Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles (10236 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Satan Called A Worldwide Convention Of Demons / Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by cgift(m): 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2007
davidylan:

cGift and Pilgrim.1 are fully representing us here. I have naught to add but to say God bless you both and grant you even more wisdom.

Sir olabowale and his tricks. grin

dave,

You can go to sleep. At least you have passed the battons grin No shaking na relay race we dey. grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2007
olabowale:

@davidylan: do you say anything other than jokes?

Dont blame me . . . mohammed and his quran is all one big joke. grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by olabowale(m): 1:31am On Oct 25, 2007
@davidylan: The jokes will lead to hellfire. Remember the people of Noah? Everything was a joke to them. Watch it my man.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 25, 2007
olabowale:

@davidylan: The jokes will lead to hellfire. Remember the people of Noah? Everything was a joke to them. Watch it my man.

Which hellfire? The one mohammed said would consist almost exclusively of women? Based on that dont you think i have nothing to fear? grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by feelgood(m): 9:52am On Oct 25, 2007
Very refreshing posts dear pilgrim1,
c-gift and nwando.
Couldnt agree with davidylan more - you guys are doing a great job.
@ Olabowale
welcome back from ur sabbathical sir
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by yungsage: 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2007
it is a free world so bibles can't be banned but if dis happens the world i going down
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2007
you folks are great.
cgift,you indeed have a gift of knowledge.

david,honestly,I pray God grants you a woman as intelligent as me pilgrim1.
the girl is not only smart,she sabi knack oyinbo well well.

kai menene!!

If I had a single a brother,I would have asked for pilgrims hand on his behalf grin

from pilgrim.

(b) Talk about "acceptance", I discovered that authentic Christianity does not preach cheap acceptance at all. The popular doctrines of many today actually try to water down the purity of Biblical Christianity; but fr all that, you were wrong to have made such assumptions where you had no clues to the real situation.

(c) Now, if someone was lazy, you wouldn't suppose such a person to have been well-read and come out with irrefutable FACTS. Please note: I don't claim any great scholarship; but rather than make so much noise and chirp on non-essentials, I would rather that you open the Qur'an, the Hadiths, and any other Islamic resource and DISCUSS issues rather than complain. Lazy people do not exercise their intelligence - and dear Olabowale, you don't sound half-intelligent to me, if I'm allowed to be quite honest with you.

(d) Also, I constantly remind Muslims that the QUR'AN itself bears witness that Christians are people who are devoted to learning and are not arrogant (Sura 5:82). Surprisingly, many Muslims just open their mouth and accuse Christians of being "lazy" without remembering that YOUR QUR'AN points out that they are rather more studious than you guys!

([b]e) Talking about dying and hell fire, I've found perfect peace in the living Saviour - the Lord Jesus Christ, and in Him I can look confidently to the hope of being in heaven when He returns. My confidence in Him is so secure now than when I was in Islam and struggled with Muhammad's message that the majority of those who will be in hell are women! If there's any message more wicked than that, I'm sorry to say that I have not come across it to date![/[/b]quote]

my sister,no flesh and blood revealed that to you.
Glad to know that if I never meet you here,be sure I'll be looking for you in gloryland.
bless you all
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by cgift(m): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2007
nwando:

you folks are great.
cgift,you indeed have a gift of knowledge.

grin Ha! For where pilgrim dey? Pilgrim.1 na my oga o after Jesus grin Honestly I have never seen women as articulate a you guys. I doff my hat. Unfortunately I am married grin and I am restricted to 1 wife not 4 grin

nwando:

david,honestly,I pray God grants you a woman as intelligent as me pilgrim1.
the girl is not only smart,she sabi knack oyinbo well well.

kai menene!!

If I had a single a brother,I would have asked for pilgrims hand on his behalf grin

dave, are you SSSS (Still Single & Seriously Searching)?
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by olabowale(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2007
@davidylan: The hellfire that all prophets spoke of; the final abode of disbelieving folks. David, joke all you want. It takes nothing from the high esteem 1.5 billion people, who are presently alive hold the noblest of all prophet (AS)

The jews made jest of the personage of Jesus, son of mary (AS). Their destination, enmasse is the hell of fire! There will be men and women in paradise. There will be men and women in hellfire, too. Islam does not favor gender. It is God consciousness that detemines who receives the mercy of the Most Merciful; Tabaraka watahallah!

