Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? (2185 Views)

U.S Political Analysist: Are Africans Too Dumb To Develope? / Martin Patience Joins Nigerian Soldiers In The Combat Region In The North(pics) / A Must See. Why Poverty Will Never End And Africa Will Never Develope. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by Marlboro1: 3:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
It is unfortunate that any time their is a religious or political crisis Igbos end up un the receiving end. Igbos were instrumental in the development of Port Harcourt. They developed Lagos. Most businesses and private properties in Abuja are owned by the Igbos. Around the major cities in Nigeria you see Igbo entrepreneurship at work. And yet you come to Igboland they are not doing much to develope their region where they run back to all the time. Shouldnt the Igbos now start to focuss more on their homeland?
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by CyberG: 5:45pm On Jan 08, 2012
LOL. . . so they developed a place that was already developed long before they came? Lagos? Every house the land renter  built for others but his own? Look, when Nigeria breaks up, the North, West, Middle Belt, Port Harcourt will remember empty statements like this to ensure NO NON-NATIVE remains in Lagos or other cities! Ancestry will be traced by DNA to very conclusive extents so taking up another regions name by fraud will not help your case. Arrogance is what lead to the killings of Ibos during the 50s and 60s but you have not learned anything. When regions are broken up, physical barriers and law shall be enacted to ensure you don't live on another's land only to boast and make spurious statements like this one.

Every business and house that is built on another's land MUST be uprooted off the land. El-Rufai showed that any structure of anyone can be destroyed even settlements. Even northerners will fare better when it comes to negotiating mutual economic pacts. Every SS people will protect their land from anyone who only wants to claim their lands and glory. It is indeed time that natives make it clear now to Igbos -  TO YOUR TENTS! There shall be no application for residency or citizenship in other zones for everything will be done to prevent another Nigeria. Take note now and start packing because the ancestral land owners do not want foreigners - they should go to their own land.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by Marlboro1: 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2012
@CyberG

You dum Igbo hater, go back and study Nigeria. If only you had taken the time to do that you would understand that Igbos built Lagos, PH and currently building Abuja. I hope your prayers are answered and Igbos can pull their resources out of your godforsaken regions. You may get a bunch of Igbo built and owned properties which you will not be able to take care of or even afford. The Igbos have the brains, the money and whatever is necessary to turn the region into Dubai, UAE - if only we can be freed. I am hoping that Igbo people will read your filth and open their eyes to what I am saying. IGBO PEOPLE COME HOME AND DEVELOPE YOUR FATHERLAND!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by Nchara: 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2012
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by CyberG: 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2012
Marlboro1:

@CyberG

You dum Igbo hater, go back and study Nigeria. If only you had taken the time to do that you would understand that Igbos built Lagos, PH and currently building Abuja. I hope your prayers are answered and Igbos can pull their resources out of your godforsaken regions. You may get a bunch of Igbo built and owned properties which you will not be able to take care of or even afford. The Igbos have the brains, the money and whatever is necessary to turn the region into Dubai, UAE - if only we can be freed. I am hoping that Igbo people will read your filth and open their eyes to what I am saying. IGBO PEOPLE COME HOME AND DEVELOPE YOUR FATHERLAND!!!!

Now, you expose your racial and tribal hatred - which was your original motive because I called you out? Try again! See what a better adjusted fellow Igbo said: http://chatafrik.com/articles/nigerian-affairs/item/321-why-do-igbos-always-go-looking-for-trouble?.html

1. When did Igbo start to migrate to Lagos because you know that is not their land nor that of their ancestors? Give the year.

2. There's no sensible Igbo that will read your arrogant and empty chest beating post that will see anything except I told you the truth.

3. No one cares about any house or resources on a native man's land! Take it away already or it will be forcefully removed. I am only trying to help you because everyone is tired of hearing only complaints from people like you and you will end up getting people, who don't think like you, killed.

4. When Nigeria breaks up, no one wants another Nigeria or do you want another Nigeria? One of the pivotal reasons for the counter-coup (though it started immediately after the Ibo January 1966 coup) was the promulgation of the useless and rejected Decree 34 by Ironsi, goaded on by Nwokedi! Check your history.Do you want another Nigeria? Well, other regions don't so let everyone live in their land and boast there. If you rent a strong man's house and begin to get boastful about it, what do you expect? Rose flowers? Well, your guess is as good as mine.

5.NOTE: This is NOT about any useless tribal issue BUT we must all face the TRUTH and speak it!

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by Rhino5dm: 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2012
Anothe fellow making the already disproved weak and tired outrageous clams. You build this, you build that, develop this and that is what got you into this mess of recieving from any region when there is small crisis in the first place.

