Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,195 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:38 AM

Where Is Obasanjo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Obasanjo? (1173 Views)

Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? / Is Obasanjo So RELEVANT? / Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Obasanjo? by TRUTHTELA: 4:06am On Jan 09, 2012
Where is Obasanjo? Why is he SILENT? Soyinka, Achebe, Buhari & other GREAT MINDS, with CLEAN HANDS and MORAL JUSTIFICATION to SPEAK their minds, have all SPOKEN about the SUBSIDY.

Is Obasanjo's silence a subtly way of endorsing the subsidy?

Or he knows how much his name STINKS & chose to respect himself??
Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by koruji(m): 4:08am On Jan 09, 2012
He was the only one who, BEFORE THE SUBSIDY WAS REMOVED, publicly advised GEJ many times not to remove the subsidy.

Not that I am really interested in defending OBJ in any way, but the above is the fact.

TRUTHTELA:

Where is Obasanjo? Why is he SILENT? Soyinka, Achebe, Buhari & other GREAT MINDS, with CLEAN HANDS and MORAL JUSTIFICATION to SPEAK their minds, have all SPOKEN about the SUBSIDY.

Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by mensdept: 4:13am On Jan 09, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

Please we dont need Obasanjo or BUHARI to speak. Thank you
Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by TRUTHTELA: 4:18am On Jan 09, 2012
@ KORUJI: While I'm not in doubt of what you said. Is there Any link to prove that its a FACT? However, alot of people did ask Jonathan not to remove it, and they have CRITICIZED the removal OR endorsed it. Obasanjo have been SILENT.
Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by efisher(m): 4:18am On Jan 09, 2012
OBJ and IBB could not achieve what GEJ is trying to achieve with subsidy removal. They are very skeptical about it but they know it's the right decision if only Nigerians can overcome their shortsightedness. On the other hand, they may be benefitting from the old system one way or the other. That I can't prove anyway.
Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by koruji(m): 4:25am On Jan 09, 2012
Here is a link for you. As far as I know he was the only one that kept saying it, and went as far to meet Jonathan over the issue.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-828181.0.html#msg9794308
Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by TRUTHTELA: 4:30am On Jan 09, 2012
@ EFISHER: Really?? Jonathan, IBB, OBASanjo are two sides of the same coins. What do you think subsidy will achieve? If you are on his PAYROLL, or related, or simply ignorant of the realities on gorund, YOU SHOULD BURY YOUR HEAD IN SHAME. I DO NOT BLAME JONATHAN, I BLAME THE DEBASED MORONS THAT ALLOWED HIM TO BE THEIR PRESIDENT. I watched him on NTA, yest. I was so ashamed, cos, folks were asking me" HOW CAN THIS BE THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA" that they thought Nigeria has SMART people. Woe unto them. Cos, a people get the type of leadership they DESERVE.
Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by TRUTHTELA: 4:39am On Jan 09, 2012
@ kuroji, don't go & say this outside, cos, people will attack you. How can you tell anyone that Obasanjo adviced against subsidy removal?? How many times did he increase fuel & even TAG some of it " ROAD TAX". He went ahead to create another avenue for wasting the public funds thru his FERMA. Obasanjo increased fuel @ the twilight of his administration, SIMPLY COS, HIS CRIMINAL THIRD TERM AGENDA WAS THROWN OUT, fortunately, Yardua revised that his malicious fuel increase. He has buried his head in shame & have not said anything to prove that he is not in support of subsidy. How can he not be in support of it? When he said that fuel is cheaper than a bottle of coke.

If not for a ROGUE like Obasanjo & his fuel increase policies, people like Oshinmole will not be made popular thru NLC, activisim & he used that popularity to turn against Nigerians by SUPPORTING SUBSIDY. History will judge them all.
Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by koruji(m): 4:52am On Jan 09, 2012
I already knew this is where you were going from your brainless post about Yoruba yesterday, but I still humored you.

Obviously you didn't get the hint when I said "I am not interested in defending OBJ". And I am still not interested.

It is your baggage to carry - it fits you well, go on with it.

This far, no farther. Kapish.

TRUTHTELA:

@ kuroji, don't go & say this outside, cos, people will attack you. How can you tell anyone that Obasanjo adviced against subsidy removal?? How many times did he increase fuel & even TAG some of it " ROAD TAX". He went ahead to create another avenue for wasting the public funds thru his FERMA. Obasanjo increased fuel @ the twilight of his administration, SIMPLY COS, HIS CRIMINAL THIRD TERM AGENDA WAS THROWN OUT, fortunately, Yardua revised that his malicious fuel increase. He has buried his head in shame & have not said anything to prove that he is not in support of subsidy. How can he not be in support of it? When he said that fuel is cheaper than a bottle of coke.

If not for a ROGUE like Obasanjo & his fuel increase policies, people like Oshinmole will not be made popular thru NLC, activisim & he used that popularity to turn against Nigerians by SUPPORTING SUBSIDY. History will judge them all.
Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 09, 2012
Obasanjo ke? E be like say poverty don bless Nigerians with short term-memory.

The Same OBJ that was the first to go confer with Boko-Haram (in attempts to negotiate with them) when the menace initially started, and what happened? Less than 24hrs after he met with Boko-Haram's leader's younger brother the guy was murdered in cold blood. Meaning? "If We can eat our young, you're of no relevance,thus, you're expendable--- steer clear". Baba no want wahala o. Especially he has realized that even though he was hoping for a puppet in Jonathan, he got a complete lice-infested rag-doll that nobody in him right mind would want to be associated with. OBJ has left GEJ to his fate and clearly doesn't want to draw attention to himself or be associated with such a nuisance.
Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 09, 2012
The fact is that it was reported that OBJ advised jonathan not to remove subsidy.

The man is not a saint but its true.
Re: Where Is Obasanjo? by Gbawe: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2012
koruji:

I already knew this is where you were going from your brainless post about Yoruba yesterday, but I still humored you.

Obviously you didn't get the hint when I said "I am not interested in defending OBJ". And I am still not interested.

It is your baggage to carry - it fits you well, go on with it.

This far, no farther. Kapish.

You should not have bothered humouring him with serious response . Before I saw your post , I was going to ask him why he mentions Soyinka , with "sellout in his genes", as a great mind? Why the hypocrisy? Why would Soyinka want his name on the lips of an ugly bigot?

You should ignore the likes of this chap because, once outed, he really should only be talking to his kind i.e fellow bigots. They don't feel Nigerian and will never stop harbouring nasty stereotype assumption about the rest of us so why indulge them with serious conversation? Once identified, mockery is all they deserve same as I would taunt a racist neighbour , who cannot be bothered to acknowledge the humanity of others, everyday till he moves.

(1) (Reply)

Naijajive Removes Boko To Christianity Article Connecting Ibb And Asari To Boko / Latest Live Interview Of Kabiru Sokoto, Boko Haram Top Member / Religious Disrespect And Sarcasm At Easter: Emulate Jesus, Arewa Charges Xtians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.