Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,813 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (14272 Views)

Nigeria Protests Over Biafra Activist's Arrest - BBC / Watch The Occupy Nigeria Protests Live On Battabox.com / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Onlytruth(m): 1:11am On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem:

"Your people" are my people. "My people" are "your people".

"Your people" are business men and travellers, and also according to nairaland, that are the highest population in each state apart from the indigene. If so then we can say your people would be the most hit can't we.

If I see "your people" suffering on the streets, do you think the alj harem of nairaland would be so bigoted/ callous to let them be ?

In my life, lots of "your people" have helped me in various occassion thus I view myself as one of "your people".

Onlytruth, you don't understand how angry I am right now on this subsidy thing.

I cannot buy fuel to my generator because it is 141 naira/liter. i use 10 -12 liters very night to sleep and now it has increased to 1500 naira angry.

Serves you right. Maybe you'd post less mischievous lies on Nairaland.  grin  cool
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 03, 2012
omo_to_dun:
Most of you guys reside overseas so how are you going to protest? After days of correct hunger, I trust my dear Nigerians to retire to their homes and workplace. I hope, however, that I am proved wrong.

It was the work and collaboration of home-based Nigerians and diaspora Nigerians that gave Steve Ugbah his deserved victory as Benue State Governor last month. I, amongst others, have created and are posting on that Facebook page and Twitter, Nigeria's fastest news source.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 03, 2012
Bauchi has been added to the list. I haven't heard too much from people in that region, but that's the date and location being circulated. If you're in Bauchi, please lend your support!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by ak47mann(m): 1:34am On Jan 03, 2012
we shall see cool cool
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Onlytruth(m): 1:38am On Jan 03, 2012
Let me predict what will happen: NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING. QED.
Next topic!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 03, 2012
"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppresor, it must be demanded by the oppressed" -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 03, 2012
Occupy Abuja at Eagle Square on Monday:

[img]http://mypict.me/upload/images3/upload/0/332/374/332374150.[/img]

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 03, 2012
A police officer trying to seize the protest registry at Eagle Square/Occupy Abuja:

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um4nLLzjxDs&list=UUEe0XcuwBaD8TYhTJVYfoEA&index=4&feature=plpp_video[/flash]
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 03, 2012
Protesters singing anti-government chants at Eagle Square/Occupy Abuja

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hayPPf9WibM&list=UUEe0XcuwBaD8TYhTJVYfoEA&index=1&feature=plcp[/flash]
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 03, 2012
Protests are now kicking off in Ibadan!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 03, 2012
“A change is brought about because ordinary people do extraordinary things.” President Barack Obama.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by jaybee3(m): 7:29am On Jan 03, 2012
^^^^^
What's your twitter handle Miss? I'd like to follow you if you are OK with it
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 03, 2012
That's fine. @msbelle21 smiley
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by jaybee3(m): 7:33am On Jan 03, 2012
Thanks
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Pain(m): 7:35am On Jan 03, 2012
Is the crowd building up in Ibadan?
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 03, 2012
I'm asking around. There are people there. I'm not sure the size of the crowd yet.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by dayokanu(m): 7:43am On Jan 03, 2012
Ok
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 03, 2012
“As usual, in every scheme that worsens the position of the poor, it is the poor who are invoked as beneficiaries.” Vandana Shiva.

Occupy Lagos kicks off in 15 minutes!

The crowd in Ibadan is small, as expected as it's really early. We hope the numbers grow as the day expires.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Pain(m): 7:54am On Jan 03, 2012
Please keep the outside world informed on the most reliable news media devoid of western influence here
http://www.facebook.com/AJStream
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 03, 2012
“If a policy is wrongheaded feckless and corrupt I take it personally and consider it a moral obligation to sound off and not shut up until it's fixed.” -David H. Hackworth

Occupy Lagos has begun!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 03, 2012
Warri. Efurun Roundabout. January 3rd @ 9am.

Nigerians are making things happen!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 03, 2012
Chief Femi Falana is at the Occupy Lagos protest!

University of Ibadan students have joined Occupiers at Mokola Roundabout.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by freecocoa(f): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2012
Hmmm let's. Pray this achieves something.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2012
I wish this would make front page already.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 03, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by kokoA(m): 9:11am On Jan 03, 2012
Wetin d@ police woman dey talk dere
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 03, 2012
She told them to keep the protests non-violent.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by freecocoa(f): 9:15am On Jan 03, 2012
Are people protesting in the eastern states too?
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by kokoA(m): 9:15am On Jan 03, 2012
ogugua88:

She told them to keep the protests non-violent.

Better! I thought she was forming 'Rambo' for them o.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 03, 2012
Seun Kuti just joined the protest in Lagos!

[img]http://3.bp..com/-_3AVKj7sW6M/TwLPr1_upNI/AAAAAAAAKhQ/JAi1Paq-AqQ/s1600/seunkuticelebregion.jpg[/img]

freecocoa:
Are people protesting in the eastern states too?

Abia and Benue are confirmed so far. Abia's started at 9am. Benue @ 10am.

kokoA:
Better! I thought she was forming 'Rambo' for them o.

She has Rambo face.

First photo from Occupy Lagos:

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by OmoTier1(m): 9:23am On Jan 03, 2012
ogugua88:

Seun Kuti just joined the protest in Lagos!

Abia and Benue are confirmed so far. Abia's started at 9am. Benue @ 10am.

She has Rambo face.

First photo from Occupy Lagos:

Thank you for keeping the world abreast! History will remember people like you. We are strongly behind you and we are also monitoring and braodcasting. The whole world is watching.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 03, 2012
Thank you, but it's not only me. It's Nigerians as a whole. This fuel subsidy removal was the wake up call Nigerians needed. I am taken aback by the numbers I've seen in Lagos and Abuja. I promise to keep you all updated to the best of my ability.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obiano Meets Bail Conditions, May Regain Freedom Today / Rivers AA Governorship Candidate Adopts Obi As Presidential Candidate / I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.