Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live (10403 Views)

Osibanjo 'Clashes' With Ex-CBN Governor Sanusi Over Naira Devaluation / Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite / Southeast Governors Have Mortgaged Ndiigbo Future—max Gbanite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by ireke(m): 10:58am On Jan 12, 2012
In my opinion, I think this attempt to remove the subsidy has been a blessing. It has shown us that we can fight. They have always viewed us (nigerians) as set of docile people. Hopefully, when this is all over, we will get on the street again to ask for a Nigeria where there are no full time senators and reps earning 29M naira per month but part time legislators that have something reasonable to contribute, and that will not earn more than 50M naira in a year. That is the only hope for us to have serious minded legislators. Right now, all we have are thieves. Ex-Governor Senator, Ex-Senator Governor.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by sholatech(m): 10:59am On Jan 12, 2012
SLS statements are always cautious. But tell me Sanusi fights or will fight corrption and I will just sneeze. He is the CBN governor regulating banks and yet 1.7trn naira(more than subsidies) were laundered via our banks past 12 months. He doesn't like corruption but he appointed his friends to manage some rescued banks and they bought new bullet-prood jeeps and still milked those banks dry. For me, he cried wolf while there was none exeptional in the banking industry different from other parts of the world. He is yet to dispute the fact that Bukola Saraki is his CBN job provider and keeps protecting his benefactor's prior misbehaviour in SGBN and Intercontinental bank.Yes, call him a brillant orator, he also knows his Onions, but clearly not a solution. He needs to do his boss bidding now because AIG is already eyeing his seat when his first tenure expires soon.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by dmainboss: 10:59am On Jan 12, 2012
oyb:

sanusi is probably the only honorable man left in the gejs gallery of rogues

The man is representing the FG. He is voicing what has been agreed in meetings. He is not speaking as Sanusi. Never forget that. Especially in a time like this
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by atiku07(m): 11:01am On Jan 12, 2012
Dis SANUSI guy is such a smart Dude I love de way he answers questions thrown at him. So therefore  SANUSI meant subsidy is still sustainable for a while so dis dezeani woman and dat IMF mugu can just shut up and implement de removal in phases. And avoid all dis unnecessary death. Moreover dat dezeani woman should be kicked out of dat government ad for okonjo she van always be checked by de smartness of SANUSI
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by atiku07(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2012
Dis SANUSI guy is such a smart Dude I love de way he answers questions thrown at him. So therefore  SANUSI meant subsidy is still sustainable for a while so dis dezeani woman and dat IMF mugu can just shut up and implement de removal in phases. And avoid all dis unnecessary death. Moreover dat dezeani woman should be kicked out of dat government ad for okonjo she van always be checked by de smartness of SANUSI
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by atiku07(m): 11:06am On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by atiku07(m): 11:06am On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2012
dmainboss:

The man is representing the FG. He is voicing what has been agreed in meetings. He is not speaking as Sanusi. Never forget that. Especially in a time like this

go and choke on your champagne, mr gej apologist. we have seen you in and out, and know what you are. what are you even doing here. shouldn't yu be off with your fellow thug in arms biatching about Yoruba parasites?

he is doing the best he can to extricate us from the mess created by gej and madueke, who are bankrupting this nation for their friends

the real solution is to prosecute all the briefcase importers, but we have naija 'honour among theives'.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by muami(m): 11:10am On Jan 12, 2012
ireke:

In my opinion, I think this attempt to remove the subsidy has been a blessing. It has shown us that we can fight. They have always viewed us (nigerians) as set of docile people. Hopefully, when this is all over, we will get on the street again to ask for a Nigeria where there are no full time senators and reps earning 29M naira per month but part time legislators that have something reasonable to contribute, and that will not earn more than 50M naira in a year. That is the only hope for us to have serious minded legislators. Right now, all we have are thieves. Ex-Governor Senator, Ex-Senator Governor.
Don't get excited. Nigerians have always fought when fuel price is increased even during military dictatorships.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by dmainboss: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2012
oyb:

go and choke on your champagne, mr gej apologist. we have seen you in and out, and know what you are. what are you even doing here. shouldn't yu be off with your fellow thug in arms biatching about Yoruba parasites?

he is doing the best he can to extricate us from the mess created by gej and madueke, who are bankrupting this nation for their friends

the real solution is to prosecute all the briefcase importers, but we have naija 'honour among theives'.

