Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked (19161 Views)

FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate / Senators And Reps To Resolve Ongoing Crisis Between Labour & FG In 24 hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by staymayor: 1:14am On Jan 13, 2012
hmmmmmmm,this pple sha,i cant tell if the subsidy trap was deliberately intended or by mistake but, if you know jona,tell him his administration as been set up,if they like they can delay the approval of our request,it leaves us with more time to angrily dig out facts of how and where our money as been spent(plastic surgeries,private planes,feeding allowances,etc).And for those that support the subsidy removal,smh for you,and for those that are tribalizn this protest smh for you too,its is a struggle for our collective freedom,this guys ought to be public servants and not our kings.RISE UP NAIJA.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 13, 2012
Why not revert to N65 and investigate the illegal disbursement of N1.3 tn before any negotiations?
Jonathan clearly cannot be trusted with the supposed subsidy removal funds, judging by the way he has gone outside of budget, outside of any oversight mechanism, to squander a whopping 1.3 tn. He's clearly a criminal pretending to be the saviour of Nigeria.

Since he came in more than a year ago, hos scorecard on electoral reforms-zero, police reforms-zero, judicial reforms-zero. He has carefully avoided any policy initiatives that will begin to tackle the decades old systematized corruption in the system, instead he has surrounded himself with pro.sti.tutes and conmen who are just out to feather thier own nests all the while inflicting incredible hardships on the man in the streets. May God punish him and his generations yet unborn for being such a useless hypocrite!
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by slimshady1(m): 2:37am On Jan 13, 2012
I hope 'Badluck Jonagoat' saw hw Gaddafi's life ended He better swallow his pride, go back to #65/litre nd stop proving 'man' cos BOYZ ARE NOT SMILING OOOOOO!
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Scash(f): 3:47am On Jan 13, 2012
the country has succeeded in moving backwards, back to Babangida's structural adjustment program. Peopl wld starve. . .
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Orikinla(m): 4:09am On Jan 13, 2012
No negotiation with kleptomaniacs. Even if the strike ends, the revolution against corruption continues. Upstream operations will be shut down and oil facilities will be blown up!
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by cffb: 4:33am On Jan 13, 2012
Nigerian masses would be very stupid if labour accepts anything above 65naira. Let us stand now,like the Egyptians .our hope should not be put in Labour pls.
Aluta continua,
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by iluvnaija: 4:56am On Jan 13, 2012
next time nigerians should vote candidates with the best record and not where you come from or who are your parents and that is exactly what put us where we are now.
Thank God i never voted that pun k a ss mother fucke r.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Kobojunkie: 6:00am On Jan 13, 2012
Am I to believe that, once again, rather than negotiating with ALL groups out there that comprise the Nigerian people, the Government has instead chosen to only negotiate this with the NLC?

If this is the case, then it is in the interest of every single Nigerian out there to inundate NLC with their requests and to demand the group make no groups with the Government that the people, as a majority, do not agree on.  ASUU, Market women's unions, Trade Associations, Professional Groups, etc, all ought to be at that negotiations table and all ought to be able to equally vote, since they are also groups that represent, to a degree, the Nigerian people.
I am not certain exactly when NLC became the only voice of Nigerians and it would it be sad if the Government has chosen to see it that way.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Uchmonia(m): 6:11am On Jan 13, 2012
To me i think dat what deserve is prayer so lets join our hands 2gether and pray 4 our dear country. So dat d pump price will com down 2 #45 cos wit God all things are possible
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Jay5000(m): 6:15am On Jan 13, 2012
iluvnaija:

next time nigerians should vote candidates with the best record and not where you come from or who are your parents and that is exactly what put us where we are now.
Thank God i never voted that pun k  a ss mother fucke r.