I warn you guys about putting yourself on the line of action before the election was rigged in most northern part to reflect the cooked up figures of Igbos being the majorities in those crisis prone northern areas.

Only a very silly person will say Igbos are 70% of Lagos and 60% of Kano, 40% of Maiduguri and all that. Keep on claiming you owned other peoples land on the pages of news paper and various internet blogs and be inviting wars on yourselves.

I was expecting the 40% population of Maiduguri, which are Igbos as you claimed before elections to come out and fight Boko Haram that is killing them at per second rate. Or is 40% to small to engage a war? Keep sleeping a rubber mat until its too late for your lies to hold water. You strife when your egocentric nature is watered with never-land's tales by moon lights. Keep on keeping on!

Lagos is west and belongs to Yorubas and if you are not happy with that, then you can slit your throat for all i care.

*someone needs to be putting sense to empty heads trooping on Nairaland.

Marlboro1:

@CyberG

You dum Igbo hater, go back and study Nigeria. If only you had taken the time to do that you would understand that[b] Igbos built Lagos, PH and currently building Abuja[/b]. I hope your prayers are answered and Igbos can pull their resources out of your godforsaken regions. You may get a bunch of Igbo built and owned properties which you will not be able to take care of or even afford. The Igbos have the brains, the money and whatever is necessary to turn the region into Dubai, UAE - if only we can be freed. I am hoping that Igbo people will read your filth and open their eyes to what I am saying. IGBO PEOPLE COME HOME AND DEVELOPE YOUR FATHERLAND!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by BlackPikiN(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Anothe fellow making the already disproved weak and tired outrageous clams. You build this, you build that, develop this and that is what got you into this mess of recieving from any region when there is small crisis in the first place.

I warn you guys about putting yourself on the line of action before the election was rigged in most northern part to reflect the cooked up figures of Igbos being the majorities in those crisis prone northern areas.

Only a very silly person will say Igbos are 70% of Lagos and 60% of Kano, 40% of Maiduguri and all that. Keep on claiming you owned other peoples land on the pages of news paper and various internet blogs and be inviting wars on yourselves.

I was expecting the 40% population of Maiduguri, which are Igbos as you claimed before elections to come out and fight Boko Haram that is killing them at per second rate. Or is 40% to small to engage a war? Keep sleeping a rubber mat until its too late for your lies to hold water. You strife when your egocentric nature is watered with never-land's tales by moon lights. Keep on keeping on!

Lagos is west and belongs to Yorubas and if you are not happy with that, then you can slit your throat for all i care.

*someone needs to be putting sense to empty heads trooping on Nairaland.

Kai, You are heartless!
If there's a way you will kill all the Igbos, you wouldn't hestitate.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by nedu210(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2012
My broda dats also my prayer, let ndigbo come bck to the east and transform our fatherland.  4 me whether nigeria live or die, which i knw it will die, none of my establishment will be out side the east. U dont knw hw much i hate dis thing called nigeria, especialy when its called one nigeria. 4 me i love every individual tribe in this thing called con3, but i hate it wen dey say one nigeria cos i have never seen any thing that make us one. Nwannaa nchara akam na ekenekwa gi na okwu ndumụ ahu inyelu umuigbo, udo dịlị gị. Onye nwelụ ntị ya nụlụ.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by BlackPikiN(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2012
CyberG:

Now, you expose your racial and tribal hatred - which was your original motive because I called you out? Try again! See what a better adjusted fellow Igbo said: http://chatafrik.com/articles/nigerian-affairs/item/321-why-do-igbos-always-go-looking-for-trouble?.html

1. When did Igbo start to migrate to Lagos because you know that is not their land nor that of their ancestors? Give the year.

2. There's no sensible Igbo that will read your arrogant and empty chest beating post that will see anything except I told you the truth.

3. No one cares about any house or resources on a native man's land! Take it away already or it will be forcefully removed. I am only trying to help you because everyone is tired of hearing only complaints from people like you and you will end up getting people,  who don't think like you, killed.

4. When Nigeria breaks up, no one wants another Nigeria or do you want another Nigeria? One of the pivotal reasons for the counter-coup (though it started immediately after the Ibo January 1966 coup) was the promulgation of the useless and rejected Decree 34 by Ironsi, goaded on by Nwokedi! Check your history.Do you want another Nigeria? Well, other regions don't so let everyone live in their land and boast there. If you rent a strong man's house and begin to get boastful about it, what do you expect? Rose flowers? Well, your guess is as good as mine.

