Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week (40349 Views)

N5000 To Unemployed: Murray-Bruce Sad Over APC's Rejection Of Motion / 221 People Killed Since Buhari Became President - The Cable / Gunmen Kill 6 At Ungogo In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by SamIkenna: 12:11am On Jan 07, 2012
Chyz If you really want to go that lane then I'm done replying you. I have visited nairaland and will continue to read from the sides even though I registered yesterday. I registered to say my own piece on subsidy removal and I would appreciate if recognize me as sam_ikenna rather than Beaf. I have followed ur comments on anioma-igbo stuff and believe I have visited a website u posted sometime ago about igbanke people meeting in lagos. I like ur position on igbanke and anioma story but on this ur new hate for Beaf its not cool.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by realchange: 12:16am On Jan 07, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Jason 123 I would like to know what the solution should be since you said Igbos should keep calm.

Realchange, I feel you bro. believe me it hurts but lets be wise. Yoruba and Igbo are brothers, I mean brothers in real sense both genetically and culturally. Its like saying Igbo should fight Ijaw or Efik. I would never fight against a yoruba man if it involves taking his life - count me out. I would want them to remain neutral if that will make them happy but to fight against yoruba and hausa at the same time, bro thats going be a cataclysmic failure of unimaginable propotion especially given our current technological level.

if Yoruba join awusa again to fight us, we will make sure we bring war to yorubaland. they should stay neutral, but we know them as backstabbers. we must prepare for all of them
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by ShangoThor(m): 12:24am On Jan 07, 2012
realchange:

if Yoruba join awusa again to fight us, we will make sure we bring war to yorubaland. they should stay neutral, but we know them as backstabbers. we must prepare for all of them

Hey man, don't even go down that route, there is absolutely no way that can happen because it would split the Yoruba. Stick to the friggin issue instead of insulting people. This is not the time for childish games unless you've been employed by Alj Harem.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by stayreal: 12:28am On Jan 07, 2012
realchange:

If anybody tribe wants to leave Nigeria and go against the north, igbos should not spearhead it! we need to know who really loves Nigeria or loves freedom. Igbos have shed enough blood. Let somebody else go this time. Afterall, they should know that at least they will not be going up against the UK, Egypt, and Soviet Union too.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by sheyguy: 12:28am On Jan 07, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Jason 123 I would like to know what the solution should be since you said Igbos should keep calm.

Realchange, I feel you bro. believe me it hurts but lets be wise. Yoruba and Igbo are brothers, I mean brothers in real sense both genetically and culturally. Its like saying Igbo should fight Ijaw or Efik. I would never fight against a yoruba man if it involves taking his life - count me out. I would want them to remain neutral if that will make them happy but to fight against yoruba and hausa at the same time, bro thats going be a cataclysmic failure of unimaginable propotion especially given our current technological level.

Pls can u help me ask those who blame the westerners, what have they done this time around. . . . . . They always av a way of blaming a westerner, imagine urself going about ur business and some igbo guy comes to attack u physically and starts calling u names like 'Traitor' and all that.
In case ur are wondering what am talking about, the above scenario once happened to me all because the attacker thinks i am yoruba.
If some pple cant tell them, i am more than ready to tell these igbo guys anyday, anytime, they need to calm down with the beafing and their emotional 'showings'. Some pple say it to look diff, but i know my experience with the ibos in real life.
They shld quit the blame game and leave the westerners alone. Was it not in this forum that our fellow igbos mocked the westerners as cowards when westerners were affected majorly by the BH, where did all these theory of special hatred towards the igbos spring from now that they are being targeted?
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by dempeople(m): 12:37am On Jan 07, 2012
Chyz*, even u? smh! What has suddenly overwhelmed you? smdh!

@Jason123, could u please remind me the "mistake" that ndigbo made? U dee seriously fall my hand upon say u want a Republic of Southern Nigeria or have u changed?

For how long would we ndigbo be victims in this evil union of nationalities called Nigeria? How long? The thing that pains me so much is why we particularly ALWAYS seem to be the targets in anything?

Some ndigbo here like Abagworo are even rejoicing about the deaths of our people up north! What madness! Ara gbagbuo gi! Chukwu kpokwa gi oku. angry

This is a recurring cycle of violence against ndigbo since 1945.

