Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp (11777 Views)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son / What Factors Should A Family Consider When Hiring A Househelp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ng4am(f): 10:50am On Jan 09, 2012
Who said a kid is less expensive, u pay schfees,buy cloths ad undies,u give her moral trainig textbooks pls dont go ther
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 09, 2012

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ng4am(f): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2012
Pls dont judge, u talk of abuse re ur own children who stay in e same house abused? Evybdy is cant be wicked.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ng4am(f): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2012
Whats al dis about slavery pls if u grew up with a help and ur mum treated her like a slave it does not apply everywhere
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ng4am(f): 11:44am On Jan 09, 2012
And getting a 12yrs to stay with u does not mean u dont trust ur husband. I need smone i can leave with. I need company
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 09, 2012
^^ You are very stoopid. When your child turns 10, send him or her to go live with someone else, you dumb eediot. angry

You need company? Why don't you get a teenager? Stoopid wicked woman. If slave trade was still on , I would have sold you to the highest bidder(in kobo).

You had to reply 3 times because I am sure your conscience is beating yo so hard right now, that you are trying to justify your dumb reasons.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ng4am(f): 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
U dont ve to insult me cos i dont agree with u. An posting with my fone so i ve limited words. Go work on ur attitude p
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ifyalways(f): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
Ng4am,stop please and listen to yourself.You ran out of ideas,excuses that you resorted to "I need company".

What sort of ridiculous statement is that?what company would a 10 yrs old girl offer you?What wud u discuss or share with her,10-10,sukudo or chewing gums,ballons etal?Madam please log off first then come back with a less pathetic excuse.

You need company,u be hausfrau,even at that whats Nollywood for?lolz

@Jenny,the cams go off by 8pm when my dear help is gone.Btw,no more kpekus.Subsidy on free and anyhow kpekus have been removed.lolz
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ng4am(f): 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
Ify when u sty in lonely house wth a 7 mths old aby, den u wil undrestd what i mean by company atleast smone to talk to.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
Stoopid woman, if you need company get someone you can hold a decent convo with it, get a teenager if you really trust your husband.

You sound so pathetic, I cannot believe you right now. The more excuses you post, the dumber they sound. Anu ofia angry
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ng4am(f): 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2012
Jenny or what ever u cal urself pls stay off my case, i dont know u and i dont want to know u. Gudnite.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
It's gud afternoon in Nigeria remember? Abi you are so much in a hurry to go get your 10 yr old hpusehelp in the morning ,that you are already imagining it's night time. cheesy
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by blank(f): 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
U dis witch, may Amadioha close that trap u call a mouth. U want a child cos she won't have the strength to resist u when u beat her, when u refuse to give her food, when u lock her up in d house, when ur husband and his brother bleep her every night. U are a waste of space. Na ur type suppose dey inside jail. I wish I knew u, if u don't sleep in prison, call me any name u like.
If it is more expensive to get a 10yr old, den get an adult. I swear, every bad thing u do to that girl will be multiplied to you a billion times. Ur so disgusting and repulsive. Instead of u to dust ur lazy ass of d bed and go and look for work ur dere looking for company. Ur mates are managers in banks and making good money, ur dere waiting for ur husband to bring money and den Bleep u for good measure. What does that make u? Anu ofia.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ifyalways(f): 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
ng4am:

Ify when u sty in lonely house wth a 7 mths old aby, den u wil undrestd what i mean by company atleast smone to talk to.
I've never been in your situation and doubt i'd ever be.

When does the girl go to school then?You can build up or improve yourself with this spare time you have,I must confess,you are enjoying(though I don't envy u) oh,I can't afford such luxury(?).

If your baby is 7mths already,u can go out with him/her.Engage in buying and selling online,take up a new course/hobby  to keep busy,build yourself and be up to date with the world and ur peers.

