Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? (23239 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by dayokanu(m): 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
Read up on the previous post on the generation of cowards and the slave gene
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
omanzo02:

This is a proven evidence that if nigeria break up now it would be all out famine for SW, NC, NE, and NW. grin grin grin

This is just mere subsidy removal, well those planning a revolution should go ahead, SS and SE are planning secession.
I think a sovereign national conference is need now to readress nigeria as a whole.

You don talk am finish!just pms subsidy removal,dem want to die.what happens by the time SE and SS pull out from the sick country Nigeria?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
If you look at the history of protests in Nigeria you will find an answer to your question.

Protests movements never usually start anywhere but Lagos before spreading elsewhere. It is only during when Abuja became Federal Capital that Abuja began to rival Lagos.

Go and Check from history even in the military era. Protests usually start from the Federal capital and when very significant they now spread to other parts of Nigeria.
Abuja is the federal capital, Lagos remains the commercial capital.

It is either naive or dishonest to draw a different conclusion on this occassion!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2012
Bloody set of beggers!!! Go tell ur elected officials to use their brain
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by emmke(m): 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
omanzo02:

This is a proven evidence that if nigeria break up now it would be all out famine for SW, NC, NE, and NW. grin grin grin

This is just mere subsidy removal, well those planning a revolution should go ahead, SS and SE are planning secession.
I think a sovereign national conference is need now to readress nigeria as a whole.
illiterate. The NC can feed the nation 10 times over, famine has never being our portion. People like u are just sell out for the common man. Thank God the average igbo man on the streets does not reason like u.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by MrGlobe(m): 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
@kingoflag your post was elaborative enough but dont expect the pighead - beaf to understand that.
LOOK you guys should ignore this beaf. He is not important. It time to plan the way forward. Am sick of you guys giving this bas tard attention. Protest continues 2moro
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
BTW those protesting in Lagos and Abuja are from all parts of Nigeria!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by warrior01: 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
my dear, it is not about any protest starting in lagos or whatever. All these nonsense you are seeing are meant to settle political scores because they can't bear that fact that someone not from their zone is occupying the seat of power. I can make bold to say that if it is someone from their zone (fashola) that removed the scam known as fuel subsidy, you would have seen them hailing the decision. Bigots looking for freebies
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2012
warrior01:

my dear, it is not about any protest starting in lagos or whatever. All these nonsense you are seeing are meant to settle political scores because they can't bear that fact that someone not from their zone is occupying the seat of power. I can make bold to say that if it is someone from their zone (fashola) that removed the scam known as fuel subsidy, you would have seen them hailing the decision. Bigots looking for freebies  

Yes, you're very right! The protests over the Lekki tolls was done only because the Current Governor of Lagos State is Japanese!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by tpia5: 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ topic

nothing new about that.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by warrior01: 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
pls, can you name one notable protester amongst the lot?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by kpogede77: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
why we may not protest in the ND. We believe that we are already in a state of war with northerners. There are certain scarifies one has to make during war. As painful as it is to us, we will stand by GEJ. We are suppose to be the people crying more because we own the crude in abundance and we are buying petrol at N150. it is a scarifies we have to make because we are in a war situation with northerners. If we can't bear anymore we will cut off supply to the north and stop tankers from loading to the north let the war begins. GEJ is confused, he can no longer reason anymore because of the war the northerners and OIC is waging against us. We know the timing of the fuel subsidy removal is wrong but how can the man reason properly to know that January is not the right time to remove subsidy. We will cut off supply and refine our crude locally, if we cannot refine pms we will refine AGO and rely on diesel engine for transportation. In any case we don't have much to loose let the war begins. The SS and SE should reserve their energy for the bigger war coming, we are not one Nigeria. Kudos to Musiwa the prophet
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
omanzo02:

This post makes a lot of sense.The SS/SE are more for secession not revolution.Besides those calling for revolution because of fuel subsidy removal are mostly the parasitic groups.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
warrior01:

pls, can you name one notable protester amongst the lot?