And to cgift, nwando and pilgrim, etc, stay diluded! The time to regret will come soon, enough. In 100 years from now, which is like any moment now to go, all of us will be dying off. Then you will know the true position of Jesus (AS), being a mere messenger. Like all the messengers who had passed before him! But it will be too late for you, because the soul will be violently, without mercy separated from the body!

I often wonder what africans see in a religion that enslave them in and out of africa. The fact that the Bible could be used to justify racism should make any, with sound judgement take a critical look at that religion!
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by pilgrim1(f): 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2007
@Olabowale,

olabowale:

@davidylan: The hellfire that all prophets spoke of; the final abode of disbelieving folks. David, joke all you want. It takes nothing from the high esteem 1.5 billion people, who are presently alive hold the noblest of all prophet (AS)

There are two things that I would like to call attention to here:

(a) The number of Muslims around the world does not necessary make Islam the "right" religion. It would be like saying that more than 2 billion people do not matter before Allah because they chose to commit their lives to the Lord Jesus Christ. Numbers excite Muslims, dear sir, as surely as propaganda does; but Christians are more concerned with the content of a message that produces true righteousness and irrefutable assurance for a heaven-bound believer.

(b) I observe you've committed the same deliberate "haram" that Islam forbids Muslims - and that is to distinguish between prophets. Often, Muslims will publicly announce that they regard all the prophets as simply messengers of Allah - without favouring one over another. But in reality, it is the same Muslims who come out to commit the same bloopers in public; thus exposing how deep-seated are their pretences.

Did the Qur'an not say that Muslims should not make any distinction between the messengers? On what basis is Muhammad then the "noblest of all prophet"? That definitely is a superlative construct that denies what you claim to believe in the Qur'an. Just incase you momentarily forgot, let me remind you of how many times Allah mentioned it in his Qur'an (I'll just quote the relevant sections):

[list]Sura 2 vs. 136
"that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them"

Sura 2 vs. 285
"We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His messengers"

Sura 3 vs. 84
"We make no distinction between one and another among them"[/list]

Those Muslims who fall into this hypocrisy of claiming to make no distinction between the prophets or messengers of Allah are the same ones who are called unbelievers by the same Qur'an that they claim to believe in! Let's see it:

[list]Sura 4 vs. 150-151
"Those who deny Allah and His messengers, and (those who) wish to separate Allah from His messengers, saying: "We believe in some but reject others": And (those who) wish to take a course midway; They are in truth (equally) unbelievers; and we have prepared for unbelievers a humiliating punishment."[/list]

If you keep going on with this double standards which many Muslims hold today and so be a candidate for "a humiliating punishment", the choice is yours. This is why we discussed the Islamic concepts of HELL FIRE for several weeks based on Sura 19:72 (that Muslims will go to HELL by a hatman decree from Allah) - in order that Muslims could then make informed choices as to the confused theories they espouse.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by pilgrim1(f): 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2007
Dear uncle Olabowale, you would have to choose between these two opinions:

(1) either you continue to believe this fallacy that Muhammad is
"the noblest of all prophets" - and then commit the "haram" of
being called an "unbeliever" by Allah himself (Sura 4 vs. 150-151);

(2) or, you simply have to admit from today that Muhammad was
not an iota better than any single man who lived before him and
after him - a "sinner" by his own admission, who was not even
sure what Allah would do to him at the end of his life!

When I present issues in any discussion, I try as much as possible to check out my facts first before posting them. I have done so with regards to the second assertion above - that Muhammad was not an iota better than any man; and that is even by his own admission. We know that Muhammad admitted he was a sinner - no question about that. And we know also that when his "sinful" activities are mentioned in public discussions, Muslims often tersely concur by apologizing with: "he was only human like all of us". That being the case, on what grounds then would Muslims continue to hold this "haram" of claiming that Muhammad was the "noblest" of all the prophets?!?

Not only so, but I'll just give one more example. If I asked you the simple question of pointing out the greater between J[/b]esus and [b]J[/b]onah, would you cringe from that question? Perhaps your likely rapdi response then would be that Islam does not distinguish between the prophets - and if that is what would likely happen, then you have once again highlighted the hypocrisy of Muslim claims to be honest!

Nevermind that both Jesus and Jonah start with "[b]J
", I would rather present you with a contrast between Muhammad and Jonah (taking for granted the FACT that Jesus is far above Muhammad). So, let's suppose that we were to ask Muhammad the simple question of who was greater between himself and Jonah, what would he say? I would not put words in his mouth; so let's hear him straight:

[list]
Sahih Bukhari Vol. 6, Bk. 60, Num. 127
Narrated Abdullah:
The Prophet said, "None has the right to say that I am better than Jonah bin Matta."

