Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? (23276 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by emmatok(m): 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
GEJ propaganda machine rolling big time.

I heard he is now the president of the SS alone.

We are watching how the drama will end, hope he is not going the blame other tribes for his failures after four years.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
blacksta:

Beaf what is your thought on the 1600 buses. Is that not subsidy?

Will people pay to get on them? The answer lies there, sir.

By the way, I am not against proper subsidies. Subsidies are a brilliant thing if they are used to kickstart productivity in an economy; I will back subsidies on agriculture, Research and Development, education, health, manufacturing, local content etc.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

Will people pay to get on them? The answer lies there, sir.

By the way, I am not against proper subsidies. Subsidies are a brilliant thing if they are used to kickstart productivity in an economy; I will back subsidies on agriculture, Research and Development, education, health, manufacturing, local content etc.

You have to be having a laugh

Was it not Iweala and co that said  they subsidies fertilizers for farmers but it was sold to other countries just like the case the fuel subsidy. On channels doing the fuel subsidy debate

You are a joke, so what you you said it shows you are very biased and bigoted

Fertilizers have been subsidised in the past and now removed just like fuel subsidy now. Has our agricultural sector been improved ?

IS IT NOT OBVIOUS THAT TO STOP THE EXPORTATION OF SUBSIDISED PRODUCTS TO OTHER COUNTRIES IS BY MAKING OUR BOARDERS TIGHTER
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Isuata: 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
COZA, The Wealthy Place!!!
News flash, COZA is going to be subsiding fuel by going to several fuel stations to pay for all the fuel they have. Members of the church will be the ones to sell the fuel and people are encouraged to come out and buy fuel at a subsidized rate. Other services like cleaning of windscreens will also be available. When this will happen will soon be communicated to you. We are just carrying out God's instructions. We celebrate you!!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
blacksta:

Beaf what is your thought on the 1600 buses. Is that not subsidy?

I know it does not concern me but I would advice you not to listen to the lies this beaf is talking about
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Isuata: 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2012
COZA, The Wealthy Place!!!
News flash, COZA is going to be subsiding fuel by going to several fuel stations to pay for all the fuel they have. Members of the church will be the ones to sell the fuel and people are encouraged to come out and buy fuel at a subsidized rate. Other services like cleaning of windscreens will also be available. When this will happen will soon be communicated to you. We are just carrying out God's instructions. We celebrate you!!

, http://www.facebook.com/cozaonline/posts/10150464168897058
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Gbawe: 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
2mch:

!!!!!

WHAT! It seems Beaf has changed strategy. I am sure his army on NL are deleting posts. I saw with my eyes how you tried to use tribalism, calling Yoruba's and Northerner's parasites. Where is Gbawe?! This is unbelievable. GADDEMIT! shocked shocked shocked shocked

My brother, what have I missed !!!!!!!!

2mch:

Everything Beaf says as of today must be quoted for reference. This guy is just WOW. My mouth cannot close o. Well his recent  backing down may show that GEJ is giving up. Am sure this is most evident since Christians (Igbo, Yoruba, Northerner ) and Muslims (Yoruba and Northerner) came together in the Kano protest. Shame to bad people and tribal warlord benefactors. The fact is the damage has been done. Over 5,000 people have read this page. [/b]Please share the news that GEJ is a tribalist. He is not a Nigerian president but an ND president as Beaf will have us believe.

wetin I miss na ??

kingoflag:

Woooooow!!!! I can't believe this Beaf guy sha!

Something we all saw with our eyes. Infact, [b]YOU SAID THE EXACT SAME THING ON TWITTER
AS @RENOOMOKRI and everyone attacked you including @ElRufai.

So, why the denial?

What the eff did I miss !!!!!!

alj_harem:

Are you minding the bigot

Alhaji wetin happen ? What did I miss ?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by 2mch(m): 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

Hello! Point at the exact line where I mentioned any specific ethnic group or maintain yourself as the shameless liar that you are. Go on, its a challenge.
Brainless mollusc.

You are only responding here because of the id!otic bigotry that drives you and 90% of the "revolutionaries."

Gbawe:

My brother, what have I missed !!!!!!!!

wetin I miss na ??

What the eff did I miss !!!!!!

Alhaji wetin happen ? What did I miss ?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf:

Only deluded fools think Beaf = Reno Omokri. But I will leave you clowns to air your arses and talk rubbish as is usual with your kind.

The hardcore way wey you dey take deny am, and the similarity between your writing styles. . . . hmmmn

Mba! I no believe you. Plus, you've shown that you'll lie at any given opportunity, just like him.