That'll be hard to do: Most of your "NOTABLE" Celebrities endorsed GEJ, remember?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Afam4eva(m): 8:57pm On Jan 03, 2012
Are those that are protesting not from all parts of Nigeria?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Chubhie: 8:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
It's still early to conclude that the SS/SE wont join in resisting this ill timed policy. If and when they join, i will then comment my reserve. Agent beaf is still fighting and battling hard to justify his pay-which is understandable.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by realchange: 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
they want gej out. it will not happen. revolution my azz
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
kpogede77:

why we may not protest in the ND. We believe that we are already in a state of war with northerners. There are certain scarifies one has to make during war. As painful as it is to us, we will stand by GEJ. We are suppose to be the people crying more because we own the crude in abundance and we are buying petrol at N150. it is a scarifies we have to make because we are in a war situation with northerners. If we can't bear anymore we will cut off supply to the north and stop tankers from loading to the north let the war begins. GEJ is confused, he can no longer reason anymore because of the war the northerners and OIC is waging against us. We know the timing of the fuel subsidy removal is wrong but how can the man reason properly to know that January is not the right time to remove subsidy. We will cut off supply and refine our crude locally, if we cannot refine pms we will refine AGO and rely on diesel engine for transportation. In any case we don't have much to loose let the war begins. The SS and SE should reserve their energy for the bigger war coming, we are not one Nigeria. Kudos to Musiwa the prophet

You see why I said that country has to split---- and soon?!!

It just doesn't make sense. Most of these people are crazy.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
^^^ @ kpogede77,whats cooking? we de await directive o  grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
Banky W, El Dee Tha Don, Seun Kuti and a host of others are among those protesting.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
kpogede77:

As painful as it is to us, we will stand by GEJ. We are suppose to be the people crying more because we own the crude in abundance and we are buying petrol at N150. it is a scarifies we have to make because we are in a war situation with northerners.

Recent Estimates put GEJ's Net worth at $1.8Billion- $3.5 Billion.

How much are you worth?! Lmao wow
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by warrior01: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2012
and they are all from where? pls can you tell me where were they when the lekki toll protest was going on? where were the femi falanas, monday ubanis etc? buncha hypocrites
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Gbawe: 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2012
I see the man who loves to be all things to all men is here decietfully soliticing the support of those who cannot think without recourse to ethnic and religious bigotry. What is going on is simply a National struggle against a callous Government that wan't to hide the corruption it is involved with while abdicating its duty of care towards  all Nigerians. It is only simpletons who will jump the gun to think protests will not spread to the rest of Nigeria over severe pains no ordinary Nigerian will be immune from feeling.

It is also amusing to read simplistic statements that panders only to ignorance such as this below:

This is a proven evidence that if nigeria break up now it would be all out famine for SW, NC, NE, and NW.

While I will not arrogate it upon myself to speak on behalf of others, I can prove that a recourse to fact and current events show that the SW will be more than OK.

Ondo alone , and amongst other things, produces 10% of the Oil of Nigeria. See below for yourself:

http://osccima.org/investors.html

INVESTMENT POTENTIALS

MINERAL RESOURCES
Ondo State is abundantly endowed with oil and solid mineral resources like bitumen, kaolin, silicon sand, ball clay, tin, marble and salt with forest reserves. The state produces crude oil which is estimated to contribute up to 10 percent of the country's crude oil production and reserves, and also possesses liquefied natural gas deposits in commercial quantity that can produce as much as 20 million tons of natural gas per year thereby, creating enourmous opportunities like gas development and conversion, marketing of crude oil, drilling operations, civil work, production and storage of crude oil.