Sahih Bukhari Vol. 6, Bk. 60, Num. 128
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Whoever says that I am better than Jonah bin Matta, is a liar."

Sahih Bukhari Vol. 6, Bk. 60, Num. 154
Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet said, "Nobody has the rights to say that I am better than Jonah bin Matta."

Sahih Bukhari Vol. 6, Bk. 60, Num. 329
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "He who says that I am better than Jonah bin Matta, tells a lie.'[/list]

There you have it - straight from Muhammad's lips himself! He was not better than Jonah bin Matta; nor could anyone then claim that he was the "noblest of all prophets"! Any Muslim making such a claim may appeal tothe verse in the Qur'an that says that Muhammad is a fine example for Muslims. But even that verse needs to be weighed properly against other verses that contradict the fact in the same Qur'an! More than anything else, the Muslim who claims that Muhammad is the noblest of all prophets is actually qualifying himself or herself to be called an "unbeliever" by the same Allah who forbade Muslims from setting a distinction between the prophets (Sura 4 vs. 150-151).
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by pilgrim1(f): 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2007
@Olabowale,

olabowale:

The jews made jest of the personage of Jesus, son of mary (AS). Their destination, enmasse is the hell of fire! There will be men and women in paradise. There will be men and women in hellfire, too. Islam does not favor gender. It is God consciousness that detemines who receives the mercy of the Most Merciful; Tabaraka watahallah!

Dear oga Olabowale, we should carefully tell the truth at all times, abeg eh? I should assume that you may not know that much about Islam even though you're so passionate about Muhammad's deeds and teachings. If you had a clue at all, you would not be so bold to claim what Islam directly opposes. Islam actually favours gender discrimination.

olabowale:

And to cgift, nwando and pilgrim, etc, stay diluded! The time to regret will come soon, enough. In 100 years from now, which is like any moment now to go, all of us will be dying off. Then you will know the true position of Jesus (AS), being a mere messenger. Like all the messengers who had passed before him! But it will be too late for you, because the soul will be violently, without mercy separated from the body!

I would not like to leave you disappointed in your mistaken zeal. But there is only ONE person called the MESSIAH in the entire Qur'an, Hadith, Sirah, and whatever other Islamic resource there may be! And that ONE Person is Jesus Christ Himself! Muhammad never claimed to be the Messiah - he could not! And if this is the case, where did you get the idea that Jesus just being "a mere messenger"?!?

I want you to carefully reflect on the reason as to why indeed Jesus ALONE in Islam is called the MESSIAH. As honestly as you can seek an answer without the usual Islamic excuses, please let God show you why Jesus is not a mere messenger - but the very Messiah that not even Muhammad could deny!

olabowale:

I often wonder what africans see in a religion that enslave them in and out of africa. The fact that the Bible could be used to justify racism should make any, with sound judgement take a critical look at that religion!

Three things, dear olabowale:

(a) the Qur'an has been used to justify racism as well

(b) Muhammad was a white man who raided that Arabian peninsula

(c) Islam has continued to enslave Muslims in the middle East.

These are not frivolous claims - like I said, I have my FACTS and would be glad to share them on these concerns.

The point is that Christianity does not support your suppositions; and it is morally wrong to keep hiding behind these excuses as if they give Islam a better face.

Cheers.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by omerese(m): 1:22am On Oct 26, 2007
thank God for all the replies on the topic, i wasn't thinking backward when i posted, it was just a way of inquiring if the word of God is more in the hearts and deeds of men rather that just the Holy book. such that whether you have the book or not, will you survive as a christian? will you starve spiritually? it good to know that God word is written in our hearts, psalm 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.psm 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; His steps do not slip.

Jeremiah 31:33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

John 4:34 Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.

2 Corinthians 3:3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
God bless us all.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by olabowale(m): 4:32am On Oct 26, 2007
@pligrim.1: I wish you know anything about Islam. For sure you never read Al-Qur'an before. Very typical of most of the african, specifically Yoruba Muslims. By the way, i can say that, since am a Yoruba man.

