Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,655 members, 7,820,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp (11778 Views)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son / What Factors Should A Family Consider When Hiring A Househelp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by SisiKill1: 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2012
Awwww. . . .I swear, I like this section. It's almost like a real family, one minute we are fighting, the next we're partying. It don't get no better than this.

So cooking is not really my forte. .  don't get me wrong, I can cook but I can't promise it would look or taste like it is supposed to. I do make mean popped moi moi. .  .long story. cheesy

I can man the bar. . .and I know a place where every tall glass comes with tall, hunky bobo. As Birthday girl, Jenny gets first dibs of course,  cheesy

Richy Darlin'. . .I accept your peace treaty and I'll also add my own clause - Lay off debrief08. If she wants to talk about her past experience. . .it is her business.

Aiight. . . let's get the party started.

[i]GBAN GBAN GBAN[/I]

Everybody dance now!!

Jenny
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by bigbumper(f): 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2012
God bless you Momma Chaircover, may you always know what's up and may your days be long, chai, see food, food, glorious food, Nigeria is blessed with food, haba grin But you people are taking this too far na, how can you bestow such a posh beautiful name as "Jennifer" on Jennykadry when are real name is Mrs Jemilatudeen Kabiru angry

I see you rocking that turquiose bodycon dress with your baby pink stilettos, Mrs S cheesy

Has anyone seen the birthday girl, I haven't seen her around for the past 3 weeks lipsrsealed
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
You're saying Sisi is obsessed with you, yet arent you the one obsessed with CC.

all these psychos on NL sef
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 23, 2012
Chaircover, You would do well to manifest that plate of stewed goat meat onto my desk immediately!  angry angry angry
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 23, 2012
@cc

It's not funny oooo because I am not laughing, those food pics of yours have caused a serious strain in my relationship  angry I have been drooling and  van Vicker has been trying to wipe my mouth clean of saliva. My prayer for you is that OGA CC surprises you with the car of your choice, but please come and wash it for us here with champagne angry grin

@my iyawo Siena.

I see say you just dey ooze of sexiness and hawtness. I don tell Siena to be on guard before you receive another marriage proposal cheesy because that hawtness wey I see for that Desmond Elliot pics wey you dey inside, e no get part 2. Even Sienna pose sef because she know say she dey with celebrity, I tok am say that girl begin grow sense when she dey I side womb. Ehen talking about Siena, your oga vex me for this thread ooo, if no be say I have always had a huge respect for Siena, me with am for enter one khaki and if he wan appease me, he needs to send me an AUDI r8 to cool me temper angry cheesy I am not asking for too much.

@sisi
I trust you, please locate that bar joor and let me choose the honky bobo first before any of  yous angry just give me the address and all I have to do is tell van Vicker that I am going to work, tell kadry I am going cllthe shopping and find my way there grin

@BB

I thought our identities were supposed to be confidential? angry you admitted me into yaba left and i told you everything about me including my real name and you promised me it was going to be confidential.  angry you are banned from attending this party cool

God bless you all for me kiss
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 23, 2012
I am just going to summarize my day yesterday for the amebo married and single women on this thread to copy and paste it on their blogs  cheesy

I was on call or sorry on drugs yesterday grin anyways when I got home in the evening the house was quiet and kadry was the only one home, asked where the others were, he gave me no answer, anyways I had a nice dress waiting for me in the bedroom, I wonder who picked that dress for him?cos that guys fashion sense for women sucks. embarassed we went out for Dinner and from there he drove us not home but a nice honeymoon resort grin. We danced in our bedroom for a while and they rest they say is history lipsrsealed  grin no be my mouth una go hear say I think I might have made a little sister or master jenny last night. undecided embarassed

And as I am typing, I have not seen my house and wouldn't be seeing it until tomorrow. Wahala dey,  this one na fuel subsidy sit at home strike part 2 I dey inside so. At least he chose a wifi connected place and also remembered to bring my tablet so thoughtful of him.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Outstrip(f): 5:44am On Jan 23, 2012
Jenny what are you taking medicine for? Are you okay?
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by blank(f): 5:53am On Jan 23, 2012
@ Outstrip, she is in yaba left. What else will she need tablets for except 2 cure her craze.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 23, 2012
Lol outstrip I am fine. BB has been drugging me in yaba left with what she calls anti psychotic medications. I told her Its not hallucinations as I know what my eyes are seeing.