In the line up of solid resources deposited in the state, not much has been done to exploit them. The State possesses one of the largest bitumen deposits in the world, yet the state produces crude oil which is estimated to contribute up to 10 per cent of the country's crude oil production and reserves, and also possesses liquefied natural gas deposits in commercial quantity that can produce as much as 20 million tons of natural gas per year has not been commercially exploited. Same goes for others like kaolin clay, iron ore, quartz sand, limestone, columbite, coal, gemstone, diorite, lignite, tin and marble. Minerals that are presently been mined in the state like granite cannot be processed in the State because there are no processing companies, so it has to be taken to other states and even other country's to be processed. Same goes for silica sand used for glass production and ball clay used in the production of ceramics. All these resources are available in commercial quantities, and beckon on investors to harness Ondo's great potentials.

From the above and  given how all SW Governors have genuinely gone back towards developing their agricultural sector , along with a strong emphasis on regional development, it would seem the SW , down to the comparatively progressive leadership it is now enjoying, is up to speed with the reality of Nigeria's history that made many undeserving and visionless military leaders decimate every sector in favour of oil. That trend continued even beyond 1999 and under, ostensibly, 'democratic' Governments which in reality , and till today, has a strong vestige of the militaristic thinking ( IBB, OBJ, Danjuma, et al) that believes firmly in harmful concentration of power in an all-powerful centre. If anything, I see the SW developing very rapidly once free of the interference of an indolent centre run by gradualists and elite-leaning thinkers likes GEJ, OBJ, Anenih et al.

Some of you should worry, if Nigeria seperates, about those who will immediately step into the breeches as your leaders. Any hope for the SS, for example, with GEJ, Alamco and the NDDC boys et al running the show? You all should stop the simplistic and highly ignorant thinking that makes you assume possessing oil alone is enough to guarantee your regional success while preposterously alluding that others will suffer.

When the SW itself has oil and gas, is moving seriously towards reviving its agricutural sector as a regional priority and has comparatively progressive leaders in charge currently, I really dont know how some of you can think the SW will be worse off than you. Your pat little theory , aside denying the 'healthy' natural endowment of the region, heavily ignores the human element. What are the NDDC leaders doing if not embezzling the funds meant to develop the Niger Delta? What, for example, will change for the region if everyone went their seperate ways? Would these greedy saboteurs not be first in line to take over? You should all really start thinking before spamming the net shouting about about "parasite" and "laziness" in the direction of others. Nothing , for example, demonstrates parasitism and laziness more than "sons of the soil" who prefer o embrace corruption and indolence instead of developing their States and region. What , as a practical example, is Bayelsa's excuse for non-development with the allocation it gets and population under 2 million?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nadanbata: 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
SS/SE is for secession ?  cheesy cheesy cheesy Who dey give you secession See these guys  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by chillbabe(f): 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Beaf am totally for the subsidy removel cause it didn't take Nigeria any where it didn't bring any development. But your president should have made the refinery's here up and running before the removal and then increase the fuel with 25naira only. U are to tribalistic in your post. The oil doesn't belong only to the ss or se it belongs to Nigeria. How do u want someone that earns a salary of 1800naira to coupe u tell me.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by warrior01: 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
Still wondering why parasites are making the whole noise while the real owners are quite. No wonder they opposed full resource control at the last national conference. Empty barrels that can't live without hand outs.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Chubhie: 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

I see the man who loves to be all things to all men is here decietfully soliticing the support of those who cannot think without recourse to ethnic and religious bigotry. What is going on is simply a National struggle against a callous Government that wan't to hide the corruption it is involved with while abdicating its duty of care towards  all Nigerians. It is only simpletons who will jump the gun to think protests will not spread to the rest of Nigeria over severe pains no ordinary Nigerian will be immune from feeling.

It is also amusing to read simplistic statements that panders only to ignorance such as this below:

While I will not arrogate it upon myself to speak on behalf of others, I can prove that a recourse to fact and current events show that the SW will be more than OK.

