Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word (13881 Views)

NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund / NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. / NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by hbabe(f): 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2012
Suegbes
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by iykak47: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2012
NLC/TUC Good fighters who know when to run away from danger.
If you think it's easy to fight the federal government, ignore the soldiers go to
Gani fawehinmi park ojota and continue dancing protesting.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Nyntynplus: 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
HeaVY BUsineSs Men!
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
Stupid
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by paulcr7: 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
Uncompromised
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by begwong: 5:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
they are both MESSIAHS!
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Goldenskin: 5:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
People serving and resilient unlike some posters on NL
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Americasman(m): 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
Agberos
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by promire2004(f): 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
ollyruffy:

Traitors!!!
seconded!
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by abilitii(m): 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
Nigerians are beginning to lost confidence on NLC/TUC.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
Ground Shifters
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by psoto(f): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2012
Strategic
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by LEXYLOV: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2012
patriotic
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Lero15(m): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
shocked won ti gbabode!
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by dmainboss: 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
I said it from day one that labor were going to shoot themselves in the foot. They have showed great inexperience in the handling of this crisis. This is where you have to duff your hat for Oshiomole. Having been a part of many protest myself even from my school days, I knew they had made some very major blunders with their approach. Their blunders left a lot of loopholes in the strike and boxed themselves to a corner. Some of their mistakes were:

1. You never ever take an extreme stand in a government labor dispute. You can take a hard stand, but you must always leave room for negotiations. Labor from day one allowed the sentiments of some clueless NGOs to influence them and took an extreme stance. They said they would never go back to the negotiating table until the government announces a reversal. No government will ever succumb to that. That is at best completely st.u.p.i.d and will always backfire. Labor is employed by government not by NGOs. It is like the fight between a husband and wife. Any third party that comes in between will eventually get the stick. In this case, labor became the unfaithful wife that decided to bring in an outsider to intimidate her husband. Foolish move!

2. When you do 1 above, you put yourself on the back-foot when you eventually come to the table. Also 1 above made the negotiations to start very late. At this time, the FG had gathered enough feedback and security reports to plan better and call the shots.

3. They allowed opposition politicians to take over the protest. Now before some of you defend that, consider this. There is a big difference between a mas action called by opposition groups and industrial strike by labor. They both have different rules and different outlooks. On top of that, there was no unanimous opposition support because the opposition actually supported the removal but only kept mute because they didnt want to offend the people. This created a real loophole. The opposition did not have the full moral power to protest. some say it is within the rights of politicians to hijack such protest. Well I completely disagree in a multi political state like Nigeria. There is a complete distrust amongst the various sections of Nigeria. So any protest can easily transform into a clamor for power shift. That is the reality of the day. And that was what people like Bakare brought to the table. The problem with that is that, those who seek power shift cannot seek it through mass action except they have the total support of the country. Unlike Libya and Egypt, they dont have that total support.

4. This one is interesting. They didnt consider a very subtle but key loophole. They didnt consider the fact that, though they were fighting a "good" cause on behalf of the masses, the corrupt oil dealers where as much beneficiaries of the strike as the masses. This was a big irony. I saw that loophole from day one and expected labor to find a way to maneuver themselves out of that but they didnt. That situation brought a moral question to the protest. Yes the loud voices of the mob tried hard to shut that down, but it was never going to go away. It was always going to be a recurring decimal in the whole saga. It also created a big moral problem for the labor leaders. There was always going to be the suspicion they were being sponsored. There was always going to be the issues that a return to N65 was a return to a cabal controlled Nigeria.

These are just my thoughts. I think that labor showed a lot of inexperience in the handling of this strike. I dont think they were bribed by government. People are too quick to say negative things because they have never worked in government circles. The situation on the ground didnt need government to bribe anyone. There are people whose job it is to do these kind of negotiations and believe me, they are good at it. they are what you might call evil geniuses. They know how to exploit all these loopholes I have stated. Some where too quick to say GEJ was not on top of the situation. But the silence for 4 days by the government shows he was on the driving seat all along. The ignorance of many here on NL is that GEJ actually works as one man. He never works as one man. He works as a team. There are people paid to handle crisis and they are well funded to research and act. Their reports give government the tools to navigate these waters. They get it wrong sometimes, but they always know how to regroup and restrategize.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by otokx(m): 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
Nigerian
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by daviesmania(m): 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
olukus
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by MMJ(m): 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
Subsideen's
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by xtremeidea(m): 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2012
Betrayal
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by mrofficial(m): 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2012
Deceivers
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by manny4life(m): 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2012
CLUELESS embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
Bitches
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by iykak47: 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
More courageous than most internet 'warlords'  on NL.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by EmmaSun1(m): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
NLC & TUC ARE BUNCH OF FOOLS
FOOLISH SET OF HUMAN BEINGS

WOULD I SAY GOD PUNISH THEM? NO
INSTEAD MAKE SATAN USE HIM HAND PUNISH THEM WELL A
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by iykak47: 5:45pm On Jan 16, 2012
Agu nwoke.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by umechuma: 5:45pm On Jan 16, 2012
8 out of every 10 Nigerian are corrupt
NLC and TUC are the melting pot of corruption in Nigeria
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by VUVUZELA10: 5:50pm On Jan 16, 2012
Idiots
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by honeric01(m): 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2012
Politicians.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by princepee: 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
money lovers
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Bright2(m): 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2012
Godsent!
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by debedebe(m): 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
Courage,
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Mayflowa(m): 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
unwise: for not allowing complete subsidy removal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner / Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today / Buhari Congratulates Wellington Jighere For Emerging World Scrabble Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.