Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? (13515 Views)

Photo Of NLC Chairman's Landcruiser, Same Man Condemning Senators Lol / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari / PDP Calls For Overthrow Of NLC, TUC Leadership! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by PointB: 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
^^
Carry on my sister. Nothing do you!
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
PointB:

^^
Carry on my sister. Nothing do you!
Thanks. lol

Fun day over here.

Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2012

bliss4lyfe on a fun day

point b in civil disobedience

[img]http://21stcenturywire.files./2011/08/levis.jpg[/img]

this is what these good for wastrels think of when they think of civil disobedience

small wonder to them everything is a parry cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2012
^Unfortunately for u those images dat u have in mind could not be played out in Nigeria without u swallowing a bullet. Caution.
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
parry girl, shouldn't you be in some club blowing someone off? tongue

thats you up there, partying away cheesy cheesy cheesy

thats how twats like you 'demonstate ' in the uk, not so?
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
Protest u really must be a daft. That was a riot. fool! angry
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by KIM2004: 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2012
i think they have loose focus. which is better. protest against Corruption or for corruption. let be very careful so we dnt end up support the cabal indirectly
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
KIM2004:

i think they have loose focus. which is better. protest against Corruption or for corruption. let be very careful so we dnt end up support the cabal indirectly
Gbam
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Protest u really must be a daft. That was a riot. fool! angry

olodo, are u such a party skank that u can't read between the lines? or is it true that all pdp/gej apologists were born congenitally retarded?

for you a protest is a riot in which people have fun looting. abi u no dey uk again?

those a pix of u and yours in parry fun day of 'protests'. small wonder you come to nl to disparage genuine and bitter disaffection with your incompetent kinsman

thats why u can come to nl and run your dirty mouth dissing people who have been pushed to the wall

worthless good for nothing Arrow

its your kind that championed abacha in his heyday
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by maasoap(m): 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
@bliss4death, Can you provide us the list of all freebies you're currently enjoy in UK because we need to make comparison? Even when the economy was not as hard as it is now, you remember how you were desperate to escape the hardship. Or, was dad the one who managed to escape the hardship? Things are more difficult now than then. Just be reasonable because I know that if UK authority should threaten aliens like you with deportation, Nigeria would be last place on your little mind to land.
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by maasoap(m): 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
@bliss4death, Can you provide us the list of all freebies you're currently enjoy in UK because we need to make comparison? Even when the economy was not as hard as it is now, you remember how you were desperate to escape the hardship. Or, was dad the one who managed to escape the hardship? Things are more difficult now than then. Just be reasonable because I know that if UK authority should threaten aliens like you with deportation, Nigeria would be last place on your little mind to land.
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2012
^ ^There we go, children dat can't put one or two words in front of them throwing abuses play ground style. Try not to get yourselves shot for nothing today. scumbags! grin

The question now is wat happens in 20 to 50 years time wen dat benefit dries up? Will Nigerians now spend every penny of annual budget on fuel subsidies which still wouldn't be enough, or do we early in the day start planning for a post oil resources future, just like they are doing in Dubai via restructuring economy to tourist based economy?

I think Jonathan just made an early break from an unsustainable falsehood of a lifestyle to laying some solid foundations for the future generations and post oil Nigeria.

Let us allow the President to do his work and set us all on a path of success via restructuring our economy.
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by najoke: 1:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
@poster

Nice one,as a woman(if u r a real one) u will soon goto d market do not complain dt price of foodstuff has gone up

Sorry uncle has provided molues for transportation. Meaning the molues will not work weekends cos dey will be used to transport yams,beans,rice,tomatoes etc to us.

Ps: indian hair price has doubled o,indomie,ribena,biscuits,purewater,haidresser,barbers fee has double

Kindly continue to catch ur fun, infact I have joined in it.mtchew
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
^ The fuel subsidies removals have nothing to do with rising prices  becos the last time i checked, Nigeria now has #500 notes and above.

In the UK, the largest monetary note we have is 50 pounds. Now what does that tell you about prices in Nigeria and the UK at the market?
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by muami(m): 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2012
The Nigerian stock exchange is open for the 'big' men to buy more shares. All international flights in and out Nigeria are operating so that the 'big' men can fly in and out. Meanwhile, even if their domestic business suffers any loss, they would claim from their insurers. Yet the 'poor' man is happy that he has helped NLC(who by the way would still collect their salary by month end) to 'shut' down Nigeria. And you wonder why the rich gets richer while the poor gets poorer in Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by najoke: 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

^ The fuel subsidies removals have nothing to do with rising prices  becos the last time i checked, Nigeria now has #500 notes and above.