Just as u are lonely,that 12 yrs old girl with u is lonely too.She's surely missing her "childhood years",her siblings and an age mate to relate with.You might not believe or understand it but its true.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ng4am(f): 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
Ify, thanx am working towards setting up my own business. She goes to sch and ve frnds ard d estate.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ada24: 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2012
my dear I have a 1 year old - so yes I have been in ur shoes. yes it can get lonely but that is no excuse - like others have asked what the heck can a child discuss with you. Go and meet other mothers with young babies - don't you have friends?

Look i'm not here to insult you but you have to remember that in other countries what you are suggesting is called child abuse, human trafficking etc.

if you have money for help then buy a washing machine, hoover, microwave and other things that will make life easier.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Fhemmmy: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
Using a 10 year old to work is slavery, no matter how much you wanna pay the kid . . . he is a kid and ought to be in school and not be used for any kinda labor
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
Madam poster, pls u don't need to employ children to work for u. I have a baby too( under 1yr). I employed a nanny who is married with kids, I ve cleaner who comes to clean our home every weekend, I have a washman too n we also dry clean our cloths. For God sake, I can't employ kids to work for me in my home. Its really sad to do so, can u let ur own child @ 8yrs work as a help in another woman s house? pls what goes around comes around.I love childred and hate to hear things like this. If u need to help any child pls do so in her parents house.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ronkebp(f): 4:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
ng4am, all most people are saying is get an older lady, that can really be of help, 10 year old girl is too small, or if you are afraid of a lady taking over your home, get a teenage boy, but am afraid if you have a baby and he cannot control himself, you can't leave her with him ooooo.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by blank(f): 4:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
It is illegal in Nigeria and child abuse.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by dayokanu(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
ng4am,

What would you think of your 10yr old daughter going to someone else house to go wash, clean and do household chores.

I have 10yr old nieces and I can only imagine how they would be sent to work.

These 10yr old that would run to meet you screaming UNCLEEEE and sit on your laps while gisting about school

They are just babies too
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2012
dayokanu:

ng4am,

What would you think of your 10yr old daughter going to someone else house to go wash, clean and do household chores.

I have 10yr old nieces and I can only imagine how they would be sent to work.

These 10yr old that would run to meet you screaming UNCLEEEE and sit on your laps while gisting about school

They are just babies too

Say it again . . the thought of it alone is brewing anger in me that people could wanna think of using a 10 year old kid to work for them . . waoh
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by soapdish(f): 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
@happimis, if have read ♍γ̲̣̣̥ posts properly,U̶̲̥̅̊ w'D̶̲̥̅̊ ♓ΑVΞ known D̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊τ̅ I said that I dn't buy D̶̲̥̅̊ idea of living with A̶̲̥̅̊ 10 year old as A̶̲̥̅̊ hsehelp.
Read pple's post properly before U̶̲̥̅̊ type nonsense
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ada24: 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
if we are talking rubbish y ask the question in the first place
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by soapdish(f): 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
If I remember correctly, I addressed hapimis.
I brought this issue to A̶̲̥̅̊ public forum cos I wannted to sample other pple's opinion as I seem to be A̶̲̥̅̊ lone voice among ♍γ̲̣̣̥ friends in considering D̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊τ̅ A̶̲̥̅̊ xld of that age Ȋ̝̊̅§ unsuitable as A̶̲̥̅̊ hsehelp .
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by ayandee: 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
Let's say NO to child abuse, child labour and human trafficking. Preserve the rights of the African child. Don't encourage child trafficking by engaging children as househelps. Let's make d world a better place.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by armyofone(m): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
the issue is STOP and DON'T use a little baby for your work. get off your lazy behind and do the work yourself. wake up early and tend to your chores. get your husband off the bed and both of you do the work or get an older person you can pay to do the work.