Sorry i dont exchange word with touts. Its not ma thing! Try another number
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by AjanleKoko: 11:15am On Jan 12, 2012
muami:

Don't get excited. Nigerians have always fought when fuel price is increased even during military dictatorships.

Correct.
Only when you touch the fuel price do you get a reaction from Nigerians. Which is very understandable, because there is nothing else available in Nigeria. Fuel is the only driver of the country's economy, since there is no infrastructure.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by doctokwus: 11:16am On Jan 12, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Naija sha.
Once someone is speaking nice English, and has a lot to say,  they are automatically 'brilliant'.
So we are still at this level of colonial mentality, and some of you are supposed to be the new generation. Shame.
Particularly when d person has steppd abroad& has some form of education there,some now take them as gurus.okonjo,deziani,Aganga,Sanusi,ever since we had this set,its bn one disastrous policy after d other& corruption has now reached exotic proportions
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by sniperTULK(m): 11:17am On Jan 12, 2012
What do u by revering SANUSI, he may b inteligent but I am 100% sure the bastard is a devil incarnate. How can access bank buy over intercontinental, he asked that all independent atm's shud be shut, now reopened, he wants a cashless society that is only realistic in a developd society, he wants islamic banking, Intercontinental used to be one of the best bank Naija has when Soludo was @ CBN and sincerely we felt good impart on the banks and economy then. Now all sanusi has is bad news every morning, now fuel subsidy removal,
Why are you people so foolish that you can use your head for once, it is only what you hear in the media and there propagandas you listen to. Sanusi is an agent personally sent to nigeria by the devil. Howcome he is visiting channels, are their no people around there to have him burnt? Atleast for a start, we will get the others too,
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by ektbear: 11:19am On Jan 12, 2012
I'm watching them sing (play?) "Zombie" at this protest on channelstv.com. Interesting.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 12, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Correct.
Only when you touch the fuel price do you get a reaction from Nigerians. Which is very understandable, because there is nothing else available in Nigeria. Fuel is the only driver of the country's economy, since there is no infrastructure.

another pointer to the empty head of the man in aso rock.  sad
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by rabzy01: 11:23am On Jan 12, 2012
Welcome to subsidy
online assistance service. How can
we help you today?
-To know the price of fuel in your
home zone PRESS 1.
- If you are still stuck in the village
PRESS 2.
- In case you need fuel but you don’t
have money PRESS 3.
- To get in touch with a black
marketer in your area PRESS 4.
- If you are interested in marrying an
oil worker especially a petrol
attendant, PRESS 0.
- To personalize your new engine to
start using palm wine, PRESS 5.
- If your new means of transportation
is donkey, PRESS 6
- If you voted GEJ and not PDP,
PRESS 7
- For more info, please stay online to
speak to President Goodluck
Jonathan.
- In case you are not satisfied with his
explanation, join the #OccupyNigeria
protest nearest to you.
Thank you.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by pharmow: 11:25am On Jan 12, 2012
I must say that Sanusi is quite good theoretically but in practical, all what he is saying is not easily applicable. I understand the fact that there is little or nothing he can do in getting rid of the cabals which leaves the blame on GEJ. our problem is[b] basically corruption [/b] . Even if Nigerians accept the fuel subsidy removal, we are having fear that the money realised we vanish like it has happened in the past. Corruption is our problem and GEJ should be bold enough to fight that, if not it shows that he is also corrupt.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by BMZK: 11:30am On Jan 12, 2012
This Aboki sabi book, He is occupying all the space like a teacher and his students: the journalists are expecting a yes or no answers but the guy is boldly expressing his intellectual supremacy over their cheap routine questions.
We have many professionals with patriotic ideas in this country like SSL if given the oppurtunities to rule this country, things will be better.
The question how many nigerians are willing to allow objectivities to prevail over jugdemental sentiments?
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 12, 2012
ekt_bear:

I'm watching them sing (play?) "Zombie" at this protest on channelstv.com. Interesting.

zombie the subsidy remover
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2012
rabzy01:

Welcome to subsidy online assistance service. How can we help you today?

-To know the price of fuel in your home zone PRESS 1.

- If you are still stuck in the village PRESS 2.

- In case you need fuel but you don’t have money PRESS 3.

- To get in touch with a black marketer in your area PRESS 4.

