Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz (914 Views)

Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble / Mrcork Online Relationship Help & Advise for all...pls Ask Questions. / Whats Wrong With My Relationship? Help Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by tboy11(m): 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2012
I started dating my gf lyk 5months ago initially i jst wanted 2 have a bite on her notin real bt she has been able 2 win my heart cos she is da best iv ever had. She has given me everything so far. The problem is that we practice different religion am a christian nd she is a muslim nd nt ready 2 convert. My family dnt condon such relationship and i fear our future. What can i do?
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by mashnino(m): 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
Guy i dnt fink u shuld start worrying about that for now,

it's just 5 months
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by Eiregirl(f): 1:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
Why must one or the other convert? If you fell in love with her as a Muslim, why do you want to change her now & vice versa My husband & I have different beliefs, we just have to compromise on certain things.
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by chines4(m): 1:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
Cross the bridge when you reach there. I know there is something like mixed marriage
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by Mynd44: 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
If you fell in Love with her as a muslim why do you want her to change? Maybe it's because she is a muslim that those attributes that you fell in love with was manifested. Converting her might just change her
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by tboy11(m): 1:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
Nairalanders this is abt us being able 2 get married. My family dnt allowed such marriage and i dnt believe in such marriage either
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by mashnino(m): 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
^^^

just chil first
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by Eiregirl(f): 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2012
t.b.o.y:

Nairalanders this is abt us being able 2 get married. My family dnt allowed such marriage and i dnt believe in such marriage either
If you don't believe in such marriages why are you bothering at all with such relationship?
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by Mynd44: 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
t.b.o.y:

And you are looking for a quick fix right? You can't eat your cake and have it.it's either you marry her as a muslim or you leave her and stick to you bigoted beliefs
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by MrsChima1(f): 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
t.b.o.y:

Be equally yoked to someone that is compatible to you and if the girl isn't compatible to you then you need to seek elsewhere.  

Five months is too early to determine long term perspectives but focus on compatibility right now and if religion is important to you then you need to seek someone who shares the same religion as you and is compatible to you.  

Some people work well in mixed marriages and some don't.   Focus on what works for you.
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by tboy11(m): 1:22pm On Jan 12, 2012
mashnino:

^^^

just chil first
hmmm i don hear. 10x everyone 4 ur time
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by Flygeriana(m): 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
Listen and listen up, ma guy. . . Hard to do, but with ONE mind.

Since the marraige is stil in nursery level, and your family are not in support of such marraige, then call it quit NOW!
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by tboy11(m): 1:28pm On Jan 12, 2012
Flygeriana:

Listen and listen up, ma guy. . . Hard to do, but with ONE mind.

Since the marraige is stil in nursery level, and your family are not in support of such marraige, then call it quit NOW!
i dnt wanna hurt her cos she deserves the best
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by Mynd44: 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2012
the biggest mistake you can make in marriage is marrying someone out of pity. If you know you can't live with her, walk out
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by iice(f): 1:42pm On Jan 12, 2012
If you cannot meet on the same page, please move to another page.
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by MrsChima1(f): 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2012
t.b.o.y:

i dnt wanna hurt her cos she deserves the best

Are you attempting to marry her because YOU ARE DESPERATE and she is the best for YOU? You marrying her may not be what best for her.
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by MrCork17: 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2012
t.b.o.y:

I started dating my gf lyk 5months ago initially i jst wanted 2 have a bite on her notin real bt she has been able 2 win my heart cos she is da best iv ever had. She has given me everything so far. The problem is that we practice different religion am a christian nd she is a muslim nd nt ready 2 convert. My family dnt condon such relationship and i fear our future. What can i do?

bro. instead of thanking Alllah your getttin punnny, u cryin over religion.   looong hissss! angry
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by tboy11(m): 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Are you attempting to marry her because YOU ARE DESPERATE and she is the best for YOU?  You marrying her may not be what best for her. 

im nt desperate its just that if we end up in a bad way it will be very unfair on her cos she has given her everything to make things work so far. Thats my concern
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by Mynd44: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
t.b.o.y:

im nt desperate its just that if we end up in a bad way it will be very unfair on her cos she has given her everything to make things work so far. Thats my concern
And with all the sacrifices she has made you still cannot overcome your bigotry and marry her? Guy you are as confused as they come
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by MrsChima1(f): 2:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
t.b.o.y:

People take risks in relationships and some people give up more than others.  That's life but, you are concern with the fact that you do not want another man to marry her and since your family is against mixed marriages and I am sure her family is since they are muslim, you want to convert her so that your family will accept her.  

Please be honest, it will go a long way.
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by tboy11(m): 2:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

People take risks in relationships and some people give up more than others.  That's life but, you are concern with the fact that you do not want another man to marry her and since your family is against mixed marriages and I am sure her family is since they are muslim, you want to convert her so that your family will accept her.  

Please be honest, it will go a long way.  
what do u advise me to do. Iv been waiting for ur response
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by MrCork17: 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
white women dont behave like this undecided
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by MrsChima1(f): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2012
t.b.o.y:

what do u advise me to do. Iv been waiting for your response

My comment:

Mrs, Chima:

Be equally yoked to someone that is compatible to you and if the girl isn't compatible to you then you need to seek elsewhere.  

Five months is too early to determine long term perspectives but focus on compatibility right now and if religion is important to you then you need to seek someone who shares the same religion as you and is compatible to you.  

Some people work well in mixed marriages and some don't.   Focus on what works for you.  
Re: Way Forward In My Relationship Help Plz by tboy11(m): 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
@mrs. Chima thanks i really appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Guys, How To Spot D "one" / My Thoughts To Single Ladies Possibly Searching / ....date Wisely!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.