Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues (31333 Views)

Black Xmas And New Year As Fg Fail To Pay Salaries / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by OAM4J: 11:41pm On Jan 14, 2012
Labor, Nigeria government fail to reach compromise to end nationwide strike over gas prices - @AP

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/158314371808903168

BREAKING: Nigeria government, unions fail to reach compromise to end nationwide strike over gas prices

https://twitter.com/AP/status/158314718468128768
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by inspiredm(m): 11:45pm On Jan 14, 2012
REVOLUTION on the Way.

This Government is about to Self Destruct.
  angry angry
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by stiyke(m): 11:46pm On Jan 14, 2012
Its a pity though. Lagos Carnival continues, will this round 2 last another week??
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by toluxa1(m): 11:47pm On Jan 14, 2012
God dey!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2012
UPDATE: "After exhaustive deliberations, we stand by TUC. Systematic shutdown will go ahead as scheduled" - PENGASSAN
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by watbas: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2012
I'm Happy Labour didn't compromise. The 5 days strike would have been meaningless. Let's continue.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by damola1: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2012
Nothing dey happen,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by dayo23(f): 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2012
Finally Nigerians now shows they are fully ready.Let d Mother of all strike Begins, Let d revolution start nowwwwwW!!!!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by KokoBeware: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2012
wow!! this is not goood,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by OAM4J: 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2012
Nigeria labor says no agreement to end fuel strike

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) -- The leader of a Nigerian labor union says it failed to reach a compromise with the government to end a paralyzing strike over fuel costs.

Nigeria Labor Congress president Abdulwaheed Omar told journalists outside the presidential palace: "We have not reached a compromise."

That means a midnight strike looms for oil production in Africa's most populous nation.

If production is halted, it could cause oil futures to rise, potentially costing U.S. drivers an additional $36 million a day at the pumps.

Tens of thousands of people have taken to the streets across Nigeria to protest the government ending the subsidy Jan. 1.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AF_NIGERIA_FUEL_SUBSIDY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by seyekan(m): 11:51pm On Jan 14, 2012
i had d hunch things would end this way what with the interview of joseph sanusi 2day.bottomline the worst is abt to happen
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by alexleo(m): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2012
May God's will pevail in Nigeria. Amen.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by KTConsult: 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2012
Watch out for the mother of all strike, come monday, 16th January 2012. OCCUPY ASOROCK,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by doofanc: 11:53pm On Jan 14, 2012
Oya PENGASSAN, you know what to do!

This is fight to finish!!  angry angry
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by atasteve: 11:53pm On Jan 14, 2012
God pls give us sensitive leaders
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Mojibola(m): 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2012
so disappointing, with all thoz smiles(ashey they were just forming ni) Its a pity.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Mayflowa(m): 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2012
Labour should tell the details of the Negotiation.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by jamace(m): 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2012
Nigerians, no retreat, no surrender. We must show our so-call leaders that they are our servants and not lords. ALUTA CONTINUA!

Revolution imminent.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by valencia25(m): 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2012
OMG! Please this Devilish Souls (FG) should do something asap, it's really affecting us,

Meanwhile I read this online and i have got mine, thought of sharing it with my friends before the Bonus closes GET FREE AIRTEL BONUS NOW!! http://naijamediaworld..com/2012/01/get-free-airtel-bonus-now.html?spref=tw
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by kidsam: 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2012
Woe to the land who's king was once a servant!!!!!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Iolo(m): 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2012
I wonder what those who were in support of GEJ occupyin his bed have to say.

Strike continues,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2012
How dem go born my grand pa, with no electricity, born my papa with no electricity, born me with no electricity, i go wait make me born my pikin, make my pikin born he own pikin sef still with no electricity, d matter don pass subsidy, we are fighting for everything, i am glad i was born in this generation where we have to fight for change, A L U T A BLA BLA BLA,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by stiyke(m): 11:57pm On Jan 14, 2012
It is far from over.
BTW,
If there should be a revolution or anarchy, the poor will suffer most and in the end, another group of corrupt politicians will climb the saddle and the whole corruption thing continues.
Check it almost 8 out of 10 nigerians are corrupt, from those that commit exam malpractice to those that steal their employer's money or time to corrupt politicians.

So who will wipe out the 8 out of 10 corrupt individuals so they dont get elected after the "revolution"
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Emekamex(m): 11:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
A major crisis is looming. This is the breaking point of Nigeria.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Eagle75: 11:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
This is not funny at all, is gonna be dreadful!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Mayflowa(m): 11:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
Nigerians, no retreat, no surrender. We must show our so-call leaders that they are our servants and not lords. ALUTA CONTINUA!

Revolution imminent.

I bet u were never out to protest. Internet Aluta!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by bukobebe: 11:59pm On Jan 14, 2012
It is a tactic, they are counting on the fact that we'll get tired and start to be divided. Let's gooooooo. Round 2 is on.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Felixjude(m): 12:00am On Jan 15, 2012
this is sad, realy sad
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by kidsam: 12:00am On Jan 15, 2012
@ styike or whatever you don't have to worry if you are not corrupt. Don't start peddling ideas that weeken the mind
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Koikoi(m): 12:01am On Jan 15, 2012
They should tell us exactly what transpired at the meeting. We have a right to know
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 15, 2012
r------------i-------------p gej
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by umechuma: 12:01am On Jan 15, 2012
Nice move by GEJ
It will take tough stand to stamp out corruption in Nigeria
NLC and TUC are the melting pot of corruption in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okorocha Absent As INEC Presents Certificate To Senators-Elect- Pictures / I Decided To Test-Run The INEC's Election-Results Viewing Portal Already / Rauf Aregbesola Presents Ize-Iyamu As The Next Governor Of Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.