5.NOTE: This is NOT about any useless tribal issue BUT we must all face the TRUTH and speak it!

See a closet tribalist saying He's not one.
You scammer!

CyberG:

LOL. . . so they developed a place that was already developed long before they came? Lagos? Every house the land renter  built for others but his own? Look, when Nigeria breaks up, the North, West, Middle Belt, Port Harcourt will remember empty statements like this to ensure NO NON-NATIVE remains in Lagos or other cities! Ancestry will be traced by DNA to very conclusive extents so taking up another regions name by fraud will not help your case. Arrogance is what lead to the killings of Ibos during the 50s and 60s but you have not learned anything. When regions are broken up, physical barriers and law shall be enacted to ensure you don't live on another's land only to boast and make spurious statements like this one.

Every business and house that is built on another's land MUST be uprooted off the land. El-Rufai showed that any structure of anyone can be destroyed even settlements. Even northerners will fare better when it comes to negotiating mutual economic pacts. Every SS people will protect their land from anyone who only wants to claim their lands and glory. It is indeed time that natives make it clear now to Igbos -  TO YOUR TENTS! There shall be no application for residency or citizenship in other zones for everything will be done to prevent another Nigeria. Take note now and start packing because the ancestral land owners do not want foreigners - they should go to their own land.

You just dey show your colours on how wicked a man can be.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by kettykin: 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2012
The Fate of Igbos in Nigeria might not really be different from the fate of the jews in the Diaspora. i want to suggest to igbos that the way out is to leave any state with more than 50 % muslims in the north as the first step to be taken. This means all the states won by CPC in the last election excluding Kano, Kaduna and Abuja , Secondly there should be an All igbo economic summit and an All east Econonmic Summit to refocus the igbo Economic outlook in the face of War.

The Governors of the South East will need a have a full functional office with highly dedicated staff whose duties will be taking care of Displaced individulas from the North,articulating plans to forge New Econonmic bases that can sustain the contious influx of people from the North without causing devastation to the economic stability of the East. Raisng a Body that will take up the case of Igbos to the British , french , american, canadian, Russian, chinese, japanese,South African , south Korean, and German Governments including making presentations to NATO, OAU, ASEA, G8 e.t.c on the fate of igbos in Nigeria, how they have subjected igbos to continueds yearly genocides with their support for one united Nigeria.

Presentation to the UN , world court and International human Righ bodies, world council of Churches should be prepared too. The respectvie Disaporan igbos can fund and support this too.

I believe with this something can be negotiated for igbos in the Committee of Nations , other Nationalities who are being threatend by Bokoharam can take up their cases too like the Christian middle belt and the Niger Deltans.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by nku5: 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2012
@ cyberg - your response to the op's topic is pitiful and primordially bigoted. Even if you have hatred for igbos at least try and cover it a little. At times I shudder to think ppl I interact with daily have all this bubbling inside of them
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by kettykin: 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2012
The Declaration of War should be the last option for now, i some how sense that when Bokoharam has had its way pushing igbos out of the North . the OPC might Relish in that and want to embark on pushing igbos out of the state of Lagos.
Possibly Igbos need to collaborate with the Niger Deltans to ,
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by CyberG: 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2012
BlackPikiN:

See a closet tribalist saying He's not one.
You scammer!

You just dey show your colours on how wicked a man can be.

With a paltry 42 posts on NL, you should get to know people before showing yourself as an ignoramus only queuing behind any tribal agenda that suits you. I showed you evidence that not all Igbos (including LOTS of people here) will think like you! Stop your mental laziness and show me real evidence as demanded in my post. That people don't want a tribe is because of things like these: empty boasting, arrogance, claiming other people's property, unable to give to and share credit with others, lack of people skills, lack of diplomatic skills, etc, etc. In the end, NO part of Nigeria wants another Nigeria and just as the Northerners shouted "A raba" during the riots of the 60's and Ironsi refused and in cahoots with Nwokedi and co, foisted the useless unification decree, NOW other people are saying: NOT ANY MORE! Or is it by force that everyone must take your point of view?
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by BlackPikiN(m): 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2012
CyberG:

With a paltry 42 posts on NL, you should get to know people before showing yourself as an ignoramus only queuing behind any tribal agenda that suits you. I showed you evidence that not all Igbos (including LOTS of people here) will think like you! Stop your mental laziness and show me real evidence as demanded in my post. That people don't want a tribe is because of things like these: empty boasting, arrogance, claiming other people's property, unable to give to and share credit with others, lack of people skills, lack of diplomatic skills, etc, etc. In the end, NO part of Nigeria wants another Nigeria and just as the Northerners shouted "A raba" during the riots of the 60's and Ironsi refused and in cahoots with Nwokedi and co, foisted the useless unification decree, NOW other people are saying: NOT ANY MORE! Or is it by force that everyone must take your point of view?