STOP and DON'T hire a child you will be tempted to konk and hit if the child didn't do a good job.

shame on anyone who hires a child to do their work, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
we can't see you, they can't fight for themselves. we (the general public) are their advocates kiss kiss kiss

soapdish:

If I remember correctly, I addressed hapimis.
I brought this issue to A̶̲̥̅̊ public forum cos I wannted to sample other pple's opinion as I seem to be A̶̲̥̅̊ lone voice among ♍γ̲̣̣̥ friends in considering D̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊τ̅ A̶̲̥̅̊ xld of that age Ȋ̝̊̅§ unsuitable as A̶̲̥̅̊ hsehelp .
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Outstrip(f): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
Funny how people rush in here to attack diasporans. We are talking from experience. It is what we do. No one will tell her to go use someone's child as a slave when we have our own. She is hell bent on doing it that is why she keeps coming up with one excuse or the other. Ify is in Nigeria and I believe so is CC. The rest of us are in diaspora and we have all said the same thing. If it is all about the baby then all she needs is someone who will be there when she is not. She wants someone who will not only take care of the baby but also work around the house. As for the person who asked about leaving a baby with a 12 year old. My answer to that is NO. I would not leave an infant for a period of time with a 12 year old.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by allycat: 8:57am On Jan 10, 2012
I can't understand why anyone would trust their precious baby to a 10 year old. I have a 9 year old niece living with me and all she does is bath herself, make her own bed ( which I still remake) wash her undies and her own plate. I had to let my last house help go because of her attitude towards the child. She felt since this was not my biological child she was not going to serve her. I have a new paid adult help now and if she misbehaves she will leave too. Before I took my niece in I did a lot of soul searching and told myself that if I could not treat her as my own child it would be better that I didn't take her in at all, fortunately she is such a lovable child that everyone from my husband to my in laws has accepted her as part of the family. To all those that use children as house helps pray that nothing ever happens that necessitates your child living with a relative in future cos that will be their fate.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 10, 2012
^^^lol@ still remake bed. cheesy tell me about it, she sounds like one of my sisters daughter, she will be turning 11 in September. She visited me last July/august and each time she swept her room I would always go back and re- sweep the area  grin . Thetr was a day she came into my room to ask me why i would always go back and re sweep her room like her mother always did, she reckons its because she is not doig a good job at it and was "i could try to do it again you know" . I had to re-assure her a million times that day, before she stopped asking the question. Come onnnn they are only kids for Christsakes  undecided
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by allycat: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2012
Truth is she doesnt really do a bad job, I'm just a bit obsessive about straight lines. When I go to people's houses I sometimes have to restrain myself from straightening things. But really women do amaze me, my new house help is light in complexion, when one of my SIL saw her she said she could never have her in her house and suggested getting me a younger girl like her own help whom I think is about 13. I told her to tell her brother herself that she doesn't want a fine help in his house and maybe explain why. I will only employ someone over 18 and if you work for me I must pay you. I am always grateful to God for my background but I am also aware it was not my doing, God could easily have placed me in a less endowed family or something could have happened tomy parents at a young age. I just thank him that that was not my lot and pray that my kids never have to work for their keep.
Re: Choosing Between A Teenage Househelp And A 10 Year Old Househelp by Sarpino: 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2012
Oga oh, You will think that people who can navigate the world wide web will be enlightened enough to know about child labor. See these useless women making excuses for using children to do chores they themselves admit is too much for them. People don't have conscience anymore. Child that has not fully developed mentally, you want to use her. If she doesn't do things right they won't understand it is because she is child they will beat the living daylight instead.

One day I followed my friend to her Aunty's house and the woman was complaining that she needs new house girl because her present house girl is pregnant and it is not her house the girl will give birth. I even thought the girl was like 18 or 19 yrs old until she brought us drinks and I saw the small thing, she was 14 years old. 14yrs old!! In the whole discussion, nobody was wondering about which useless human being will get a 14 yrs old pregnant. The woman's only concern was getting another one and sending the pregnant one away. Me and my friend started making inquiries and we found out it was one dirty mechanic in his early 30s who took the uncompleted building and slept with her. In a right thinking society they will arrest the man for rape oh but not in our own, who will even try to find out what happened talk less seek justice for the girl.

The madamism mentality supposed to end with enlightenment but how will we know some people have arrive if they don't have one small pikin following them behind, washing their pant and carrying load that weighs more than her. Useless fools!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting / Bad Habits Of Your Spouse That You Can't Stand? / Another Baby Girl (After Two Daughters!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.