Funny thing is, come the next election, Nigerians will still go to the polls and vote PDP right back into power.  Some will sell their conscience for as little as N50. Others will do so because of religious, regional and tribal sentiments. Nigerians never learn.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 13, 2012
whether them commot subsidy or not, the poor go still suffer.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Esumai(m): 7:04am On Jan 13, 2012
Even when I am ciriously affected by this national epidermics, I stil don't give up on GEJ, Knowing that he is the first PhD leader we hv gotten, Note: No educated father wuld deliberately enjoy watching his children suffer. Lets gv him sometime 2 arrive.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Kobojunkie: 7:08am On Jan 13, 2012
Esumai:

Even when I am ciriously affected by this national epidermics,  I stil don't give up on GEJ,  Knowing that he is the first PhD leader we hv gotten,  Note: No educated father wuld deliberately enjoy watching his children suffer. Lets gv him sometime 2 arrive.

Education makes NO GUARANTEES on any human so stop being silly. Go out there in the real world and see the millions of children of Educated fathers out there suffering.

Yes, you have a PHD President, and you would rather continue SUFFERING AND SMILING . . . . that is a choice, not sure how good of a choice it is but most definitely a choice! You probably feel YOU OWE HIM . . . you are not alone, there are probably thousands of your kind out there and so Fela got it right!
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 13, 2012
thats the annoying thing about my fellow Nigerians.

We dont learn fron History /events.

Elections are coming up in Adamawa and Bayelsa states yet with all these nonsense PDP is doing, one way or the other, PDP would still win those ELections.

Why should that be?
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by sizzlers(m): 7:21am On Jan 13, 2012
"Have Your Say! Call NLC
EXECUTIVES:08036660006,
08080900623, 08023341545,
08127233363, 08065601863. NLC
ABUJA:08065505797. #occupyNigeria" --
Posted by Kayode Ogundamisi, Just Occupy Labour House
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by sw: 7:26am On Jan 13, 2012
Names of Nigerians that the masses should go after, they are the one backing/supporting GEJ making him to think that he is doing the rigth thing

1 Madueke, Petroleum minister
2 Labara Maku, Info minister
3 Okonjo Iweala, Finance
4 Rotimi Ameachi, chairman Gov f
5 Emeka Ogwu, min for labour
6 Nigerian celebrities that campaign for GEJ that also came out to say they support the fuel subsidy removal (bunch of hypocrates) including D-Bang
7 All south south and south east Governors
8 All member of the executive council.
9 Edwin Clerk,
These people are anti masses based on there statements and position on the fuel subsidy removal
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by biometrics: 7:32am On Jan 13, 2012
Dont let us deceive ourselves, Government are the greatest deceivers.  They knew where they are going.  

NLC are saying N90 and FG N120. They are going to peg the fuel at N100.  

It is just a script they are playing for us. Am very aware by Sunday night the complete drama will be played out that "FG and Labour have agreed and now the Fuel price is N100.

"I dey here dey watch dem"
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by karlmax2: 7:37am On Jan 13, 2012
Yes, you have a PHD President, and you would rather continue SUFFERING AND SMILING . . . . that is a choice, not sure how good of a choice it is but most definitely a choice! You probably feel YOU OWE HIM . . . you are not alone, there are probably thousands of your kind out there and so Fela got it right!

So is it better to keep subsidizing for the rich and more populated lagos at the expense of the poor and less populated state like jigawa which is the poorest state in Nigeria? Goverment is saying let's give this money for subsidy to state and local goverment to look after its own people!! as a citizen if I hear that the FG is giving my LG almost 250billion a year!i cannot be on the street protesting that
Them money should be giving back to NNPC to continue sharing it fuel marketers.that why Ʊ Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ that all governors are in support of the removal is left for us the citizens to hold there state and local goverment resposible to knw where their own share is going to help the poor who the subsidy is actually intended for. Instead of the rich who consumes more of the subsidized fuel
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Kobojunkie: 7:41am On Jan 13, 2012
^^^ The only response I can give you is that you step out on the streets of Nigeria today and ask the common man, the poor you claim to be concerned about there, if they are the ones paying over 200% jump in price of Petrol today or not. I think that will more than help you in understanding how faulty your post thre is. No point going past that with you.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by karlmax2: 7:48am On Jan 13, 2012
My sista do Ʊ agree with me that the rich use more of the pms supplied to a state say like ekiti where government official has more than one car and the rich that own more than one car! If I am a poor man I would ask my self how much of this subsidized fuel that the poor really use?
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Kobojunkie: 7:51am On Jan 13, 2012
Me agree with someone who came up with the initial post I responded to earlier? Dude, I already answered you. Take that and move on ooo!!