With all your post, all you could come out with your 1million post is to laugh at people's demise.
God punish you there for Canada.
I will make sure I tell your Igbo friends who you exactly are.
You are heartless and inhumane.
After the uppercut you got in your failed attempt to blame the igbos for every bad thing that has occured in the world, all you could do is to come out of your freaking bigoted shell.
keep it up, you freaking tribalist!
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by CyberG: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2012
[/quote][quote author=nku5 link=topic=841674.msg9921279#msg9921279 date=1326046788]
@ cyberg - your response to the op's topic is pitiful and primordially bigoted. Even if you have hatred for igbos at least try and cover it a little. At times I shudder to think ppl I interact with daily have all this bubbling inside of them

I asked questions. I showed a link from another Igbo source saying exactly the same and going to harder details. Show me your own proof that you are not a band-wagoner. The Ibo friends that I have are NOT tribalists like you and have never espoused such empty positions as this one. Address the questions and let us have a debate if you have evidence to show how long you have existed in Abuja, Lagos, etc
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by CyberG: 7:28pm On Jan 08, 2012
BlackPikiN:

With all your post, all you could come out with your 1million post is to laugh at people's demise.
God punish you there for Canada CA. Educate yourself - not that location matters anyway to the debate!
I will make sure I tell your Igbo friends who you exactly are.
You are heartless and inhumane.
After the uppercut you got in your failed attempt to blame the igbos for every bad thing that has occured in the world, all you could do is to come out of your freaking bigoted shell.
keep it up, you freaking tribalist!

You have nothing to offer. You are too mentally challenged or lazy to even show one link. I don't play your tribalistic games of words. I will come back only if you show any evidence of the claims that has been made here.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by EkoIle1: 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2012
lol @ the usual, ibo cry babies. Its only tribal when they called out for their usual stupidity and bogus claims. It's like these clowns can not stand on their own 2 feet without leaning on other people.

Saying you developed a place that was already developed before your forefathers left your villages on ekenedilichuku bus straight to the slums of Ajegunle is not only laughable, it's very very dumb and ignorant

This is what you get when people don't know their place and history.

And if you ask these losers how they developed Lagos, den go begin dance around like headless AGIPA chicken,

Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by Rhino5dm: 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2012
I wont be replying you not for the fact that i want to set the records straight.

Okay check this scenario. . .I'd expect this not to fly over your low IQ'd brain.
When Boko Haram Gave all southern christians 3 days ultimatum, you guys were here beating chest and boasting about how strong you can fight them and blabbing all over the place, while the northern muslim residing is various parts of south, particularly in South East fled in fear of reprisal. As daft and uneducated as they are, they knew the dangers of being caught up unware and they did not underestimate the power of reprisals!! So, they RUN cool

So they fled . . .while on the other hand your kingsmen are busy partying is remote part of deep "core" north, mortgaging thier lives and securites for nothing. I read with utter dismay how some people are accusing Hausas in Anambra of knowing about the attacks in Yola, when every cat knows that Boko Haram always stand through their threats and they dont joke about date, time and place?! What do expect the Hausas residing in south to do? Wait until Boko Haram carried out the attacks before looking for escape route? When its too late? Kai! I no fit shout!!! shocked

What am saying in a nut shell is, dont be caught unaware dreaming about protecting yourselves in another man's land and making yourselves casualities of daftness, when all indications is poiting toward a major war in a near future(God forbid)

The time is now to act! All events are unfolding and becoming more real, take it or leave it! Na your choice.
BlackPikiN:

Kai, You are heartless!
If there's a way you will kill all the Igbos, you wouldn't hestitate.

Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by nku5: 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2012
@ CyberG - shuo ! Did I say anything tribalistic to you and who gives a rats Zap about debating like a bonehead for hours over who has invested or developed the developed the most? We live in an information age you can research the statistics, write a thesis or whatever. The matter is very simple; the op is thinking our ppl should look inwards so our region can develop and so as to ensure that our children are not EVER victimised on account of where they come from . Moreover do you know how much is invested by sme's outside the south-east? Abeg the money is needed back home seriously
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by BlackPikiN(m): 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

I wont be replying you not for the fact that i want to set the records straight.

