Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal (10423 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by hbrednic: 12:05am On Jan 04, 2012
NO MORE HAND-OUTS, NO MORE SUBSIDY ON COMSUMPTION  cheesy cheesy cheesy
the next will be subsidy  on hajj and all the christian pilgrimages,they must all be removed,
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 12:07am On Jan 04, 2012
hbrednic:

NO MORE HAND-OUTS, NO MORE SUBSIDY ON COMSUMPTION  cheesy cheesy cheesy
the next will be subsidy  on hajj and all the christian pilgrimages,they must all be removed,

mumu pesin

ok then what do you get in return from the government ?
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by dayokanu(m): 12:12am On Jan 04, 2012
Arthur Nzeribe, Uche Chukwumerije, Walter ofonagoro, Daniel Kanu and now Mr Okorie

Igbo Kwenu!!

When Tai Solarin, Frank Kokori, Gani Fawehinmi, Abubakar Umar were protesting against military rule we know what Daniel Kanu, Nzeribe, Ofonagoro were doing

and lately When a Southerner was contesting for President. . .

[size=28pt]2011 - Ojukwu Canvasses Support for IBB[/size]
Tony Edike 2 May 2010
Email|Print|Comment
Share:

Enugu — THE Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, was yesterday, reported to be in support for the presidential ambition of former military leader, General Ibrahim Babangida, in 2011, saying he would support him as far as it was the desire and aspiration of the people of the country.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Enice(m): 12:22am On Jan 04, 2012
texazzpete:

How would a protest benefit the rich?
A protest would lead to break down of law and order. This in turn would lead to scarcity. During periods of scarcity, the rich becomes richer and poor poorer because they have the financial power to buy goods in bulk, hoard these goods and sell at a maximum profit. Just like what happened on Sunday. People who had money bought drums of petrol and are now selling at over 100% profit.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 04, 2012
If you cant afford 141 naira per litre of fuel, change your job.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by samstels: 1:09am On Jan 04, 2012
Now I see how selfish a typical nigerian is , even to his unborn future generation .Na God go come down from heaven come rule una ,e ven at that u pple might not even trust him .Subsidy removal has come to stay ,nigeria must get better ,may we might not enjoy it now but for the generations to come ,but the sacrifice must be made NOW!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by qholar(m): 1:09am On Jan 04, 2012
ANNOUNCEMENT: If you are on Goodluck Jonathan's facebook page UNLIKE his page now. If you are on 'Build up Nigeria' page UNLIKE the page now.