Islam is the first and the only religion that emancipated women. Prior to the islam of muhammad, the jews and the christians blamed Eve our mother for what they call 'ORIGINAL SIN'. However, in the second chapter of the Qur'an, you read different. Eve was not blamed for the shortcoming of Adam and her, from the hand of Iblis.

Prior to islam of Muhammad, the arabs used to kill their daughters and even went to the point of burying them alive! Islam put a complete stop to it. Islam gave women the right to inherit and own their own properties. This never happened before, until the islam of Muhammad (AS).

The responsibility of belief and worship in obedience to One true God, is equally a responsibility of individuals, male and female alike. The first person to killed because of believing in One God, in makka was a woman. May God the Lord of Jannah put her in the highest level of paradise. Amiin.

The responsibility of nurturing children, based on the high quality of patience and kindness of women, is almost the sole responsibility of mothers. As for the place of women, they are so adored that they have the choice of being a housewife or whatever. remember that Khadijah, the wife of prophet Muhammad, was a successful business woman, and she was stopped from her 'job'! Infact, she continued to employ her husband, and from the wages, the prophet maintained the household. And Khadijah kept her name.

Allah said in the Qur'an that people should be called by their father's name. So it is Islamic that a woman, when married to still keep her father's name. Even though she may add the husband's name. You dont have that in the christian or jewish or any other religion! My wife is still known by her father's name. When you marry, please do not give up your family name for any reason. that is islam, a benefit for all!

In Madina, some wives who were wealthier than their husbands, asked prophet Muhammad (AS), through sayidina Bilal ibn Rabah (ra), if they could give financial gift to their husbands. The prophet said that they could and it will be considered as voluntary charity to them. For it is not compulsory that they do it. It is not Zakah, but sadaqah on them!

You may talk about women getting half of what men get in inheritance. The explanation above should answer your potential question. But let me help you out anyway with an elementary explanation: Since women are to be supported at all times, the woman has total control and ownership of her inheritance and wealth, 100%. If she is married, she continues to receive support from her husband. If she is widowed, she is supported by her male family members, eg, brother, etc.

As to education, everyone is encouraged by Qur'an to and hadith to seek knowledge, both religious and secular! A great number of knowledged was passed down from the women around the prophet!

Finally, the hadith that says that paradise or the route of paradise is under the feet of mothers. The prophet also said that when you give, give three times to your mother before you give one time to your father!

Please be sincere and give me an equivalence in the scriptures of the Jews and the christians.

Since people are cultural and most muslims put their cultures in islam, it is not true islam. Islam is Qur'an and Sunnah.

And you will never find a more gentle and kind individual who ever walked the face of the earth, than Muhammad. Muhammad took advise from his wife and that is mercy from Allah.

My sister, when you respond to me, please speak the truth. I am not blind in my reverence of Muhammad. it is the same with all prophets, including sayidina Isa bin mariam (AS). It is commanded by God the Almighty Allah not to discrimate between the prophets (AS). But my Isa bin mariam, is different from your jesus of the Bible, who you claim to be 1 part of 3 parts of God, which then turn to be One God! Does that make any sense to you?

Good morning my dear sister. Study hard and attain success. God willing, when you get out of this fantasy, God will soften your heart towards the path that is straight and not crooked.

By the way, if you read Qur'an, you will find many verses talking about forgiveness and paradise. I wonder what paradise and mercy and forgiveness, etc are doing in Qur'an. Except that it is meant for the muslims. If the follower goes to paradise, I wonder where the leader goes. Except the highest level of paradise.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by snrapostle: 7:54am On Oct 26, 2007
In the beginning was the WORD,and the Word was GOD. The WORD of GOD will be forever.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by cgift(m): 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2007
olabowale:

@pligrim.1: I wish you know anything about Islam. For sure you never read Al-Qur'an before. Very typical of most of the african, specifically Yoruba Muslims. By the way, i can say that, since am a Yoruba man.

