Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (14274 Views)

Nigeria Protests Over Biafra Activist's Arrest - BBC / Watch The Occupy Nigeria Protests Live On Battabox.com / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2012
Myself2:
shocked shocked shocked
Occupy Nigeria?
Copy copy no go kill una.Not that it will amount to anything though,I suspect that most of you guys making noise about occupy this occupy that are just doing so because the internet is your easiest channel of making your voice heard or making yourselves appear to be doing something.
I wish you all good luck,I wish Jonathan Goodluck too as he contends with boko haram and the angst in the land over the ill timing of the subsidy removal(I fully support removal of subsidy but some things oughtta be in place first,its premature now)
In the meantime,let me sip some more of my mix of Jack D and Ama-rul

So you didn't know that the Occupy movement started on Wall Street but is now worldwide? What of Occupy London? Occupy Frankfurt? Occupy Tokyo? Some organizers and myself were sent messages of good luck and strength from Occupy Perth (Australia) last Thursday or so.

Look up what the Occupy movement stands for and then come back and say there shouldn't be an Occupy Nigeria movement.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2012
I will find times and locations for the protests this week and modify the first page accordingly.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Myself2(m): 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2012
ogugua88:

So you didn't know that the Occupy movement started on Wall Street but is now worldwide? What of Occupy London? Occupy Frankfurt? Occupy Tokyo? Some organizers and myself were sent messages of good luck and strength from Occupy Perth (Australia) last Thursday or so.

Look up what the Occupy movement stands for and then come back and say there shouldn't be an Occupy Nigeria movement.
That's the point,occupy wall street had a clear cut target:the wall street execs.However please remind me again what the result of the "occupation"was
Also tell me what your target/aim is for your so-called occupy Nigeria
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2012
I am so happy with d manner @
which concerned citizens of this
country are responding to issue of subsidy removal. This have proved dat we cannot be fooled by our leaders again. But let me ask, what will be your response if GEJ fulfills all his promises & in no distant time things get working well for Nigeria? Can those of us who has INSULTED their PRESIDENT stand d shame? Pls, let's give him a chance, and if he fails, we can crucify him. Remember, he wont fail us if we dont try him. Also let's show that there is such thing like RESPECT-for-our-leaders in our cultures & norms as we reply.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by aljharem(m): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2012
Lujan:

country are responding to issue of subsidy removal. This have proved dat we cannot be fooled by our leaders again. But let me ask, what will be your response if GEJ fulfills all his promises & in no distant time things get working well for Nigeria? Can those of us who has INSULTED their PRESIDENT stand d shame? Pls, let's give him a chance, and if he fails, we can crucify him. Remember, he wont fail us if we dont try him. Also let's show that there is such thing like RESPECT-for-our-leaders in our cultures & norms as we reply.

Give him a chance. HE HAS ALREADY BEEN GIVEN THE CHANCE, HE IS NOW OUR PRESIDENT. Haba

the chance is that the GREAT PEOPLE OF NIGERIA ENTRUSTED HIM AS THE PRESIDENT.

what other chance do you want from the people ?

Yes those insulting the president are dumb I agree.

Now why should Nigerian be looking again ? Do you want to ruin US FINALLY before you know we have taken enough ?

Lastly, this is not about GEJ but the entire government from Local, state and federal
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 2:21am On Jan 09, 2012
Myself2:
That's the point,occupy wall street had a clear cut target:the wall street execs.However please remind me again what the result of the "occupation"was
Also tell me what your target/aim is for your so-called occupy Nigeria

Like I said earlier, read about the Occupy movement. It's more than Wall Street execs.

Lujan:

I blame you. You probably haven't lost any family members or friends to Boko Haram, which consists of perpetrators GEJ has promised to catch like Ash Ketchum does pokemon. Dictators don't deserve your respect if they tell you your nation is under democracy.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 09, 2012
There's an "Occupy Nigeria" page on Wikipedia now. It summarizes this past week's events brilliantly. I'm sure it will be updated accordingly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Nigeria
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 09, 2012
Dates have been added for Monday, January 9th, 2012. Stay safe!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by chelseabmw(m): 5:52am On Jan 09, 2012
Thanks for the updates. . . .Benin Protesters no 1
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by chelseabmw(m): 6:07am On Jan 09, 2012
This Man hasn't seen anything yet lipsrsealed

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 09, 2012
At all o!

Tomorrow's Washington DC protest has been added to the list!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by ceejay80s(m): 6:25am On Jan 09, 2012
Tell me, what about those people that were killed while protesting in other states including lagos, wont their death be justified, abi na sara death?
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by otokx(m): 7:12am On Jan 09, 2012
Bros day don break, how work na?
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by hispy99(m): 7:39am On Jan 09, 2012
ogugua88:

What exactly is Occupy Wall St fighting for?
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by missuzoma: 9:04am On Jan 09, 2012
how do we get to the venues when vehicles are not on the road?
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by udokpuenyi(m): 9:06am On Jan 09, 2012
Lujan:

Let's wait until he performs his magic wand. For now his gullable and hydra-headed evil government is suffocating the already suffering-laden masses of this country.

