Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? (4373 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / How Much Does It Cost To Obtain The Nigerian E-passport? / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by strangest(m): 7:44am On Jan 18, 2012
How Much Is Fuel In Your Area?

I was thinking that filling stations would have start selling fuel at N97 but I just bought N170 in Onitsha, Anambra,  Is it the same all over Nigeria? Has anybody actually bought fuel at N97?
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by jamace(m): 8:39am On Jan 18, 2012
You think those marketers will bring down their price so soon? May be NNPC mega stations.

They will tell you it is old stock and so can't sell less.
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by Korrection(m): 9:10am On Jan 18, 2012
Impatient nigerians, !!!! the price will come down, it wont just start in a day, be patient folks, haba
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by Atigba: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2012
Fuel price still remain 150 in my area, Majority of filling stations are not even saling?benin city
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by Ekans: 9:16am On Jan 18, 2012
The moment the pump price was jacked up on 1st jan,all fuel stations adjusted their prices the very next day(old stock or not)so why cant they adjust downwards now?GREED.
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by CyrilO1: 9:21am On Jan 18, 2012
In auchi, i just bought it for #195
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by azyaq(m): 9:29am On Jan 18, 2012
their fillin station sellin fuel @ lagos badagry xpress way but u can blak market for 200 nd above
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by Kay17: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2012
Ekans:

The moment the pump price was jacked up on 1st jan,all fuel stations adjusted their prices the very next day(old stock or not)so why cant they adjust downwards now?GREED.
they are good businessmen!! grin grin
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2012
These cabals are greedy. When the subsidy removal announcement was made, it didnt take them 5 minutes to push up the price, now 97 naira has been announced and the reverse is the case. Corruption of Citizens
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by victorazy(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2012
97/l
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by ogbongzky(m): 10:07am On Jan 18, 2012
Korrection:

Impatient nigerians, !!!! the price will come down, it wont just start in a day, be patient folks, haba

Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by stagger: 10:09am On Jan 18, 2012
In Port Harcourt right now, and only the NNPC filling stations are selling fuel. The queues are unbelievable,. Meanwhile, an armed robbery just occurred at Rumuokwuta branch of UBA, with gunshots around the Ozuoba/Rumuosi axis.

DIVIDENDS OF SUBSIDY REMOVAL!
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by snthesis(m): 10:14am On Jan 18, 2012
i bought @ N97 ysday Total Ikoyi
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by dagboss(m): 10:20am On Jan 18, 2012
My people i hail o another group of cabals have been identified, fuel station attendants catching on the opportunity to get their own subsidy before situation normalizes. My Moslem brothers you better be warned rams and goats will form a cabal before this year's Ileya festival to prevent you from slaughtering them. The next cabal to be dealt with is the one causing almost 2 months ASSU strike. Nigeria we hail thee,
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by maclatunji: 10:22am On Jan 18, 2012
I don't know.
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by otokx(m): 10:25am On Jan 18, 2012
The petrol stations are not selling in my area of Port Harcourt.
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by doctokwus: 10:32am On Jan 18, 2012
Una neva hear wein!When fuel starts selling @N200 average,that's when u people will come to realise that its bn effectively deregulated.Welcome to d dawn of internal smuggling,y bother paying customs at d border posts,going thru travelling risk over long distances,spanning 2 countries @least,wen u can effectively smuggle it within d states& still make enormous profit
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by xanadu333: 10:44am On Jan 18, 2012
i bought at black market N230/lit.
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by afm4ever(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2012
I bought #180 in onitsha
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by GeneralGEJ: 10:50am On Jan 18, 2012
Government is try to correct the annomalies  - it will take at least 1 month for things to level out - Have patience. I have deplored the armies to arrest anyone who sells above the N97 mark.
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by ignis: 11:00am On Jan 18, 2012
120@kano
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by IYANGBALI: 11:07am On Jan 18, 2012
IT IS #20=00 per litre in our village here in awka grin grin grin
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by chikis(m): 11:15am On Jan 18, 2012
[FROM OTUKPO BENUE STATE]
Majority of the filling stations in my area where selling at the rate of N120, N130 and N150 per litre. Only few were selling at N97 per litre.
Taskforce later intervened by going round the all the filling station to make sure that all comply to the N97 price announced by goverment on monday morning. That nearly resulted to break down of law and order as some group of okada boys rode to many of the filling station that failed to comply atempting to destroy their facility and threating to beat up any of the staff that will come into their way.
The matter become worse when all the filling stations consesusly decided not to sell again. That gave the blackmakerters chance to showcase their various talents. Many of the blackmakerters where selling at the rate of N300, N350 and N400 to those who are desprate to buy. The situation forced many okada men who do not have fuel to go home and park their motorcycle leaving only the few forturnate ones to enjoy the business ground.
This incindence occured yesterday being tuesday and we are still filling the impact uptill this morning being wednesday as many adopted the trekking system of transport due to the sort of frustrations in getting a n okada.
Am report from Otukpo, Benue.
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 18, 2012
Abt #30/Lt. at boko haram states. grin
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by mrofficial(m): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2012
I bought petrol @ N97 naira @ Oando close to Ojota bridge yesterday night.
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by otokx(m): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
stagger:

In Port Harcourt right now, and only the NNPC filling stations are selling fuel. The queues are unbelievable,. Meanwhile, an armed robbery just occurred at Rumuokwuta branch of UBA, with gunshots around the Ozuoba/Rumuosi axis.

DIVIDENDS OF SUBSIDY REMOVAL!

The armed robbers were caught by JTF who pursued them and shot most of them dead; heard their vehicle fell into a burrow pit filled with water.
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by faithin9ja: 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2012
Una neva hear wein!When fuel starts selling @N200 average,that's when u people will come to realise that its bn effectively deregulated.Welcome to d dawn of internal smuggling,y bother paying customs at d border posts,going thru travelling risk over long distances,spanning 2 countries @least,wen u can effectively smuggle it within d states& still make enormous profit

A very intelligent post. Simple facts of life, you cannot buck the market indefinitely, at some point the real value of goods will come through. Within the next year total deregulation will occur in the PMS market, government will no longer subsidize fuel and we the people will pay the real price of petrol depending on demand and location.

Notice already in central Lagos people are buying at N97 and up country people are buying at N150 plus.

Government should remove all subsidies and instead pay 'cash' or similar benefits to the people directly, for instance N10,000 paid to 90 million people is N900million still less than the N1.3 trillion (for those say there will be fraud in the system, I rather the boys who wash my car make multiple benefit claims rather than we pay a few Cabals billions of naira)
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by chikis(m): 12:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
otokx:

The armed robbers were caught by JTF who pursued them and shot most of them dead; heard their vehicle fell into a burrow pit filled with water.
That's a good news my dear. If our security agencies continue like this, robbery crime will be at it barest minimum in this country.
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by 101finz: 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2012
still dsame hell 97 naira
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by dohyn(m): 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2012
H
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by begwong: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2012
#97 here in jos but only sold @the nnpc mega stations with queue stretching over 5kms.Other independent mkters have fuel but chose to close shop due to greed i suppose!
Re: How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? by mimima(f): 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2012
between #180 and #200 in nnewi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka / I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ / Some Yorubas Be Like...(picture) After Oba's Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.