What else does she need to know about the Quran other than the legitimacy that your quran gives to the Holy Bible and that your quran called Jesus the Messaih? grin
What else do you want her to know about the Quran other than what she has known that Mohammad was not sure of his call by giving four contrasting accounts of how he was called?
Or is it the fact that MO could not circumvent his appetite for anything under skirts that he had to amass 22 wives you want her to know? Or his insatiable greed for othr people's properties that made him kill people who did not provoke him in the least. Is it his declaration that more women are candidates of hell or is it your confusion about where you face when praying? Is it (oh my God!) What exactly do you want her to come and know? That your prophet was poisoned or that he died his hair red and lost his teeth in battle or that your verses where eaten by goats or some washed away being written on stones, tree barks, leaves etc. I am at loss here. Someone please help me!!!!

olabowale:

Islam is the first and the only religion that emancipated women.
By likening to them to what? candidates of hell? or calling them pigs or the subjcting them to slaves and distributing them amongst fellow warriors as spoils of war? So much good for women emancipation for someone who speaks from th two sides of his mouth.

olabowale:

Prior to the islam of muhammad, the jews and the christians blamed Eve our mother for what they call 'ORIGINAL SIN'. However, in the second chapter of the Qur'an, you read different. Eve was not blamed for the shortcoming of Adam and her, from the hand of Iblis.

Prior to islam of Muhammad, the arabs used to kill their daughters and even went to the point of burying them alive! Islam put a complete stop to it. Islam gave women the right to inherit and own their own properties. This never happened before, until the islam of Muhammad (AS).

The responsibility of belief and worship in obedience to One true God, is equally a responsibility of individuals, male and female alike. The first person to killed because of believing in One God, in makka was a woman. May God the Lord of Jannah put her in the highest level of paradise. Amiin.

The responsibility of nurturing children, based on the high quality of patience and kindness of women, is almost the sole responsibility of mothers. As for the place of women, they are so adored that they have the choice of being a housewife or whatever. remember that Khadijah, the wife of prophet Muhammad, was a successful business woman, and she was stopped from her 'job'! Infact, she continued to employ her husband, and from the wages, the prophet maintained the household. And Khadijah kept her name.

Allah said in the Qur'an that people should be called by their father's name. So it is Islamic that a woman, when married to still keep her father's name. Even though she may add the husband's name. You don't have that in the christian or jewish or any other religion! My wife is still known by her father's name. When you marry, please do not give up your family name for any reason. that is islam, a benefit for all!

In Madina, some wives who were wealthier than their husbands, asked prophet Muhammad (AS), through sayidina Bilal ibn Rabah (ra), if they could give financial gift to their husbands. The prophet said that they could and it will be considered as voluntary charity to them. For it is not compulsory that they do it. It is not Zakah, but sadaqah on them!

You may talk about women getting half of what men get in inheritance. The explanation above should answer your potential question. But let me help you out anyway with an elementary explanation: Since women are to be supported at all times, the woman has total control and ownership of her inheritance and wealth, 100%. If she is married, she continues to receive support from her husband. If she is widowed, she is supported by her male family members, eg, brother, etc.

As to education, everyone is encouraged by Qur'an to and hadith to seek knowledge, both religious and secular! A great number of knowledged was passed down from the women around the prophet!

Finally, the hadith that says that paradise or the route of paradise is under the feet of mothers. The prophet also said that when you give, give three times to your mother before you give one time to your father!

Please be sincere and give me an equivalence in the scriptures of the Jews and the christians.

Since people are cultural and most muslims put their cultures in islam, it is not true islam. Islam is Qur'an and Sunnah.

All of these shows your dubiousness and duplicity. On one hand, you elevate the status of women, on the other hand, you use them as sex-slaves and no limit at that to the numbr of sex slaves you can have. We do not even need to go into history for sampls of what your religious mentors do to women this days. In Iran, your god-father, that President is like a god!

Iran basically an Islamic spiritual colony, is the godfather of the Shiite Islamic terrorism,( Saudi Sunnis are an Islamic sect like the Christian Catholics while Shiites are like the Protestant Christians). This Allah's government in Iran is the most evil religious state today. Torture, murder and Islamic absolutism- an Islamic version of Hitler's Nazism, Stalin's Communism and Mussolini's Fascism combined.

There were 5,195 political and religious executions only in 1983 alone! Few years ago a bill was presented in Iranian Parliament asking that in according with the tradition of Islamic prophet, marriage should be allowed with 9 years old girl child!

Human rights are definitely not allowed to exist in the Islamic Iran, where according to the English language Radio Iran, the Holy Spirit of imam Khomeni hovers over Iran all the times. Women have been hanged on suspicion of sexual crimes. Even proved virgins have been sent to gallows, however, they are hanged only after being raped, as Iranian Islam does not allow hanging of virgins. Iran had used its oil money in the interest of Islamic revolutions all over the world, and continues to do so.