2 PAGES TO UNLIKE IN PROTEST OF JONATHAN GOODLUCK, HE HAS KILLED A NIGERIAN IN THIS PROTEST & IF HE DOES NOT SEE WHO TO LIE TO ON HIS PAGE, THESES PAGE WILL BE INACTIVE SO LETS SHUT THIS 2 PAGES DOWN NOW. Click like to this note & share this message to all Nigerians
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by jpphilips(m): 1:36am On Jan 04, 2012
@ chuxyn
fuel subsidy removal is not deregulation as it stands.
the viable arguement that the govt makes over 140million usd daily in oil
export daily is true.
the 2011 budget had 240bn naira as subsidy till corruption finished the
system.
Nigeria can comfortably afford as much as 500b anually. paying subsidy is
not a soln but local production capacity is. oil and gas and telecoms or
airlines buisness are not the same. things will get worse. in the international
market crude is already expensive so what are you deregulating? perhaps
profit margin but the landing cost will still be high and there is no hope in
sight of oil prices going down in the next 5 yrs.
the US naval war college has realeased a statement that it will take 5
months to neutralise iranian blockade at the strait of hormuz should iran
carry out its threat.
that alone will cut off 60% of world oil supply for a while, what will be the
price of crude with 60% supply cut? and how can Nigeria survive those
5months?
rem. that the prediction is not sacrosanct just like they thought they will
finish iraq in 6months but ended up staying 8yrs.
you cant imagine what jona has done till you buy petrol at 1k/l and trust
buisness guys their price no dey come down.
let me remind you that this stock of pet.products had subsidy paid on them
and people are selling as much as 150,
check oil price as we speak the next consignment will come almost 200bucks.
deregulation will only work in the oil industry if you have the structure that
support it.
jonathan is not smart, if he can guarantee cheap oil in this country, a lot of
investors must come to build refineries.
did you remember when people were saying that Mtn wont survive the
nigerian mkt because of lack of electricity?
what happened ?the natural Nigerian mentality plus corporate patronage
blessed them.
if Nigerians had angolean mentality, mtn wont stand a chance cos the
exploitation was glaring.
dont tell me abt the airline industry,Nigeria till date still has one of the most
expensive air services in the world.
if your idea of degulation is high price then u dont have a point.
competition forced telecom price down, in oil lifting, it is a different ball
game the landing cost must be high since crude is already expensive in the.
intl market.
I feel sorry for Nigerians, we love hearing stories pls lemme remind you that
jonathan has a lot of fair options, this is extreme, a corper I saw today was
begging for transport to make it back to the east.
jona decieved us with saving money. where is best to save money if you are
in his shoes?
run an expensive govt or take food from the poor?
I am yet to see the sagacity behind this subsidy removal if he cant fight
corruption there in. is jonathan saying that should corruption creep into the
subsidy funds implementation regime he will scrap it again?
jonathan sounds like a college boy.
where will he get the money to implement his palliatives? every sector of the
economy has been budgeted for
or are we paying diff for govt functions? I dont just get it. where did
obasanjo get this daft from?
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by samguru(m): 2:14am On Jan 04, 2012
My brodas and sistas,why dis tribal hullaballoo when we should be concerned about something dt has no respect for any tribe,I implore u to open ur understanding about dis sensitive issue,am not saying subsidy should stay or go but in whose interest?For sure not in d interest of d masses
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by TRUTHTELA: 5:20am On Jan 04, 2012
Some RETARDS that sold their conscience to VOTE for Jonathan, suddenly want everyone to share in their mess, for all I care, no TRIBE in Nigeria can talk TRASH about Igbos, Igbos had mind of their own long before the white man came to RESCUE the rest of the MORONS from their KINGS, OBA's, Emirs , etc, When other tribes a re busy postrate for a white man, ABA, WOMEN were the FIRST & ever to challenge the white man's POLICIES thru riot " ABA WOMEN RIOT,1929". Igbos are REPUBLICAN in NATURE & nobody will change them. FYI, some people BETRAYED the Igbos during the CIVIL WAR, they were policy makers, ministers & all worth not, against the Igbo's, After the war, Igbo's learnt the lesson ONE TRIBE THOUGHT THEM, on how to play the SPOILER. Somebody was an active SPOILER/ SELLOUT/ TRAITOR/ money lover etc, for Gowon. Igbo's will not rule Nigeria, but Igbo's ( Ngozi Iweala )will alwz make policies that you all will SUFFER & SUFFER from. My point is, your TRIBE will rule, but your tribe will still be WORSE off. When the time comes, we'll count SCORES. Your tribe is not buying fuel @ 65 & SE is buying @ 200. You ruled Nigeria, yet you are on 24/7 darkness with the Igbos that did not rule, that goes to show you that something is wrong somewhere. Until JUSTICE prevails, Y'all will forever be in PAIN & ANGUISH. It's nature, not MAN.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by TRUTHTELA: 5:21am On Jan 04, 2012
FYI, Kola Abiola, refused to talk or get involve with anyone, when it comes to Nigeria & its CRAP, cos he said it UNEQUIVOCALLY, that his KINSMEN betrayed his Dad. That the same people that wine & dined with his dad, and told him not accept any condition that's less than a PRESIDENT, went back to wine & dine with Abacha & Abdusalami, , lest I forget the ones that collected money from Abdusalami, on Abiola's head. I'm sure they were Igbo's too. Go get a life pls.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by TRUTHTELA: 5:23am On Jan 04, 2012
HELLO!!! you all should protest and reap the benefit of your protest when Govt. reverse to the old price in all the regions, except SE. Typical of Nigerians, they will will not focus on PROTEST & SUBSIDY Issues, they will been pointing a ROTTEN finger on the wrong side, whoever is in POWER WILL ALWZ have someone to do the dirty job, D-banj, sold out & supported Jonathan, Olu Jacobs, Wole Soyinka, sold out by serving in IBB's govt, Alex Akinyele, was once IBB's MIS-information minister, who did the dirty job for the Hausa/fulani against Awolowo in the 60's? Arisekola, supported Abacha, cos of what? (OWO ) and U.i students MOBBED the bastard, Adedibu, alwz do the dirty job for AGIP, bOLA iGE, betrayed NADECO by joining the PDP, govt. Obasanjo did the Norherners BID numerous times, should I GO ON? My guy they are in EVERY TRIBE. So, big up!!!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Obiagu1(m): 5:32am On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