Why does it always seem to be us?

You shot someone, people were mourning the person in a house and then u go to the same house and shot 17 of them?

You went to a town hall and massacred people during peacetime- people who owe u nothing.

People are here blaming GEJ and yet these problems were there before he was even born. And yet when some people said they would make Nigeria ungovernable, people seem to forgotten such statements. Every problem is linked to the poor man in Aso rock yet a region of the country has continually caused disaffection between themselves and the rest of the country.

A region fanatical about a born to rule mentality? What da he.ll? angry angry angry

A continuous series of massacres by people who completely live for nothing but a false interpretation of their religion.  Be it their nonsense born to rule mentality through politics, refusal to be productive in life through education, destruction of peoples' farmlands through agriculture, waging feudalistic wars against other people in the name of religion with a huge population of beggars and useless almajiris who their existence hasn't done earth any good.

A series and series and series of problems from the very animalistic northern region that has continued to drag Ndigbo and progressive southern Nigeria into the abyss.

Oh dear!!!!!

Alj_harem, no amount of PR you're doing here will make us change the views of Ndigbo and southerners towards the series of evils that your  angry wicked people have done to us and Nigeria.

I despise you people.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by dayokanu(m): 12:38am On Jan 07, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Realchange, I feel you bro. believe me it hurts but lets be wise. Yoruba and Igbo are brothers, I mean brothers in real sense both genetically and culturally. Its like saying Igbo should fight Ijaw or Efik. [size=18pt]I would never fight against a yoruba man if it involves taking his life - count me out. I would want them to remain neutral if that will make them happy[/size] but to fight against yoruba and hausa at the same time, bro thats going be a cataclysmic failure of unimaginable propotion especially given our current technological level.

neutral we would be as long as you dont invade our land like the attempt of 1967 that was stopped at Ore
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by realchange: 12:41am On Jan 07, 2012
look all of you should calm down because you have nothing to worry about unless you are planning to stab us again
if igbo ever get serious with fighting back, then they should prepare to fight everybody afterall there is no guarantee that backstabbing won't happen again. that is why they should plan for a very long time before responding to these attacks. any igbo that still think that he can fight awusa without worrying about backstabbers is not serious
they should plan very well, that is all i'm saying
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by realchange: 12:46am On Jan 07, 2012
there is no love in nigeria
there is respect
if you plan well, you will get respect and that will persuade would be backstabbers to think twice before embarking on any tricks
if you don't plan well, history will repeat itself
that's all
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by jason123: 12:52am On Jan 07, 2012
dem_people:

Chyz*, even u? smh! What has suddenly overwhelmed you? smdh!

@Jason123, could u please remind me the "mistake" that ndigbo made? U dee seriously fall my hand upon say u want a Republic of Southern Nigeria or have u changed?

For how long would we ndigbo be victims in this evil union of nationalities called Nigeria? How long? The thing that pains me so much is why we particularly ALWAYS seem to be the targets in anything?

Some ndigbo here like Abagworo are even rejoicing about the deaths of our people up north! What madness! Ara gbagbuo gi! Chukwu kpokwa gi oku. angry

This is a recurring cycle of violence against ndigbo since 1945.

Why does it always seem to be us?

You shot someone, people where mourning the person in a house and then u go to the same house and shot 17 of them?

You went to a town hall and massacred people during peacetime- people who owe u nothing.

People are here blaming GEJ and yet these problems were there before he was even born. And yet when some people said they would make Nigeria ungovernable, people seem to forgotten such statements. Every problem is linked to the poor man yet a region of the country has continually caused disaffection between themselves and the rest of the country.

A region fanatical about a born to rule mentality? What is it? angry angry angry

A continuous series of massacres by people who completely live for nothing but a false interpretation of their religion.  Be it their nonsense born to rule mentality through politics, refusal to be productive in life through education, destruction of peoples' farmlands through agriculture, waging feudalistic wars against other people in the name of religion with a huge population of beggars and useless almajiris who their existence hasn't done earth any good.

A series and series and series of problems from the very animalistic northern region that has continued to drag Ndigbo and progressive southern Nigeria into the abyss.