Okay check this scenario. . .I'd expect this not to fly over your low IQ'd brain.
When Boko Haram Gave all southern christians 3 days ultimatum, you guys were here beating chest and boasting about how strong you can fight them and blabbing all over the place, while the northern muslim residing is various parts of south, particularly in South East fled in fear of reprisal. As daft  and uneducated as they are, they knew the dangers of being caught up unware and they did not underestimate the power of reprisals!! So, they RUN cool

So they fled . . .while on the other hand your kingsmen are busy partying is remote part of deep "core" north, mortgaging thier lives and securites for nothing. I read with utter dismay how some people are accusing Hausas in Anambra of knowing about the attacks in Yola, when every cat knows that Boko Haram always stand through their threats and they dont joke about date, time and place?! What do expect the Hausas residing in south to do? Wait until Boko Haram carried out the attacks before looking for escape route? When its too late? Kai! I no fit shout!!! shocked

What am saying in a nut shell is, dont be caught unaware dreaming about protecting yourselves in another man's land and making yourselves casualities of daftness, when all indications is poiting toward a major war in a near future(God forbid)

The time is now to act! All events are unfolding and becoming more real, take it or leave it! Na your choice.

Everyone knows in real life that you will kill all the Igbos you set yours eyes on.
No need to tell your c/ock and bu/ll stories.
You have repeatedly said over and over again without blinking an eyelid.
Fact remains, You are a heartless and sorrow filled demon!
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by BlackPikiN(m): 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2012
nku5:

@ CyberG - shuo ! Did I say anything tribalistic to you and who gives a rats Zap about debating like a bonehead for hours over who has invested or developed the developed the most? We live in an information age you can research the statistics, write a thesis or whatever. The matter is very simple; the op is thinking our ppl should look inwards so our region can develop and so as to ensure that our children are not EVER victimised on account of where they come from . Moreover do you know how much is invested by sme's outside the south-east? Abeg the money is needed back home seriously

There's no need to have issues with him.
He was shown a video and all He wants the world to hear is the books he read.
Na tribalist wey dey canada dey form say he be saint for where his Igbo friends dey.
Ignore. I have said it, anything Igbo will make people like him ma/d.
In his sleep, at the mall, while eating and f0rking, na how to kill Igbos dey his mind.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by Rhino5dm: 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2012
"The stubborn grasshopper always ends in the gizzard of a chicken" Igbo Adage.

"The stubborn fly follow the corpse to the grave" Igbo Adage.

Thats your choice to make! . . .and i dont give a rat arrz about whats your perception of me in real life, so keep wallowing in your ignorance and daftness. Self deception, ego massaging and lies is your food. Keep on keeping on . . .Pathetic.

BlackPikiN:

Everyone knows in real life that you will kill all the Igbos you set yours eyes on.
No need to tell your c/ock and bu/ll stories.
You have repeatedly said over and over again without blinking an eyelid.
Fact remains, You are a heartless and sorrow filled demon!
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by CyberG: 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2012
nku5:

nku5:

See bolded and only if you don't understand the meaning of what you wrote then, you should use simple language that you can defend yourself on. I said: everyone should go to their father's homeland. Or, does an owner have no right to send non-native away? America cannot refuse a Nigerian a visa to stay without being a bigot? This is just a very simple point. We just don't want any type of Nigeria again with any one - is it by force? Take ANYTHING you have on the land, including everything and everyone that is non-native to the land in the SS, North, SW, MB and send every foreigner in your land away too - IN PEACE! Take the money too, PLEASE, so everyone can live in peace! Again, it is not by force, we don't want either another troublesome country and foreign people, and you should do the same or are you not tired yet? For goodness sake, let EVERYONE go to their homeland!

See a fellow Ibo's opinion below.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by CyberG: 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2012
Source: http://chatafrik.com/articles/nigerian-affairs/item/321-why-do-igbos-always-go-looking-for-trouble?.html

Why Do Igbos Always Go Looking For Trouble?
Written by Ozodi Osuji Ph.D

There is something in the psychological makeup of Igbos that makes them always go looking for trouble. In the calmest of circumstances they will always do something that would annoy those around them, create conflict and then live in conflict; they seem to enjoy living in conflicts.

As it were, they seem to have death wish and do things that would make those around them to attack them, and or kill them hence gratify their death wish (thanatos).

Consider their relationship with their neighbors. Invariably they would say or do something that even a child knows would irritate those neighbors and do it as if they do not know that such actions irritate people. Consider Obi Nwankanma’s concocted historiography. The man is apparently writing a history of Igbos (as gleaned from the snippets of it that he posts on the Internet). Invariably, he would make claims to the effect that Igbos stimulated what their neighbors did or he would make Igbos have credit for what other Nigerian tribes did. And he would make these self-serving bogus claims as if they are true. He is, of course, lying but presents his lies as if they are substantiated truths! The man writes history as propaganda!

