Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (14271 Views)

Nigeria Protests Over Biafra Activist's Arrest - BBC / Watch The Occupy Nigeria Protests Live On Battabox.com / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by KnowAll(m): 11:39am On Jan 03, 2012
[size=18pt]Oil Subsidy, the fact is “we are subsidising West-Africa Nations”, not only Nigeria, people should see through these sentiments. If we are planning not now, probably in the future, to have economic integration with ‘WA Nations’ we have to be selling our Petroleum Products, goods, and services at competitive rates, that is at the same rate across board otherwise we would be doomed as a nation like Greece.

Subsidising every country from Benin Republic in our immediate West of Nigeria, to Mauritania in the far North West of West Africa is a suicidal pact with the devil which we should shy and run away from no matter the hardship.

Monkey dey work baboon dey chop!!! [/size] undecided

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 03, 2012
Okene Road in Lokoja, Kogi State blocked.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 03, 2012
4 pages later and this thread never reached front page. Rather, the new thread with very little information did. Thanks.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by freecocoa(f): 11:48am On Jan 03, 2012
Good so far,this one gunshot don enter the story,I fear o.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Witi(m): 11:50am On Jan 03, 2012
KnowAll:

[size=18pt]Oil Subsidy, the fact is “we are subsidising West-Africa Nations”, not only Nigeria, people should see through these sentiments. If we are planning not now,  probably in the future,  to have economic integration with ‘WA Nations’ we have to be selling our Petroleum Products,  goods, and services at competitive rates,  that is at the same rate across board otherwise we would be doomed as a nation like Greece.

Subsidising every country from Benin Republic in our immediate West of Nigeria,  to Mauritania in the far North West of West Africa is a suicidal pact with the devil which we should shy and run away from no matter the hardship.

Yes Oil Subsidy is good but considering the Nigeria situation in which people that make up the government are selfish, insensitive, corrupt and unpatriotic. If the government is responsible the attendant hike in price of fuel (95% of which are Old stocks purchased at Old price) would have been considered and controlled. Fuel subsidy would have work, if I can travel from Lagos to Ibadan via a good road, the paracetamol I buy for N10 before is now N5, we have an at least 15-20hours uninterupted power supply daily,
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Witi(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2012
ogugua88:

Okene Road in Lokoja, Kogi State blocked.
am heading there to confirm.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by freecocoa(f): 11:54am On Jan 03, 2012
ogugua88:

4 pages later and this thread never reached front page. Rather, the new thread with very little information did. Thanks.
As in eh,the thing surprise me too, at times I don't understand these moderators. MUKI,JARUS,OJ you people should get this thread to the front page before I start a protest on that now. undecided angry
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 03, 2012
Witi:
am heading there to confirm.

Thank you! Keep us posted.

freecocoa:
As in eh,the thing surprise me too, at times I don't understand these moderators. MUKI,JARUS,OJ you people should get this thread to the front page before I start a protest on that now. undecided angry

Lol.

No casualties reported in Fadeyi, Occupy Lagos.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
MTN Service for Blackberry down in some areas!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by deor03(m): 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
ogugua88:

MTN Service for Blackberry down in some areas!

Technically this is NOT possible !
please confirm the source of information before spreading it.

Keep up the good work
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Dizzybizzy: 12:08pm On Jan 03, 2012
ogugua88:

me sef i tire oh!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
deor03:
Technically this is NOT possible ! please confirm the source of information before spreading it.

Keep up the good work

I'm only saying what Nigerians are complaining about. Several have said it and it has reached Nigeria News Desk. Thank you though.

NO SHOOTING AT FADEYI! They were fireworks!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by BANKY77NG(m): 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
Is There A Central Twitter Handle For Occupy Nigeria?
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
Unfortunately, I'm not a robot, and I must persist from pretending to be one. I'll be sleeping now. Hopefully I can resume this when I wake. For any protesters out there, please keep us updated!

"I am proud of you! Never give in, never give up! Our generation is what Nigeria has been craving, Occupy Nigeria!" Japheth Omojuwa.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
BANKY77NG:
Is There A Central Twitter Handle For Occupy Nigeria?

@occupy9ja. www.occupy9ja.com

I haven't checked much of that website and I am not following them on twitter. I have been checking the #OccupyNigeria search by the minute and have seen nothing from them to be honest.

There is the facebook page I mentioned some pages back. Hopefully others will add their experiences.

For the best updates, I would recommend @omojuwa, @omhottie, @NigeriaNewsdesk (they're extremely good), @toptennaija (for pictures), and @ogundamisi (also extremely good). Apart from the random commentary I was getting from protesters, the concrete information and photos that I gathered came from these five.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by kkmny81: 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
Is there any plans for a demonstration in PHC.
I have begun designing my own placard.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by otokx(m): 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
^^^ you can start one while i take you picture and video.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
You all should just go and rest abeg, where is ogugua please tell me she is Nigeria.

Nor be only protest, all this na ginger once it turns violent Nigerian police and soldiers will take over, if a whole election can be annuled in this country E come be subsidy removal.

We should be protesting to have electricity not petrol for generators, a lot of people have paid light bills for ages and they do not see light. I pay humungous taxes I have not seen the road and infrastructure I nor protest since na today I go come start?

