Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,022 members, 7,828,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? (23241 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Onlytruth(m): 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
jason123:

Again, MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU!
Are you saying the Rubber and some cocoa in the MW was not enough to sustain the MW?
Are you saying the Cocoa in the West was not enough to sustain the West?
Are you saying the groundnut pyramids in the North was not enough to sustain the North?

Once again, Beaf, may God forgive you! Even the people from the SE cannot support you on this TRUTH! cool

Yes I can support it because it is the truth.
BEFORE cocoa and groundnuts ever came into the picture, there was OIL PALM which the British companies traded for many years and found it too irresistible that they formed a company around it. That company effectively became Nigeria later. Anyone who does not understand this, knows nothing about Nigeria and why the British are doing what they are doing in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sheyguy: 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2012
reporter?:

[/b]By 1959, cocoa had become Nigeria's biggest single foreign exchange earner. Nigeria also claimed the title of being one of the three biggest producers of groundnuts in the world. [b]
Onlytruth:

BEFORE cocoa and groundnuts ever came into the picture, there was OIL PALM which the British companies traded for many years and found it too irresistible that they formed a company around it. That company effectively became Nigeria later. Anyone who does not understand this, knows nothing about Nigeria and why the British are doing what they are doing in Nigeria.
Pls can u support ur claim with reference that can be verified.

Cocoa was our major earner in agriculture and tin was the main mineral that supported developement of our main infrastructures.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by jason123: 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2012
Onlytruth:

Well, I didn't expect anything better from you.

My people (Mid-westerners) DID NOT NEED YOU OIL-PALM. We were self-sufficient. Tell those lies to he who cares to be deceived!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by jason123: 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2012
sheyguy:

Pls can u support your claim with reference that can be verified.

Cocoa was our major earner in agriculture and[b] tin was the main mineral that supported developement of our main infrastructures.

[/b]
@bolded
You dey mind them? See these people o! Because say them plenty for internet, they wan change history!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by chino11(m): 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2012
Oil Palm in SE was the foremost source of revenue to Nigeria way back before Independence. Groundnut later came to the scene immediately 1960. Cocoa was more of SW thing, it was not more pronounced economically beyond SW.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem(m): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2012
chino11:

Oil Palm in SE was the foremost source of revenue to Nigeria way back before Independence. Groundnut later came to the scene immediately 1960. Cocoa was more of SW thing, it was not more pronounced economically beyond SW.

ok we have heard, that is another issue.

Right now we should be coming together as One people to fight against corruption, injustice, boko haram, etc

Nwanne biko nu, lets be one people cool
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Chyz2: 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
You all should let Beaf deceive you all with is SS/SE nonsense. He is only in it for himself and his sugar-daddy GEJ.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem(m): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
Chyz*:

You all should let Beaf deceive you all with is SS/SE nonsense. He is only in it for himself and his sugar-daddy GEJ.

thank you chyz, I stand on my word never to post any tribalsitic comment again on nairaland. In case I do, please jusr caution me and I would stop immediate.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sheyguy: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2012
^
and will that be a well thought out NewYear resolution?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sheyguy: 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2012
chino11:

Pls back up these claims with references.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by iiiyyyk(m): 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
we are all saying the truths

before independent and oil discovery the various region depends on agriculture.
north-, groundnut- hence, kano groundnut pyramids
west (Sw), cocoa , Ibadan cocoa house
East (se/ss), palm oil, Ada palm(imo state) Rison Palm (River) etc
SE, coal , Enugu.

it also clear that some people don't research b4 coming to post.

LETS NOT DIGRESS FROM THE MAIN TOPIC.
The setimental protest is gradualy dieing in every part of Nigeria cos it was build on false ground.
NURTW say they are not part of the protest and labour plans.
Amalgamated union of SE traders said they are not part of the protest
Cuort of industries, rejects labour strike,
HA HA HA,
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by realchange: 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2012
thank God, now we can face the real issues facing us
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2012
realchange:

thank God, now we can face the real issues facing us

which is ?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by realchange: 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2012
alj harem:

which is ?

you northern nigerians killing igbos in the north

though i am really a tanzanian my mother is from igboland

why are you killing igbos in northern nigeria?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem(m): 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2012
realchange:

you northern nigerians killing igbos in the north

though i am really a tanzanian my mother is from igboland

why are you killing igbos in northern nigeria?

The question is

SHOULD THE KILLING OF ANYONE BE ALLOWED IN NIGERIA ? BE IT IGBO OR NOT ?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR POLICE FORCE ?

WHY CAN'T LIVES AND PROPERTIES OF NIGERIANS BE PROTECTED EVEN IN LAKE CHAD ?

lets be honest with ourselves, that is not GEJs fault but the fault of the previous administrations and the current.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by realchange: 11:07pm On Jan 06, 2012
alj harem:

The question is

SHOULD THE KILLING OF ANYONE BE ALLOWED IN NIGERIA ? BE IT IGBO OR NOT ?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR POLICE FORCE ?

