Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! (13241 Views)

The Hilux Vans Donated By Toyota Company To MNJTF Against Insurgency. Photos / Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu / CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by MuNeme(m): 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
And someone argues police shouldn't shoot when supposed protesters turn to criminals!
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by aljharem(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
MuNeme:

And someone argues police shouldn't shoot when supposed protesters turn to criminals!

I don't think they should shoot just like that

I believe the Police can handle the situation without killing people

If all options are taken then they can do whatever is necessary to stop the escalating protest
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by Pain(m): 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
How many citizens were shot and killed in the last riots in the UK?
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by muami(m): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
Pain:

How many of them went near No 10 and attempted to forcefully enter there?
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by asoebi(m): 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
I am indeed very sure that Nigeria is at the verge of breaking apart, and i know nothing, nothing i mean can stop her from breaking apart.
Just my Thoughts
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by Liverpoolfc(m): 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2012
What has sanusi's house to do with subsidy removal? Some of these bitches are nt only foolish bt wicked.  Pls police, soldier fired any bitch straight to the head that attempt to use this medium to show his/her wicked nature. Mumu.
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by muami(m): 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
Pain:

By the way, 153 students were arrested. 7 were chrged for common assault, criminal damage or public order offences while the remaining 146 were charged with "breaching the peace after they refused officers' orders to disperse".
Lawlessness is not tolerated by any govt even in the West!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/8172147/Student-protest-153-arrested-in-London-demonstration-against-tuition-fees.html
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by Pain(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
muami:

How many of them went near No 10 and attempted to forcefully enter there?

Yeah Right. The Guy killed in Ogba, Lagos today and the other Guy in Kwara last week were near the Government House.
How do low lives like these make their way to nairaland? Oh God Help Me!!
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by muami(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
Pain:

Yeah Right. The Guy killed in Ogba, Lagos today and the other Guy in Kwara last week were near the Government House.
How do low lives like these make their way to nairaland? Oh God Help Me!!
This thread is not about police killings nationwide. It is about protesters who "set vans ablaze"and "sought to set fire on CBN gov's home!" and how the police reacted. I like to keep separate issues separate.
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by queensmith: 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
ceejayluv:

Picture this. You are a law-enforcement agent stationed to protect the state house. Some irate youths who may not even know how to spell 'subsidy' and have no idea of what the protest is about, brandishing sticks and matchetes jump the fence and charge at you. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Drop your gun and run?? Attack an armed US marine lyk that and see what will hapen!

This is the reason why a government exists! In a country full of HAPPY people that are not SUFFERING. A country full of YOUTHS THAT HAVE EDUCATION, A STAKE IN SOCIETY WELL PAYING EMPLOYMENT FOOD TO EAT WATER TO DRINK CLOTHES ON THIER BODY AND A ROOF ON THIER HEADS, they will never resort to criminalities. This is what happens when a population is fustrated, violence, property destruction, looting, protesting and the likes!

if they didnt know before now they will find out!!
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by ocelot2006(m): 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
I'm all for a peaceful protest. But when a number of fools decide to break the law and harm the innocent, then the police have EVERY right to use whatever means necessary to protect the innocent and bring those bastards to justice.
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by muami(m): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
queensmith:

This is the reason why a government exists! In a country full of HAPPY people that are not SUFFERING. A country full of YOUTHS THAT HAVE EDUCATION, A STAKE IN SOCIETY WELL PAYING EMPLOYMENT FOOD TO EAT WATER TO DRINK CLOTHES ON THIER BODY AND A ROOF ON THIER HEADS, they will never resort to criminalities. This is what happens when a population is fustrated, violence, property destruction, looting, protesting and the likes!

if they didnt know before now they will find out!!

Please google "August 2011 riots in the UK", read about it and you would realise that a criminal mind is a criminal mind everywhere.
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by REPSNIG: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
muami:

By the way, 153 students were arrested. 7 were chrged for common assault, criminal damage or public order offences while the remaining 146 were charged with "breaching the peace after they refused officers' orders to disperse".
Lawlessness is not tolerated by any govt even in the West!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/8172147/Student-protest-153-arrested-in-London-demonstration-against-tuition-fees.html

Illiterate cretin. Here you are openly referring to the LAWFUL approach which was deployed in the UK riots and yet you st.upidly urge the Nigerian police to shoot to kill.

You are utterly deranged and cursed with the deepest form of mental retardation.

If the Police see people burning a van, the proper thing to do is to arrest them and charge them appropriately. Fatal force has very specific conditions for deployment. In the instance of the CBN Govs house, people approached it but were turned away by police: nobody was shot there - so you cant use that as the excuse or justification.

You are a wasted cretin whose miseducation was an utter waste. You ought to be asked to refund the monies spent sending you to worever filthy jakande school u went to .

Maggot.
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by REPSNIG: 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
muami:

This thread is not about police killings nationwide. It is about protesters who "set vans ablaze"and "sought to set fire on CBN gov's home!" and how the police reacted. I like to keep separate issues separate.

Repeat after me - I, Muami, am a re.tarded cretin!

So once police see people burning a van, the appropriate response is to open fire, ehn?

