Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (221111 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Benjamite01: 10:14am On Feb 22, 2016
i have never sent, but I always Recieve western union and money.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 22, 2016
Benjamite01:
i have never sent, but I always Recieve western union and money.
OK... But at what rate?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Benjamite01: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
All i know is that if they send you 1k dollar from usa u will get upto 250k.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:42am On Feb 23, 2016
KingsleyTMTTM:
srry, Lagos

From mile 2 to seme boarder by bus is approxiamately #400. then when you cross the boarder, from across the boarder to cotonue is 1000 cefa.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
doyinisaac:
you are doing a great job,please how can I open a bank account there with my international passport??thanks
Yes of course, just walk into any Bank, with your Ecowas or International Passport.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
doyinisaac:
Thank you very much,so it means after collecting my naira from my bank and I crossed black to the Benin side of the border it means I will have to change my money back to sefa??

my second question is that can I receive western union transfer in Cotonou as a Nigerian ?I mean when someone sends money to me and I want to collect it in Cotonou...

Yes you can receive Western Union, but it must be sent thru Hard Currencies e g Euro, Dollars, Pound Sterling etc but not in Naira.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2016
afollyshow:
Please we are planning on going to songhai farms portnovo by bus from school and we do not have passports how do we go about this

You all need your student id card and your driver, an International Drivers licence plus Ecowas passport.
Songhai is a nice place to visit.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
olusholaonipede:

Yes of course, just walk into any Bank, with your Ecowas or International Passport.
thank you. very much but I do not understand French So how will I be able to open the account??
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
nonnystar:
pls house help me on this, what is the cost of a room and parlour self contain in Cotonou, and the possible business one can do there, pls its urgent we are planning to relocate to cotonou, thanks in advance

http://www.immobenin.com/appartements-a-louer-a-st-rita-cotonou/

I hope this will give you an idea of accommodation in Cotonou. Some Yoruba and English is spoken.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 5:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
doyinisaac:
thank you. very much but I do not understand French So how will I be able to open the account??
Some of the Bank workers are bilingual, they speak Yoruba or English, i am sure some one will help out in translating the necessary papers for you to open a Bank Account.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
How much is now naira to cefa?Sum1 said its now 465naira to 1000cefa.House kindly confirm this
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
unclephilio123:
How much is now naira to cefa?Sum1 said its now 465naira to 1000cefa.House kindly confirm this
last time I did it which was 3days ago I exchanged it for 510naira to 1000 cefa...I changed it at seme border before crossing....

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
doyinisaac:
last time I did it which was 3days ago I exchanged it for 510naira to 1000 cefa...I changed it at seme border before crossing....
Bro...did you send abroad from there?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
doyinisaac:
Thanks.....but sum1 was telling me diz evening that 465naira to 1000cefa nw...I dnt bliv that was Y I was asking diz noble forum hw much is d xchange rate nw
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 12:47am On Mar 07, 2016
omoteamac:
Bro...did you send abroad from there?
sent 200$ and they collected 135000 cefa that day
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 12:49am On Mar 07, 2016
unclephilio123:
Thanks.....but sum1 was telling me diz evening that 465naira to 1000cefa nw...I dnt bliv that was Y I was asking diz noble forum hw much is d xchange rate nw
yes it is very possible.....the exchange rate changes everyday,in fact sometimes every hour...
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 07, 2016
doyinisaac:
sent 200$ and they collected 135000 cefa that day
Bro
Western union or moneygram?

Please no vex for my many questions o

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2016
omoteamac:
Bro Western union or moneygram?
western union
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by bllaster: 10:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
nice thread
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by riteprice1: 10:47pm On Mar 07, 2016
omoteamac:
Bro
Western union or moneygram?

bro if u are planning to go we can fix a date and go together
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
Bonsoir à tous
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by KelvinLamar: 3:52am On Mar 12, 2016
zhukafa:

Most of them do their transactions at seme boarder. for those who do transactions with banks at cotonue, then they must have ascertain a little knowledge in french or much knowledge.