WHY CAN'T LIVES AND PROPERTIES OF NIGERIANS BE PROTECTED EVEN IN LAKE CHAD ?

lets be honest with ourselves, that is not GEJs fault but the fault of the previous administrations and the current.

i think you should answer all these questions because you seem to be everywhere here
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem(m): 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2012
realchange:

i think you should answer all these questions because you seem to be everywhere here
of course capital NO !!!

that is why we should demand accountability from our security forces. isn't it ?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by realchange: 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2012
alj harem:

of course capital NO !!!

that is why we should demand accountability from our security forces. isn't it ?

but you are one of the "security forces", what are you talking about?
remember you once said you nearly killed afam4eva
so answer yourself
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem(m): 11:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
realchange:

but you are one of the "security forces", what are you talking about?
remember you once said you nearly killed afam4eva
so answer yourself

stop putting words in my mouth. and I never said I was going to kill afam4eva. Me and afam4eva are good friends real life but on the internet it is another story.

again I never told you I was a security agent so stop that rubbish.

Demand why people are being killed in the north is the question.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by realchange: 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
Wewe ni uongo tena  angry angry
Mimi si kama wewe wakati wote

every african killing another must be dealt with
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem(m): 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2012
realchange:

Wewe ni uongo tena  angry angry
Mimi si kama wewe wakati wote

It seems you are not thinking straight here. I understand the emotions behind it and I am calling you and others that we as A PEOPLE should ask "What our security forces are doing about the killing of people in the NE of Nigeria"

that is all or am I saying rubbish to you ?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by realchange: 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2012
^
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
realchange:

^

Yes sir smiley. Now we are going the right through the right direction but since we are not barbarians and cannot just do Jungle Justice, we have to report to the security or the security should come to our aid right ?

Now that the security has watch this boko haram people kill and threaten people for a year now without any question. Should we not ask what our security forces are doing ?

Broad day light, our police men watch as people were killed in A TOWN HALL and not by bomb but gun men and still no questions have been asked till now. Surly you have to agree with me that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the security agents in this country isn't it ?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sheyguy: 12:58am On Jan 07, 2012
iiiyyyk:

we are all saying the truths

before independent and oil discovery the various region depends on agriculture.
north-, groundnut- hence, kano groundnut pyramids
west (Sw), cocoa , Ibadan cocoa house
East (se/ss), palm oil, Ada palm(imo state) Rison Palm (River) etc
SE, coal , Enugu.

it also clear that some people don't research b4 coming to post.

LETS NOT DIGRESS FROM THE MAIN TOPIC.
The setimental protest is gradualy dieing in every part of Nigeria cos it was build on false ground.
NURTW say they are not part of the protest and labour plans.
Amalgamated union of SE traders said they are not part of the protest
Cuort of industries, rejects labour strike,
HA HA HA,

we r all saying the same thing, but i hate pple who insult the intel of others, simply give us a link that shows percentage of contribution by each zone or produce/export comodity.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by iiiyyyk(m): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
we should learn to use the internet for positive things and make constructive criticism with truths.

The reason why are oppose the protest was because the labour leaders are just intrested in strike and prostest and not to help the nigeria system and people.

we all agree that nigeria gives out 8billion naira [$1.2 trillion} to Major oil dealers and companies owned by politicians,their children and allies every year. this amount increases every yr.

Most of us want this to stop but are afraid of the consequences of the removal.

what i expected labour to do was to have given federal government a list of conditions that will ameliorate the sufferings of the people, that must be meet b4 the removal of subsidy.
things like,

90% production for all refineries,
25000 diesel buses since diesel has no subsidy.
3 functional dual carriage rail way tracks (lagos to kano, lagos to Aba and ph to meduguri)
reduction of politicians gross salary not just basic salary by 25%
investigate all those trial all those involve in subsidy frauds. etc

with this, i will be protesting for our welfare at the same not leaving Nigeria in the same bad state. we need changes in this nation, brothers.

just my opinion
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by otokx(m): 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2012
2moro is not far, we shall know if the strike is successful or not.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sbeezy8: 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
the topic is a joke. literally there was protest in warri and benin city
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem(m): 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2012
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sbeezy8: 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2012
Original poster is a FO.OL

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sbeezy8: 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^ if im not mistaken Edo is SS
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by omonnakoda: 12:31am On May 23, 2015
Schematics:
grin grin . grin

i am a homosexual

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

"It Took Us 10 Days To Count N1.2bn Money Dasuki Gave Fayose" - Witness / PDP Presidential Campaign Live In Jigawa Sai Atiku 16 February 2016. / Senator Adeola Threatens To Embrace Self-Defence Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.