- If you are interested in marrying an oil worker especially a petrol attendant, PRESS 0.

- To personalize your new engine to start using palm wine, PRESS 5.

- If your new means of transportation is donkey, PRESS 6

- If you voted GEJ and not PDP, PRESS 7

- For more info, please stay online to speak to President Goodluck Jonathan.

- In case you are not satisfied with his explanation, join the #OccupyNigeria protest nearest to you. Thank you.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by nduchucks: 11:34am On Jan 12, 2012
I am fully convinced that GEJ is not in control and that he is fully unqualified and lacks the ability to govern a country such as ours. How he allowed the situation to get to this level is beyond me.  His advisers appear to be grossly incompetent and suffer from a severe disconnect from the masses - they seem to be living in a bubble.

GEJ needs to take the bull by the horn, reverse this untimely policy, start fighting corruption and Boko Haram, and regain the trust of the people of Nigeria. I'm afraid that his government may not survive if this strike continues beyond this week. Even if we assume that N1.4trillion is the amount needed to sustain the 419 subsidy, this administration can raise more than that amount by fighing corruption in the oil sector alone.

Sanusi itemized various ways in which corruption and looting takes place in the oil sector, let them invest only N1billion to plug those holes and use the savings to finance the 419 subsidy. Why implement a policy in a manner that causes 90% - 150% inflation overnight?  This is worse that foolishness and incompetence, it is outright shameful.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 12, 2012
Because he speaks clean, clear and precise english does that make him a brillant person?  As far as i am concerned they are all thieves with SANUSI inclusive.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by DAY12(m): 11:36am On Jan 12, 2012
Dr. Wale Salami wrote: WHO IS SUBSIDISING WHAT?

> When a Nigerian buys a literof Petrol for #65
instead of #40, he is subsidising govt inefficiency by #25.

> When u buy a generator and run it on Petrol or
diesel, u'r subsidising govt incompetence in energy
sector.

> When u drill a borehole, dig well, buy pure (poor) water or table water, u'r subsidising d inefficiency of govt in d area of supply of portable water.

> When u hv to maintain 3 phone lines b'cos of poor call quality, u'r subsidising d failure of govt ind area of regulation.

> When u involuntrilly spend money to put yourself behind bars inyour own house laced with burglar proofs of hard iron bars on your Window, u'rsubsidising
govt incompetence in security.

> When u visit d mechanic often or die in an accident, u a'r subsidising govt inefficiency in d provision of good roads, rail
system etc.

> When you have to Buy NecoGCE, Waec GCE and SSCE Form,U'r subsidising govt ineffiiciency in the Education Sector.

> When you have to Choose 4Schools in UTME Exam, U'r subsidising Govt inefficiency inEdu Sector. On Health, we subsidise govt failure. Now let us all remove our subsidies, so that govt can be forced to do theRIGHT thing. Pls support d general strike.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by spinnin(m): 11:42am On Jan 12, 2012
sanusi is a really brilliant man and he also looks trustworthy. The so called cabals should be prosecuted and brought to book immediately.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by xtremeidea(m): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2012
rabzy01:

Welcome to subsidy
online assistance service. How can
we help you today?
-To know the price of fuel in your
home zone PRESS 1.
- If you are still stuck in the village
PRESS 2.
- In case you need fuel but you don’t
have money PRESS 3.
- To get in touch with a black
marketer in your area PRESS 4.
- If you are interested in marrying an
oil worker especially a petrol
attendant, PRESS 0.
- To personalize your new engine to
start using palm wine, PRESS 5.
- If your new means of transportation
is donkey, PRESS 6
- If you voted GEJ and not PDP,
PRESS 7
- For more info, please stay online to
speak to President Goodluck
Jonathan.
- In case you are not satisfied with his
explanation, join the #OccupyNigeria
protest nearest to you.
Thank you.

LWKMD,
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by mohid(m): 11:59am On Jan 12, 2012
DAY11.:

Dr. Wale Salami wrote: WHO IS SUBSIDISING WHAT?

> When a Nigerian buys a literof Petrol for #65
instead of #40, he is subsidising govt inefficiency by #25.

> When u buy a generator and run it on Petrol or
diesel, u'r subsidising govt incompetence in energy
sector.

> When u drill a borehole, dig well, buy pure (poor) water or table water, u'r subsidising d inefficiency of govt in d area of supply of portable water.