Taking credit for what other tribes did diminish those tribes self-respect; they feel attacked and angry at him and by generalization at all Igbos. Thus, the man’s private behavior has negative public consequences for most Igbos, for other Nigerians who feel insulted by him (in a country where folks indulge in stereotyping behaviors, by all Igbos) attack any Igbo in sight.

And this misguided man is not the only one doing what he does; many Igbos do it. Consider their unreasoning response to Frederick Lugard and his British cohorts. Britons created what is now called Nigeria in 1914. Igbos who hitherto did not have a nation were for the first time placed under one administrative unit hence given a sense of being one people. But instead of being grateful to Lugard for hastening their sense of oneness some foolish Igbos call Nigeria Lugard’s cage; that is to say that they feel caged in a place they would rather not be in.

They flock to other parts of that Lugard’s cage to seek employment! The Yorubas allowed them to come to Lagos, a Yoruba city. Now many of them live at Lagos. Instead of expressing gratitude to their Yoruba hosts some of them now claim that Lagos is an Igbo city! Imagine that cheek!

Yorubas could feel insulted by squatters claiming ownership of their land and attack and kill a few of them and the rest of them would carry their loads on their sorry heads and march to the East. They would not even have the courage to stand and fight to death. When the going gets tough they always run to their tribal enclave.

These people routinely insult Hausas and Hausas, not being as patient as Yorubas are, often pick up their machetes and start slashing at any Igbo in sight.

These people literally ask other people to attack them and when attacked they turn around and see themselves as victims. Alas, the rest of the world does not come to their rescue!

The white man could care less if Africans murdered other Africans, if in doubt see the Sudan, Somalia and East Congo where Africans, as we speak, are butchering each other and the International community give them all the opportunity they need to get rid of themselves from the face of this earth (and leave the damn continent for animals so that white men come on wild life safaris in it).

If other Nigerians start murdering Igbos no African Union or United Nations would come to their rescue and even if they did they would send African soldiers, who are likely to be Muslims and hence participate in killing Igbos some more!

These people are not aware of the real world they live in and talk as if they are invulnerable supermen when in fact they are the most vulnerable group of Nigerians (other Nigerians hate their arrogance and could easily gang up on them and do away with them).

So why do Igbos do these crazy things when they could have peaceful relationship with their neighbors? Why do they go looking for trouble (as Fela Kuti said, trouble de sleep” iyanga” de look for am)?

Fela recognized that pride (iyanga)causes interpersonal troubles; Igbos are” inordinately proud” and out of their pride insult other folks and those folks also being “normally proud” human beings (all human beings feel proud, in degrees; the neurotic, aka narcissistic and or paranoid personality feels inordinately proud)feel degraded and attack them.

Fela was an insightful musician, not trained psychologist. There is a more psychological process at work in these people’s apparent irrational behavior. They do what they do because of their inordinate sense of inferiority.

Feeling totally inferior and wanting to seem fictionally superior to other persons they make claims that would seem to make them seem superior to other people. Those absurd claims naturally make those they belittle angry, and those attack them.

INFERIORITY FEELING

I am saying that Igbos go looking for trouble because of their sense of inferiority and paranoid level of compensatory superiority (according to Alfred Adler, all human beings feel inferior and compensate with some superiority feeling and quest for power over their world, but the neurotic over does it).

DEATH WISH (OR FREUD’S THANATOS)

It is as if these people have a death wish and must attack other people so as to generate other people’s counter attacks on them, and when attacked they feel persecuted hence feel alive. The pathological ego feels alive when persecuted!

The paranoid person feels alive when he feels attacked and is defensive; if not feeling attacked and persecuted and defensive he does not feel like he is alive!

The paranoid person has not yet learned that a person can feel even more alive by loving himself and those around him. If you want to truly feel alive do what loves other people and what serves people’s interests.

The alternative to Christian agape love for all people is the paranoid attacks on people that generate counter attack for him and he gets attacked and in defending his self feels falsely alive.

For the longest time I could not quite understand this oddity in many Igbos behavior. Finally, I understood it. They engage in their apparent self-defeating behaviors because of mental disorder. They suffer mass delusion disorder (follies adieu, aka group paranoia).

The deluded person takes his private interpretation of reality as reality. He wants to seem superior and powerful, which he is not; he imagines that he is superior and powerful; believes what is not true as true hence is deluded.

The mentally ill person is not operating in the real world; he is living in his personal world, his fantasy world where he is all powerful and invincible.