In the UK, the largest monetary note we have is 50 poounds. Now what does that tell you about prices in Nigeria and the UK at the market?

God,u disappoint me big time, I thot u were intelligen. Now I understand
Based on d above comment its obvious u knw jackshit abt naija.
He who wears d shoe knows were it hurts.
I can't argue with someone who is not a real Naija woman.
I rest my case
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
^ Stop blabbing and answer the question i asked, then we shall know the real facts. Do u have #1000 notes in Nigeria or not?

Just becos am not in Nigeria doesn't count for shit, I yam a Nigerian. grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

In the UK, the largest monetary note we have is 50 pounds. Now what does that tell you about prices in Nigeria and the UK at the market?
This is the dumbest post I have ever read in Nairaland. Girl, are you this daft? What does Naira notes have to do with subsidy and hardship? As a matter of fact, the higher currency in Nigeria is a sign of weak currency and poor economy. Are you not aware that 50 UK pounds is more valuable than N500 or even N1000? I don't think you deserve a responsible response. I now understand your problem - st.upidity. There is a serious problem with your thinking faculty. You deserve to be ignored. I wonder what you are doing in Uk, probably washing dishes, or some other ridiculous things. I rest my case.
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2012
^^ U are more dan daft, u are an Imbecil.e. fooooooooool! angry
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by najoke: 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

^ Stop blabbing and answer the question i asked, then we shall know the real facts. Do u have #1000 notes in Nigeria or not?

Just becos am not in Nigeria doesn't count for poo, I yam a Nigerian. grin grin grin

God why am I responding to dis foreigner. A REAL NAIJA WOMAN won't ask d above.
B4 subsidy removal N1000 was not a problem,now remove subsidy and a foreigner is saying telling naija dt N1000 is our problem.

Madam pls educate us how N1000 is d reason u r catching ur fun
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
x-fire:

This is the dumbest post I have ever read in Nairaland. Girl, are you this daft? What does Naira notes have to do with subsidy and hardship? As a matter of fact, the higher currency in Nigeria is a sign of weak currency and poor economy. Are you not aware that 50 UK pounds is more valuable than N500 or even N1000? I don't think you deserve a responsible response. I now understand your problem - st.upidity. There is a serious problem with your thinking faculty. You deserve to be ignored. I wonder what you are doing in Uk, probably washing dishes, or some other ridiculous things. I rest my case.

Leave this bimbo alone before she infects you with her stupidity.
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Sharaap! Why ain't u on the street protestin?

na_joke:

God why am I responding to dis foreigner. A REAL NAIJA WOMAN won't ask d above.
B4 subsidy removal N1000 was not a problem,now remove subsidy and a foreigner is saying telling naija dt N1000 is our problem.

Madam pls educate us how N1000 is d reason u r catching your fun

Do u even have coins in use in Nigeria, this dayz? last question!
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by najoke: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Sharaap! Why ain't u on the street protestin?

Do u even have coins in Nigeria, this dayz? last question!
~Bluetooth:

U right,should have listend to u earlier.
Leaving this thread for another where REAL NAIJA women and men educate and enlighten each other
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by totorimi: 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2012
GEJ!    GEJ!!!!!       GEJ!!!!!!!!

How many times did I call you,

1 Samuel 8:7 And the LORD told him: "Listen to all that the people ,

Vox populi, vox dei (/ˌvɒks ˈpɒpjuːlaɪ ˌvɒks ˈdiːaɪ/), "The voice of the people [is] the voice of God"

"To obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams,"  (1 Sam: 15-22)

"Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad."?

"The dog that is destined to get lost never listens to the masters whistle"

Dear GEJ,
I had to remind you of this proverbs we were taught when we were young and they are still relevant even in our world today.
Remember that you are only one man amongst 160 million people. You have done your best but if the masses who you serve say NO. Please refer to history and know that you have to apply wisdom. We knowou mean well but your political party is full of vampires who will frustrate your every move. So dont kill yourself and stay on the side of the people.

Remember when trouble starts all these people urging you on will leave you and run away, you will be alone. Today it is Jonathan that they are calling, nobody is calling Ngozi or Sanusi or all the past leaders that have ruined the country, it is you.