Not on drugs Outstrip, just joking. Was on call. kiss
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 23, 2012
Blank stop ruining my reputation angry i worked my backside off to get promoted from an inmate in yaba left to a matron so don't just start with me right now angry
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by blacklion(m): 9:30am On Jan 23, 2012
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5680223-146/baby_enioluwa_found___.csp

The past two weeks must have been the most trying times in the six-year-old marriage of Folorunsho Odegbaike and her husband. On February 13, their 10-month-old baby, Enioluwa Odegbaike went missing from their Magodo home while in the custody of a nanny they hired just two weeks before.

The family reportedly never allowed the nanny to take Enioluwa outside the house; but she took the boy while his mother, a former Airtel employee, was in the shower.

“The person who introduced the nanny to the family has been arrested and is being quizzed by the police,” he said.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ifyalways(f): 9:31am On Jan 23, 2012
Jennnny,Belated birthday to you babes.  kiss  kiss  kiss
May the good God continue to bless you and your family,make the countenance of his face to shine on you,clothe you with good health and longevity and give you joy everlasting.

Kpekus no dey chop 2 foods! na only 1 thing e dey chop.Chop am without looking back  cheesy
Infact,chop mine for dis week.Have fun.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by blank(f): 10:04am On Jan 23, 2012
@ Blacklion, that is a very very old story na.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Impulse80(m): 10:10am On Jan 23, 2012
@OP Madam i am arresting you for child abuse. Anythin you do or say will be used against you in Court!
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by blacklion(m): 10:13am On Jan 23, 2012
blank:

@ Blacklion, that is a very very old story na.

Yes, it is but still relevant to the original discussion here (before personal issues/old grudges diverted the thread). I'd flagged child kidnapping as a key risk in hiring adult nannies/househelps. Some people claimed that screening potential househelp/nannies before hiring or recruiting through trusted friends/relatives could serve to mitigate that risk. My point in re-posting Baby Eniola's story is that his parents did try to mitigate the risk by hiring through a person known to the family but the worst still happened.  

Once again, I am NOT advocating child slavery or abuse. Just that we ALL should seek to balance the many complex factors/challenges relating to this issue before mounting high horses and pontificating self-righteously.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by blank(f): 10:19am On Jan 23, 2012
I see your point.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by MrsSiena1(f): 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
@my iyawo Siena.

I see say you just dey ooze of sexiness and hawtness. I don tell Siena to be on guard before you receive another marriage proposal cheesy because that hawtness wey I see for that Desmond Elliot pics wey you dey inside, e no get part 2. Even Sienna pose sef because she know say she dey with celebrity, I tok am say that girl begin grow sense when she dey I side womb. Ehen talking about Siena, your oga vex me for this thread ooo, if no be say I have always had a huge respect for Siena, me with am for enter one khaki and if he wan appease me, he needs to send me an AUDI r8 to cool me temper angry cheesy I am not asking for too much.

[quote][/quote]

JK thank you jawe abi wetin we go do now wey the people wey wan propose them no dey fear just blow from my husby's fist go send them go yabaleft sef, lol. Anyway no vex jare u know say u be our sister and Siena say the Audi r8 na plastic type he go give you if you are willing to accept it. Sienna is sending you virtual hugs and kisses for your buffday and thank Mr JK for making it special for you.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Outstrip(f): 3:13am On Jan 24, 2012
jennykadry:

Lol outstrip I am fine. BB has been drugging me in yaba left with what she calls anti psychotic medications. I told her Its not hallucinations as I know what my eyes are seeing.

Not on drugs Outstrip, just joking. Was on call. kiss

Happy Belated Birthday o. I hope Mr. Kadry did not do too much damage o LOL
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Toppiano(m): 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
Absolute rubbish!!!
I am newly married and help my wife as much as I can as long as is it is necessary. But househelp is NO. My mother has six children and raised us without the help of any house help. As far as I am concerned, modern women/ladies are too lazy and want to live absolute oyinbo life. Give them the chance, they would ask househelp to clean their yansh after they poo-poo. grin
I TOLD my wife no househelp, and if she insists she would face the consequence... Let us ask these questions:
1. Would you employ a child as househelp? that is slavery cry
2. Would you keep them (child house help)with no education? that is building your children's lives by destroying other children's future
3. would you employ adult females? then they seduce your husband and give your husband reasons to sleep with them therefore break your home undecided

Do your house cores together and if you can't, get someone from your family to help and you treat them as your children. It pays.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by CNN80: 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
Pls, I want to ask a question and no one should crucify/insult me.