Nwannem I understand and believe when I tell you it is not doing Igbos any favour or what so ever

There is protest in

SW- Lagos, Oyo, Ogun

NW- kano, Sokoto

NE- Adamawa

NC- Kwara, Abuja, Nasarawa, beune, Kogi

SS- Rivers, Benin-city(edo) and bayelsa

SE-       Infact they support it. I don't understand

It seems that SE politicians are enemy of progress and are not part of NLC (NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS)

This move would greatly affect any presidential ambition for the SE 2015. FACT !!!!

My brother, my advice for you is to live that SE region and travel to SS or SE or North to safe your self from the hardship to come

They used to sell fuel N140 in the SE before subsidy was removed and we didn't cry. Who are you people fooling?
Now it is national so everyone should enjoy it.

Welcome to Nigeria!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by AMADU77: 7:26am On Jan 04, 2012
shallow cheap ass kissers
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by okstol: 8:00am On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:
Quote from: hbrednic on Today at 12:05:23 AM

NO MORE HAND-OUTS, NO MORE SUBSIDY ON COMSUMPTION  

mumu pesin

ok then what do you get in return from the government ? @Alhaji Boko Haram, this is a new year, i hope u do go for a medical check or better still, hands off from taking ecstasy. Have u seen how shallow minded u are? Ur state or level of imbecility (sic) has reached to its pyramid. So u don't want d fg to end subsidising of pilgrimages? U are nothing but a real efi na ata afifia. U be real mmeeeeeee! Look at d amount of money both Saudi and Israel makes from all these pilgrimages and our so called fg is subsidising such vacations?. I have been vindicated at last, dat u are daf`t, dum`b, hope`less and use`less.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by soma042(m): 8:22am On Jan 04, 2012
enemy or enemies u will never have a friend like me .
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by PointB: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2012
The new Igbo nation was built on the 20 pound foundation stone craftily, treacherously and wickedly laid by a certain Awo on behalf of the country - Nigeria. However in setting up Igbo to fail, the most important traits of human nature - adaptability and survival - was underestimated. Igbos successfully utilised those basic instincts to thrive.

Today the Igbo man is master of survival and thriving. That's explains why, +while the rest of the country are crying and moaning, the average Igbo in his crib is analysing the situation, thinking, and adjusting his plans and expectations.

by the way it's actually fun watching grown up men running around and chanting like child whose toys has been retrieved. At any rate, if they succeed in getting a reversal, of course I will share in the credit afterall I supported them via watching and laughing by the TV and news media. If the fail or fall and subsidy removal stays I will still be happy. I have already adjusted along side my discerning folks.

So I can honestly enjoy to laugh in protest!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Toks2008(m): 8:44am On Jan 04, 2012
Maybe they should have removed just a little of the subsidy to fund a few important projects and not so much as is presently the case. Quite unfortunate.

Nigeria needs more money to build the infrastructure , improve security, repair roads  etc. Where do we expect the governement to get this money from  

I quite agree.

If subsidy ever needs to be removed, at least they should do it gradually and lets see the impact of the gradual removal but not this way. Over the years, we have had the same case of increment of petrol price yet no real development was seen.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 9:12am On Jan 04, 2012
@Sopono, ndigbo is a curse to this country,every bad thing both home and abroad,ranging from ritual killing for money,arm robbery(sophisticated),forgery,piracy,cheating,just name it the list go all and all and all and all.you will see an igbo man as the lead or grand perpetrators.so am not surprise at these,they are indeed cheap because an igbo man when it comes to"the money",they can do anything even if its their mother or father standing on the way,they will hack him or her to death.just to get "the money". SPIT!!!!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by okstol: 9:22am On Jan 04, 2012
Y2kaustin, if u can't bear all these ur so called negative acts of ndigbo, there are plenty of options for u, ie drink poison, hawk cement for holdup, jump into d lagoon. I think ones of these available options will definitely solve ur extreme hate for ndigbo. Anu mpama
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by neutralist: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2012
Remember to applaud the igbos when this decision is vindicated.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 10:12am On Jan 04, 2012
@okstol, prove me wrong,then i will jump into your cooking pot so you can have an opportunity to buy jeep.how come igbos don't have a common voice in Nigeria?cos they are not united,once an igbo man imports a container,hey! he will be feeling like Bill gate,they are so arrogant and rude*as in ill-mannered,especially the ones that came from their interior villages to Lagos for greener pastures.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by neutralist: 10:18am On Jan 04, 2012
PointB:

The new Igbo nation was built on the 20 pound foundation stone craftily, treacherously and wickedly laid by a certain Awo on behalf of the country - Nigeria. However in setting up Igbo to fail, the most important traits of human nature - adaptability and survival - was underestimated. Igbos successfully utilised those basic instincts to thrive.

