Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

I Will Slap Again!” Bishop Oyedepo Brags In First Public Response To Internet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Slap Again!” Bishop Oyedepo Brags In First Public Response To Internet (996 Views)

GEJ Makes His First Public Outing Since Leaving Office (Photos) / 'i Am A Talent Hunter, I Put Talents In Office' - Tinubu Brags / Atiku Makes The First Public Appearance At Buhari’s Campaign Rally (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Slap Again!” Bishop Oyedepo Brags In First Public Response To Internet by BlackPikiN(m): 2:51am On Jan 09, 2012
Bishop David Oyedepo, the founder and president of the Living Faith Church, also known as Winners Chapel, today in Ota reacted in his sermon to the spreading video that showed his scandalous slapping of a worshipper during a 'deliverance' drama at his church.

"People now complain on the Internet that I slapped a witch. If I see another one, I'll slap," said the Bishop, who has become the butt of many jokes since the video was published.

Still, he bragged today, "It is my ministry to slap!"

Bishop Oyedepo, who is seen on the video slapping the young lady for describing herself as a “witch for Christ,” then said of himself, “I am a Baba witch myself.”

He did not explain what he meant, nor did he slap himself.

But challenging the various reactions to his inhumane act, he asked, "Are they going to court now or what? If you slap a witch and she apologizes, it shows you are the superior".

Bishop Oyedepo stepped from religion into politics, and advocated the balkanization of the North and the South of Nigeria in obvious reference to the Boko Haram menace. He stated that the North and the South do not have to be forced to be together.

Despite that foray into one of the critical issues of the moment, the bishop carefully avoided the equally pivotal: the oil subsidy issue which threatens to throw the Nigerian nation into massive rallies and demonstrations starting tomorrow morning.

It was also observed that there is greater security around the church. The reason for this is suspected to be the rising threats and bombing activities of Boko Haram, which he also referred to during his sermon in the second service today.

A police report had shown a red alert on the church earlier, as a Winners Chapel in the North is known to have been listed among other churches for Boko Haram’s next bombing attack.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/%E2%80%9Ci-will-slap-again%E2%80%9D-bishop-oyedepo-brags-first-public-response-internet-outrage-over-assau
Re: I Will Slap Again!” Bishop Oyedepo Brags In First Public Response To Internet by BlackPikiN(m): 3:04am On Jan 09, 2012
Hohohahaha, wetin man no go see for naija men of God o.
one mumu go soon abuse the poster.
Re: I Will Slap Again!” Bishop Oyedepo Brags In First Public Response To Internet by Nobody: 3:34am On Jan 09, 2012
All witches suppose chop slap man for real.
Re: I Will Slap Again!” Bishop Oyedepo Brags In First Public Response To Internet by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 09, 2012
There is nothing wrong with what he said. It is his ministry to slap. He has been slapping witches for time immemorial. He's a man of God, so only He is allowed to say he is 'Baba Witch', what kind of low class citizen dare say she's a 'witch for Jesus', Jesus didn't die for her, she's already condemned. The Winners' congregation are led by a Baba Witch, so we are a community of Bible Believing witches.

Let the 'North' stop killing Christians. You can remove subsidy, use teargas on them, throw them in prisons, give them no light, put more taxes on them, but please don't kill them else we'll go to war. Provide security for them, we'll provide security for our investments buildings.
Re: I Will Slap Again!” Bishop Oyedepo Brags In First Public Response To Internet by mensdept: 4:08am On Jan 09, 2012
Why arent Boko Haram boys dealing with this so-called "Bishop". Look at all those fools in that so-called church laughing like silly Africans and giving their n50 contributions. Meanwhile, their country stinks and is fowl.

People wake up one day and award themselves the name Pastor, or in this case "Bishop", call their building one heavy name, wear 2nd hand suits and scream when they are "Preaching". Then the useless followers who see another opportunity to tie Gele flock, deceiving themselves into believing these con men who have seen an avenue for wealth and attention are men of god.

The day the good people of the nation overthrow and put the leaders on trial, so should they capture and rid the nation of these "Pastor" phuckers.

(1) (Reply)

Timaya On Subsidy / Abdul Dada Is Abdul Qaqa In Sss Custody / Group Makes Case For Lagoon State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.