Oh dear, Alj_harem, no amount or PR you're doing here will make us change the views of Ndigbo and southerners towards the series of evils that your  angry wicked people have done to us and Nigeria.

I despise you people.

The mistake of being alone in the fight like in 1966. It is only wise for Igbos to keep quiet and watch because the situation is volatile now and things can change. People are trying to make this an IGBO WAR (a discern mind will see it from far away and THAT IS WHAT Chyz* saw!) because a Northerner cannot tell the difference between a Yoruba Christian, South-Southern and Igbo so how come people say its only Igbos that are being killed?? undecided

Bruv, I am pro-southern Nigeria and to be pro-southern Nigeria no region should be alienated. That is what is about happening. Another example is the protest saga ( I am not "for" or "against" it since its none of my business, I simply come here to debunk lies), people thought it was a Northern thing until the Middle belt (including Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Benue, Nasarawa, FCT and co) join, SW and parts of the SS (Edo and Delta (warri to be specific), a little happened in Port harcourt but not significant).

Dem_people, keeping quiet can be painful but as a friend to the Ndigbo, I'll advise that it is the wisest thing to do for now until you see where the rest South lies. Think about it, I am sure you'll see reason with me.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 07, 2012

By Simon Tswam-Imobo, David Hassan with Agency report

SUSPECTED members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, made well its threat by killing 36 Igbo people in the North, three days after the expiration of its ultimatum to southerners to leave the region.

The Moment On Saturday gathered that 30 of the people were killed yesterday in separate attacks in Mubi, Adamawa State and Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, by assailants suspected to be members of the Boko Haram.

While the Boko Haram members killed at least 20 people in Mubi, where they were attending a town hall meeting, the other 10 were killed in Maiduguri.

In a similar attack, six Christian worshippers were shot dead while 14 others were critically injured yesterday when the assailants stormed Deeper Life Church, Bogo, opposite Nasarawu junction in Gombe State in the night.

The Moment On Saturday gathered that at about noon yesterday, armed men, numbering over 10, opened fire at a town hall in Mubi, a town near Nigeria's border with Cameroon.

Adamawa State Police Commissioner, Ade Shinaba, who confirmed the figure in the Mubi attack, said the it was targeted at a hall where Igbo people were holding a town’s meeting.

Shinaba told the media that the armed Boko Haram members were suspected to be responsible for the killings, although the group has not yet claimed responsibility.

Okey Raymond, 48, who was at the town hall at the time of the attack, recounted that assailed southerners started hearing gunshots through the windows and this made them scamper for safety, but the gunmen chanted: ‘God is great God is great' while shooting at them.

Raymond said he hid under a table and escaped through a back door.

Residents of Mubi told newsmen the attacks occurred at a meeting to discuss the deaths of four others from the Igbo community who were killed in the town on Wednesday.

An eye witness further buttressed Raymond’s story.‘The first attack took place last night when four people were killed, and as people gathered this morning to discuss the matter and deliberate, gunmen suddenly appeared on the scene and started shooting and another 10 to 12 people were killed there,’ he told our correspondent on Friday.

The Mubi attack in Adamawa followed the killing of six people who were shot at a church in Gombe, on Thursday.

Ahmed Mohammad, the state police spokesman, confirmed in Gombe city on Friday that six people were killed and eight others wounded in the shootings at the Deeper Life Christian Ministry Church.

The church pastor, John Jauro, said confusion broke out when the assailants opened fire and that his wife was among the dead.

A Red Cross official confirmed the incident but gave no details on the number of dead.
The residents said 10 who were killed at the hall in Mubi were mostly from the Igbo ethnic group, who are Christians and a minority in the mainly Muslim Northeast.

Earlier in the week, most local newspapers published the warning from Boko Haram that Christians had three days to leave the Muslim areas in northern Nigeria or they would be eliminated.