Today the Igbo man is master of survival and thriving. That's explains why, +while the rest of the country are crying and moaning, the average Igbo in his crib is analysing the situation, thinking, and adjusting his plans and expectations.

by the way it's actually fun watching grown up men running around and chanting like child whose toys has been retrieved. At any rate, if they succeed in getting a reversal, of course I will share in the credit afterall I supported them via watching and laughing by the TV and news media. If the fail or fall and subsidy removal stays I will still be happy. I have already adjusted along side my discerning folks.

So I can honestly enjoy to laugh in protest!

Thoughtful!!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by okstol: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2012
@y2kaustin, okayyyy, now u are coming. So being an achiever in ones area of business now makes him arrogant and rude? Stop dis ur jealousy tin coz dis is a new year. Have u heard of dis word "swag"? Dats just it my brother. Tell ur lazy azs brovas to hurry up their azsez and do sometin with their miserable lives. Get a life austin
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 10:41am On Jan 04, 2012
what do you call getting a life prick! is it killing your fellow human,plucking out his or her eyes and remove the private parts cos you want to get "the money"? your just trying to cover up your sorry brodas ass.do you want me to start calling names?, didn't you hear what happened at Alaba international market two weeks b4 xmas?.your fellow broda,invites his sales girl to the shop on a Sunday,that they want to offload a container.God so doing,the said sales girl went there with her boyfriend,on getting there she ask the boyfriend to wait outside,she went in as the security opened for her.the guy waited for about close to three hours she didn't come out,that raised his suspicion and he decided to go in to find out,behold the gril master was there and the guy asked after the girlfriend.the man said the girl,didn't come to the shop today.the guy obliged and said both of them came to the market together,after much argument he alerted the police,which later came and interrogated the man,he denied seeing the girl that day and accused the boyfriend of conniving with the girl to steal his "Money"the police went to confirmed from the gate man who said he saw the girl and the guy.when scolded the man,behold at the centre of his shop,he dug a pit,they dig and saw the girl tied and buried alive.now tell me,its this fair.igbo kwenu!!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by PHIPEX(m): 10:42am On Jan 04, 2012
y2kaustin:

@okstol, prove me wrong,then i will jump into your cooking pot so you can have an opportunity to buy jeep.how come igbos don't have a common voice in Nigeria?cos they are not united,once an igbo man imports a container,hey! he will be feeling like Bill gate,they are so arrogant and rude*as in ill-mannered,especially the ones that came from their interior villages to Lagos for greener pastures.

don't u think the time u spent typing these insults could'v been enough to think of how to make the best use of this situation to survive rather than crying like a pauper. Before now most Nigerians brag that there is nothing they are enjoying from the govt suddenly they hv realised that subsidy had been a gift, U better pray they don't remove the subsidy on fertilizer also. I hope u'll ask for subsidy when the oil reserve dries up soon?
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 11:00am On Jan 04, 2012
@PHIPEX, whats your definition of the word "Insult" and can you clearly differentiate it from reality? when people people start calling a spade a spade even if its their own ass is gored.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by okstol: 11:02am On Jan 04, 2012
@y2kaustin, can u tell me ur ethnicity or whatever?
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2012
what if i say am an IGBO man? cool cool imao
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by okstol: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2012
U be real ofe mmanu tribal bigot.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 11:22am On Jan 04, 2012
those it really matter,who i am? am a lone Nigerian,crying out in the wilderness, shekenah whallahi!!!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by y2kaustin(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2012
@okstol, that sounds like a ritual incantation,which you guys are known for, grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan / Gbenga Olawepo And Fela Durotoye: The Clash Of New Political Titans / I’ll Break All Bottlenecks — Investors Will Make Profit In Nigeria - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.