Kobojunkie:

^^^ The only response I can give you[b] is that you step out on the streets of Nigeria today and ask the common man, the poor you claim to be concerned about there, if they are the ones paying over 200% jump in price of Petrol today or not.[/b] I think that will more than help you in understanding how faulty your post thre is.  No point going past that with you.

I don't think you have to even wait for this to happen in some future. The almost 200% price hike is already being paid for many of the poor who you continue to pretend are not affected in any way. So really, all you need to do is go ask them how they feel about finally paying 200% more. That is all the simple assignment you need to do now.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by samstels: 7:51am On Jan 13, 2012
If we like let us make the fuel 20 naira a litre ,the wrath will still be there if the cost of governance,wicked corruption ,is not checked .we should be fighting for a sovereign national conference to decide the way we want to live as a people .we are not matured enough for the kind of system we operate in terms of governance .ours is the most expensive democracy in the whole world .nigerians should be wise.subsidy is not the issue.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by ceejay80s(m): 7:56am On Jan 13, 2012
I smell a RAT, this NLC go fU ck us up. Dem do dey agree N90/litre sef
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 13, 2012
karl max.
u analysis is very faulty and it shows u ve been listening to Ngozi, dezani and Sanusi's arguments without critically thinking how true their positions are.

The poor take public transport(commercial bus, tricycle or motor bike) to their destinations. These transportation means were fueled at N65/litre in Dec 2011 hence they pay cheap for transport and the poor can use N400 to fill the tank of their small generators cos govt havent provided power supply.

Now that the price is more than double, dont u think that its the poor that would suffer the most?

Many rich can still afford fuel at N200 but not the poor.

Pls think well
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by fm7070: 8:04am On Jan 13, 2012
Govt. will not revert to 65. The best we can have is 120/litre.
All of them na wayo.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by atasteve: 8:05am On Jan 13, 2012
karl max:

So is it better to keep subsidizing for the rich and more  populated lagos at the expense of the poor and less populated state like jigawa which is the poorest state in Nigeria? Goverment is saying let's give this money for subsidy to state and local goverment to look after its own people!! as a citizen if I hear that the FG is giving my LG  almost 250billion a year!i cannot be on the street protesting that  
Them money should be giving back to NNPC to continue sharing it fuel marketers.that why Ʊ  Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ that all governors are in support of the removal is left for us the citizens to hold there state and local goverment resposible to knw where their own share is going to help the poor who  the subsidy is actually intended for. Instead of the rich who consumes more of the subsidized fuel
Don't u envisage that poor people in rural areas that are already buying expensive will begin to buy more expensive if Government remove the subsidy as you wished. Can you show what projects the LG and states' have done with billions obtained in the past years. The only thing that an average Nigerian runs on is fuel, why make it more expensive. Can't government probe NNPC and their marketers instead of making Nigerians pay for their corruptions and incompetence.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by AjanleKoko: 8:09am On Jan 13, 2012
toba:

karl max.
u analysis is very faulty and it shows u ve been listening to Ngozi, dezani and Sanusi's arguments without critically thinking how true their positions are.

The poor take public transport(commercial bus, tricycle or motor bike) to their destinations. These transportation means were fueled at N65/litre in Dec 2011 hence they pay cheap for transport and the poor can use N400 to fill the tank of their small generators cos govt havent provided power supply.

Now that the price is more than double, dont u think that its the poor that would suffer the most?

Many rich can still afford fuel at N200 but not the poor.

Pls think well

Kobojunkie:

^^^ The only response I can give you is that you step out on the streets of Nigeria today and ask the common man, the poor you claim to be concerned about there, if they are the ones paying over 200% jump in price of Petrol today or not. I think that will more than help you in understanding how faulty your post thre is.  No point going past that with you.