Where did you grow up - Myanmar? ? ? ? ?

Olodo
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by dejust(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
Thats Nigeria and peaciful protests. Those who are calling the innocents out for riots will pay for the lost souls.
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by REPSNIG: 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
^ will you just shut the fvck up??
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
muami:

When protesters in the UK set vans ablaze and set houses on fire

How many of them were shot?
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by muami(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
dayokanu:

When protesters in the UK set vans ablaze and set houses on fire

How many of them were shot?
They did not shoot any protester or use other 'appropriate' force which was one of the reason the riot spread. And guess what, they were heavily criticized for it. The PM was forced to cut short his holiday because of the 'soft' approach and when he came, he stated that the police erred by handling the matter as a 'public disorder' rather than a 'riot' which requires more force. This view was confirmed by the Home Affairs Committee of the Parliament which concluded that the police "failed to appreciate magnitude of riot task".

The Nigerian police appreciates the magnitude of the task and we should give kudos to them!
read the full report here:
http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/home-affairs-committee/news/plsd-report-publication/
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
And did they need to shoot before the riots were finally stopped?
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by SILAKABUWA: 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
If Uzodinma from Imo West believe that the disintegration of Nigeria is the way forward, he should remember that the killing in Ebonyi State was between people of same state, same tribe and same religion. He should equally ask the people of South Sudan how they are killing their self after the separating from Sudan. When Nigeria separates, You will kill yourself in 1day! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by manny4life(m): 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
I don't know what civilized democratic nation shoot their citizens during riots. What about using other tactful method to deter them? In as long as weapons (gun) were not used by protesters, why the hell will use use weapons on them? I do not support protesters burning up houses, but using guns on them is not the wise idea. Imagine if all the protesters were using armed weaponry, do you think those police people will be there to fight? Don't you think they value their own lives?
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by REPSNIG: 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
dayokanu:

The Arrow should reflect on whether even the "stronger approach" involves shooting people "to kill" as he recommended.

HE IS A BRAINLESS TWERP, AND BY THE GRACE OF GOD, one day he will be shot to death.

The twerp is ignorant of the fact that there exist very specific instances for shooting to kill.
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by muami(m): 7:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
dayokanu:

I agree with you that they did'nt need to shoot before the riots were finally stopped. However, they were only able to stop by floodiing the affected cities with policemen which they imported from other towns including scotland. The Nigeria police force cannot afford to do that in view of their overall number and the heighthened security nationwide. If they do not shoot when forced to, what do you want them to do. To be overrrun by the protesters, some of which are boko haramites?  

In any event, we should realize that while there is a duty on the police to be careful in dealing with protesters, protesters are also expected to conduct themselves peacefully. In the Uk, workers went on strike against pension reform queitly but did not go to the airports to stop those who want to work from working. Also, students protested against the rise in fees but they did not 'shut' down and threathen to shut down the country. Meanwhile, Comrade Abiodun Aremu, sec gen of one of the labour unions in Lagos was warning Nigerians who do not want to participate in the strike action to stay in-doors, or else they would be dealt with. Point is: You can't conduct a protest differently from the way it is done in the West and expect the Nigerian police to act the way police in the west acts.
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
^^ Pray tell how the current Nigerian protests were different from the UK riots of last year
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by kizito96(m): 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
Too Bad
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by muami(m): 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ Pray tell how the current Nigerian protests were different from the UK riots of last year

As I have said before, the approach of the UK police during the riot has been condemned by the PM, Parliament and most UK citizens. Even the police has accepted that they made mistakes. I therefore wonder why you insist on using it as a 'best practice' scenario
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
muami:

Point is: You can conduct a protest differently from the way it is done in the West and expect the Nigerian police to act the way police in the west acts.

According to this post

Nigerians protested the way the UK people protested last year

Why didnt the UK police shoot at them like the Nigerian cops have done
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by muami(m): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
dayokanu:

According to this post

Nigerians protested the way the UK people protested last year

Why didnt the UK police shoot at them like the Nigerian cops have done
Oh! Apologies for misleading you. I meant to say you CAN'T (would modify it now) and I was really concerned with the way UK students and labour unions conducted their protest.
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
Are boko haram protesting? sure sounds like it.

Only Boko Haram minded folks will feel the need start attacking pointless targets. Purely animals. undecided
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by violent(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
The police should have shot to kill. Does the govt house look like NLC secretariat?

You're a mo[i]r[/i]on!

Life is sacred you iidiot, properties are replaceable!  A protester who goes berserk should be arrested and dealt with according to the laws of the land.  Advocating a shoot to kill policy in a country already plagued by extrajudicial police killings is very shameful.  You ought to cower your head in shame and contemplate the terrible woes of your existence!
Re: Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! by sixtus4: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2012
There is nothing wrong with protest,but the way and manner of protest matters a lot.Violence cannot lead us to any where.Fire cannot quench fire.Evil cannot stop evil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snake Comes Out Of A Woman's Private Organ During Deliverance In Ghana / When Silence Means Contempt: The Nation Shades President Buhari / Senator Shehu Sani Identifies 15 Threats To Democracy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.