The sadist part of it all is that even if you understand the dynamics of what is going on in the deluded person’s head and tell him about it he does not get it and continues doing what he does that gives him certain results and continues to get the same results while expecting different results.

Igbos insult other people, make them angry; they get attacked and or killed. They do not want to be attacked and killed; that is, they want different results but they keep doing what generates the old results and get it. This is the definition of mental disorder: doing the same thing while expecting different results. An alcoholic keeps drinking but does not expect to damage his liver and health; poor soul; as long as he is addicted to his drug of choice he must be slowly damaging his liver, brains and killing himself even though he wishes to be healthy and live.

I know that these people are not going to change for part of mental disorder is not to see what is obvious to the normal person. The normal person, as if instinctively, recognizes that if you insult folks that they would be angry at you and that some of them would attack you, but these bizarre folks keep attacking others (by insulting them) and not expecting them to counter attack them in self-defense.

They do not know what they are doing and one is wasting one’s time trying to get them to recognize the obvious.

I suppose this is my mission: to keep stating the obvious until those who wear blinders finally remove their veil and see it; remove the mask over their eyes and see reality as it is. I will never give up on them after all they are my people, and attacks on them, even if self-brought, are attack on me (when folks begin attacking or killing Igbos they will attack or kill me, too). The sins of fathers are visited on their children’s heads. Therefore, I must keep trying to help them smell the coffee and roses.

A FINAL WORD ON OBI NWANKAMA’S PRETENSIONS

Obi Nwankanma, apparently, is writing history, make belief history of Igbos. He has been talking smack about Nri as core Igbos (obviously a self-serving claim). His idiotic talk is irritating me. One of these days I would unleash my fury at him. I generally allow annoying things to simmer for a while and when I become sufficiently angry I unleash a ferocious attack and will keep attacking and nothing would stop me. By and by I will take Obi Nwakanma up and attack to destroy his pretensions.

These clowns write 419 histories that make their people the head of Igbos while ignoring the obvious, that the core of Alaigbo is Owerri. When I have some time I will do rigorous research on Igbo history and then refute their make believe history (I just read Elizabeth Isichie‘s version of Igbo history; she is not pretentious and haughty; she honestly believed what she wrote; she is a scholar, not a propagandist pretending to be a scholar).

For now let me just say that it is irritating to one to see those who are not even fully Igbos to keep talking as if they are real Igbos and worse present themselves as the leaders of Igbos (they were influenced by surrounding non-Igbo folks; the real Igbos are in core Igbo land, in the Igbo heartland, Owerri/Orlu axis. (Owerri must eventually become the capital of one unified Alaigbo state in Nigeria or Alaigbo republic should Nigeria breakup).

The time allotted to foreigners, such as Onicha/Edo folk, rule over Igbos is over.

Most history books are written as songs of praises to the people they are written about hence are hardly objective. That been said, if one is writing a history of one’s entire people one ought to make an honest attempt to be fairly objective rather than write claptrap that sings the praises of one section of the people. Just imagine it: everyone knows that Owerri is the core Igbo but clowns from non-Owerri area pretend to write Igbo history and not give central place to Owerri.

Even the much maligned white colonial folk recognized that Owerri is core Igbo hence made Owerri dialect the central Igbo dialect in their books on Igbo language. But buffoons from non-Owerri area write as if their peripheral areas are central to Igbo history and in their idiocy expect Owerri folks to accept their nonsense. Why, it is supposed to be Igbo history and every Igbo ought to accept it even if it is a bunch of lies.

When I am free to pay attention to history I will descend on these clowns like a ton of hot coal. Their contrived, 419 scam history of Igbos cannot be allowed to stand.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by Rhino5dm: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
^
Explicit depiction of the real situation on ground. I read that article a while ago from DayoKanu. . .and i was like, this is it!!

Final curtain call!!
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by LogicMind: 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2012
@CybergG