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck. . . .
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 05, 2012
For those who don't know, @Renoomkri A.K.A BEAF called Northerners Parasites on twitter. When the whole world descended on him he changed gear and claimed his account had been hacked and the tweet was immediately deleted!

Sounds familiar?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 1:01am On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf you have not answered the question
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 1:05am On Jan 05, 2012
^
What in the list of your daft utterances, are you referring to?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 1:09am On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf:

^
What in the list of your daft utterances, are you referring to?

You are clown

As usually you were MISINFORMING GULLIBLE NIGERIANS about the derivation of the funds recovered from subsidy.

And I posted what Iweala said on fertilizer subsidy during the channels debate.

And I asked, is it not obvious to close the border, arrest the thieves, build the necessary infrastructures before removing the subsidy.

alj_harem:

You have to be having a laugh

Was it not Iweala and co that said  they subsidies fertilizers for farmers but it was sold to other countries just like the case the fuel subsidy. On channels doing the fuel subsidy debate

You are a joke, so what you you said it shows you are very biased and bigoted

Fertilizers have been subsidised in the past and now removed just like fuel subsidy now. Has our agricultural sector been improved ?

IS IT NOT OBVIOUS THAT TO STOP THE EXPORTATION OF SUBSIDISED PRODUCTS TO OTHER COUNTRIES IS BY MAKING OUR BOARDERS TIGHTER
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 1:23am On Jan 05, 2012
^
You are intensely stup!d if you can equate the suggestion below to fertilizer subsidies:

Beaf: By the way, I am not against proper subsidies. Subsidies are a brilliant thing if they are used to kickstart productivity in an economy; I will back subsidies on agriculture, Research and Development, education, health, manufacturing, local content etc.

No wonder I ignored your rant. Dude, you must have a plug of shiit in your head instead of a brain. You are not worth answering and I really hope you are only pretending to be so stup!d.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 1:31am On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf:

^
You are intensely stup!d if you can equate the suggestion below to fertilizer subsidies:

No wonder I ignored your rant. Dude, you must have a plug of shiit in your head instead of a brain. You are not worth answering and I really hope you are only pretending to be so stup!d.

You see how silly you sound ?

You wrote " I will back subsidies on agriculture, Research and Development, education, health, manufacturing, local content etc."

and I wrote that Iweala has already removed subsidy on fertilizers because of the SAME reason as that of fuel.

so why would you support that of agriculture to be reintroduced and support that of fuel to be taken out ?

Is it because you just want to make GEJ look good and without thinking you wrote the most stu.pid thing on Nairaland

thus answer my question since u shot urself on the foot.

Let me remind you that before the subsidy of agriculture was removed, the necessary infrastructure was built aka the fertilizer industry was built to accommodate the removal of the agricultural subsidy

why was the same not implemented on fuel by building our refinery ?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by iiiyyyk(m): 1:43am On Jan 05, 2012
SE  will not waste their time protesting. subsidy or no subsidy we don't care, what we want from Naija is true federalism, so that we can use our God giving talents and creativity to fulfill our dream of being the most evenly developed and industrialize region in Africa.
most great nations of the world are not great because they have oil and gas.

Brothers from SE please don't join the protest, if you do, tomorrow they will all betray u and again make you the  scapegoat

Two cannot work without agreement. in the Nigeria project we expect more than two to work without agreement, its not possible brothers. The Nigeria project is a failed project.
Politicians need more money to share.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 1:49am On Jan 05, 2012
iiiyyyk:

SE  will not waste their time protesting. subsidy or no subsidy we don't care, what we want from Naija is true federalism, so that we can use our God giving talents and creativity to fulfill our dream of being the most evenly developed and industrialize region in Africa.

Brothers from SE please don't join the protest, if you do, tomorrow they will all betray u and again make you the  scapegoat

Two cannot work without agreement. in the Nigeria project we expect more than two to work without agreement, its not possible brothers. The Nigeria project is a failed project.

thank you, please go and sleep. If you notice, I did not add SE in my discussion. reason being nairaland bigots would start attacking me.

I know there are still some sane Igbos out there devoid of bigotry and thus they would join the country. thank you.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:53am On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf:

^

smh.
if this is how you argue your points, by getting personal and throwing insults, then I find it rather unsuprising that nairalanders think you are reno omakri. you, the very same person that "advised" me not to get personal on another thread, is getting personal on an issue you claim to be making "iindependent comments" on.
you sit there and call other nigerians leeches and beggars; tell me you have never benefited from something that doesn't belong to you and i'll take you as the biggest liar i've ever come across. the money your parents put into paying your school fees, did you work for it? why didn't you tell them to shelve it, that you would work it out yourself?

in my opinion, you have no ccredibility left
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 05, 2012
iiiyyyk:

Should I give you the answer Beaf has been running around town spreading as the solution to your problems?

TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR GOVERNORS AND LG CHAIRMEN.

Sounds stupi*d, right?

No worry, na all of una the thing go bite real soon keep playing the tribalism card. I hope Nigeria splits without bloodshed so you can be stuck with the same Officials you have right now, na then you go know say Khaki no be the same as leather. Or who do you think will rule when everyone goes their separate ways; you or the man with Billions of embezzled Dollars stashed in his bank account?!

God! What kind of mentality has poverty given these people?! undecided
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 1:56am On Jan 05, 2012
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

smh.
if this is how you argue your points, by getting personal and throwing insults, then I find it rather unsuprising that nairalanders think you are reno omakri. you, the very same person that "advised" me not to get personal on another thread, is getting personal on an issue you claim to be making "iindependent comments" on.
you sit there and call other nigerians leeches and beggars; tell me you have never benefited from something that doesn't belong to you and i'll take you as the biggest liar i've ever come across. the money your parents put into paying your school fees, did you work for it? why didn't you tell them to shelve it, that you would work it out yourself?

in my opinion, you have no ccredibility left

+ 10

Beaf is gradually being exposed

Don't forget, not only him but his goons such as Onlytruth, Point B, dmainboss etc
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 1:57am On Jan 05, 2012
[size=15pt]North Central Christians mobilise against removal of fuel subsidy[/size]

Jos: Two civil right groups, the United Action for Democracy (UAD), North Central Zone and Christian Foundation for Social Justice and Equity say they would mobilize citizens in the zone to embark on mass protests against the removal of oil subsidy as from Monday. The groups in a joint statement on Wednesday signed by Messrs Joseph Sangosanya and Jide Afolabi for the Christian foundation and UAD respectively, described the increase in the price of petrol as inhuman considering the hardship Nigerians were already going through.

“We consider this policy not only insensitive, ill thought out and absolutely unnecessary, but also provocative and inhumane. Given the fact that 80% of Nigerians live below what is considered the poverty line, and 90% live on less than two dollars a day, an increase of this magnitude or whatever magnitude for that matter will spell social and economic doom for the vast majority of Nigerians who are already overburdened by unemployment, poor infrastructure, high cost of living, unaffordable basic social services and dwindling livelihoods.

“As it stands, cost of transport, goods and other services have already tripled in all states of the North Central Zone and elsewhere. Transport fare from Jos to Abuja that used to be N1, 200, is now N2500. Some families who travelled out of the State for the festivities are already stranded as their budget can no longer take them back home”, it said.

The statement added that Nigerians were not convinced on government’s pledge of judicious use of the money saved from the subsidy removal adding, “going by previous similar promises by the same economic think tank (like the $1billion to be saved annually from Paris Club debt deal and channeled into critical infrastructure), it is clear that this government has neither the will nor the sincerity of purpose to pursue real transformative and poverty alleviating economic reforms.

Worse still, government’s failure to tackle the ‘cabal’ which it claims at every instance is responsible for colossal fraud in oil importation, and its failure to revamp the refineries (which by the way if operating at installed capacity can provide both the real and ‘ghost’ local consumption figures), is proof of this.

It is worrying that in a country that is rated as a key exporter of crude oil on the one hand, while its citizens are noted as some of the poorest in the world on the other; government will even contemplate such a debilitating economic policy.”

It added: “Beginning from Monday the 9th of January, 2012, we shall mobilize citizens to begin an indefinite series of mass actions aimed to registering discontent over the suffering this policy has already begun to bring about.”

It condemned attempts by some state governments to ban protests arguing that freedom of assembly and to protest against unpopular government policies were constitutionally guaranteed rights of citizens.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/groups-mobilize-against-fuel-subsidy-removal/
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 2:04am On Jan 05, 2012
kingoflag:

Should I give you the answer Beaf has been running around town spreading as the solution to your problems?

TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR GOVERNORS AND LG CHAIRMEN.

Sounds stupi*d, right?

No worry, na all of una the thing go bite real soon keep playing the tribalism card. I hope Nigeria splits without bloodshed so you can be stuck with the same Officials you have right now, na then you go know say Khaki no be the same as leather. Or who do you think will rule when everyone goes their separate ways; you or the man with Billions of embezzled Dollars stashed in his bank account?!