My appeal to you is that you listen to the voice of the people to save this very country that you preside over. The people will always have their way. Find a way to arrest this threatening situation. I expected you to prevent this strike but since you allowed it. Please arrest this drift now.
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
na_joke:

U right,should have listend to u earlier.
Leaving this thread for another  where REAL NAIJA women and men educate and enlighten each other

In a nutshell, the real reason for the increase in Prices in Nigeria and has been the case since previous administration is inflation not subsidies.

The subsidies is more like a credit system where the government foot the bill for cheap petrol. That system is unsustainable and corrupt.

Unsustainable/corrupt is in relations to the opportunity cost of forfeiting a substantial sum of government funding for infrastructure development(Roads, Electricity, Refinery etc) to corrupt individuals who now use their position to export Nigeria subsidized oil(money) to sell at monopoly profit in non oil producing country.

In otherwords, Nigerians dat are protesting benefit nothing from the actual subsidies in real term as opposed to the oil executives.

Rather than build refineries in Nigeria , these oil executives find it more profitable to build them in places like Niger, Ghana, Cameroon, Togo, Benin etc where they have their market and cash in on the annual subsidies fund removed from government and added profit.

Do u understand now or have i wasted my time? [url]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-840894.0.html#msg9912549
[/url]
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-840842.0.html
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by hbrednic: 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2012
HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2 Y'ALL cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Olamusli(f): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
@Bliss4lyfe, @jmaine
What are you people talking about, there is absolutely nothing tribal about this campaign alongside strike and this strike action isn't at all in anyway about NLC/or any union, This strike and outcry is purely about human beings, its about Nigerians YOU and I who pay taxes heavily, live in a society where hardship is the order of the day, in a society where there's no amenities or succour of any sort from Govt which should be but totally isn't. This strike is about someone struggling to buy unclean "pure water" to drink at 5naira now it is 10naira for one; it is about buying maggi knorr now at 15 instead of 10naira or 3 for 20,naira.
This strike is about what it translates to the poor man who earns 10000 per month to feed, clothes and send his children to "proper schools" to get educated- is dis possible.
This is about jonathan deciding selfleSsly, ignorantly, selfishly, un-intelligently at this time of the year with nigerians as the ressilient and positive people we are,he decided to throw this in our faces and also standing behind it; telling us we have no SAY in the matter!
This is a revolution and we will show him who is the Govt;
Do not forget what govt is, "A system for the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE and For the PEOPLE;
I hope you get the point now if not totally atleast partially!!! But if unintelligently you still don't seeee the POINT let me knew!
I'd gladly provide you with other aides to understand what we true Nigerians are clamouring for

So get it right This Strike isn't about NLC/RELIGION or TRIBE, it is about the PEOPLE jonathan wants to further impoverish and leave in worse agonising situations!!! BE CORRECTED
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by jmaine: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
^
Olamusli . . .Go read my post again and tell me i supported the stance that the protest was tribal, all i did was argue against that notion . .but nevertheless . .if your protest is all about subsidy removal . . i repeat,

I don't give a shyte about that NLC ritual called industrial strike action . . . . . .
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by adino(m): 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
See holiday oh, see groove. I just pray this groove last for one or even 2 weeks. So I can do more productive research at home before the strike fizzles out. Jonathan abeg stick to your guns, I bet not everyone has asked him/her self where NLC/TUC get the money to organise this protest from. All hotels in Lagos, Abuja and other protest friendly states are fully booked by these dudes, customised t-shirts and stuffs.
I guess it is never from their salaries, where do they get their money from? Subsidy beneficiaries is what all of them are.
For me subsidy removal is the way forward, the timing may be wrong but lets face it and ask ourselves how Chad, Niger and Cameroon have been coping since all these years despite paying more than N170 per litre.
At least our economy still manage beta pass their own na.
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Enice(m): 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2012
@Georgeiyke009, your calculation is very wrong. Agreed 1 barrel of oil =159 litres, but 1 barrel of oil does not contain 159 litres of PMS. There are other by-products that if the capacity of refining them is not available becomes a waste. Also, you forget that Nigeria is in a joint venture with the multinationals. Even if Nigeria does not collect a kobo as its share from the profit, the JV partners will collect theirs. so the minimum cost you should be looking at is the total cost + profit of the JV partners which is about $50 for a barrel of crude. As the saying goes, the validity of a result is determined by the accuracies of its premises. Therefore your postulation has totally failed.
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by Olamusli(f): 8:00am On Jan 10, 2012
@jmaine try to understand dis the strike isn't aboout NLC/TUC and it is not only about subsidy, We are protesting about corruption and the insensitive nature of Government. If anything Jonathan shot himself in the foot on dis one cause he has opened peoples eyes to the inapprpriation going on in this Govt. As a whole! The clamour isn't just about subsidy removal, its about corruption, wasteful spending of the govt

Also the protest this time around is not the "NLC RITUAL" called industrial strike action; its people showing there grieviances, and pls tell me If the strike doesn't hold and people go about their usual activities; how do you think govt will understand people's grieviances!!! Especially in this dictatorship in which it is apparent that Jona is a cold hearted shoesless SOB and isn't interested in seeing the people's opinion let alone do something about it
Re: What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? by whitehawk(m): 10:43am On Jan 10, 2012
People please do not turn Violent.