Go and read up these past policies of past nigerian government: OFN, Green Revolution, SAP, MAMSER, Vision 2010, etc

Where have all of them lead the people this country to? suffering, suffering and suffering. Nigerians are wakening up late, but better late than never. We can not continue to remain enslaved by our own brothers in our land. God forbid
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by missuzoma: 9:20am On Jan 09, 2012
What if we occupy for ages and no one answers us? What was achieved by all the occupying late last year? Just wondering
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by aljharem(m): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2012
missuzoma:

What if we occupy for ages and no one answers us? What was achieved by all the occupying late last year? Just wondering

if that is the case,

1. iT shows us all that our government is heartless

2. What is the point of the government then if they cannot listen to the voice of the people.

3. Things would escalate then, that would make people anger and they might even start going to the government houses etc
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by udokpuenyi(m): 9:35am On Jan 09, 2012
@Missuzoma
missuzoma:

we are ready to occupy for ages. A child who says that his mother will no longer sleep should also be ready to stay awake to prevent her mother from sleeping.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Myself2(m): 10:49am On Jan 09, 2012
ogugua88:

Like I said earlier, read about the Occupy movement. It's more than Wall Street execs.

And like I asked earlier;what has "occupy Wall street" achieved ever since it started?
They dont even get prime time on national TV anymore,the GOPs debate and more important issues now rightly rule the airwaves
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2012
Myself2:
And like I asked earlier;what hasĀ  "occupy Wall street" achieved ever since it started?
They dont even get prime time on national TV anymore,the GOPs debate and more important issues now rightly rule the airwaves

Awareness. Nigerians have ten times more reason to be protesting than Americans. Do you have light? Good road? Reliable healthcare? Education? Clean water? Clean air? No to all abi? Maybe you can survive another day in such conditions, but a vast majority of Nigerians are tired and intolerant. Two weeks ago, Nigerians were still getting over Boko Haram's Christmas bombings. No one could have predicted what's happening right now. If you don't see the good in it, that's on you. It's either you, too, get on the streets and protest or sit down and appreciate those that are protesting and dying for you and your children.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by chino11(m): 8:20am On Jan 10, 2012
Now people are killed, tell me what will be done to appease their families? Somebody will buy a modem and come online to summon 'Occupy Nigeria' summit without first coming out on the street to demonstrate it for us by setting himself ablaze as symbol of example. cool
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Myself2(m): 10:55am On Jan 10, 2012
ogugua88:

Awareness. .

Awareness shocked shocked
Rewind back to the Aba women riot,was there no awareness then?,what of the June 12 riots/protests and the numerous anti-fuel price hike protests?you talk as if awareness is one word that was just discovered yesterday due to your occupy what-not

Give me just one thing the loafers have achieved by "occupying"wall street.

Also Chino11 raised a very salient point,do you mind responding pari passu the Nigerian situation
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by decode55(m): 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
The protests are against the fuel subsidy removal and also the inefficiency of the Nigerian Federal Government.

How do you like the state of the economy now? undecided

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Leopardd(m): 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
decode55:

How do you like the state of the economy now? undecided

Lol.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by xkris11(m): 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
There is a need for this again amidst so much turmoil..we need to let our voices be heard.but nigerians are dull.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Noneed77: 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
LOL
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by solash: 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
grin Nawao!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by baralatie(m): 4:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
That is the brand of the movement. Anyone in Nigeria, I urge you to go. The urgency is now. The removal of fuel subsidies was the final straw. The Federal Government of Nigeria has made its choice. It is time for you to take your stance.

MONDAY, 9 JANUARY 2011

ENUGU: Labour House, behind Civil Defence, New Market. 8am
KADUNA: Lugard Roundabout. 7am
EDO: Benin City. Beginning on Ring Road @ 8am
LAGOS: Gani Fawehinmi Park. Ojota Bus Stop. Ikorodu Road @ 9am
RIVERS: Port Harcourt. Isaac Boro Park @ 8am
IBADAN: Mokola @ 8am. For more info, call 08028092118
DELTA: Asaba. Traffic Light Junction
CROSS RIVER: Calabar. Zoo/Botanical Garden. Along Mary Slassor Rd, close to E. Okon Filling Station or Old Marian Roundabout. 6am!
OGUN: Abeokuta. NLC Secretariat Oke-Ilewo @ 8am
BENUE: Makurdi. Federal Medical Centre @ 6am. -NLC Chair, Simon Anchaver
BAUCHI: Kofar Fada @ durbar Square. 9am
GOMBE: Labour House (Linus Sabulu House) @ 8am
UNITED STATES: Washington DC. World Bank headquarters, 1818 H Street, NW, Washington @ 12pm

Please note, these are peaceful demonstrations, not riots!
Ogugua88

Is this not surprise, surprise!
So this is individual behind!

Don't you love technology
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by NoreenUG(f): 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
Haha
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by LZAA: 8:31am On Mar 27, 2020
Occupy people how far grin grin
Sai change
Cc immhotep sarrki gwarotango Afamed helinues ebenezar2020 blackking98 iceberg3

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obiano Meets Bail Conditions, May Regain Freedom Today / PDP Rally: How Adamawa People Welcomed Atiku (Videos) / Government Approval Delays Dangote Refinery Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.