The militant group also claimed responsibility for a series of bomb attacks across Nigeria on Christmas Day, including one at a church near the capital Abuja that killed at least 50 people and wounded 57.

http://www.momentng.com/images/news/thumbs/474x243/BBB_5.jpg
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by EMANY01(m): 12:55am On Jan 07, 2012
At all those who say events are being orchestrated from outside the country i would have believed you if i as an infant  and my mother did not have to wrap her self in a hijab she stole from a wash dry line in maiyanka market area of kano(she went to buy meat) when these same hausa/fulanis were running rampage mudering every thing/one that did not look hausa or worse could not speak hausa.
If i did not for the first time in my life (on my first day of secondary school)see decapitated ,burnt, disemboweled, mutilated, bloody and mangled remains of human beings(dozens of them at the gyadi-gyadi roundabout area) the end result of protests in kano by hausa/fulani muslims aginst Rinehard Bonkes crusade in kaduna and the anticipated one in kano
History documents the fact that this pattern of killing those that dont worship their god and dont look like them formaly entered the records in the 1940s so if someone external is copycatting them(if i may use that phrase) and blaming them for it , it can be helped because they have over the past 70+years been consistent with this behaviour.
For those who try to put themselves as not affected you must know (or you are lying to yourselves) the hausa/fulanis are equal opportunity killers.
Anyone who has spent the least bit of time in the core north and survived the ordeal will tell you that even if  you were a yoruba or edo muslim you stand 50% chance as much as the igbo,bini,edo,urohbo ,ijaw calabar crossriver and ikwere man(generaly called iyamiri by the hausa/fulani muslims) as well as the yoruba man of getting killed.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by binhozie(m): 1:01am On Jan 07, 2012
dayokanu:

neutral we would be as long as you dont invade our land like the attempt of 1967 that was stopped at Ore

Nucca, the only "technology" yorubas can boast of now is juju aka jazz and believe me that doesnt count for much grin
Considering the fact that the yorubas hardly ever leave their land, and the only literate ones among them are B.Ed, pls dont pray for war
becos you'd suffer badly. lmao grin
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by tpia5: 1:03am On Jan 07, 2012
Stayreal

your post has too many errors which are almost cancelling your main points.

Nigeria is derived from niger which as we all know is the river niger.

All this land of the blacks stuff is getting too redundant plz.

So what if nigeria is the land of the blacks?

Is it whites living there?

Sudan is land of the blacks, nigeria is land of the blacks- plz lets move on. Not that big a deal. And how exactly you concluded nigeria means land of blacks is still a mystery to me but whatever.

Niger could also be interpreted to mean black but its not the only river in africa and neither are african blacks limited to nigeria alone.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Crayola1: 1:05am On Jan 07, 2012
What does iyamiri mean?
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 07, 2012
A witness at the meeting, Okey Raymond, 48, said[b] he had survived by hiding under a table before slipping out a back door[/b], the Associated Press reported. "We started hearing many gunshots through the windows," Mr. Raymond told the AP. "Everyone scampered for safety, but the gunmen chanted: 'God is Great, God is Great,' while shooting at us."

WALL Street
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Limaoscar: 1:06am On Jan 07, 2012
Nwannem you don't understand. These people may not even Nigerians not to even talk of Muslims. this is a set up by who knows who

Lets be very very careful that we do not let out hate and suspicion get the better of us.

Chyz is a very clever man for seeing this and I follow his idealogy. Beaf and frosbel might not even be a Nigerian for all we care.

Lets be very careful my brother so we don't kill ourselves.

A country already full of hate and suspicion, what better way to cause a war

Lets be careful and not let SATAN/DEVILS even on this forum use us.

@Al-Harem,
Haven't I said here that you are the most Moro.nic specie of human creation on Naira Land?

Listen to your clue-less sef shi.tting all over threads in Nairaland.

The day you admit that you and your Muslim family up North in whatever guise are responsible for the several bizzare Murder of innocent Southerners up North I will let you be otherwise there will be no hiding place for you in NL until you desist from causing confusion all over the place.

I wonder why some poeple haven't discerned your slimmy strategy to distract people and set many against each other here. angry angry
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 07, 2012
Limaoscar:

@Al-Harem,
Haven't I said here that you are the most Moro.nic specie of human creation on Naira Land?

Listen to your clue-less sef shi.tting all over threads in Nairaland.

The day you admit that you and your Muslim family up North in whatever guise are responsible for the several bizzare Murder of innocent Southerners up North I will let you be otherwise there will be no hiding place for you in NL until you desist from causing confusion all over the place.

