan in the last April Polls MUST read this before they start to curse him.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=640723.msg8068124#msg8068124

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=645803.msg8121442#msg8121442
Re: Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by seunlayi(m): 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2012
talknafree:

^^^ fuel is now an assest in Nigeria, and a great investment at that. Why don't you sell part of the fuel to get Return on Investment (ROI)?

‎ LAUGHABLE FACTS ABOUT THE NEW FUEL PRICE

Prepare to start buying Coke for N120 for 35cl and Star for N350

Valentine Day is around the corner, lovers should expect more of 'rubber' slippers and bicycles from their partners (to help out in the very long trek and ride).

When next your neighbor or colleague gives you a lift and demands to get paid, don't take it personal, just remember he needs more money to get his tank filled.

If only Nigerians had listened to Ojo Maduekwe when he was Minister of Transportation under Obasanjo that Nigerians should start riding on bicycles, we wouldn't have bothered so much about the increment in fuel now.

Ladies the next time you go visiting your boyfriend and he hands you a 'hand fan' rather than putting on his generating set. Don't see him as being less caring, he is only saving for 'you both's future". A word of advice, start putting a hand fan in your hand bag.

When your company calls for a staff meeting and demands you choose between continuous use of staff bus or slash in salary, please don't think of resigning. You might just get it worse somewhere else.

A Nigerian is set to be the next Olympic Gold medalist in the "long distance running". Remember Haile Gabrel Salassie was the Worlds greatest after running 300km everyday in his country Ethopia due to abject poverty as he was unable to afford transport fare.

BIS addicts expect your subscription to rise back to the former cost of N5,000 per month. So prepare to dust up your former Nokia phone as 'pinging' won't come cheap no more.

A plate of food at Fast Food joints will go for nothing less than N1,500. Ladies start getting used to the heat of the kitchen, as most men will now realize how much they love "home made" meals.

When next your neighbor demands to charge his phone with your generating set, don't be shy to demand for "cost of charging". Afterall why didn't he turn on his on Generator.
Good advise, in a matter of time, we'll get use to it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees / APC Omitted From INEC Results Sheet In Zamfara / Can National Assembly Override Anti-open Grazing Laws Enacted By States?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.