Algeria, known for its Islamic civil war continues with its Islamic horrors. Islamic absolutism and totalitarianism is imposed with guns and slaughters in the interest of religion of Islam. Men are usually killed for their religio-political crimes while women are killed just for the crime of being a woman in an Islamic country. Thousands were islamically raped and more than 500 were killed only in 1993.

Women have been killed for not wearing hijab (veil) [/b]or refusing to do so when imposed, for refusing to engage in Iranian-style temporary marriage, [b]for being married to foreign men, and for working and living alone. [/b]The victims have been as young as [b]9 years and as old as 69 years. [b]Women are often raped and tortured before being slaughtered. [/b]Thousands find themselves imprisoned in Islamic camps for no legitimate reasons. It is worth mentioning that women had a respectable status in society before the conquest of Algeria by Islam.

And you com here carelessly to repaint a barbaric Islam. No matter how you empty your water system, you cant eat from it. grin

olabowale:

And you will never find a more gentle and kind individual who ever walked the face of the earth, than Muhammad. Muhammad took advise from his wife and that is mercy from Allah.

Please keep that to yourself. If your sister had been beheaded because she did not put on her veil or because she committed fornication, you would hav praised allah grin

olabowale:

My sister, when you respond to me, please speak the truth. I am not blind in my reverence of Muhammad. it is the same with all prophets, including sayidina Isa bin mariam (AS). It is commanded by God the Almighty Allah not to discrimate between the prophets (AS). But my Isa bin mariam, is different from your jesus of the Bible, who you claim to be 1 part of 3 parts of God, which then turn to be One God! Does that make any sense to you?

Has it not been stablished that if there are discrepancies between the bible and the quran, we should sweep the quran aside because it points muslims to the bible for confirmation? So, if the Jesus in your quran is differet from the one in the bible, please throw the quran away and accpt the one in the bible, for that is what your quran orders!

olabowale:

By the way, if you read Qur'an, you will find many verses talking about forgiveness and paradise. I wonder what paradise and mercy and forgiveness, etc are doing in Qur'an. Except that it is meant for the muslims. If the follower goes to paradise, I wonder where the leader goes. Except the highest level of paradise.

yes. A carnal paradise of 72 virgins for you alone oga wale shocked. How you go dey run the show? You go need to dey take agbo and 'opa eyin' for your own paradise to perform grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by olabowale(m): 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2007
@cgift: Some body help you?; No. You are lost and there lies your confusion. You will never learn and come to understand until your heart is bled off completely the evilness in it.

About women: What does the Bible say? Please start from Eve and move forward. And done give us fancy stuff. give us the truth.

Am sure you will prefer the women, our mother to be naked. That sooths you fine. Men are also required to be modest too in Islam. Oh, muslim societies have to conform to christian society dictates. So when the Muslims want to unite and do their own thing according to Islamic jurisprudence, you have to fight it and refuse it!

Beheading is not a punishment for fornication. It is flogging, if unmarried. Get your facts straight. Dont write just for the sake of writing.

First, we have One Qur'an, then you have thousands of Bible! Why would I leave what is pure and go to many, disputing one against the others?

If you go to other place which is different from the Paradise of Muslims, you will be too occupied and busy with what comes to you anyway. My reward from God, in goodliness what ever it is, is not your concern. For truth will prevail over evil, at long last.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2007
olabowale:

First, we have One Qur'an, then you have thousands of Bible! Why would I leave what is pure and go to many, disputing one against the others?

Honey,there are Bible translations not different Bibles,please don't tell thiese untruths just to butress a point.

now read this

I am often told by Muslims that the differences between the different Qur'ans are only a matter of dialect or pronunciation. However this is not the case. Subhii al-Saalih is an Islamic scholar in this area. He summarizes the differences into seven categories [3].

Differences in grammatical indicator (i`raab).
Differences in consonants.
Differences in nouns as to whether they are singular, dual, plural, masculine or feminine.
Differences in which there is a substitution of one word for another.
Differences due to reversal of word order in expressions where the reversal is meaningful in the Arabic language in general or in the structure of the expression in particular.
Differences due to some small addition or deletion in accordance with the custom of the Arabs.
Differences due to dialectical peculiarities

in more detail http://www.answering-islam.org/Green/seven.htm#history

Islam is the first and the only religion that emancipated women. Prior to the islam of muhammad, the jews and the christians blamed Eve our mother for what they call 'ORIGINAL SIN'. However, in the second chapter of the Qur'an, you read different. Eve was not blamed for the shortcoming of Adam and her, from the hand of Iblis.