This is about FIGHTING CORRUPTION. The Budget (Federal, State, Local) is the MASTER DOCUMENT for government's revenu and exependiture.
That is the INSTRUMENT that is used to tackle corruption AT SOURCE not the after-the-act EFFC and the Judiciary where members of the NBA make tgheir money.

GEJ should NOT REVERSE the fuel subsidy.

Consumption should NOT be subsidized.

In fact he has other SUBSIDIES to REMOVE ( PHCN, Agriculture, Road/Railroads).

GEJ has started very well. He REPEALED THE OFFICIAL SECRETS ACT in 2010. That little know decree was the basis of Nigeria's corruption.

Since time lost until year, under the Official Secrets Act, it ILLEGAL punishable by IMPRISONMENT for anyone to ask for or to Disclose the DETAILS of ANY GOVERNMENT BUDGET !!!!.

YES !!

By repealing the relevant parts of the Official Secrets Act, you and I can now ask for the full details of all government budgets ( Federal, State and Local). We should COMMEND GEJ !!!.

But under military rule every 1st of January, the National Budget was read to the solemn national anthem. The leaders the proceeded to spend the money as they wished.

Recall also that in 1999 that it was AFTER OBJ was sworn in as President that Gen. Abubakar gave OBJ the 1999 Constitution. Since then we have been operating a democracy with a MILITARY mindset. Every "leader" is a "commmander". Speaker Bankole locked out the ELECTED members ofHouse of Rep memebers who accus him of corruption and demanded an apology before he would PERMIT them to return.

Because of the immunity and impunity, Corruption became endemic.

With our access to the details of government budgets, we can see the bloat in goverment expenditure.

The Government should be RESPONSIBLE for housing or feeding ministers, government executives or legislatures.

The NLC, the NBA and the House of Representatives are NOT ANGELS at all.

When Sanusi Lamido revealed that 25% of the National Budget was spent on the National Assembly no one supported him. Not the clergy, the NBA or the NLC. Shortly thereafter the former Speaker of the House of Reps was arrested for borrowing from the banks and spending 40 BILLION NAIRA in additon to what was budgeted for. Sanusi fought a lone fight. He was disparaged by the House of Reps. The NBA, the NLC, Pastor Bakare and Mallam Rufai did not come to fight corruption.

The fuel subsidy has to be removed because it is the sure way to stop the Corruption in that business. The fight against Corruption must BE INSITUTIONAL AND PROCESS BASED. The EFCC and the Judiaciary have not been effective becasue that approach is based on the PERSONALITY of the EFCC Chairman of a particular judge.

Please read Sanusi Lamido's details of how the Fuel Subsidy FRAUD is perpetrated by excutives of the petrol industry, Nigerian Customs, oil industry regulators etc. This will give an idea of the vast scope and depth of the FRAUD.

Also please remember that NLC is not necessarily fighting for the masses. It has never called a stricke over food or agriculture (becauuse the unons from that sector is not a major contibutor to NLC's finances) nor over Corruption. Never. The NLC strikes only for Oil sectore, PHCN and the Old Nitel.
President Obasanjo sold the refineries to the private sector. The same NLC resisted and got President YarAdua to make a political decision to reverse the sale. Recently GEJ approved that the salaries of PHCN workers should be tripled to secure their support for the power sector reforms but requested that each PHCN staff should be verified by biometric. The NLC and PHCN union accepted the pay increase but went on strike over the biometric testing. But the government knows that without biomentric testing the slary increase will become another bottomless opportunity to STEAL money. For you dear reader, PHCN/NLC have refused to continue with the Pay-As-Use electronic meter because it closes a major opportunity for PHCN to steal your money through their spurious bills.

The FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION IS NOT EASY AND IS NOT PAIN LESS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ajimobi Hosts The Olubadan Designate, Adetunji At His Office Ahead Of Coronation / CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians / Aisha Buhari Presents N30 Million Cash Support To Chibok Girls’ Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.