Make I hear word jor everyone angry angry angry angry
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2012
Does it really matter where I am?
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by otokx(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ogugua please get some rest; this is going to be a long struggle.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by ak47mann(m): 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2012
Fuel Subsidy Removal Protester Shot Dead - A protester shot dead in Ilroin by the Nigerian police

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by bolakale30(m): 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Ogugua u are an amazon, posterity will remember u, Now following u on twitter @Earthmover007, Search the tag #occupyNigeria on twitter 4 live updates, Until our demands are met, we arent retreating,
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
smiley

Yes, twitter is the best for updates. There's also the facebook group. I've shut down the one I created and merged the members with one being run by Rosanwo Babatunde. He, too, is steadfast with the updates.

http://www./occupynigeria/

-----

Some people are still coming down hard on those who voted for President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Nigerians must realise that the movement will not move forward if we continue to look in the past to point out blame. "You voted for GEJ!" and "I didn't vote for GEJ!" sentiments are not need as they will not help us. For those who have apologised or expressed regrets for their votes for the current government? What's done is done. For those who state that they did not vote for GEJ? Okay.

Mistakes have been made. We do not like mistakes, but they happen to be the greatest learning tools for which one could ask. "When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power." -Hugh White.

Nigerians have made this realization. That is why Occupy Nigeria exists. It will be a very tough battle up a very steep hill. The unthinkable will happen. It already has. May the young Mustafa Muyideen rest in peace.

We predicted some Nigerians would be prevented from seeing this movement until the end, but we must not be discouraged. "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose" Tom Krause.

Yesterday, Nigerians were religion-blind, party-bliind, and tribe-blind, and they took their blindness to the streets. That must continue.

United we stand. Divided we fall. Occupy Nigeria.

-Bonni.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by jason2010(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2012
Hmmm, I am wondering why the location for the Abia protest should be the Enyimba stadium. What impact is that gonna have? Don't we need it to take place where government activities would be distrupted to a certain degree, Or al least a venue where government official frequent?I mean why not the entrance or the road that leads to the state house. I wonder what exactly is a protest at the stadium going to Achieve? As an Abia man, I would definitely suggest changing that venue to the state house or somewhere in Umuahia not Aba. Our politicians rarely come to Aba. If we need to hitem hard, then it needs to take place in Umuahia. Fellow Abians whatcha think? Make una decide quick quick o. Time is running
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by safarigirl(f): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2012
Goodluck guys
It's about time we stopped looking up to God for everything ǡŋ₫ tried to do something for ourselves.

Aluta Continua
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Emeka72(m): 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2012
Will there be a peaceful protest tomorrow? I really want to be a part of d protest.
Also, I use to wonder if dere are no brave Lawyers in Nigeria who can challenge d corrupt politicians. How I wish Gani Fawehinmi was here.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Myself2(m): 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Occupy Nigeria?
Copy copy no go kill una.Not that it will amount to anything though,I suspect that most of you guys making noise about occupy this occupy that are just doing so because the internet is your easiest channel of making your voice heard or making yourselves appear to be doing something.
I wish you all good luck,I wish Jonathan Goodluck too as he contends with boko haram and the angst in the land over the ill timing of the subsidy removal(I fully support removal of subsidy but some things oughtta be in place first,its premature now)
In the meantime,let me sip some more of my mix of Jack D and Ama-rul
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Myself2(m): 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2012
KnowAll:

[size=18pt]Oil Subsidy, the fact is “we are subsidising West-Africa Nations”, not only Nigeria, people should see through these sentiments. If we are planning not now, probably in the future, to have economic integration with ‘WA Nations’ we have to be selling our Petroleum Products, goods, and services at competitive rates, that is at the same rate across board otherwise we would be doomed as a nation like Greece.

Subsidising every country from Benin Republic in our immediate West of Nigeria, to Mauritania in the far North West of West Africa is a suicidal pact with the devil which we should shy and run away from no matter the hardship.

You've got your thinking cap on,however I think there shoulda been more public enlightenment while the FG put some things in place that'd make the impact of the removal a bit less painful
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by saddabm(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
any bdy that doesnt help in protesting should shut their fu.ckin mouth and let the patriot do what is right. Occupy Nigeria and push out the tyranny
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Myself2(m): 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2012
^^^
How does choosing not to join in the protest make one unpatriotic,nigga you've been riding on okada for so long the fumes are messing with yo' brain
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by chino11(m): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2012
Ndigbo, don't hearken to the evil voice calling for "Occupy Nigeria". I call on all the Igbos home and in diaspora to, especially home-based to shun any form of protest in the name of fuel subsidy.

Stay at home tomorrow if you don't know what to do with your time. We can't afford to save Nigeria again with our own blood again, whoever that is calling on you to come out tomorrow to protest should come out him/herself to demonstrate it for all to see, just like Mohamed Buazizi of Tunisia by setting himself ablaze in Feb. 2010 to start the "Arab Spring".

Please hearken to the voice of the wisdom don't participate in ANY PROTEST.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Myself2(m): 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2012
^^^
Not only Ndigbo,but all sensible realists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bashorun Jide Omokore Acquires $500k Rolls Royce For Porsha Williams / Maina’s Return: We Did Our Best – Magu / Olakunle Oluomo Emerges Speaker Of Ogun State Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.