God! What kind of mentality has poverty given these people?! undecided

Very well said, Nigerians are watching
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sheyguy: 2:06am On Jan 05, 2012
iiiyyyk:

Are u guys waiting for Buhari, Tinubu, Sanusi, and Akande to go to sleep b4 u start ur own lunatic protest by slaughtering them in their sleep or u r just being urself here.
Instead of coming out to express ur hidden fustration at ur Brother u r consoling urself behing the keyboard.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by OneNaira6: 3:05am On Jan 05, 2012
iiiyyyk:

I support the bolded. An average Igbo, SE and SS knows this protest is not going to change the mind of the of the politician especially when the protest is about something we experienced and still experiencing.  It is now a national problem and they b1tching about it  undecided.  As a former comment mentioned when SS was protesting and crying where was other Nigerian region, the only other region that stood up for us was SE, now they want us to protest with them? Commot.  When SE was protesting, they were branded as bad by Nigerians, now SE decided not to protest, Na wahalla too. What do they want? Is an Igbo or any other SE or SS protesting going to change the outcome of what happened? I suppose because the scapegoat refused to protest, a new scapegoat has to surface in case things turns sour and they do not want that.  I support Igbo not protesting; I support SE and SS as whole not protesting we want succession, not revolution.  Nigeria is unfixable and every day, Nigeria proves this fact.  Each year new problem surfaces and when that is dealt with, another problem surfaces. It is as easy as ABC, as they say you cannot save a dead man, all you can save is a dying man. Nigeria has corrupted the mind of SE and SS politicians, when Nigeria break apart, our politicians will be dealt with but as for now let us focus on the breaking away part thus SE and SS listen to the old, young and new do not protest.  Listen oo!, don’t get involved at all.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 3:09am On Jan 05, 2012
One_Naira:

I support the bolded. An average Igbo, SE and SS knows this protest is not going to change the mind of the of the politician especially when the protest is about something we experienced and still experiencing.  It is now a national problem and they b1tching about it  undecided.  As a former comment mentioned when SS was protesting and crying where was other Nigerian region, the only other region that stood up for us was SE, now they want us to protest with them? Commot.  When SE was protesting, they were branded as bad by Nigerians, now SE decided not to protest, Na wahalla too. What do they want? Is an Igbo or any other SE or SS protesting going to change the outcome of what happened? I suppose because the scapegoat refused to protest, a new scapegoat has to surface in case things turns sour and they do not want that.  I support Igbo not protesting; I support SE and SS as whole not protesting we want succession, not revolution.  Nigeria is unfixable and every day, Nigeria proves this fact.  Each year new problem surfaces and when that is dealt with, another problem surfaces. It is as easy as ABC, as they say you cannot save a dead man, all you can save is a dying man. Nigeria has corrupted the mind of SE and SS politicians, when Nigeria break apart, our politicians will be dealt with but as for now let us focus on the breaking away part thus SE and SS listen to the old, young and new do not protest.  Listen oo!, don’t get involved at all.

shey nigerians beg u ?

btw too late

[size=18pt]protest in edo state[/size]

BENIN CITY - A student body under the aegis of Edo Youths For Good Governance (EYFGG) yesterday carried out a protest march, calling on the federal government to revert its decision on the removal of fuel subsidy.

The group also circulated a letter which was signed by its President, J.C. Iyamu Osaro and Director of Public Affairs, Comrade Ehigiator James, saying the decision for the removal was orchestrated by the ruling class to continue to impoverish other poor Nigerians.

He said unemployment which had been the bane behind the criminal vices like kidnapping, armed robbery, bombing and insecurity in the land could have been addressed through direct investment on infrastructural development across the decaying sector of the economy that spaned the length and breathe of the country.

The group which carried placards with inscription such as: “Say no to fuel subsidy removal”, Say no to austerity measures” and Say no to local colonial leaders on fuel prices” accused the President Jonathan-led government of inflicting pains on Nigerians.

The statement added, “Since Jonathan emerged as the President of Nigeria, we have continued to experience economic crises, insecurity and another pain have been added unto our pains, we are saying no to fuel subsidy removal, we are saying that Jonathan should harness the resources of the country, he should create an idea that is geared towards impacting on the lives of our people.