Ondo alone , and amongst other things, produces 10% of the Oil of Nigeria. See below for yourself:

http://osccima.org/investors.html

From the above and  given how all SW Governors have genuinely gone back towards developing their agricultural sector , along with a strong emphasis on regional development, it would seem the SW , down to the comparatively progressive leadership it is now enjoying, is up to speed with the reality of Nigeria's history that made many undeserving and visionless military leaders decimate every sector in favour of oil. That trend continued even beyond 1999 and under, ostensibly, 'democratic' Governments which in reality , and till today, has a strong vestige of the militaristic thinking ( IBB, OBJ, Danjuma, et al) that believes firmly in harmful concentration of power in an all-powerful centre. If anything, I see the SW developing very rapidly once free of the interference of an indolent centre run by gradualists and elite-leaning thinkers likes GEJ, OBJ, Anenih et al.

Some of you should worry, if Nigeria seperates, about those who will immediately step into the breeches as your leaders. Any hope for the SS, for example, with GEJ, Alamco and the NDDC boys et al running the show? You all should stop the simplistic and highly ignorant thinking that makes you assume possessing oil alone is enough to guarantee your regional success while preposterously alluding that others will suffer.

When the SW itself has oil and gas, is moving seriously towards reviving its agricutural sector as a regional priority and has comparatively progressive leaders in charge currently, I really dont know how some of you can think the SW will be worse off than you. Your pat little theory , aside denying the 'healthy' natural endowment of the region, heavily ignores the human element. What are the NDDC leaders doing if not embezzling the funds meant to develop the Niger Delta? What, for example, will change for the region if everyone went their seperate ways? Would these greedy saboteurs not be first in line to take over? You should all really start thinking before spamming the net shouting about about "parasite" and "laziness" in the direction of others. Nothing , for example, demonstrates parasitism and laziness more than "sons of the soil" who prefer o embrace corruption and indolence instead of developing their States and region. What , as a practical example, is Bayelsa's excuse for non-development with the allocation it gets and population under 2 million?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Chyz2: 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
When SW and North protest, only police are called out. Wen SE protests the military is called out and people are killed left and right.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by VoodooDoll(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
^^^ Its a gradual and steady process leading to our split in 2015.Fuel subsidy is gone.Resource control is next.Those who claim to have solid minerals and agriculture should go ahead and control their own solid minerals and agriculture resources and stop parasiting on oil producing communities.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by VoodooDoll(m): 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
^^^^^

Those who have solid minerals would like to exploit them but the corrupt and pathetic PDP system in control at the centre corrupts everything and frustrates everyone.

Which is why I get amazed when ignorant people speak foolishly.

People keep insulting the North not knowing the region is awash with treaures: How many people know that Niger state is awash in gold and rare metals?

The SW is self-sustaining and produces more oil than it needs, and used Agriculture to build Lagos.

I repeat:  Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin. The old ways of ruling Nigeria have been found wanting and their days are short.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Gbawe: 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2012
VoodooDoll:

^^^^^

Those who have solid minerals would like to exploit them but the corrupt and pathetic PDP system in control at the centre corrupts everything and frustrates everyone.

Which is why I get amazed when ignorant people speak foolishly.

People keep insulting the North not knowing the region is awash with treaures: How many people know that Niger state is awash in gold and rare metals?

The SW is self-sustaining and produces more oil than it needs, and used Agriculture to build Lagos.

I repeat:  Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin. The old ways of ruling Nigeria have been found wanting and their days are short.

My brother, leave some to their simplistic and ignorant talk led by nothing but feudalism and base clannishness. What you also conclude above is more or less what i meant when I wrote:

If anything, I see the SW developing very rapidly[b] once free of the interference of an indolent centre run by gradualists and elite-leaning thinkers likes GEJ, OBJ, Anenih et al.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Rebuilding Of Chibok Commence See Pictures / Chris Ngige Shows His Traditional Dance Moves (Photos) / Boko-haram: Army Holds Seminar On Spiritual Warfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.