I wonder why some poeple haven't discerned your slimmy strategy to distract people and set many against each other here. angry angry

And the death toll rises , let us keep blaming outsiders for a local problem.

Remember the 1930s !!
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by SamIkenna: 1:09am On Jan 07, 2012
All ethnic groups that want to live in peace should start sending signals to each other. We have already wasted 50 years for nothing and I think if we waste another 50 years living like this then we really deserve our misery. I have lost all trace of hope in Nigeria, we are too polarized to head in one direction. Its time to commence a new Nigeria that is trully secular and this New Nigeria Republic shall be founded on equality, justice, and freedom.

Enough of this senseless killings. So much blood has been spilled just to save Nigeria and it has never occured to our leaders that maybe we are trying to save a dead nation. Some people say Igbo and Yoruba can never live together and I say what about lagos and PH, what about Bonny where Igbo and Ijaw are chilling night and day? Lets think about the future of our children, do we want them to inherit this mess? I remember way back when I used to think people were foolish for leaving for other countries but it dawned on me when I came of age that I needed to get out. For how long shall we live in fear of our army, police, vigilantes, and Boko Haram. There's got to be a way and its obvious Nigeria isn't that way.

Yoruba and Igbo are holding secular Nigerians who want to live and worship in peace hostage. If the leadership of both groups can start honest dialogue, there is no way we wont be free in few years. For the sake of our children Ohaneze and Afeneferi should start dialogue and I believe if they do, other groups would join as soon as they see the two big groups in the south close ranks. Before you hate or insult me pls think it over, Like I said before I have tried not to hate the core north but at the same time I want to live in peace and happiness just like I want the core north to live in peace too. I want a nation where I'm free to worship God, Baal, Marmaid, or even Ashawo as long as it makes me sleep at night. I want a nation where I'm free to drink or not to drink, smoke or not smoke.

The problem with Igbo and Yoruba is that they have refused to look at pre-biafran war, we all have continued to at the post war and until we look at how Igbo and Yoruba engaged in healthy competition that characterized our pre-independence then we are doomed. These groups must shove threats, ego, and arrogance aside and rise up and talk now for the future of our children.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by dayokanu(m): 1:09am On Jan 07, 2012
binhozie:

Nucca, the only "technology" yorubas can boast of now is juju aka jazz and believe me that doesnt count for much grin
Considering the fact that the yorubas hardly ever leave their land, and the only literate ones among them are B.Ed, pls dont pray for war
becos you'd suffer badly. lmao grin

This is a thread for people who were brutally killed

If you want some clarification in the form of some tribalistic posts open another thread.

I wont derail this one in honor of the dead,
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by sheyguy: 1:15am On Jan 07, 2012
If i may ask the igbo among us what do u guy think is the reason for boko haram and the sizable attack on the ibos
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by tpia5: 1:17am On Jan 07, 2012
Good question.

I'm starting to wonder if indeed this is the case.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by EMANY01(m): 1:18am On Jan 07, 2012
@ CRAYOLA 1
Iyamiri is a hausa word/discription  derived from the word "yem nmiri" igbo for "give me water" used to describe igbos and the others east and south of the niger though it could also include edos,binis and others for the most part in strict representation it refares more to the igbos.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by 9jii(m): 1:21am On Jan 07, 2012
Igbo! You should save your energy for something else.coz d BOKO HARAm WILL GOING TO DO THE WORST TO US (hausa) like alshabab did to somalia.JUS CALL YOUR PEoPLE HOME N WATCH.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by tpia5: 1:23am On Jan 07, 2012
According to a nl poster (was it al harem when he first started using this moniker), nyemiri is a kanuri term for igbos which later became widely associated with a hausa use.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 07, 2012

The first week of the new year was a big one for the Religion of Peace.  In Yemen, fundamentalists set fire to a hotel selling alcohol, killing two guests who had to jump from a balcony.  al-Qaeda massacred 26 Syrians.  Sunni bombers in Iraq sent nearly 100 Shia pilgrims to Allah over two days.  And hardliners in Nigeria shot and hacked about 36 Christians to death in a series of attacks while shouting praises to Allah.