Your fathers went to war to keep us with you. You have us. Deal with it. No running away. We are not cowards. No turning back. We are here to stay.
Except if you convince your poeple to divide the country. We are ever ready, whenever you want.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by nedu210(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
@CyberG, U dat posted this link to show us wat an igbo wrote even wen we dont knw if he is an igbo or not, i dont want to sound rude in talkin to u, but dont pretend as if u are enjoyin all dis killin in lugards cage, yes i call it lugards cage and so wat, dat idiot could hav told me wat the igbo did 2 justify the senseless killin of igbos. Any body can use any name, picture,state and wat ever he or she like 4 his or he ulterior motive. Why dint the idiot point out the trouble dat igbos go about lookin 4, or u CyberG can even help him and tell me your self if u ar truthful to ur self. Dat means every tribe in this lugard's cage ar all trouble makers cos the nysc members ar mostry yoruba, with one igbo, this recent one ar not only igbos but mostly igbos, wat about the kaduna and jos killin ar they all igbos. U want 2 prove a point, igbo ar trouble makes dat is why dey ar bein kill, hw many hav looked 4 ur trouble. Nonsense.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by kettykin: 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2012
The chinese , Indians , lebanese have left some worthless places in the north , igbos ought to follow suite
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by nku5: 8:57pm On Jan 08, 2012
@ cyberG-pity I'm far from my laptop, I would have been able to see the bolded and even highlight a couple of quotes for you. You attack the op and start chanting to your "tents o israel", then you intercept a pen war between two guys and justify your infirmity called bigotry. Guy you funny o, "indigene wants igbos out". Go pursue them with ya keyboard na.Let's even look at the article sef- "igbos look for trouble bla bla bla" so mobs rise up and start looking to murder them. That is lame writing and painfully simple thinking.

But no worry comrade, the future of this country will play out as God wills and if na separation it must happen for everybody to take their future in their hands. Not because your opinion matters in the scheme of things in Nigeria or that u rant from dusk till dawn.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by Brite02(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2012
Anytime i read topics like this, i feel sad, bad. . when will my igbo brothers learn.
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by CyberG: 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

@CybergG

Your fathers went to war to keep us with you. You have us. Deal with it. No running away. We are not cowards. No turning back. We are here to stay.
Except if you convince your poeple to divide the country. We are ever ready, whenever you want.

Don't get the issues wrong. Your tenant is boasting he owns your property and when you challenge him, all hell must break lose? The history of the war is well documented even here on NL, no need to blame the wrong people for the war. Your running away or not is of no consequence, when Nigeria breaks, you CANNOT own another man's land! This is what we are both saying and since we agree, shikena! Arrogant boasting, covetousness of someone else's land or people, taking credit for another man's work, abusing your host community for their generosity and giving you a sense of inclusiveness does not mean you own the land. No one is claiming Iboland, it's yours and I contend that when Nigeria breaks, EVERYTHING MUST be done so that another Nigeria-like situation is NEVER created again. If we both agree, then people MUST stay in their father's land and grow it. This is all that is to this discussion and this is a task that MUST be done otherwise in 100 years, we will be back at the same spot!
Re: Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? by CyberG: 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
nedu210:

@CyberG, U dat posted this link to show us wat an igbo wrote even wen we dont knw if he is an igbo or not, i dont want to sound rude in talkin to u, but dont pretend as if u are enjoyin all dis killin in lugards cage, yes i call it lugards cage and so wat, dat could hav told me wat the igbo did 2 justify the senseless killin of igbos. Any body can use any name, picture,state and wat ever he or she like 4 his or he ulterior motive. Why dint the point out the trouble dat igbos go about lookin 4, or u CyberG can even help him and tell me your self if u ar truthful to your self. Dat means every tribe in this lugard's cage ar all trouble makers cos the nysc members ar mostry yoruba, with one igbo, this recent one ar not only igbos but mostly igbos, wat about the kaduna and jos killin ar they all igbos. U want 2 prove a point, igbo ar trouble makes dat is why dey ar bein kill, hw many hav looked 4 your trouble. Nonsense.

Nedu, the intention is not to start an unnecessary fight but that not all Igbos (or other Nigerians) think the same way or must agree and I showed you an instance. The debate has no need to discredit the man's opinion by questioning his tribal allegiance for he does raise a fair share of legitimate issues which some people bandy around on the internet. If you are a new person on NL (and not a new ID), I invite you to see my previous 1500+ posts and show me if I ever gloried in the death of anyone from any tribe. These killings all have an history and I pointed some of those out, just as the Ibo writer, and it is advisable to look at those things objectively. Some of those things are a direct reflection of what caused the macabre killings in Nigeria: ARROGANCE, EMPTY BOASTING, COVETING ANOTHER MAN'S LAND AS A TENANT, NOT SHARING OR GIVING CREDIT, LACK OF DIPLOMATIC AND TEAM SKILLS, ETC. I never want or agree with any type of killings and I don't want another Nigeria in 100 years or ain't you tired of killings yourself? If you are, everyone needs to go to his own land and BOAST there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Economy Is Growing Hot!! Watch Mckinsey's CEO Speech At Stanford Univ. / What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics) / APC: Kwankwaso Threatens Tinubu, Buhari, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.