Zhukafa. I have been following this thread since late last year. Thank you so much for the information you have been providing here.

I plan on travelling across West Africa, starting from Benin Republic. I am leaving next week.

My question is: Can I use maybe a UBA or EcoBank ATM card to withdraw in CFA without going through the hassle of the black market? I mean, those banks are "supposedly" pan African. Something like, get into Benin Republic and just withdraw there directly in CFA.

There are so many other questions. But you have already answered them(2012 till date)
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ojireal(m): 9:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
zhukafa:

From mile 2 to seme boarder by bus is approxiamately #400. then when you cross the boarder, from across the boarder to cotonue is 1000 cefa.

please sir, I want to come to cotonu to buy a car, but I want to make my withdrawal with my US ATM card. how much do ATM pay per dollar. that is the official bank exchange rate per dollar to cfa. please it urgent
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ojireal(m): 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
[quote author=zhukafa post=43168295]

please sir, I want to come to cotonu to buy a car, but I want to make my withdrawal with my US ATM card. how much do ATM pay per dollar. that is the official bank exchange rate per dollar to cfa. please it urgent
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:55am On Mar 13, 2016
KelvinLamar:

Zhukafa. I have been following this thread since late last year. Thank you so much for the information you have been providing here.

I plan on travelling across West Africa, starting from Benin Republic. I am leaving next week.

My question is: Can I use maybe a UBA or EcoBank ATM card to withdraw in CFA without going through the hassle of the black market? I mean, those banks are "supposedly" pan African. Something like, get into Benin Republic and just withdraw there directly in CFA.

There are so many other questions. But you have already answered them(2012 till date)

You are not allowed to withdraw with your Normal ATM card. There is a service which ECO bank offers that is easier to pay in naira here in nija and pick it in cefa at any african country they cover. Since ECO Bank is a PAN AFRICAN Bank, i suggest you make enquiry from them.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by kennyman200(m): 7:30am On Mar 14, 2016
zhukafa:

You are not allowed to withdraw with your Normal ATM card. There is a service which ECO bank offers that is easier to pay in naira here in nija and pick it in cefa at any african country they cover. Since ECO Bank is a PAN AFRICAN Bank, i suggest you make enquiry from them.

Goodday Zhukafa, i have read all the pages of this thread. I couldnt find solutions to my issues.
Zhukafa, i'll like to go to benin soon to make enquiries. My questions are. Do i need an id card? If yes. Can i just use any id card as i've none now. Can just get a computer biz center and get one done. Would that work? Also, how do i get to benin easily. Seems the mods deleted that part from the previous page as u said u've answered the question before. Thanks in advance.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by tppzzy01(m): 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2016
Bros, well done on this thread !!! Pls, am planning to go Cotonou to price Car. I ve gotten my direction from mile 2 from this thread and some other related info but I need to know if my new Nigeria National ID Card its enough for me... Or I will still need ECOWAS card. Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Awee(f): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
What do you mean by normal ATM card? Their verve card works well in a lot of African countries while the Naira MasterCard works worldwide.

These are two good options considering your travel plans but you can confirm from their contact centre 0700 500 0000 sha.

zhukafa:

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Awee:
What do you mean by normal ATM card? Their verve card works well in a lot of African countries while the Naira MasterCard works worldwide.

These are two good options considering your travel plans but you can confirm from their contact centre 0700 500 0000 sha.

The cards have been blocked since Dec. 31 2015
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
KelvinLamar:

As an experienced West African traveller, lol grin Lemme advice you.
Better carry cash on you, because ATMs have been blocked, except it is a dolkat/Euro account.
Learn at least some phrases in French. It will help you. Numbers will help you even more, if not you go hear an for there o.

Draw your roadmaps on time too.

Which cities are you doing?

Cotonou-Lome-Accra-Abidjan-Bamako-Dakar?

or you go cut am?
Willing to hear from you

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.