Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

The Ojota Fuel Anti Subsidy Removal Protest: A Political Jamboree! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ojota Fuel Anti Subsidy Removal Protest: A Political Jamboree! (921 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? / Fuel Subsidy Removal Protest Going On In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ojota Fuel Anti Subsidy Removal Protest: A Political Jamboree! by Hardeihorllah(m): 11:06am On Jan 11, 2012
I have made up my mind not to participate in this 'protest' of fuel anti subsidy removal again, especially the one hapening in the Gani Fawehinmi garden at Ojota. It bleedens my heart that the protest which could have been effectively used to drive home our point to the government has now been hijacked by some unscruptulous politicians to have thier own pound of flesh of the GEJ administration. What should people had expected from a failure such as "pastor" Tunde Bakare and his cohort?

An opened mind observation of yesterday protest would clearly show that the gathering is nothing but an avenue for some angry politician to 'payback' and enrich themselves. Come to think of it, who is sponsoring the protest? Why is the protest air live on television( lagos and abuja)? What are all these musicians doing there? Are (the musicians) they not the same set of people who vigorously campaigned for the president during the electioneering process? My opinion is that the most massive protest in Nigeria at Ojota, has lost its focus and people have started seeing it as such.

Ask most from the protesters the reason behind their protest and you will be shocked that most of them don't even know why! Did anybody participate in the protest yesterday, did you see the way people were smoking weed and threatening other protesters? Is this the way other nations that had sucessfully driven home thier point did it? Did you see the way the organisers are monopolising addressing the crowd? National Association of Nigeria students were not even given the opportunity to air their anger and yet people like Paso, Atorise, Olu mentain, and so on were given ample time to address thier fans, people who could not even adress the crowd in pidgin english. Who is deceiving who. If we want to protest lets all do that as Nigerians and be sincere as possible. It is a shame that some of our innocent compatriots had fallen already and yet we still think this is a joke. Nigerians are just different people, they always make joke of any situation and now they have made this protest nothing but a very, very huge JOKE!

Well, I wouldn't discourage anybody who will like to still carry on with the protest, atleast you will have oppourtunity to walk which is a form of exercise and also if you love dancing, you will have some wonderful oppourtunity to do that to the Abami Eda rhythm. Now, isn't that something worth doing?
Re: The Ojota Fuel Anti Subsidy Removal Protest: A Political Jamboree! by trekkie: 11:12am On Jan 11, 2012
my broda, i depend on ait to follow what is happening in lagos. you paint a different picture from what we see on tv. what about all those unfortunate people who have lost their lives? did that happen at ojota?
Re: The Ojota Fuel Anti Subsidy Removal Protest: A Political Jamboree! by Dyt(f): 11:14am On Jan 11, 2012
We c things in diff directions
yh dis s d opportunity 4 d opposin party 2 use against him
in mktn its called SWOT
strength, weakness, opportunities n threats
since his tenure s weak, d opposin parties r usin it against him,dats a threat 2 d society n dey grabbed d opportunities.
Yor ll say ti ti enikan oba baje,ti e nikan o le da *if anoda person own no spoil,anoda no go beta*

(1) (Reply)

Why Are We Doing This Now? By Ben Bruce. / Estimate How Much Politicians Have Stolen? (1999 - 2012) / Igbos In Kano Defy Security Challenges, Honour Ikemba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.