Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal (10424 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
The summary is this;
Igbos: sellouts
Yorubas: spineless
Hausas: bombers.
I hope this appeals to all straightjacket dolts there. Instead of facing d issue @ hand, y'all had 2 go tribalists. Shame on u
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by babestella: 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
about the fool called Okechukwu Okorie, no be today we begin see mallam with bow and arrow, his own go soon fizzle out. We always know people like that. He is just a businessman who want to make quick cash from GEJ. Both him and GEJ are retarded monkeys.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
You guys are strange, since when must we all have the same opinion. undecided

Some of you think we are in North Korea where you dare NOT disagree with the common line of arguement .

Please be sensible and tolerant of other people's opinions and quit attaching silly labels to their person.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by hbrednic: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2012
keep protesting tongue
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by fakarglob(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
Who are this fools!!! Youth Alliance Group under what capacities are they acting for or against? i think they must have taking some tips. can d Govt raise funds from other section to improve EDUCATION AND OTHER FACILITY AS THEY CLAIM. We been fool far to long and it has to stop. STAND UP FOR UR RIGHT.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by TRUTHTELA: 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
A local & old thief is behind this goup, hence he took up the CHAIRMANSHIP of the SUBSIDY SQUANDERES COMMITEE, he is the one & only sellout Ltd, Christopher Kolade. Losers
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by stagger: 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
The likes of Okechukwu Okorie are those who will be dragged on the streets, lined up and shot when the revolution starts. Remember Libya.

At the end, Ghadafi was snuffed out like a common chicken! Time will tell!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2012
hbrednic:

one yorooba man has been shot dead in ilorin,keep protesting  tongue

What !!! are you gloating at an innocent man that was killed just for protesting ? angry angry angry jsut because he is yoruba ?

Truthtela I hope you are seeing this.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
hbrednic:

one yorooba man has been shot dead in ilorin,keep protesting tongue

How much lower can you get undecided
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
frosbel:

How much lower can you get undecided

Yes, it is a north and yoruba thing. since most igbos on nairaland have decided to tribalise the issue
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by 9jaIhail(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem:

Yes, it is a north and yoruba thing. since most igbos on nairaland have decided to tribalise the issue

you and your low life attitude make's someone sick, when will you stop causing havoc? can't you state it as it is without making it to be a tribal thing, every time you try to make us see that north and yorubas are one.stupid deceiver
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

you and your low life attitude make's someone sick, when will you stop causing havoc? can't you state it as it is without making it to be a tribal thing, every time you try to make us see that north and yorubas are one.silly deceiver

shut the f up

I though I was talking to sane detribalsied Nigerians not ideeiots like you angry

did you read the rubbish your brothers are posting all over the net angry

Or are you blind ?

hbrednic:

one yorooba man has been shot dead in ilorin,keep protesting tongue

Who is the yorooba man
this

see the person you are gloating about you ideeiot

www.nairaland.com/attachments/607747_Protester_jpge5683851b414d92316bf78cf6a50d2b9
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by ak47mann(m): 7:44pm On Jan 03, 2012
It´s only fools who wld risk their lives protesting at what has come 2stay. This is NOT revolution, it´s sheer selfishness on the part Labor unions, they nor their children are neither on ground . Libya, Tunisia and Egypt had better reasons for their protests;WAKE UP PEOPLE IT WAS ARAB AWAKENING! They fought 4 democracy not government reforms! Ghana removed fuel subsidy, now they are better-off. Nigerians go there to create better job opportunities for ghananians while we rot in unemployment and other poor social amenities over here.

Boko Haram is killing innocent citizen and no one is demonstrating. Only for criminals,Hopeless Agberos and jobless students who dont even own a bicycle to waste their lives over fuel subsidy. When it comes to fuel price reduction, christians and terrorists muslims will come together to demonstrate, but they will turnback to kill us later. What a shame?"
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by okstol: 7:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Truthtella and co, una get time for those slow pokes? The problem is that some fo`ols in here just like talking. Peeps are busy protesting in various cities but these fo`ols of nairaland are pussyfooting in here. Hope`less imbe`ciles, why not go protest with them on d streets. @Alhaji Boko Haram, at times I do wonder whether u are a psycho? Coz u ve got no bearing. U can't be differentiated either from d left or right bloc, always jumping ships on ur views. U really sucks.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Abagworo(m): 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2012
Is it that Igbos are scape goats or a mere coincidence that we end up being one? I will have to visit history to understand why we make strategic mistakes.

Whether paid or not, an Igbo should not have been the spokesman. A Northerner should.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by seanet02: 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
typical ibos and chop and shout business. Wetin ibo man no go take money. Buncha m.orons
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by okstol: 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Seanet, when u see ur parents, do call dem such name, ok? Ewu ofia.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by realchange: 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
Bobbysworld28:

The summary is this;
Igbos: sellouts
Yorubas: spineless/sellouts
Hausas: bombers.
I hope this appeals to all straightjacket dolts there. Instead of facing d issue @ hand, y'all had 2 go tribalists. Shame on u

true talk now
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Enice(m): 8:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
I support the removal of fuel subsidy 100%. The problem we have in this country is NLC. A country should not only plan for its present but its future. Can we as a country continue with fuel subsidy indefinately giving our meagre resources? No. Therefore, subsidy would be removed at a point in time. Now who decides when that time comes, NLC or Govt.? What NLC should be doing is monitor the revenue from subsidy and the implementation of palliatives so that the money is not looted, Not going on a protest that would further improvish the masses and benefit the rich.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by realchange: 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
gej haters want him out
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by manny4life(m): 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2012
Very unfortunate that people have to die for what they believe in; I'm proud of the "dead and gone" protester who was killed. He died for what he believed in him, he will have resting peace.