Today we see austerity measure in the country; we are ready to join all the civil groups to protest the removal of fuel subsidy. We will continuously embark on massive protest, there is going to be revolution like what we see in Libya, Jonathan is a failure.

http://nigerianobservernews.com/04012012/news/news1.html
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Onlytruth(m): 3:16am On Jan 05, 2012
One_Naira:

Thank you bros.  cool
They would NEVER protest over REAL ISSUES. They want to indirectly remove Jonathan. Well, they should do so frontally, lets see what would happen. These p.u.ssy -footing and hiding under fuel subsidy will only deceive foolish people.
My advise continues to be STAY AWAY FROM THESE RALLIES. THEY ARE NOT THE SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEM IN NIGERIA.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by otokx(m): 4:02am On Jan 05, 2012
We are at liberty to either join in the riot or join in the strike or just go about our normal lives. We can also do all 3 too.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 05, 2012
[size=18pt]Why would states that are basically useless and are fed by the proceeds of others go demonstrating?[/size]

Interesting perspective.

Beaf, tomorrow, will say he's not a tribalist.

What happened to the "SS/SE, Strategies For Pulling Out Of The Corpse " thread you created last year?

Always searching for support.

SW should keep on protesting abeg, until that village kabukabu ediot has been disgraced or impeached, or whichever the fcukk comes first. Stick with the fishing rods and leave the real work to real men.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 4:40am On Jan 05, 2012
^
What is wrong with the perspective? Is there any state that is not basically useless and is there any that has the right to launch ethnically driven protests they pretend are for the removal of subsidies?
I have opened a thread about subsidies on wood, stones and other mineral resources. Sadly, you have not seen the need to go there and scream for subsidies. I wonder why?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-839159.0.html

There must be something to subsidise from each state, including yours. Please go to that thread and add it to the list.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf:

^
[size=18pt]What is wrong with the perspective?[/size] Is there any state that is not basically useless and is there any that has the right to launch ethnically driven protests they pretend are for the removal of subsidies?
I have opened a thread about subsidies on wood, stones and other mineral resources. Sadly, you have not seen the need to go there and scream for subsidies. I wonder why?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-839159.0.html

There must be something to subsidise from each state, including yours. Please go to that thread and add it to the list.

Nothing, nothing at all.

As long as you know who you're truly convincing.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 4:47am On Jan 05, 2012
alj_harem:

shey nigerians beg u ?

btw too late

[size=18pt]protest in edo state[/size]

BENIN CITY - A student body under the aegis of Edo Youths For Good Governance (EYFGG) yesterday carried out a protest march, calling on the federal government to revert its decision on the removal of fuel subsidy.

The group also circulated a letter which was signed by its President, J.C. Iyamu Osaro and Director of Public Affairs, Comrade Ehigiator James, saying the decision for the removal was orchestrated by the ruling class to continue to impoverish other poor Nigerians.

He said unemployment which had been the bane behind the criminal vices like kidnapping, armed robbery, bombing and insecurity in the land could have been addressed through direct investment on infrastructural development across the decaying sector of the economy that spaned the length and breathe of the country.

The group which carried placards with inscription such as: “Say no to fuel subsidy removal”, Say no to austerity measures” and Say no to local colonial leaders on fuel prices” accused the President Jonathan-led government of inflicting pains on Nigerians.

The statement added, “Since Jonathan emerged as the President of Nigeria, we have continued to experience economic crises, insecurity and another pain have been added unto our pains, we are saying no to fuel subsidy removal, we are saying that Jonathan should harness the resources of the country, he should create an idea that is geared towards impacting on the lives of our people.

Today we see austerity measure in the country; we are ready to join all the civil groups to protest the removal of fuel subsidy. We will continuously embark on massive protest, there is going to be revolution like what we see in Libya, Jonathan is a failure.

http://nigerianobservernews.com/04012012/news/news1.html

Shoit is slowly hitting the fan.

I guess that Edo state is not only in a "non-SS/SE" region but also contributing nada to great Nigeria, according to someone's perspective.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 5:07am On Jan 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Nothing, nothing at all.

As long as you know who you're truly convincing.

I don't need to convince anyone. Our part of the country has born the brunt of all sorts of abuse from the the rest. All we get are threats and demeaning words; just a few days ago, a member of the Supreme Court made a public apology for his threats. Don't you think at some point we will be tired of being threatened and demeaned?

That point passed long ago, but many have not noticed. Many have been making threats to wipe us out as soon as they can get GEJ; then this brainless "revolution"  to topple GEJ pops up. How do you think we are gonna react, with smiles and thank you's?

We have had pogroms, Asaba, Odi, Gbaramatu. We will have no more. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo’s Senior Wife, Kafayat Oyinlola Adeyemi Marks 60th Birthday / Nigeria Moves To Establish National Guard / Work Begins On The Collapsed Portion Of Makurdi-lafia-abuja Road (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.