> When u hv to maintain 3 phone lines b'cos of poor call quality, u'r subsidising d failure of govt ind area of regulation.

> When u involuntrilly spend money to put yourself behind bars inyour own house laced with burglar proofs of hard iron bars on your Window, u'rsubsidising
govt incompetence in security.

> When u visit d mechanic often or die in an accident, u a'r subsidising govt inefficiency in d provision of good roads, rail
system etc.

> When you have to Buy NecoGCE, Waec GCE and SSCE Form,U'r subsidising govt ineffiiciency in the Education Sector.

> When you have to Choose 4Schools in UTME Exam, U'r subsidising Govt inefficiency inEdu Sector. On Health, we subsidise govt failure. Now let us all remove our subsidies, so that govt can be forced to do theRIGHT thing. Pls support d general strike.

gbam!nailed it!
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by Dereformer(m): 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
I think the masses are demonstrating for the wrong reason.

Let us use the telecommunication industry as our case study. Before the deregulation of this sector,it was considered a luxury to have nitel phone lines.

I remembered in those days, less than 5 million Nigerians had access to telephone services and, of course you have to be very rich to afford one.

At that time communication was very difficult. To communicate with a relation in lagos from Aba; you either have to travel to lagos if the message is urgent or wait for more than 4 weeks for your letter to get to lagos.

Then comes deregulation. At first, telecom services was still very expensive and out of reach of ordinary Nigerian because MTN then was the only GSM operator in Nigeria.

Today the story is different. Who knows (as at 2001) that with less than N3,000.00 you could own a phone and a sim card. Who knows that even a wheelbarrow pusher would be a proud owner of phone set.

Our gain is not only having cheap telecom services but also many jobs were created.

This same argument could go for fuel subsidy removal.

What Nigerians do not know is that the CABAL are past Nigerian leaders. These people are milking our country dry. They have perpetually all efforts to get our refineries working because that would mean bad business for them because they have their own refineries outside this country.

The president cannot touch these people because they bankrolled his campaign expenses.

I will be back shortly.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by Zi: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2012
Oyb et al.
Pls, pls & pls, SLS is not what u think he is! Do ur research well.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by muami(m): 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I am fully convinced that GEJ is not in control and that he is fully unqualified and lacks the ability to govern a country such as ours. How he allowed the situation to get to this level is beyond me.  His advisers appear to be grossly incompetent and suffer from a severe disconnect from the masses - they seem to be living in a bubble.

GEJ needs to take the bull by the horn, reverse this untimely policy, start fighting corruption and Boko Haram, and regain the trust of the people of Nigeria. I'm afraid that his government may not survive if this strike continues beyond this week.
What makes you think GEJ is not in control? The mere fact that there are protests in Abuja and in the states that did'nt want a southerner to become a President in the first place does not mean that GEJ is not in control. statistically, majority of states and Nigerians are going about their normal business except for govt offices that are shut.
By the way, sorry to disappoint you but GEJ would complete his tenure even if Lagosians carry out their political/entertainment jambore/carnival till the end of the year. As for going back to N65, forget it. Its NEVER going to happen. NEVER!
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by hercules07: 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2012
We know Sanusi is making sense, he is also talking about the corruption, but, we need the government to fight the corruption first before they deregulate, if I hear one more reference to telecommunications, I will slap somebody online.
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by Zi: 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2012
Dereformer thanks 4 ur mild response but u r quite ignorant. GSM cannot and should not be compared wit d present fuel subsidy issue. Those who were not able to buy a phone then, waited till they were able to. But with fuel price increase & consequent increase in commodities, should one wait (starve) till u can afford it? NO! NO! NO! Food is necessity, phone is luxury. THINK!
I'l be back.

My 1 cent!
Re: Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live by Zi: 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2012
Dereformer thanks 4 ur mild response but u r quite ignorant. GSM cannot and should not be compared wit d present fuel subsidy issue. Those who were not able to buy a phone then, waited till they were able to. But with fuel price increase & consequent increase in commodities, should one wait (starve) till u can afford it? NO! NO! NO! Food is necessity, phone is luxury. THINK!
I'l be back.

My 1 cent!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Refugee Welcomes Baby At Yola IDP Camp (Photos) / Kebbi Bans Mining, Shuts Down Many Sites / Patrick Obahiagbon On His Facebook Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.