Don't mind them.
I don't want to believe the people who are posting this nonsense actually believe what they are saying. Maybe they just need a hero in their lives, and they see one in Ngozi. Because, if they lived in Nigeria, used I-pass-my-neighbour generators, and took public transport, they would not find this funny at all. In fact, I think they are just repeating that government asinine view for the heck of it.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by tojos(m): 8:13am On Jan 13, 2012
Lets get this clear:

Those protesting the subsidy removal are either the CABALS or their supporters, and are enemies of the country.

Returning the subsidy would continue to further enrich these CABALS (including Boko Haram).

Phased removal of the subsidy would still favour these CABALS and would also result in panic buying.

Since independent, Nigeria with its abaundant resources is yet to achieve development, and removing this subsidy is a
step in the right direction towards achieving that.

NLC should redirect their protest towards increase in minimum wage (18000 - 30000) and subsidizing the transport sector as it done in other countries so that cost of transport and items would not be high, instead of agitating for a reversal to N65/ltr, whereas there is no provision for fuel subsidy in the budget.

NLC should protest for the judicious use of the fund that would be generated  by the subsidy removal.
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by AjanleKoko: 8:17am On Jan 13, 2012
tojos:

Lets get this clear:

Those protesting the subsidy removal are either the CABALS or their supporters, and are enemies of the country.

Returning the subsidy would continue to further enrich these CABALS (including Boko Haram).

Phased removal of the subsidy would still favour these CABALS and would also result in panic buying.

Since independent, Nigeria with its abaundant resources is yet to achieve development, and removing this subsidy is a
step in the right direction towards achieving that.

NLC should redirect their protest towards increase in minimum wage (18000 - 30000) and subsidizing the transport sector as it done in other countries so that cost of transport and items would not be high, instead of agitating for a reversal to N65/ltr, whereas there is no provision for fuel subsidy in the budget.

NLC should protest for the judicious use of the fund that would be generated  by the subsidy removal.

Go back to bed. Obviously you got up too early. angry
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by Kobojunkie: 8:19am On Jan 13, 2012
tojos:

Lets get this clear:

So, with your reasoning, anyone who cannot afford Naira 140 for fuel and decides to protest against the almost 200% price hike is a member of the OJUJU Cabal or a supporter?

Also, when Jonathan went on LiveTV, about 3 weeks ago to announce that there was NO CABAL, stating that they were mostly legitimate marketers, doing business by the law, he did it not knowing that YOU had already had the information of this CABAL more than he did? How come you did not update him before that appearance of his?

And here I thought we have finally been told that Ignorance is not bliss but I see you are just living in bliss with that level of ignorance there . . . . what is your secret?
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by sw: 8:26am On Jan 13, 2012
Names of Nigerians that the masses should go after, they are the one backing/supporting GEJ making him to think that he is doing the rigth thing

1 Madueke, Petroleum minister
2 Labara Maku, Info minister
3 Okonjo Iweala, Finance
4 Rotimi Ameachi, chairman Gov f
5 Emeka Ogwu, min for labour
6 Nigerian celebrities that campaign for GEJ that also came out to say they support the fuel subsidy removal (bunch of hypocrates) including D-Bang
7 All south south and south east Governors
8 All member of the executive council.
9 Edwin Clerk,
These people are anti masses based on there statements and position on the fuel subsidy removal
Re: Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked by MrResource(m): 8:55am On Jan 13, 2012
biometrics:

Dont let us deceive ourselves, Government are the greatest deceivers.  They knew where they are going.  

NLC are saying N90 and FG N120. They are going to peg the fuel at N100.  

It is just a script they are playing for us. Am very aware by Sunday night the complete drama will be played out that "FG and Labour have agreed and now the Fuel price is N100.

"I dey here dey watch dem"

They settled for N90 even,i cant believe them angry. . .On Saturday,another aggreement would be made and am sure they will settle for N100.wtf!
Whatz more urgent in this country now than these protests?
These people just the play us ooo. . .All these Shakara na just Scam,SCAM!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Releases N40m Vehicle Allowance To Ex-Presidents / Senate Summons Adeosun, Emefiele Over ‘unauthorised $462m’ For Helicopter / Nigerian Labour Congress Rejects Petrol Price Increment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.