Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues (31341 Views)

Black Xmas And New Year As Fg Fail To Pay Salaries / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 15, 2012
@stiyke, U see where ur mind carry u go, We are not saying the whole system isn't corrupt, but do something for crying out loud, make it a better place, then enjoy, the ball is in your hand, they have everything to make it right, but yet they don't, so if i have to work so hard to get somethings done at work, and i am not applauded for it, someday i will applaud myself, They do nothing, but sit and get paid, 88million naira monthly, totally unheard of, abeg, In between this 8 you mention, you are a part of it,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by us4naija: 12:02am On Jan 15, 2012
Uhhmmm protestors, do you know the terms of the agreement that the FG offered? IF what was proposed what was the reason they did not accept it?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by doofanc: 12:02am On Jan 15, 2012
But this is not encouraging at all. As you in to church later today, ensure you pray for our dear country. sad
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by OAM4J: 12:02am On Jan 15, 2012
I wish we take endure the suffering once and for all and demand for more than subsidy reversal but for a lot more structural changes before we end this.

Lets take this opportunity, enough is enough!
 sad
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by yampoo(m): 12:03am On Jan 15, 2012
JONATHAN JONATHAN JONATHAN.HW MANY TIMES I CALL U? IF PENGASSAN STRIKE AND I NO SEE LITE TAKE BROWSE TO KNOW WETIN DEY HAPPEN FOR MY COUNTRY. NA U CON KNW WETIN GO BEFALL YOU OHH.

OYA I NEED YOU TO ADDRESS NIGERIA 2MORO SUNDAY SAY MAKE DEM NO VEX SAY NA BAD ADVICED CAUSED ALL THIS SUBSIDY IMBROGLIO.

REVOLUTION LOOMS.

WHERE MY KALACHIKOV? HEADING STRAIGHT TO ASO ROCK.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Pukkah: 12:03am On Jan 15, 2012
I want to state unequivocally that I'm fully on the side of the people. This waste, rot, arrogance, high-handedness, aloofness on the part of the government must stop.

The 'fools' have woken up.

How many emerging economies can abosrb/survive a sudden and astronomical increase in the price of a crucial commodity like petrol?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by kidsam: 12:03am On Jan 15, 2012
Know what? @ mayflowa
You sent them on an errand and they came back saying no compromise and what do you think that means? What other explanation do you want
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by layi(m): 12:04am On Jan 15, 2012
65 naira or nothing. No condition attached. Na fight to finish mudafuckers
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by lynxnoon(m): 12:04am On Jan 15, 2012
Hmmm
Its well
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by babestella: 12:04am On Jan 15, 2012
any details about what transpired?? info please
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 15, 2012
These leviathans in government need to be assassinated by well-meaning revolutionaries. We can certainly do without BADLUCK in our lives at this point in time.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by tboy30: 12:04am On Jan 15, 2012
Jona your gene ooo.this game don wear pant and g string together, i always imagine how can a country be without power in the 20th century when other countries are leaving electricity for other sources of generating electricity, Pdp una go hear am ooo, u guys no fit help, we no dey see una, its time to arrange occupy germany.any senator dat leaves around ur home should first feel the heat.

its time to strike them like electricity sef, una fadas
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by OAM4J: 12:06am On Jan 15, 2012
FLASH PEGASSAN says it aligns with Nigerians/NUC/TUC;orders all its branches to proceed with shutting down of the upstream oil sector on Sun

https://twitter.com/eggheader/status/158323011685060609
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by ipio(f): 12:06am On Jan 15, 2012
Sooooooooooo sad
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by reindeer: 12:07am On Jan 15, 2012
Good one from the labour leaders.
This is a one off opportunity to save Nigeria from the evil leadership.
GEJ has few options now
Revert back to 65 naira and crack down on the cabal
Keep the current ''subsidy removal'' and face certain political demise.
He has already exhausted the goodwill that made the SW,SS and SE vote him into power. Its only downhill from here for him.
Adieu GEJ.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by tenry(m): 12:07am On Jan 15, 2012
no pain, no gain, let's make this sacrifice and give GEJ the benefit of doubt. i am in total support of fuel subsidy removal.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 15, 2012
Aviation Minister, Mrs Stella Oduah

By Chinedu Eze

Nigeria’s domestic carriers may have lost about N7 billion in the first five days the strike embarked by workers to protest the removal of subsidy by the Federal Government.
Arik and Aero which have over 65 per cent chunk of the market lost estimated N242 million daily as Aero has the highest load factor per aircraft.

Arik which has about 40 per cent market share operates average of 120 flights daily, followed by Aero that operates about 70 flights daily left hundreds of passengers stranded on the first day of the strike, which was January 9, 2012.

Other airlines that recorded huge losses include Dana Air, IRS, Chanchangi, Air Nigeria and First Nation Airways.

The strike which paralised totally domestic operations in the first five days also led to huge loss of revenue by aviation agencies, including the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), which lost landing and parking charges, the Nigeria Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) which lost terminal navigation charges from domestic carriers.

All the other agencies lost passenger service charge from domestic passengers who were denied air travel by the strike action.

Industry expert and CEO of Belujane Konsult, Chris Aligbe, noted that strikes were not good for any business and they are usually regrettable because they lead to huge loss of revenue.

