Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,430 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues (31344 Views)

Black Xmas And New Year As Fg Fail To Pay Salaries / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by kindablity(m): 1:40am On Jan 15, 2012
RED ALERT!!!!, Avoid readin any propaganda, dnt let dem kill d spirit, stay focused, d will of d people will prevail, ds isnt ''Candle in d Wind'', ds is ''Halogen in d wind'', our spirit wont be broken, #OCCUPY NIGERIA.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by MyPoint: 1:41am On Jan 15, 2012
Logic Mind:

Do something else then.
How many biafrans are demonstrating for subsidy today? Yet they all started with 20 naira each in 1970.
Go back to work, do something else, live within your means. Get off the streets. You are unelected. You are a minority.

God bless you. Even Bakare is going to work today(Sunday) at his church, after deceiving people not to go to work for 5 days.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by manugbo(m): 1:42am On Jan 15, 2012
im just afraid of war next week cry
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by son5070: 1:44am On Jan 15, 2012
As for me,subsidy has to go,it's d only way to fight corruption in that sector.We just have to hold the goverment accountable to provide the infrastuctures we need.
Protest about corrupt politicians and let this goverment do what they think is right for us and generations to come.
As someone mentioned,nothing prevents them from reverting the price to 65 naira and even borrow to pay subsidy to the expense of next regime.They really do not have anything to lose.
I do trust they mean well and labour should ask for way to alleviate the plight of the poor masses whom will be hit the most even if it to increase minimum wage to atleast 25,000naira.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by OilSubsidy: 1:48am On Jan 15, 2012
Why wait till Monday to protest. Start the protest this Morning after Church please cheesy

Remember to increase your tithe money o o because petrol don go up grin
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by ola4yinka(m): 1:48am On Jan 15, 2012
What !!! Labour leader says PENGASSAN won't shutdown, Damn i knew this would happen,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Thatdave(m): 1:56am On Jan 15, 2012
we need a new country, labour cant stop us!
ALUTA INSISTA
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Beaf: 1:59am On Jan 15, 2012
I really pity those who have been used in this strike. What did you protest for?
From the beginning, I shouted that it would be better off protesting for something concrete like the NASS members salaries, getting states and LG's to function as developmental hubs and revenue generators etc, but people decided to go out and foolishly protest for N65 fuel without even waiting at least a month to see the effect of the palliatives.

Their ulterior motive was to bring down the govt, now that they habve failed, what next?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 15, 2012
Subsidy has to go to kickstart our economy.
I see a lot of ethnic colouration in what is happening in Ojota.
I also noticed a chunk of Nairaland 7-star Generals here calling for revolution.
Mr. President means well for all of us because nothing stops him from reverting to #65 and continue the looting in Govt but he doesn't want to run the OBJ kind of paddy paddy govt.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by vaLasce(m): 2:02am On Jan 15, 2012
aCtIoN tIm3 4 9jA. . . . .
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by OilSubsidy: 2:07am On Jan 15, 2012
Daddy GO don predict better future for naija but our people no want change! Embrace this change and watch Baba prediction come through!!! grin
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by vaLasce(m): 2:08am On Jan 15, 2012
d b3giNinG'f d 3nD N 9ja.
s3aSoN 2.
stAts on mOnDay. . .
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by dayokanu(m): 2:16am On Jan 15, 2012
gen gen
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by fuqua: 2:20am On Jan 15, 2012
Am very sure people will start running out of steam in a few days! grin
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by kwizzy(m): 2:25am On Jan 15, 2012
Yea! Aluta continua!let us go back to d street,protest till will bring this govt down, but wait o!if my garri finish N̤̥̈̊ pepe no rest ‎​ doubt if ‎​ can protest wit empty tummy,talkless of watchin my child go hungry!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by slimisaac: 2:28am On Jan 15, 2012
Dat means 2nd half will start on monday
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by adedayodan(m): 2:33am On Jan 15, 2012
Its a pity,those behind GEJ does not want him to succed. The man should think very well. Revolution is knocking. Up nigeria.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Cdemian: 2:50am On Jan 15, 2012
I believe that there is something wrong with GEJ. He didn't even attend d meeting. Nigeria can't afford a wasteful presidential system and we can't afford N1Billion to feed our president and his wife after paying fat salaries and allowance. The masses must do something oh!,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Sommey(m): 3:09am On Jan 15, 2012
They r nt serious atal! Wt do they tak us 4?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Taich(m): 4:02am On Jan 15, 2012
God will not allow the prophecy of doom's day in Nigeria. We will over come this Subsidy palaver in Jesus name AMEN
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Diligence: 4:03am On Jan 15, 2012
Ain't it obvious that so-called leaders of labour/pengassan wt their spiritual ram & goat heads myt hv collected bribes from the oil thieves.  Jonathan: na una get oil.  Millions of well-meang nigerians are solidly behind u to the end.  Na so e difficult to fyt corruption that has eaten so deep esp supervised by hausa-fulanis and yorubas.  They hv so wrecked this economy and they want to continue until niger delta is sucked dry.