My dear Olabowole,if you must say this in order to promote Islam,the people must hear the truth.
Christianity no where blames eve and by extension women for the fall of man.
Can't you see how incomplete the Koran is when it it lacks the story of what transpired in the garden?
It was the fall of man,man here being male and female.
No Christian women are going around with guilt hanging over them as you would want your readers to believe.

Let's see what the Bible says of women

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. (NIV, Galatians 3:26-29)

The above tells us women have just as much right as men in inheriting the kingdom.The only requirement for eternal life is absolute surrender to Christ.
There should be orderliness according to the scriptures,men are the head of the home,that is the order of biblical authority but the women are in no way subhuman.
There were prophetesses and female judges,there were women who travelled with the male disciples to learn at the feet of the master.

Luke 8:1-3
1Soon afterwards he went on through cities and villages, proclaiming and bringing the good news of the kingdom of God. The twelve were with him, 2 as well as some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, 3 and Joanna, the wife of Herod's steward Chuza, and Susanna, and many others, who provided for them out of their resources.

au contaire let's hear Mohammeds verdict on women.

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said " I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful" (Sahih Bukhari 1:28)

muslim apologists will tell you it's because the number of women surpass that of men but we know what Muhammad meant.
In some other hadith,you see this.

Sura al-Baqarah 2:222 They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say it is an illness, so let women alone at such times and go not in unto them till they are cleansed. (Translation by Pickthall)

The one above is actually an insult to all women.
Women are diseased for about 5 days in a month,who knows where a woman would go if she died while menstruating.

Then the worst of all is yet to come,here we go.

Sura an-Nisa 4:24 And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hand possess. , (Translation by Pickthall)
Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess: , (Translation by Yusuf Ali)

In the above Muhammad makes available any woman captured in war,married or unmarried,an object of enjoyment by Muslim men and tells them not to ejaculate within her,in another hadith to prevent pregnancies.
"right hand posseses" means captured in war as sex slaves.

finally Muhammad at his best concerning women.

Once Allah's Apostle said to a group of women. 'Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women).', I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you.' The women asked, 'O Allah´s Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?' He said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' (Surah 2:282). They applied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in your intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?'   

A woman is basically half of a man in Islam.
A woman in Islamic sharia has to be escorted by a mere 13 year old boy if he's the only male around.
No,not for her protection,a little boy cannot protect anyone,but because she is regarded less than a full human.

She needs 4 witnesses to convict her attacker of sexual assault.
Imagine a rapist doing it under the watchful eye of 4 people.
How outrageous!!!
then she jumps through hoops to divorce an abusive man when all the man needs to get rid of her is pronounce "I divorce you" three times.
Even the prophet of Islam [b]asked a woman about to leave her husband to go sleep with the man first before leaving,[/b]how sick!!

Finally I leave you with a picture of an Iranian Muslim woman whose crime was probably sex-attack that she couldn't prove so it was labelled adultery.

Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2007
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:During the lifetime of the Prophet we used to avoid chatting leisurely and freely with our wives lest some Divine inspiration might be revealed concerning us. But when the Prophet had died, we started chatting leisurely and freely (with them).

Sahih Bukhari 7:62:115

Amazing how Mohammed used "revelations" to scare his followers and also how his Allah was quick to " reveal" things to Mohammeds advantage whne he disobeyed Allah's orders.
Hmm!,I smell a rat.

well for a detailed look at Islam and women see
http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Quotations_from_the_Quran_and_the_Hadith_Women
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by cgift(m): 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2007
nwado,

that one na death kernel shocked
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by olabowale(m): 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2007
@Nwando: The rat you smelled is none other than your very self.You bring all kind of demented stuff. Haba! Your sister is even surprised at you. Be honest for once.

have you seen the video of the evil treatment the Israelis upon the palestinians; christian palestinians included! What do you say to that? These christians are your people in faith. For me I feel for all. Of course you will support the people who killed your god. Come to think of it, when your god died, that means at that time you and people like you were godless!

My God is always complete, powerful and able to do all things. Mark you, without needing any one, including His Angles, etc. What can your god do independently of The True God, which is my GOD?

I still love you regardless of your wierdness.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by pilgrim1(f): 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2007
olabowale:

@Nwando: The rat you smelled is none other than your very self.You bring all kind of demented stuff. Haba! Your sister is even surprised at you. Be honest for once.
. . .