“The strike had tremendous impact because it affected both domestic and international operations. It is a huge loss in terms of revenue to the airlines, to the aviation agencies and how have the passengers been able to manage themselves?”

Aligbe observed that strikes were not in the interest of anybody because it would be difficult to calculate the huge losses incurred in terms of revenue and in terms of inconveniences and difficulties faced by employers, employees, passengers and others who have something to do with air transport.

“We will never be able to calculate it, the revenues that would have accrued from landing and parking, from over flyers for the aviation agencies; then revenues from passengers that would have accrued to the airlines. It will take a long time to calculate the losses.”

At the international wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, many passengers, some with children, were stranded for days and turned the departure hall of the airport into their living quarters as many of them could not go home because there were no vehicles to take them to their destinations.

A senior official of one of the major airlines told THISDAY that passengers face untold hardship as they could not move to their destinations, noting that the non-operation of domestic flights has incalculable effect on the nation’s economy.

“We are also losing our credibility with our interline because we have to service our partners with passengers which we are not doing and this is difficult for us and the passengers,” the official said.

Following the announcement of notice to airmen (NOTAM) by aviation labour unions, some international airlines stopped coming to Nigeria on January 8, including Air France, Lufthansa and KLM, leaving their passengers stranded for days without hope of their being airlifted any time.

But some airlines like Ethiopian, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Kenya Airways, Qatar Airways and Emirates operated during the period, but their passengers suffered delays as aviation union members barred them from airlifting their passengers at scheduled time.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Emekamex(m): 12:08am On Jan 15, 2012
This will hit USA real hard. Laughing in GEJ.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by stiyke(m): 12:09am On Jan 15, 2012
@dadaic like i hit a raw nerve there??
Its typical for nigerians not to think or see beyond their nose. Everyone is screaming protest protest revolution revolution without thinking what next after revolution or protest??
I feel GEJ is being sincere, nothing stops him from saying that he is going back to 65naira and in doing so refuse to pay the importers and that will result to serious scarcity that will even crush nigerians more and make you buy it at nothing less than 150naira
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Koikoi(m): 12:09am On Jan 15, 2012
pro01:

These leviathans in government need to be assassinated by well-meaning revolutionaries. We can certainly do without BADLUCK in our lives at this point in time.

i hope 1 day u go open ur eyes and see beyond ur nose
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by umechuma: 12:09am On Jan 15, 2012
stiyke:

It is far from over.
BTW,
If there should be a revolution or anarchy, the poor will suffer most and in the end, another group of corrupt politicians will climb the saddle and the whole corruption thing continues.
Check it almost 8 out of 10 nigerians are corrupt, from those that commit exam malpractice to those that steal their employer's money or time to corrupt politicians.

So who will wipe out the 8 out of 10 corrupt individuals so they dont get elected after the "revolution"
GBAM!!
Yes,8 out of every 10 Nigerian is corrupt
Butter put, 8 out of every 10 Nairalander is corrupt
Nigeria a nation of corrupt people!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by OmoTier1(m): 12:09am On Jan 15, 2012
A vote of no confidence should now be passef on GEJ and Impeachment proceedings to begin from Monday! He has lost the confidence of the Nigerian populace and He has to go!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by 2old4that(m): 12:10am On Jan 15, 2012
it's a pity!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by gascoign1(m): 12:11am On Jan 15, 2012
Infact am going to the freedom park this night, i want to pass the night there
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 15, 2012
stiyke:

It is far from over.
BTW,
If there should be a revolution or anarchy, the poor will suffer most and in the end, another group of corrupt politicians will climb the saddle and the whole corruption thing continues.
Check it almost 8 out of 10 nigerians are corrupt, from those that commit exam malpractice to those that steal their employer's money or time to corrupt politicians.

So who will wipe out the 8 out of 10 corrupt individuals so they dont get elected after the "revolution"
Sad but TRUE. Nonetheless, doing nothing is worse. The revolution continues!!!!!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by reindeer: 12:12am On Jan 15, 2012
Emekamex:

This will hit USA real hard. Laughing in GEJ.

This is where GEJ will realise there is no permanent friend once domestic oil prices rise in the west.
Gaddaffi was really cosy till he tried to interfere. . .his masters in washington and vienna will drop him faster than hot potatoes.
grin
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by sexlog(m): 12:13am On Jan 15, 2012
How i wish d crowd protesting at ojota could move down to aso rock on monday.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 15, 2012
ok now this is just getting irritating. Am going to bed and not getting up till this ish is over!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by MMJ(m): 12:13am On Jan 15, 2012
I cant believe GEJ is more stubborn than OBJ!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Koikoi(m): 12:14am On Jan 15, 2012
gascoign1:

Infact am going to the freedom park this night, i want to pass the night there

Goodluck 2 you. Don't 4get to call Tunde Bakare on your way
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by ceejayluv(m): 12:14am On Jan 15, 2012
I foresee a counter-protest for suspension of strike
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by cashful(m): 12:15am On Jan 15, 2012
both parties have failed the Nigerian people whom they claim to represent. How can they not reach a compromise, another week of suffering for something that will eventually be settled, why all this ego .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Visits Arthur Eze At His Residence. / Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany / "I Will Fight Obiano’s Re-Election With My Blood" — Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.