Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? (14081 Views)

How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by kayustones: 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2012
how would you prefer to drink garri! Is it with german stone (kuli kuli), groundnut, coconut, with cold or ordinary water, Let me hear your views
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by dominique(f): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
with groundnut/or fried meat
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by ronkebp(f): 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
Mine is with groundnut, infact let me tell how i really drink my gari, yes oooooo!!!! wink wink, i pour a fistful into the cup, i have this special cup, only for gari, then add three table spoons of milk (Nido milk precisely, love the taste), then i add half teaspoon of sugar, a little bit of water (not cold), and my groundnut (won't be complete without it) mix it, always pasty, i love the paste like gari MIXTURE smiley smiley smiley,

Result>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yepaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked BUT I LOVE IT LIKE THAT. cool cool cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by MissyB3(f): 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
Garri (with nesquik and sugar) and groundnut  kiss
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by xanadu333: 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2012
is it b4 the subsidy removal or after the subsidy removal embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by matty1024: 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2012
Garri is well enjoyed with Cooked or Roasted JAM!!
Just try it and see how it taste. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by SuyaEater(m): 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2012
this is a ridiculous topic
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by sugardaddy1(m): 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2012
Rubbish post!!!

Your mates are busy protesting the economic hardship occasioned by the fuel subsidy removal and you're here talking about "soaking" garri. Wait until you can't even afford a cup of garri. Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by moremi2008(m): 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2012
With groundnut, soy milk and a sugar-replacement. Yum!!!!!!!!!!! I drink garri at least once a day, usually for breakfast. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but it's better than cereal or oatmeal.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2012
Ijebu white garri is the best to soak, J̲̣̣̣U̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ add water and you are good to go. I take it with water only, very unique and pleasing taste. If I should add anything, then it will be dried bonga fish.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Koolking(m): 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2012
matty1024:

Garri is well enjoyed with Cooked or Roasted JAM!!
Just try it and see how it taste. grin grin grin grin grin grin

sounds weird, I have a friend who drink garri with agege bread<<<<so disgusting to me>>>>

Groundnut or coconut is a fantastic combination. I love it with coconut

xanadu333:

is it b4 the subsidy removal or after the subsidy removal embarassed

Lol, the rate of drinking garri will be low now. subsidy has been removed in virtually all commodities, including sachet pure water and garri.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Mojibola(m): 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2012
first of all, i put milk in the cup (like a foundation for the garri, i like it when i push the spoon to the bottom to bring out the milk) then pour already mixed garri with sugar inside, occationally accompanied by milo with cold water preferably wth ice cubes.
that was before the subsidy removal sha.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by bright007(f): 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2012
*garri?I like to take my garri with a steam-softened native pear.It tastes real good when u sprinkle table salt on d pear.Good combination my peeps!
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by PasD(m): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2012
Since after subsidy I'v not seen garry to drink o o,
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by ektbear: 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2012
Groundnut, sugar and milk
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Jarus(m): 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2012
1,Hot sunny afternoon
2, Bowl of garri
3, Mix with groundnut
4, Mix with moderate sugar
5 Add chilled water(or if you like, iced block)
6 Don't drain, else it will lose some taste
7 Off your shirt and leave only singlet and untie your trousers if wearing native, loosen your belt if wearing English
8, Then attack
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by slimyem: 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2012
i love my garri with milk.
Then i accompany it with smoked fish,raw pepper,and salt.
The taste and feeling is indescribable!
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by slap1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
Jarus:

1,Hot sunny afternoon
2, Bowl of garri
3, Mix with groundnut
7 Off your shirt and leave only singlet and untie your trousers if wearing native, loosen your belt if wearing English
8, Then attack
Plus sit on the floor and spread your legs. Haha!
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Jarus(m): 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2012
slap1:

Yes. That should be No 9. Omo, Garri na die cheesy grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by queensmith: 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2012
ice cold- with sugar, put in some groundnut, or sugar coated peanuts

and fried or roasted fish. Trust me its amazing

its also very nice

ice cold with sugar

and piping hot beans!!
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by ijigbamigb(m): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
Garri before subsidy = 20 naira after subsidy= 40 naira
Chilled Water before subsidy = 5 naira after subsidy= 10 naira
Roasted Fish before subsidy = 50 naira after subsidy= 100 naira

Before subsidy removal, this costs me 75 naira and after subsidy 150

SOOOOOO BYE BYE TO MY LOVE FOR GARRI, cry cry cry cry cry MORE REASONS WHY I HAVE TO CONTINUE THE WAR AGAINST SUBSIDY REMOVAL.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Dsense(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
The most disgusting post of 2012 from the dumbest poster ever!!
angry grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Dyt(f): 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
in my sec sch we call it casava flakes/garium sulphate
ow much i love garri
now its hungryin me
*checks my drawer if i still v , damn my colleague s finished it*
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2012
Jarus:

1,Hot sunny afternoon
8, Then attack

what are we talking about here ? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by executinal(m): 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2012
OMG see topic grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by denony(m): 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2012
I've long forgotten garri, u guys just reminds me of it now
am going to get myself 1 cup now, with peanuts, milk, and ice to diluent it

that will be my meal tomorrow
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by omaojo1: 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2012
Jarus:

1,Hot sunny afternoon
2, Bowl of garri
3, Mix with groundnut
8, Then attack

Jarus, you no serious o.

You won kill me with laugh abi?

slap1:

Then you, wetin be your own and Jarus na.

Una plan am abi?
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by denony(m): 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2012
the seating on the floor and spreading ur legs part of it makes it more interesting with ur cloths off
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by kingsolve(m): 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
This topic is very funny. Reading thru it is really a great comic relief to what we're experiencing currently in the country.
I like my garri with milk and sugar plus very chilled water.
Some other times I can take i with sugar and coconut. Soooo delicious. I feel like having some now. Ooops! I'm fasting. Maybe after he fast/ Try it you'd love it.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Dyt(f): 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
along side wit beans 2 aint bad
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Zenakoboko(m): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmm!
No one seems to have had it with a pinch of cocoa beverage (ovaltine, milo, bournvita or the likes).
I cultivated my driking/soaking habit back in my FGC days (old habits die hard jare).
I usually do the milk, sugar, groundnut combo buh, I get a pinch of choco flavour from adding either of the above mentioned.
Alwayz saved some garri (for drinking abi na soaking) from visiting comrades, friends and family even when I was outside these shores.

Badluck Jonathan! Subsidy or no subsidy, you cant take my monthly soaking tradition away. grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by shadrach77: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
ronkebp:

Mine is with groundnut, infact let me tell how i really drink my gari, yes oooooo!!!! wink wink, i pour a fistful into the cup, i have this special cup, only for gari, then add three table spoons of milk (Nido milk precisely, love the taste), then i add half teaspoon of sugar, a little bit of water (not cold), and my groundnut (won't be complete without it) mix it, always pasty, i love the paste like gari MIXTURE smiley smiley smiley,

Result>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yepaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked BUT I LOVE IT LIKE THAT. cool cool cool cool cool
you mean you drink garri in philadelphia too?  shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Food Stuff Prices From Mile 12 Market Ketu Lagos / Good Nigerian Restaurant In New York, New Jersey Or Philadelphia. / what to do to regain lost of blood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.