Now this is just making my evening after a tedious class today! grin I don't even know which one would be more amuzing - to finish my meal of dodo . . . or tease uncle Olabowale some more? grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by pilgrim1(f): 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2007
cgift:

nwado,

that one na death kernel shocked

That was why I leave the elderly man for a while (I don't want anybody to hold me responsible for any heart attack) grin

@nwando,
You do well! I just dey watch your excellent checks and balances wey you dey serve these gentlemen. . when they read the issues they assumed will never have come to light, then we begin to hear all the drama they rehearsed for emergency purposes. cheesy
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 29, 2007
olabowale:

@Nwando:have you seen the video of the evil treatment the Israelis upon the palestinians; christian palestinians included! What do you say to that? These christians are your people in faith. For me I feel for all. Of course you will support the people who killed your god. Come to think of it, when your god died, that means at that time you and people like you were godless!

My dear let's see what Christ said.
Return to main page for John 6

Jhn 6:51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."

It has always been in the plan of God that he (God) will someday redeem man for ever so he came in the person of Christ to do just that.
I don't expect you to understand it,you are not saved yet.
It is a mystery that an unsanctified man cannot grasp.

My God is always complete, powerful and able to do all things. Mark you, without needing any one, including His Angles, etc. What can your god do independently of The True God, which is my GOD?

I gave you a quote earlier where Christ claimed to be one with God and has been from the beginning.
I believe him. grin

Nwando: The rat you smelled is none other than your very self.You bring all kind of demented stuff. Haba! Your sister is even surprised at you. Be honest for once.

Inlaw mi smiley,I'm happy my sister is reading along.
I did not write the Koran nor the hadiths.

I love you too.
And I have told you before that you do have a good heart but misguided.
I pray someday,you'll understand what I've been saying.
Jesus says He is the way,the Truth and the Life everyother way na yeye.
Now is the time.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 30, 2007
olabowale:

have you seen the video of the evil treatment the Israelis upon the palestinians; christian palestinians included! What do you say to that? These christians are your people in faith. For me I feel for all. Of course you will support the people who killed your god. Come to think of it, when your god died, that means at that time you and people like you were godless!

These videos must exist in mosques only. The only videos i see every day i turn on the TV is Hamas busy shelling school kids in Sderot, i see videos of Osama Bn Laden threatening us with fire and brimstone unless we convert to Islam, i see videos of arabs slughtering blacks in Darfur, i see videos of Lebanese brutality to palestinian refugees, i see Hamas mickey mouse telling 5 yr old children that it is allah's will to drive the jews into the sea . . .

I dont see any videos of Jews going into Gaza to shoot children in the head - a favorite past-time of Hamas, the islamic jihad and the Syrian army.

There is no proof of Isreali mistreatment of palestinians - infact when Hamas unleashed a reign of terror in Gaza, the same palestinians were struggling to enter Isreal. So much for Isreali mistreatment!
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by luvchild(f): 1:35am On Oct 30, 2007
woooohhh scary thought but it will not happen.
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by ajadrage: 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2007
As long as the will of Jehovah be done, all variety of world religions will one day all be gone
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Betty605: 11:37pm On Nov 14, 2007
may it neva eva eva eva eva eva eva eva eva eva eva infinity eva happens !! amen!!!
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by Terrycy: 7:35am On Dec 31, 2010
banning Bibles happen, is inveriably asking life to come to a halt, dont imagine it and dont say it either
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by seyibrown(f): 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2010
They can ban the Bible but cannot ban THE HOLY SPIRIT! grin God already made provision for the event! grin God pass the anti-christ! grin
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by omerese(m): 3:21am On Nov 19, 2013
thanks for all your contribution. this topic came about because of the ban of religious symbols in some US schools and some civic institutions trying to be religiously neutral, i thought it would be good as most contributors have noted that our faith be strong enough to thrive even in the face of the worst atrocity. the word of God should be written in our hearts and we should be able to pass it from generation to generation. may God bless us all and keep us strong. amen
Re: Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles by POPEII: 6:12am On Nov 19, 2013
dreamnaira: satan had tried it before but God still preserved His world. Maybe, you know about the Dark Ages, the Catholic church under the influence of satan prohibited the use od Bible and
Burnt all the Bibles on there reach but God rivived His word at the appropriate time as the Two witnesses {Old and New Testament} were clothed in sackcloth 1260years {Rev11;3}, sackcloth here denote the period the went undercover.
so what were they using?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! / How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.