As for me, Igbo or not, I do NOT support this removal at this point in time. As a person, ethical values and discipline, I seriously condemn Mr. President act of removing fuel subsidy. I'm all for removal, but removing it without alternatives such as the most "basic" infrastructure in place, or fuel alternative like 100% functioning of ALL refineries is just a big blow to the Nigerian people. There are million out of there suffering due to price hike, and without a strong economy, I seriously pity those unfortunate folks. Like someone stated, he should have employed a more subtle step-by-step approach towards removal not all at once.

I really hope people find strength to continue to fight in what they believe in; Mr. President, just when I was believing in you, you just shattered all our hopes. Your ability not to fight the so-called cabals in the fuel industry and bring them to justice on corruption charges has shown and indeed affirmed by thought; Mr. President, you're weak to handle Nigerian economy. I've said this before and I'll say it again; Mr. President, you do not have the will power, courage and strength and fearlessness to lead the Nigerian people. I hope you summon up courage in the face of fear and reverse the removal and bring those corruptionist/opportunist  to justice. In addition to that, Mr. Presido, for once, PLEASE TAKE A FIRM STAND in the favor of the people.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by PHIPEX(m): 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2012
Can someone remind me all the economic issues in Nigeria that protests and strikes ever solved, I taught NLC should hv learnt from ASUU. I still don't know why so many poeple are protesting on Nairaland instead of the streets. Pls go and protest but don't forget to post ur pictures here so we can chart. How long will Naija enjoy free food in this free town? Pls lets learn from Greece!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by kelvincoll(m): 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
What is all this talk about easterners.

We are all affected, but some of us think that a part ( small part ) of the subsidy should be removed , not as large a percentage as is currently the case.

Nigeria needs money, money and more money to sort out our gigantic problems !!

Nothing comes for free in live , only the lazy man thinks otherwise.

I share you view Bro, im only disappointed the way the Govt went about announcing the removal while consultations i assumed were still going on. At least certain structures to curtail the effect of the subsidy removal should have been put in place before its pronouncement.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by okstol: 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
How can we be subsiding imported products? I think it should have been otherwise. I support the deregulation of the downstream sector but my only fear is our governments insincerity towards the economic progress of this nation previously.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Demdem(m): 9:28pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ iykak47

i left that post for the wise to think about and not for useless dummies like u. Like retardeen like followers. Idiots.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by yiladogo: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2012
Guys,
forget this who said who paid issue.

Find the Nearest protest location and join the protest by tommorrow.
That's our job as Nigerian Youths,
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by texazzpete(m): 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
E nice:

What NLC should be doing is monitor the revenue from subsidy and the implementation of palliatives so that the money is not looted, Not going on a protest that would further improvish the masses and benefit the rich.

How would a protest benefit the rich?
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by realchange: 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
subsidy is gone, bye bye!
next resource control
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nadanbata: 10:21pm On Jan 03, 2012
realchange:

subsidy is gone, bye bye!
next resource control

LMAO. Why do people on nairaland love living in dreamworld? I dey laugh at resource control. Nothing such will ever happen under PDP. Or do you think suddenly GEJ is good PDP is good they are doing it for the benefits of Nigerians? IS his 1 Billion Naira food bill for Nigerians as well ? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by boyt1: 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
So the Ibo's are the Nation movers. unless the Ibo's join the protest the whole exercise will be worthless. Why are SW and the North highly interested that the Ibo must join.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by chuxyn: 11:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
THE TRUE REASON TO OCCUPY NIGERIA
There is no sector in the Nigerian economy that has been deregulated and is performing poorly. Telecoms company in Nigeria today pay the highest amount of tax to the government with MTN almost single-handedly sponsoring the last world-cup is South Africa with money made from the Nigerian economy as compared to the initial state of NITEL. In aviation Nigerian airlines serve the whole of west African countries with the likes of Arik and Air Nigeria competing with the best airlines in South Africa and Kenya compared to the days of NIGERIAN AIRWAYS. The protest should be channeled towards corruption in Government, social inequalities, bogus allowances for electoral officers and high cost of running government, insecurity and failure of our public education system and social infrastructure (Pipe borne water and Electricity). This is our chance to occupy the country for a true transformation, Godbless Nigeria
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2012
chuxyn:

THE TRUE REASON TO OCCUPY NIGERIA
There is no sector in the Nigerian economy that has been deregulated and is performing poorly. Telecoms company in Nigeria today pay the highest amount of tax to the government with MTN almost single-handedly sponsoring the last world-cup is South Africa with money made from the Nigerian economy as compared to the initial state of NITEL. In aviation Nigerian airlines serve the whole of west African countries with the likes of Arik and Air Nigeria competing with the best airlines in South Africa and Kenya compared to the days of NIGERIAN AIRWAYS. The protest should be channeled towards corruption in Government, social inequalities, bogus allowances for electoral officers and high cost of running government, insecurity and failure of our public education system and social infrastructure (Pipe borne water and Electricity). This is our chance to occupy the country for a true transformation, Godbless Nigeria

+100

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9th NASS: Lawan, Ndume, Gbajabiamila, others in last minute horse-trading / I’ll Break All Bottlenecks — Investors Will Make Profit In Nigeria - Tinubu / Are You Watching Biafra Tv Now (live Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.