Enough said.

This has nothing to do with the WEST .

Bye Y'all.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 07, 2012
im sick of this shiet. undecided

nuke them already. undecided
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 07, 2012
frosbel:

The first week of the new year was a big one for the Religion of Peace.  In Yemen, fundamentalists set fire to a hotel selling alcohol, killing two guests who had to jump from a balcony.  al-Qaeda massacred 26 Syrians.  Sunni bombers in Iraq sent nearly 100 Shia pilgrims to Allah over two days.  And hardliners in Nigeria shot and hacked about 36 Christians to death in a series of attacks while shouting praises to Allah.

Enough said.

This has nothing to do with the WEST .

Bye Y'all.

Ah these men of eternal peace!
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by dempeople(m): 1:32am On Jan 07, 2012
jason123:

The mistake of being alone in the fight like in 1966. It is only wise for Igbos to keep quiet and watch because the situation is volatile now and things can change. People are trying to make this an IGBO WAR (a discern mind will see it from far away and THAT IS WHAT Chyz* saw!) because a Northerner cannot tell the difference between a Yoruba Christian, South-Southern and Igbo so how come people say its only Igbos that are being killed?? undecided

Bruv, I am pro-southern Nigeria and to be pro-southern Nigeria no region should be alienated. That is what is about happening. Another example is the protest saga ( I am not "for" or "against" it since its none of my business, I simply come here to debunk lies), people thought it was a Northern thing until the Middle belt (including Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Benue, Nasarawa, FCT and co) join, SW and parts of the SS (Edo and Delta (warri to be specific), a little happened in Port harcourt but not significant).

Dem_people, keeping quiet can be painful but as a friend to the Ndigbo, I'll advise that it is the wisest thing to do for now until you see where the rest South lies. Think about it, I am sure you'll see reason with me.

Its indeed the most painful thing to keep quiet. Pain reverberates through my body now. Relatives and friends have been lost to these bastar.ds.

angry angry angry angry  Northerners.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by iesusluvz: 1:39am On Jan 07, 2012
Enough of Unsolicited sermons by Sultan and CAN President. If the Monarch is actually interested in the continued existence of this country, then a pragmatic and communal approach rather than lip service attention would help restore the almost-lost trust in Christian living in North and prevent the Boko Haram from achieving their aim of dividing the Nation along religious boundaries.
There was a bomb factory at Yobe state and nobody is claiming knowledge of such an evil enterprise. A concerted vigilante effort made up of credible Christian and Moslem leaders and especially led by Moslem leaders (for the sake of the rather endangered Xtians) can help frustrate or at least slow down the rampaging onslaught of the Bokos and forestall a likely break down of trust from southerners living in North.
Enough of sermonising abeg!
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by EMANY01(m): 1:44am On Jan 07, 2012
@ TPIAH
nye miri is not a kanuri or hausa word.
The nature of the adaptation of the word is pretty much like how almost everyone down south refare to  northerners but more specifically hausa/fulani as "aboki"  meaning friend in hausa although we all can agree that for the most part when a southerner utters the word "aboki" , friendship is the last thing on his/her mind.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by jason123: 1:45am On Jan 07, 2012
dem_people:

Its indeed the most painful thing to keep quiet. Pain reverberates through my body now. Relatives and friends have been lost to these bastar.ds.

angry angry angry angry  Northerners.

For all we know, it might (please, notice the "might"wink not even be the "Northerners" that are doing this. What about PDP? ACN? MEND? Or the political class in the North? or even outsiders? Speaking as an objective viewer.

As an objective viewer, it is clear that someone knows that by killing Igbos, they (Igbos) are the easiest group to provoke to war!

Remember, Yorubas were killed after the election, even more than Igbos. Since the Yorubas did not talk, they left them.

Also, Niger-deltans have NOT been touched. How come?? Not even up to 10 Niger-deltans have been reported killed, before, during and after the elections. But for some ALMIGHTY reason, they "know" where and who are IGBOS  in the North to kill them.

Come on man! Chyz* is doing what is best for the Ndigbo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Labour Party’s Maths Professor Prepared Reports For Only Two States / The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency / Buhari, Jonathan Meet In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.