FG pls begin to arrest pengassan for treason, send soldiers to man our oil installations and power houses.  Enof of rubbish from these oil thieves and their relations who are deceivg the poor masses.  Pls send protection to millions of nigerians who do not want to join the strike, for them to continue their businesses.

Jonathan and the entire FEC: u hv started a clean-up nigerian revolution; pls don't stop, don't think that the corrupt and their cronies wil sit down and not fyt, of cos, they'll fyt, but by the race of God, the righteous shall prevail.  The Lord is wt u, ur actions myt not b politically correct, but it's economically superb, let's pay the price now and we shall prevail in Jesus name - Amen!

Foolish nigerians!  Na Europe i blame for forcg us together wt these gluttons of hopeless and cancerously corrupt nigerians.  I call on Niger Delta to take their destiny into their hands!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by mbulela: 4:05am On Jan 15, 2012
last chance!!
i will willingly accept 141 naira with a couple of solid structural changes to the systemic corruption and ineptitiude we are saddled with.
Much more than  65 naira,we need solid concessions from this govt.
if we miss this chance, it might not be peaceful next time.
something just has to give. this system is just not sustainable.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by chinakobo(m): 4:28am On Jan 15, 2012
I have not seen any convincing argument why the subsidy must be removed. everything promised by the SURE program has always been budgeted for in the last 13 years yet it was never achieved. we have spent $16 bilion to revive electricity and it never worked. we have spent N400 billion to reconstruct our roads, they are all still in very bad shapes. The annual nigerian budget stands at N4 trillion and after each fiscal year, budget implementation always stands below 40%. now govt feel N1.3trillion will do what N4 trillion couldnt do? its simple maths.

The right thing for govt to do is show us that we can trust them by full buddget implementation or is subsidy standing against that too? then come later and tell us to free more funds. we will gladly embrace sincere approach. May God bless Nigeria
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by ziccoit: 4:30am On Jan 15, 2012
oiseworld:

who told you GEJ government has failed, mind you its still less than a year. how come it has failled, he just warming up.

una never see anything yet.

This type of reasoning irritates me. If GEJ gov. is less than a year, where do we put the months spent before the elections?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Ganiyyah(f): 4:39am On Jan 15, 2012
This isnt good at all, though people may not realize it. GEJ is indeed devil-sent. All attempts to divide Nigeria by creating religious war between Muslims and Christians, tribal feuds between Igbos and Hausas with organised 'boko haram' strikes on Xtians and rebound 'strikes' on Muslims, have failed. Now the next strategy is to create hunger,anger,desperation and depression which will ultimately lead to chaos and unrest. Nigerians, please let us unite and work hand in hand to fight this evil regime,
Dear God, bless Nigeria, and Help us overcome. See us through to the promiseland.

Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by caseymoney(m): 4:44am On Jan 15, 2012
It's time for change and Nigerian shouldn't relent. If the NLC and Co decided to sabotage the masses efforts as usual. I think people should insist and Occupy Nigeria. No Labour leader assisted the masses in taking Egypt leader off the thrown. Civil Society and the masses did. This is democracy and the Govt should listen to his people. Pls don't relent OCCUPY NAIJA!!!!!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by greall12(m): 4:48am On Jan 15, 2012
We are [size=8pt][/size]hungry
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by efisher(m): 4:52am On Jan 15, 2012
When is d next meeting?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by 1Dray(m): 5:07am On Jan 15, 2012
LWFMF. . . Laff Wan Finish My Fuel! Money nor dey ATM o. . . Na hungry go finish strikers
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by stkris(m): 5:08am On Jan 15, 2012
If Nigerians miss this opportunity to stage a fight for at least a semblance of government accountability, another chance may never come. #occupynigeria NOW OR NEVER!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by GboyegaD(m): 5:17am On Jan 15, 2012
There is more than meet the eyes. If Jonathan claims subsidy is one of the major reasons for corruption why can't he call the corrupt people to book? If he is sincere in moving the nation forward by his adamant position on subsidy removal why is he not thinking of ensuring all Nigerians are secured by tackling the Boko Haram menace. It is unfortunate that even our governors support the subsidy removal thing not because they intend developing their states but because they see it as an avenue to make more monies. Most of them in years past have collected over N60b each as allocation what have they achieved with it If you are not faithful with small things you shouldn't be given more to handle so why then do I have to trust them?

If some people clamour that we should go back to work with the increased cost of transportation and food items with no corresponding increase in salaries, would this not lead to more hardship than people can bear? In a situation where companies cost rises far above their revenue, wouldn't they have to lay off more people? In an economy where there are no checks, why do we think government can just come one morning demanding we trust them when trust is not earned by words of mouth rather by deeds? For the sake of the masses most of whom live below $2 per day, I pray Goodluck reverses his decision and then compel those whom licence has been given to build refineries to complete them within 2years or he revokes their licences and also, for the major firms in the downstream, he should add it to one of the conditions for them renewing their licence and see if the competition he wants to derive from the private market not stem up from there.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by 1Dray(m): 5:21am On Jan 15, 2012
Give the President a chance. . . Shikena!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) / Trump To Sell Attack Planes To Nigeria For Boko Haram Fight / Governor Ikpeazu Visits Arthur Eze At His Residence.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63