I grew up in what a lot of my friends considered a privileged home. Yet

At 7, I was expected to wash my socks and underwear and that of my immediate junior ( with supervision)
At 8, I started to learn how to cook.
At 9, I had joined my mother/aunties/cousins/maids in the Saturday washing. I also prepared corn for grinding from the farm, helped peeling cassava for garri, swept my room, weeded outside etc.

By the time I was going to boarding school (just before I turned 11), I could take care of the house with little supervision if need be.

By 12, I could be left alone overnight with my younger ones without my parents having to panic.
By 13, I could be left hours at a stretch with a baby (3 months to about a year) and be expected to know what to do. And if there was an emergency, I knew to go immediately to the neighbour's house to inform them and my brother knew who to immediately make a phone call to.

Now, if I could do all these and take it as a part of growing up, what is wrong with getting someone at that age to do it? Please note that I don't have a maid nor am I considering getting one. I am lucky to be in a position where I don't need it.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by LadyAdorable: 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
Contact me on lindylackluv@yahoo.com. I might be able to help.
Shy-One:
I will need a house help, please can someone share with me how to go about this?  I will be very grateful to you.  I will need an older woman who can cook and can clean and can train me on how to cook and clean with the items that are sold in Nigeria.  I will need an older woman who can go with me to market and show me "how to go to market and what to do while there, how to negotiate and how to select."

I will be very grateful to anyone for any direction and advise they can give to me.  How much to pay such a person.  Lagos based.  Also, I will need her to school me on what is an isn't acceptable in the environment.  (i.e., words, mannerisms, etc.)  She must be able to speak basic English, she doesn't have to be overly educated, just able to communicate with me.  I need her to be able to educate me to the culture.

I prefer her to be an older woman who has a husband and children. (30 years old or older)  I want someone who needs help, we can exchange services and I will pay her money as well.  I can school her and she can school me.  I need someone who I can grow to have a very long connection to, as I will be traveling back and forth from U.S. and Nigeria.  I want someone that I can grow to trust to be loyal and honest and she can trust me that I will not mistreat her and that I will treat her well and will pay her promptly.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by uzoexcel(m): 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
my childhood's quite identical to urs
CNN80: Pls, I want to ask a question and no one should crucify/insult me.

I grew up in what a lot of my friends considered a privileged home. Yet

At 7, I was expected to wash my socks and underwear and that of my immediate junior ( with supervision)
At 8, I started to learn how to cook.
At 9, I had joined my mother/aunties/cousins/maids in the Saturday washing. I also prepared corn for grinding from the farm, helped peeling cassava for garri, swept my room, weeded outside etc.

By the time I was going to boarding school (just before I turned 11), I could take care of the house with little supervision if need be.

By 12, I could be left alone overnight with my younger ones without my parents having to panic.
By 13, I could be left hours at a stretch with a baby (3 months to about a year) and be expected to know what to do. And if there was an emergency, I knew to go immediately to the neighbour's house to inform them and my brother knew who to immediately make a phone call to.

Now, if I could do all these and take it as a part of growing up, what is wrong with getting someone at that age to do it? Please note that I don't have a maid nor am I considering getting one. I am lucky to be in a position where I don't need it.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by bukatyne(f): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2014
ifyalways:
@Blacklion,i'm in naija and have 3 boys  all below 4 years.I don't have a live-in help.

The help is a 22 yrs old female undergraduate.My boys leave school/Crech by 4pm and that is when her work starts (monday to friday),she works from 4pm to 8pm and i get back home between 5pm to 7pm depending on my schedule.On saturdays,she works from 7am to 12pm and her pay is 20K.I have cameras installed and very proud to say that i've not been disappointed.she's been behaving well.

She is happy,I'm very satisfied.Point is,regardless of where u live,if u  decide on NOT enslaving another womans child cos u have the means or feel you are doing her a favour,u can!
Forget all this story of "I would put her in school,she is just there to play with my kids" all are booolsheet.Bottomline is,wud you let your OWN 8-15 yrs child live with another person,afterall the person wud put him/her in school,treat her well

slave trade has been abolished but slave mentality and spirit still thrives in us.Tufia!

Nice one
Thanks for sharing

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting / Bad Habits Of Your Spouse That You Can't Stand? / Another Baby Girl (After Two Daughters!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.