Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,461 members, 7,958,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? (14555 Views)

How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by kay7: 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2012
SEE BUTTY PEOPLE

GARRI IN ICED WATER PLUS[b] KULIKULI[/b]
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by bodejohn(m): 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2012
Garri with milk, fried/dried meat? I guess all these were before deregulation, now you will either have to soak your garri overnight or soak in the morning and come back after work to enjoy it
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Exponental(m): 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2012
A delicacy in its simplicity!
Garri + ice chilled water + sugar (to taste).
I love it!
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by tlops(m): 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2012
kay7:

SEE BUTTY PEOPLE

GARRI IN ICED WATER PLUS[b] KULIKULI[/b]

Correct! or 'robo alata!'
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by muyoto: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2012
bodejohn:

Garri with milk, fried/dried meat? I guess all these were before deregulation, [b]now you will either have to soak your garri overnight [/b]or soak in the morning and come back after work to enjoy it

LOL! that one na still garri? grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Switup: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2012
dis garri buziness is for real ooo. Me i dey so humble with garri so i no dey soak toouu much at a go. Take half a cup of IKWERRE garri, lik 6cubez of sugar, enof mik and BOLEE(roasted) fish HEAD 2 complimnt d handie work of natures luv. Usually undago this process evry saturday morning: OMO na dieeeeee
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Woke4all(m): 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2012
I bet 80% of posters on dis thread went to boarding school
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by hackney(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2012
With powdered nido, milo and sugar. now thats golden morn's cousin right there! yum!
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 07, 2012
I soak correct Ijebu garri with very chilled water, sugar and coconut. It is what I like to consider as gbam, confam utunu. I love my Ijebu garium sulphate
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Nobody: 4:35am On Jan 07, 2012
Garri with milk doesn't make sense to me.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by FBS: 4:51am On Jan 07, 2012
Milk, G-Nut and not too cold water! mehnnn o badt gan. lol
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by kayswag100(m): 7:32am On Jan 07, 2012
While watching horror movies around 2am, ijebu-garri with 6 cubes of ice, plenty sugar. Nothing else! (no milk or any other crap!!!)
And i m in cloud 9. Garri is my best 'snack'!!
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Sike(m): 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2012
Mehn! So efribudy luvs wot is sweet?? I no know!
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Fredyo(m): 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2012
oh how many have trind it with crafish,water and sugar.i bet u ,its just yum yum
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by vb0mb(m): 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
Firstly, the garri should be Ijebu garri.
Then I will use cold water this will go well without sugar. Lastly, I will add roasted groundnut to it.
This is confirmed heaven on earth.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by vb0mb(m): 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
Sike:

Mehn! So efribudy luvs wot is sweet?? I no know!

stay there make pant de wear you
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by tlops(m): 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2012
Garri seems to be a luxury good for me, because of my location
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Oluschenco(m): 9:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
B4 subsidy i dey take garri wt milk, groundnut n sugar bt now, na garri n sugar.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by dollya(f): 4:06am On Jan 10, 2012
the best way na garri + cold water+ milk + sugar + coconut kiss kiss. try am n go kolomenta grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by adaspire: 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2012
Ijebu Gari with sugar + groundnut and chilled water, you know what, you will enjoy it most
when you drink it with your hand, by the time you put the garri in the centre of your fingers,
your fingers will drain the water from the garri and pass the garri into your mouth, so delicious
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by babsjnr(m): 4:58am On Jan 11, 2012
Garri ijebu with sallah meat
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2012
Ijebu garri soaked in cold water with sugar and plenty groundnut (peanuts) grin grin
<sigh> those were the days
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by tpia1: 1:59am On Aug 30, 2014
any way is good.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by UchmanUboy: 4:20pm On Mar 25
Akara with garri?? cool
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Tellmeastory: 2:12pm On Mar 28
Koolking:

sounds weird, I have a friend who drink garri with agege bread<<<<so disgusting to me>>>>

LOL.

Mad combo…
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Tellmeastory: 2:14pm On Mar 28
Garri with milk doesn't make sense to me.

It tastes better.

What I really don’t get is the groundnuts they add to it.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Tellmeastory: 2:18pm On Mar 28
sugardaddy1:
Rubbish post!!!

Your mates are busy protesting the economic hardship occasioned by the fuel subsidy removal and you're here talking about "soaking" garri. Wait until you can't even afford a cup of garri. Nonsense.

“Drinking garri is not a sign of poverty.

But waiting for the garri to rise before drinking it is a sign of poverty.”

- Pete Edochie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daniel Fast Recipes / Bachelor's Breakfast. / What Type Of Food Are You Good At Cooking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.